Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,977 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

A Jealous God Can Only Be A Mere Tribal Deity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Jealous God Can Only Be A Mere Tribal Deity (1074 Views)

Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" / Things You Never Thought God Can Do / Is God A Jealous God? - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Jealous God Can Only Be A Mere Tribal Deity by Fabrepass(m): 7:50am On Apr 13, 2016
A JEALOUS GOD CAN ONLY BE A MERE TRIBAL DEITY

Jealousy is a uniquely human emotion and if any God should be Jealous, it proves that Gods are humans. Yes! Gods are ex humans. Humans created Gods in accordance with tribal images and traditions from the perceived spirits of ancestors. Out of thousands of Gods created by humans in all tribes of the world, only one is claiming superiority over the rest but his character as portrayed by the so called holy book proves otherwise.

The Judeo Christian God nicknamed Yahweh or Jehovah exposed his fakeness and inferior nature when he arrogantly declared to the Israelites that he is a Jealous God. (Deuteronomy 5: 9, 6: 15, Exodus 20 :5). Yahweh’s declaration not only proved that he is a mere tribal deity but also ridicules the notorious idea that he is the universal God. If Yahweh truly created something as expansive as the universe and everything inside it (including Gods), he has no reason to be jealous because he owns and controls everything. He is jealous of what?

Humans often become jealous when they come across what they lack or when they see others achieve success. Yahweh apparently saw some superior qualities in other tribal Gods and was scared that his followers (The Israelites) may likely abandon him for those Gods, so he issued a warning through his Chief priest Moses. Sounds like an insecure blunt God? The last time I checked, other tribal Gods such as AMADIOHA, SANGO, BUDDHA, ZEUS, KRISHNA, were never known to be Jealous.

The entire Old Testament stories show that Yahweh was not even in control; he couldn’t achieve anything for his professed children without waging war against people of other tribes or nations. Yahweh killed (Numbers 16: 35, 21: 6, Deuteronomy 32: 39, I Samuel 2: 26, Psalm 135: 10); lied (Genesis 2: 17, 2 Sam. 7: 13); deceived (Jeremiah 4: 10, 15: 18, 20: 7, II Chronicle 18: 22, Ezekiel 14: 9) and even played favourites (Deuteronomy 7: 6, 14: 2, I Samuel 12: 22). He also persuaded the Israelites to indulge in all sorts of immoral acts including STEALING (Ezekiel 39: 10, Exodus 3: 22), KILLING (Numbers 31: 17, 25: 4 – 5, Leviticus 26: 7 – cool GAMBLING(Joshua 14: 2, Numbers 26: 52, 55 – 56), CANNIBALISM (Leviticus 26: 29, Jeremiah 19: 9), etc.

Apart from jealousy, Yahweh was capable of all the negative human traits including anger, hatred, vengeance, etc. Yahweh was easily provoked than anything else even by his adopted children (The Israelites). A god with these traits can only be an inferior tribal idol and Yahweh made no mistake when he proudly called himself a tribal deity. Yahweh told Moses: “…I am the god of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob…” (Exodus 3: 6, 15).
Yahweh did not say he is the God of the universe, nor the God of humankind, nor the God of Africans or Asians.

Only a God created by humans can have the petty desires that were inherent in Yahweh’s operation.
Yahweh being an insecure tyrant God does not deserve the attention of any sane person.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Jealous God Can Only Be A Mere Tribal Deity by johnydon22(m): 9:25am On Apr 13, 2016
A jealous God is petty, Childish, insecure and pitiful.. Jealousy is a human emotion stemming from our vulnerability and insecurities..

A creator of the vast universe being as punny as Jealous, that's ludicrous ... Such a deity is OBVIOUSLY constructs of men from whence this emotions rule.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Jealous God Can Only Be A Mere Tribal Deity by Shollyps(m): 10:47am On Apr 13, 2016
lol

2 Likes

Re: A Jealous God Can Only Be A Mere Tribal Deity by ValentineMary(m): 3:10pm On Apr 13, 2016
Most times when people ask me why I.stopped believing in God, I tell them d bible. How can an all knowing God be ignorant of d fact that when u increase in altitude, u would meet continuous matter. And even d low oxygen content would kill d person that tries it. But he was afraid that some ancient primitive dudes would reach heaven if they continued moving up so he had to stop them. Like WTF!!! and even phd holders believe this.

1 Like

Re: A Jealous God Can Only Be A Mere Tribal Deity by Fabrepass(m): 3:11pm On Apr 13, 2016
johnydon22:
A jealous God is petty, Childish, insecure and pitiful.. Jealousy is a human emotion stemming from our vulnerability and insecurities..

