Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,410 members, 7,812,212 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Shagari And Alex Ekwueme's Salaries 36years Ago.. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shagari And Alex Ekwueme's Salaries 36years Ago.. (35836 Views)

Photos From Alex Ekwueme Burial. His Grave Pictured / Nana Shagari And Saleh Lukat To Wed (Pre-Wedding Photos) / Obasanjo Visits Tambuwal, Shagari And Sultan Of Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shagari And Alex Ekwueme's Salaries 36years Ago.. by excel101(m): 7:32pm On Apr 13, 2016
Their annual salary was very big, both then and now. I wonder what the annual take home was like in the military era then, cos it wasn't transparent.
Re: Shagari And Alex Ekwueme's Salaries 36years Ago.. by dam4wummy(m): 7:59pm On Apr 13, 2016
that was when politics was all about serving the nation, now its about serving their pockets
Re: Shagari And Alex Ekwueme's Salaries 36years Ago.. by musicwriter(m): 8:03pm On Apr 13, 2016
And for those who always feel people like me are conspiracy theorists, you can see clearly on this newspaper a column by a white man saying ''why not master English?''.

In order for neo-colonialism to take root, in order to keep us in perpetual intellectual servitude, white people realized they must make us speak their language in order to continue controlling us in absentia.

Shortly before the so called independence, when we were still mostly intellectually African, the British and French were making frantic efforts to shove down English language down to our throats. They knew if they destroy native African languages they'll eventually also destroy our culture, point of view, religion, intellect, e.t.c. They knew, because Rome earlier used same strategy to destroy cultures in medieval Europe- though most European nations were wiser than us as they later bounced back to their various traditional languages. England, for example; went back to their native language in 1362. That's when English became an official language.

If you destroy the language of a people, you've destroyed everything!!.

The creation of what Bob Marley called ''educated fools'' was a strategic long term plot against the black race, and if we want to be free as a people we must jettison English language in our schools and in society, then, place a premium on our native languages.

African people open your eyes!. White people has messed up our minds. All I'm asking is that we do the same thing England did in 1362. Let's return to ourselves!!.

There is your proof.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3598421_capture_jpeg6d0ce43c2e6495dc5ba7597dd3872afd
Re: Shagari And Alex Ekwueme's Salaries 36years Ago.. by tipsieoladj(m): 9:33pm On Apr 13, 2016
Sey you get brain like this? You are complaining about the president nd vice president's salary whereas your senator's salary per month is more than double of the president and vice president's annual salary.
Re: Shagari And Alex Ekwueme's Salaries 36years Ago.. by tipsieoladj(m): 9:41pm On Apr 13, 2016
Have even tried to take a look at how much other african countries pay their presidents? Check it then you will know your president na small boy
Re: Shagari And Alex Ekwueme's Salaries 36years Ago.. by Wulfruna(f): 12:02am On Apr 14, 2016
Okay, before we start talking about how little politicians were taking home back then, can someone please adjust the sums to account for inflation, and tell us what that money is equivalent to today. Cause I know my mum bought a deep freezer in the 80s for like 100 naira.
Re: Shagari And Alex Ekwueme's Salaries 36years Ago.. by habsydiamond(m): 12:11am On Apr 14, 2016
this is called country fraud from 30k to double figure millions. God help us ooo
Re: Shagari And Alex Ekwueme's Salaries 36years Ago.. by stevedre: 8:52am On Apr 14, 2016
Nice.... I'm taking my daughter out today for sure after reading this.

abdul4new:
good old days before corruption crept in. e go better.
mean while I dedicated this FP to my daughter because this is daughters week. On the first day of their marriage, wife and husband agreed not to open the door for ANY visitor! That same day, the husband’s parents came to see them, and knocked on the door. Husband and the wife looked at each other... the husband wanted to open the door, but since they had an agreement, he did not, so his parents left. After a while, the same day, the wife’s parents came visiting. Wife and husband looked at each other, and even though they had an agreement, the wife with tears on her eyes whispered:- "I can’t do this to my parents", and she opened the door! Husband did not say anything. Years passed and they had 2 boys. Afterwards, they had a third child which was a girl. The father planned a very big and lavish party for the new born baby girl, and he invited everyone over. Later that night, his wife asked him what was the reason for such a big celebration for this baby, while we did not do so for the brothers! The Husband simply replied:- "because she is the one who will open the door for me!" Daughters are so special... your little girl will hold your hand for only a little while... but will hold your heart for a life time. It's 'DAUGHTER'S WEEK', and if you are a daughter OR have a daughter who makes life worth living, by just being around - and you love her as much as your own breath... if you are proud of your daughter, or being a daughter, send this to other people who have daughters or who are daughters.. as I just did...... Daughters are angels!Happy daughter's week.

Daughter is not equal to tension
But
In today's world a
Daughter is equal to
Ten sons

A FATHER Asked His DAUGHTER:
Who do you Love More, Me Or your Husband..??

The Reply Given By the DAUGHTER is:
I Don't Know Really,
But When I See you
I Forget Him,
But When I See Him,
I Remember you
That's Why DAUGHTERS are SPECIAL

It's DAUGHTER'S WEEK..
If you have a daughter who makes your life worth living by just being around and you love her as much as your own Breath....

If you are proud of your Daughter, send this to people who have daughters..!!

Daughters are so special! .
Daughters are angels.!

❤Happy❤
❤Daughters❤
❤Week❤
Pls click like for all daughters all over the world.
Re: Shagari And Alex Ekwueme's Salaries 36years Ago.. by naptu2: 6:08pm On Apr 14, 2016
One nation! (One destiny!)

One Nigeria! (One Shagari!)

grin
Re: Shagari And Alex Ekwueme's Salaries 36years Ago.. by cayorday89(m): 3:43pm On Mar 21, 2022
naptu2:

Are you referring to the Second Republic when politicians imported white prostitutes from Europe? When ministers used to make crazy money from import permits? Have you heard of Rajendra Sethia, the Indian who used to bribe Umaru Dikko to get import permits for rice sugar and other commodities? Do you know that he used to borrow money from Johnson Mathey, a British bank, in order to finance his corrupt deals with Umaru Dikko. Do you know that Johnson Mathey collapsed after the 1984 coup?

Do you know how many corrupt politicians had stretch Mercedes Benz cars in the 1980s? Have you heard about the lavish parties that senators and House of Rep members used to have at 1004 (featuring girls from Federal School of Arts and Science)?

Do you know that the 1983 election is one of the worst elections in Nigeria's history?

This is going deep down memory lane, and those girls' status now will be grandmothers who are gracing our churches and mosques staring at this generation Youths with one kind eye for dressing how their own way and living their truth...
Re: Shagari And Alex Ekwueme's Salaries 36years Ago.. by Nobody: 5:59am On Mar 22, 2022
cayorday89:

This is going deep down memory lane, and those girls' status now will be grandmothers who are gracing our churches and mosques staring at this generation Youths with one kind eye for dressing how their own way and living their truth...

You remind me of Okotie-Eboh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures And Video From Buhari's Campaign In Oyo Today / DSS Arrests Two Female Armor Traffickers With More Than 1000 Rounds Of Ammunitio / "PDP Promised To Pay Me 10k If I Attend Lagos Rally. I Did, This Happened'- Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.