Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,520 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Do You Regret Been Born? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Regret Been Born? (1495 Views)

I'm About To Regret Getting Married / What Is The One Thing You Regret Not Asking Your Spouse Before Marriage? / "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Regret Been Born? by yanshDoctor: 12:11am On Apr 13, 2016
Do you regret being born?

I think it's similar to suicide in a sense or wish for oneself to just die. most commonly we sometimes wish we were never born, but the human survival instinct inside us and instinct response towards danger or life threatening scene won't let us think of suicidal actions or exposing oneself vulnerable to death too.

I wonder if people here regret being born,
while i acknowledge that life does have its ups
and downs, i feel that the ups are short lived
and grasped at like straws, many people will
never grasp long lasting joy, but we can grasp
short amounts of joy if we are fortunate
enough, on the other hands the downs in life
can last up to a lifetime, emotional scars that
never heal, personality complexes, grief and
loss, being terminally ill or knowing somebody
that is, seeing others suffer as well can lead
to your own suffering, the list goes on!

With no purposeful life, no objective life
beside trying to attain ones desires to feed the
endorphin addiction we all love, i have to ask;

where does suffering get us?
We cry and laugh because it's a natural
process of catharsis, but how many people cry
every night and continue to be sad, do they
regret being born? i know i do...

I implore you as the reader, answer me! i do
not ask from a depressive perspective or a
philosophical one, i am merely trying to
convey my feelings, although history may be
sad and messy, my words are something i can
pass on because surely i am not the only one
who feels like this nor will i be the last.

I have enjoyed life and taste Bitterness as well and still I don't find it meaningful. how would I want to bring anyone into a world I don't find meaningful. society tries to force things on us which are temporal. and we are blind to follow each and every trend. this only create rooms for more greed for wanting to have more even in detriment to other people's pain. politicians loot state money and carried it overseas to settle lustful wishes and they forget they are all vanity.

they are people who were millionaire about 300 years ago but what about them and their wealth as of today? I am privileged to live life and travel offshore outside birth place to see what life is or what other people take it to be. and yet I think it's all without meaning.

I am disappointed that so little people
are willing to face this question, as a forum
based on lonely people, i feel lonely within a
lonely community, am i misunderstood? or
simply ignored?

Please tell me that at one point you've felt
depressed because you couldn't figure it all
out. Tell me that you've been depressed
because you've gone around and around in
circles.

Tell me that you've been depressed
because you've realized that this is a bizarre
world with no answers.

Please tell me this, tell me that you've
thought and felt. Tell me you aren't all
cyborgs. Don't give me a reason to live just
tell me if you have or have not ever felt
depressed over this absurd situation. Please.

This is ridiculous I can't find anybody who's
ever felt depressed over this, why is everyone
only depressed over stuff made up by society
that they don't even know exists. Why don't
they care about their meaningless life.
"The individual has always had to struggle to
keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If
you try it, you will be lonely often, and
sometimes frightened. But no price is too high
to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." -
Friedrich Nietzsche

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Been Born? by micfoley: 12:12am On Apr 13, 2016
Huh?
Re: Do You Regret Been Born? by SexyStrawberry(f): 12:39am On Apr 13, 2016
OP u sound really really depressed, are u OK? cry