A creator of the vast universe being as punny as Jealous, that's ludicrous ... Such a deity is OBVIOUSLY constructs of men from whence this emotions rule.

A jealous God is truly childish

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Jealous God Can Only Be A Mere Tribal Deity by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 13, 2016
Your words, Fabrepass...

A JEALOUS GOD CAN ONLY BE A MERE TRIBAL DEITY....

cool

...The last time I checked, other tribal Gods such as AMADIOHA, SANGO, BUDDHA, ZEUS, KRISHNA, were never known to be Jealous.

By the power of your own words, My jealous God (my favourite quality about Him) is nothing like your tribal gods.

Speaking of that jealousy, there are times I specifically appeal to God's jealousy especially when I think He's treating my enemies too nicely at my expense wink . I love my jealous God.

1 Like

Re: A Jealous God Can Only Be A Mere Tribal Deity by Fabrepass(m): 4:40pm On Apr 13, 2016
Muafrika2:
Your words, Fabrepass...

By the power of your own words, My jealous God (my favourite quality about Him) is nothing like your tribal gods.

Speaking of that jealousy, there are times I specifically appeal to God's jealousy especially when I think He's treating my enemies too nicely at my expense wink . I love my jealous God.

your God is an insecure God. He didn't even have a foresight.
Re: A Jealous God Can Only Be A Mere Tribal Deity by TrajansKong: 5:30pm On Apr 13, 2016
Muafrika2:
Your words, Fabrepass...

Please consider the level of moral corruption and mental instability implicit in your statement.

3 Likes

Re: A Jealous God Can Only Be A Mere Tribal Deity by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 13, 2016
TrajansKong:

Please consider the level of moral corruption and mental instability implicit in your statement.
ARE you atheist or Christian? I'd like to tailor my answer to match your reasoning capacity.
Re: A Jealous God Can Only Be A Mere Tribal Deity by TrajansKong: 7:36pm On Apr 13, 2016
Muafrika2:

ARE you atheist or Christian? I'd like to tailor my answer to match your reasoning capacity.

Atheist.

Try me.
Re: A Jealous God Can Only Be A Mere Tribal Deity by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 13, 2016
TrajansKong:

Atheist.

Try me.
Good to.know. It wasn't so obvious with all the lecturing on morality.

TrajansKong:

So what about my statement is morally corrupt? That I have a jealous God or that I love Him just the way He is? Love and jealousy do coexist, don't you think?

They do fall within normal behaviours that are likely exhibited be sane persons, don't they? -

Is there a particular reason why you believe God is too great to be Jealous of foul mouthed atheists like you? Then let me bring in a new level of low - Before God, we were all once LovePeddler's, (without pointing fingers, many still are,) who keep driving Him deeper into jealousy. Whores that He is betrothed to,

What do you think about the morality and sanity of that,
Re: A Jealous God Can Only Be A Mere Tribal Deity by TrajansKong: 2:44pm On Apr 14, 2016
Muafrika2:

Good to.know. It wasn't so obvious with all the lecturing on morality.

So what about my statement is morally corrupt? That I have a jealous God or that I love Him just the way He is? Love and jealousy do coexist, don't you think?

They do fall within normal behaviours that are likely exhibited be sane persons, don't they? -

Is there a particular reason why you believe God is too great to be Jealous of foul mouthed atheists like you? Then let me bring in a new level of low - Before God, we were all once LovePeddler's, (without pointing fingers, many still are,) who keep driving Him deeper into jealousy. Whores that He is betrothed to,

What do you think about the morality and sanity of that,

You are making my case for me better than I ever could, Muafrika2.

Please get help - and try not to enter into a marriage or long term relationship until you do.
Re: A Jealous God Can Only Be A Mere Tribal Deity by stonemasonn: 10:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
Some very early Christians (gnostic) believe the God of the old testament was different from that of the new, hence Jesus was sent by the new testament God to expose the excesses of the old testament God.
Re: A Jealous God Can Only Be A Mere Tribal Deity by orunto27: 10:49am On Apr 15, 2016
Jealousy is not founded in Tribes but in Character. So God is not a Tribalist but a Character!!!!
Re: A Jealous God Can Only Be A Mere Tribal Deity by Fabrepass(m): 12:31pm On Apr 26, 2016
stonemasonn:
Some very early Christians (gnostic) believe the God of the old testament was different from that of the new, hence Jesus was sent by the new testament God to expose the excesses of the old testament God.

hmmmmmmmm kiss

(1) (Reply)

Photos: SA Pastor Commands Young Woman To Sleep Inside Deep Freezer / Alleged Ex-driver To Bishop Abioye Of Winners Chapel Converts To Islam / Why You Should Be Very Careful What Church You Attend - A MUST READ!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.