Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,451 members, 7,850,575 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:27 AM

Can Buhari Be Prosecuted For 419 After He Leaves Office? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Buhari Be Prosecuted For 419 After He Leaves Office? (509 Views)

When Will President Buhari Be Considered Incapacitated? / I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki / Dakuku Peterside To Be Prosecuted For Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Buhari Be Prosecuted For 419 After He Leaves Office? by dukie25: 4:33pm On Apr 13, 2016
Considering the lies and fake promises of APC before the election can Buhari be prosecuted for advance fee fraud aka 419.

As I understand it, getting services, goods, money etc for services one knows to be false is punishable under the advance fee fraud legislation.

Can it not be argued Bubu won the presidential election using deception to obtain his mandate?

I want lawyers in the house to convince me otherwise.

An advance-fee scam is a type of fraud and one of the most common types of confidence trick scam.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance-fee_scam
Re: Can Buhari Be Prosecuted For 419 After He Leaves Office? by IVORY2009(m): 4:43pm On Apr 13, 2016
Ofcourse if you can prove ur case beyond reasonable doubt, why not, he is not above the law, now he has an immunity, if u hv facts and figures contact Bar. Adeburuwa!
Re: Can Buhari Be Prosecuted For 419 After He Leaves Office? by dukie25: 4:56pm On Apr 13, 2016
IVORY2009:
Ofcourse if you can prove ur case beyond reasonable doubt, why not, he is not above the law, now he has an immunity, if u hv facts and figures contact Bar. Adeburuwa!
The facts are overwhelming, from #5000 stipend, to making Naira equal to the dollar, to chibok girls, to Boko Haram, his scam list is endless.
Re: Can Buhari Be Prosecuted For 419 After He Leaves Office? by IVORY2009(m): 5:00pm On Apr 13, 2016
dukie25:

The facts are overwhelming, from #5000 stipend, to making Naira equal to the dollar, to chibok girls, to Boko Haram, his scam list is endless.

No dis are no facts, dis are just mere promises!
Re: Can Buhari Be Prosecuted For 419 After He Leaves Office? by dukie25: 5:09pm On Apr 13, 2016
IVORY2009:

No dis are no facts, dis are just mere promises!
These are the promises that gave him the presidency, what fact do you need?
Come to my place and see darkness, didn't Buhari promise uninterrupted power supply?
Re: Can Buhari Be Prosecuted For 419 After He Leaves Office? by Sctests: 5:58pm On Apr 13, 2016
Buhari definitely belongs to the gulag. If his zombies shout too much, throw them in there too!
Re: Can Buhari Be Prosecuted For 419 After He Leaves Office? by jojomario(m): 6:42pm On Apr 13, 2016
I believe this will not be the situation by 2019. Things will be much better before then. And you will have no reason to put up a case against him.

(1) (Reply)

Group Faults Call For Daura, DSS Boss’ Sack / Ondo LGA Election:Gov Mimiko Pictured Doing His Accreditation At His Ward(photoS / Leader Of Another Shia Organization Made Brilliant Presentation On Massacre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.