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Been Born? by nepapole(m): 6:41am On Apr 13, 2016
I pray we don't hear that a nairalander has committed suicide.
Re: Do You Regret Been Born? by Gigihabib(f): 8:43am On Apr 13, 2016
That in the end it all amounts to nothing?
Re: Do You Regret Been Born? by byvan03: 10:59am On Apr 13, 2016
I won't have a problem with not being born, oblivion is bliss. Since we are here already, the best we can do is enjoy it till our stay is over.
Re: Do You Regret Been Born? by Pidggin(f): 3:47pm On Apr 13, 2016
OP, live selflessly, you will find meaning.
Re: Do You Regret Been Born? by Boboye4slim(m): 4:35pm On Apr 13, 2016
yanshDoctor:
Do you regret being born?
I think it's similar to suicide in a sense or wish for oneself to just die. most commonly we sometimes wish we were never born, but the human survival instinct inside us and instinct response towards danger or life threatening scene won't let us think of suicidal actions or exposing oneself vulnerable to death too.
I wonder if people here regret being born,
while i acknowledge that life does have its ups
and downs, i feel that the ups are short lived
and grasped at like straws, many people will
never grasp long lasting joy, but we can grasp
short amounts of joy if we are fortunate
enough, on the other hands the downs in life
can last up to a lifetime, emotional scars that
never heal, personality complexes, grief and
loss, being terminally ill or knowing somebody
that is, seeing others suffer as well can lead
to your own suffering, the list goes on!
With no purposeful life, no objective life
beside trying to attain ones desires to feed the
endorphin addiction we all love, i have to ask;
where does suffering get us?
We cry and laugh because it's a natural
process of catharsis, but how many people cry
every night and continue to be sad, do they
regret being born? i know i do...
I implore you as the reader, answer me! i do
not ask from a depressive perspective or a
philosophical one, i am merely trying to
convey my feelings, although history may be
sad and messy, my words are something i can
pass on because surely i am not the only one
who feels like this nor will i be the last.
I have enjoyed life and taste Bitterness as well and still I don't find it meaningful. how would I want to bring anyone into a world I don't find meaningful. society tries to force things on us which are temporal. and we are blind to follow each and every trend. this only create rooms for more greed for wanting to have more even in detriment to other people's pain. politicians loot state money and carried it overseas to settle lustful wishes and they forget they are all vanity.
they are people who were millionaire about 300 years ago but what about them and their wealth as of today? I am privileged to live life and travel offshore outside birth place to see what life is or what other people take it to be. and yet I think it's all without meaning.
I am disappointed that so little people
are willing to face this question, as a forum
based on lonely people, i feel lonely within a
lonely community, am i misunderstood? or
simply ignored?
Please tell me that at one point you've felt
depressed because you couldn't figure it all
out. Tell me that you've been depressed
because you've gone around and around in
circles.
Tell me that you've been depressed
because you've realized that this is a bizarre
world with no answers.
Please tell me this, tell me that you've
thought and felt. Tell me you aren't all
cyborgs. Don't give me a reason to live just
tell me if you have or have not ever felt
depressed over this absurd situation. Please.
This is ridiculous I can't find anybody who's
ever felt depressed over this, why is everyone
only depressed over stuff made up by society
that they don't even know exists. Why don't
they care about their meaningless life.
"The individual has always had to struggle to
keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If
you try it, you will be lonely often, and
sometimes frightened. But no price is too high
to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." -
Friedrich Nietzsche
The truth is I do! I understand and can relate with all you're saying though I'm not rich and all that but I deeply feel that wealth, poverty, power, weakness, evil, goodness, are all nothing. We serve no purpose. Life is completely meaningless to me. Riches don't move me, power do not.... I can be kind, live a selfless life but does that really matter? Living a selfless life is not to hard to do. In fact very simple but it doesn't add meaning to life for me neither is being wicked or selfish cuz I can do that also. Everything when you really think about it is nothing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Been Born? by extyme: 5:00pm On Apr 13, 2016
Well, there are times when i feel so depressed to an extent of commitin suicide, i jst feel so neglected and rejected.. But then i remember God's love for me and the love i have for my unborn child... #theres hope 4 us all
Re: Do You Regret Been Born? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 13, 2016
No, I don't regret that I was born at all.

I LOVE LIFE!

I appreciate the beauty of nature, I love interacting with people, I love the relationships I have with different people, I love literature, I love music, I love Art and I love dancing, I love to explore new cultures and I love to develop. I love to make love and I love food. I love children and I love seeing people smile. I love technology and I love to travel. I love doing sports and I love good movies. I love my family and I love my friends. I love my job. I love the positive impact I have on people's lives. I love my house and I love jokes and appreciate a witty sense of humor. I love fashion and I love my car. I love have to fun and I love to be joyous. I love moments of clarity when you come to understand something profoundly. I love to observe how the world evolves. I love to see how mankind finds new solutions. I love growing older and with each year smarter, wiser and more relaxed. I love having guests. I love time on my own. I love to have fun. I love being joyous. I love to sleep. I love to wake up in my comfortable, cosy bed. I love being a woman. I love MYSELF. I love to love.
Re: Do You Regret Been Born? by Boboye4slim(m): 7:11pm On Apr 13, 2016
Mindfulness:
No, I don't regret that I was born at all.

I LOVE LIFE!

I appreciate the beauty of nature, I love interacting with people, I love the relationships I have with different people, I love literature, I love music, I love Art and I love dancing, I love to explore new cultures and I love to develop. I love to make love and I love food. I love children and I love seeing people smile. I love technology and I love to travel. I love doing sports and I love good movies. I love my family and I love my friends. I love my job. I love the positive impact I have on people's lives. I love my house and I love jokes and appreciate a witty sense of humor. I love fashion and I love my car. I love have to fun and I love to be joyous. I love moments of clarity when you come to understand something profoundly. I love to observe how the world evolves. I love to see how mankind finds new solutions. I love growing older and with each year smarter, wiser and more relaxed. I love having guests. I love time on my own. I love to have fun. I love being joyous. I love to sleep. I love to wake up in my comfortable, cosy bed. I love being a woman. I love MYSELF. I love to love.

and what do you get for loving all that you love The feeling of being in love I guess. Huh?
Re: Do You Regret Been Born? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 13, 2016
Boboye4slim:
and what do you get for loving all that you love The feeling of being in love I guess. Huh?

I feel good, passionate, motivated, enthusiastic and I have fun, fun, fun. I get things done easily and it makes me very successful in every sphere of my life.
Re: Do You Regret Been Born? by Boboye4slim(m): 10:08pm On Apr 13, 2016
Mindfulness:

I feel good, passionate, motivated, enthusiastic and I have fun, fun, fun. I get things done easily and it makes me very successful in every sphere of my life.
you're leaving out the main thing here. Even success is nothing. Neither failure nor success moves me. Don't think I'm not capable of loving. As matter of fact I do and I have people who love me too. I have families and friends and I'm selfless and good to them all. I'm successful in all sphere. All I'm saying is family, friends, foes, success, failure amounts to nothing at the end of the day. You wake up everyday cycling around life. It's the same damn thing.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Been Born? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 13, 2016
Re: Do You Regret Been Born? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 13, 2016
Boboye4slim:
you're leaving out the main thing here. Even success is nothing. Neither failure nor success moves me. Don't think I'm not capable of loving. As matter of fact I do and I have people who love me too. I have families and friends and I'm selfless and good to them all. I'm successful in all sphere. All I'm saying is family, friends, foes, success, failure amounts to nothing at the end of the day. You wake up everyday cycling around life. It's the same damn thing.

That's a reason why we shouldn't take everything so seriously and have more fun.

What is your best memory?
Re: Do You Regret Been Born? by Boboye4slim(m): 10:37pm On Apr 13, 2016
Mindfulness:

That's a reason why we shouldn't take everything so seriously and have more fun.

OMG!!! I DON'T HAVE SINCERELY
Re: Do You Regret Been Born? by Boboye4slim(m): 10:37pm On Apr 13, 2016
Mindfulness:

OMG!!! SINCERELY I DON'T HAVE
Re: Do You Regret Been Born? by Boboye4slim(m): 10:38pm On Apr 13, 2016
Mindfulness:

SINCERELY I DON'T HAVE ONE
Re: Do You Regret Been Born? by marshalcarter: 10:42pm On Apr 13, 2016
No
Re: Do You Regret Been Born? by Boboye4slim(m): 11:01pm On Apr 13, 2016
Mindfulness:

sincerely I don't have one wow!
Re: Do You Regret Been Born? by KanwuliaExtra: 12:55am On Apr 14, 2016
Yes!

1. A Nigerian! cry
2. A BLACK!!!! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Been Born? by Nobody: 5:26am On Apr 14, 2016
Boboye4slim:

Sincerely you do but you can't think of any now. wink Huge difference. smiley

I am really interested in a good memory of yours. It doesn't have to be anything big. Come on! Give me one! cheesy

Let me start, my recent best memory is the moment my three-old-niece told me that I am her favorite aunty just because I promised to buy her an ice-cream. Her eyes lit up and she hugged me tightly and wouldn't let go and told me how much she loved me just because of this ice-cream that she is not supposed to eat every day but that she loves so much. And then she took my hand and we went to buy ice-cream and it was a beautiful day, warm and sunny but not too hot and the air was so fresh and I noticed the different flowers that are flourishing so beautifully right now. And I took a deep breath and the child was jumping up and down happily next to me and we were singing a happy song and she made me laugh because sometimes she twists words. And the person who sold the ice-cream was very nice and friendly and was chatting with the child and I appreciated her kindness and the smile on everyone's face. And then we went to the park and met a mother with her little beautiful daughter and the four of us ....

I could go on and on.

It is the appreciation of such things that makes life beautiful.
Re: Do You Regret Been Born? by Ruq: 8:56am On Apr 14, 2016
Boboye4slim:

I understand that feeling of nothingness and wanting everything to end as fast as it can. It all started with taking things personal and to much idleness. It's obvious you think a lot.

I hope you find purpose again
Re: Do You Regret Been Born? by Boboye4slim(m): 9:46am On Apr 14, 2016
Mindfulness:

Sincerely you do but you can't think of any now. wink Huge difference. smiley

I am really interested in a good memory of yours. It doesn't have to be anything big. Come on! Give me one! cheesy

Let me start, my recent best memory is the moment my three-old-niece told me that I am her favorite aunty just because I promised to buy her an ice-cream. Her eyes lit up and she hugged me tightly and wouldn't let go and told me how much she loved me just because of this ice-cream that she is not supposed to eat every day but that she loves so much. And then she took my hand and we went to buy ice-cream and it was a beautiful day, warm and sunny but not too hot and the air was so fresh and I noticed the different flowers that are flourishing so beautifully right now. And I took a deep breath and the child was jumping up and down happily next to me and we were singing a happy song and she made me laugh because sometimes she twists words. And the person who sold the ice-cream was very nice and friendly and was chatting with the child and I appreciated her kindness and the smile on everyone's face. And then we went to the park and met a mother with her little beautiful daughter and the four of us ....

I could go on and on.

It is the appreciation of such things that makes life beautiful.
I admire the way you remember every details and moment, must be a really great moment for you. I'm 22 now and the best moment I think I had was when I won the neatest boy in school and that was a long time ago. I felt really good that day. I've had really unhappy past anytime I look back and realized the bad decisions we've made as a family.
Re: Do You Regret Been Born? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 14, 2016
Boboye4slim:
I admire the way you remember every details and moment, must be a really great moment for you.

I absorb such moments and I remember them again and again because it makes me feel good.

I'm 22 now and the best moment I think I had was when I won the neatest boy in school and that was a long time ago.I felt really good that day.

You don't have to do it here but try to remember more. Who were the people involved? What did they say? What wear you wearing? And most importantly, how exactly did you feel? Confident, proud, happy, joyful? The sheer memory has the power to make you feel good NOW and again and again and that's what EVERYBODY wants: to FEEL GOOD. And the secret to happiness are happy thoughts.

I wish someone would have told me that when I was 22. I needed much longer to figure that out. wink

I've had really unhappy past anytime I look back and realized the bad decisions we've made as a family.

We ALL have had them. It's up to us whether we want to recall them in our memory and feel bad or replace unpleasant thoughts with happy ones.
Remember that you your happiness depends on your attitude (=way of thinking). Master the Art of Positive Thinking and life will become marvelous. I promise. wink smiley
Re: Do You Regret Been Born? by Boboye4slim(m): 1:33pm On Apr 14, 2016
Mindfulness:

I absorb such moments and I remember them again and again because it makes me feel good.

You don't have to do it here but try to remember more. Who were the people involved? What did they say? What wear you wearing? And most importantly, how exactly did you feel? Confident, proud, happy, joyful? The sheer memory has the power to make you feel good NOW and again and again and that's what EVERYBODY wants: to FEEL GOOD. And the secret to happiness are happy thoughts.

I wish someone would have told me that when I was 22. I needed much longer to figure that out. wink

We ALL have had them. It's up to us whether we want to recall them in our memory and feel bad or replace unpleasant thoughts with happy ones.
Remember that you your happiness depends on your attitude (=way of thinking). Master the Art of Positive Thinking and life will become marvelous. I promise. wink smiley
pls does it mean I'm medically impaired if I seem not to remember any emotional feelings from the past? The way you describe the event with your little cousin.... I can't do that. You remember every details. I can't express myself well here. Can you give out your phone number? I love to speak with you on phone. I want to hear you teach me what to do.
Re: Do You Regret Been Born? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 14, 2016
Boboye4slim:
pls does it mean I'm medically impaired if I seem not to remember any emotional feelings from the past?

No, you are not emotionally impaired. You - like MOST people - focus too much on the negative instead of focusing more on the positive.

The way you describe the event with your little cousin.... I can't do that.

It takes a little practice. You can do it. I am sure. Have fun while doing it and be easy about it.

You remember every details. I can't express myself well here. Can you give out your phone number? I love to speak with you on phone. I want to hear you teach me what to do.

Sorry, I never give out my number. I have taught you all that you need to know and that is: think pleasant thoughts. You need to practice it so that it becomes natural for you and you will feel and be on top of the world. One step at a time and a lil more day by day. wink

Appreciate whatever you can appreciate, no matter how small, it will make you feel good. It can be anything, a smile, a beautiful face, nature, food, kind words, a good movie. Consciously appreciate the little things and the big ones will follow. wink
Re: Do You Regret Been Born? by yanshDoctor: 9:36pm On Apr 14, 2016
most of the response is still contrarily to the topic even when its was clearer and specific.

(1) (Reply)

My Brother Pre-wedding Pictures / I Need Advice My Girlfriend Kick Me Out Of Her House / Nominate 50 Underprivileged individuals To Get #10, 000 & Help for 6 Months!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.