Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki (21412 Views)

I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances- Dasuki / Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari / Dakuku Peterside To Be Prosecuted For Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by laidian(m): 3:49am On Jun 24, 2016
Embattled former National Security Adviser (NSA), Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd) has told a Federal High Court, Abuja, that he is being punished by some persons at the highest level of power in the country for perceived grievances they hold against him while in active military service many years ago.
He did not name any particular person.
In his reply to a motion by the government requesting for his secret trial, Dasuki told the court that he has rested his case in God for the ultimate judgment.
“It is crystal clear that the defendant (Dasuki) is being punished by the powers that be for the perceived offences committed long before… we leave them to the Almighty God for his ultimate judgment,” his counsel, Mr. Joseph Daudu said.
Dasuki who is facing charges before three different high courts for various allegations and was granted bail but was rearrested in last December. He has since been held incommunicado.
At the resumed trial yesterday, the Federal Government had approached the court, seeking secret trial of Dasuki who is facing charges of unlawful possession of firearms, money laundering and breach of trust.
In the fresh motion argued by the prosecuting counsel, Dipo Okpeseyi, government prayed the court to allow witnesses give evidence behind the screen to be provided by the court.
He held that the request hinged on the fact that Dasuki, as a former top security chief, has large loyalists across the country who may jeopardize the trial if done in the open.
But counsel to Dasuki opposed the request for secret trial arguing that it would breach the principle of fair trial.
He added that contrary to the position of the government, Dasuki could not be a threat to the witnesses as he has been in the custody of the federal government since December last year.
Dasuki argued that open trial is the minimum requirement in a criminal trial and as such, any attempt to opt for a secret trial in the instant case, which was not a capital offense will run contrary to Section 36 of the 1999 Constitution on fail trial.
The defence counsel, therefore, asked the court to discountenance the claim made by the prosecution on the issue of loyalty in the military circle, stressing that such claim was a mere speculation and not backed up by facts.
Justice Ademola fixed ruling and continuation of trial for September 13, 14 and 15.

http://sunnewsonline.com/im-being-prosecuted-for-old-grievances-dasuki/
Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by nely(m): 3:58am On Jun 24, 2016
we know, that's buhari's tactics, very soon we will hear a new operation clear all opposition.. Good save Nigeria, why only PDP, APC members are as guilty as PDP, if he wants to fight corruption he should start from Mr.Money in the bag Amechi ,kwankwaso,and other members.

Today is my birthday show me some love.

97 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by LordIsaac(m): 3:59am On Jun 24, 2016
If only you left the commonwealth for the appropriate office....

6 Likes

Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by youngest85(m): 4:07am On Jun 24, 2016
laidian:
Embattled former National Security Adviser (NSA), Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd) has told a Federal High Court, Abuja, that he is being punished by some persons at the highest level of power in the country for perceived grievances they hold against him while in active military service many years ago.
He did not name any particular person. In his reply to a motion by the government requesting for his secret trial, Dasuki told the court that he has rested his case in God for the ultimate judgment. “It is crystal clear that the defendant (Dasuki) is being punished by the powers that be for the perceived offences committed long before… we leave them to the Almighty God for his ultimate judgment,” his counsel, Mr. Joseph Daudu said. Dasuki who is facing charges before three different high courts for various allegations and was granted bail but was rearrested in last December. He has since been held incommunicado.
At the resumed trial yesterday, the Federal Government had approached the court, seeking secret trial of Dasuki who is facing charges of unlawful possession of firearms, money laundering and breach of trust.
In the fresh motion argued by the prosecuting counsel, Dipo Okpeseyi, government prayed the court to allow witnesses give evidence behind the screen to be provided by the court.
He held that the request hinged on the fact that Dasuki, as a former top security chief, has large loyalists across the country who may jeopardize the trial if done in the open.
But counsel to Dasuki opposed the request for secret trial arguing that it would breach the principle of fair trial.
He added that contrary to the position of the government, Dasuki could not be a threat to the witnesses as he has been in the custody of the federal government since December last year.
Dasuki argued that open trial is the minimum requirement in a criminal trial and as such, any attempt to opt for a secret trial in the instant case, which was not a capital offense will run contrary to Section 36 of the 1999 Constitution on fail trial.
The defence counsel, therefore, asked the court to discountenance the claim made by the prosecution on the issue of loyalty in the military circle, stressing that such claim was a mere speculation and not backed up by facts. Justice Ademola fixed ruling and continuation of trial for September 13, 14 and 15.
www.sunnewsonline.com/im-being-prosecuted-for-old-grievances-dasuki/

Lai Dasuki

18 Likes

Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by Nobody: 4:09am On Jun 24, 2016
6 Likes

Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by rusher14: 4:18am On Jun 24, 2016
Did you disburse NSA funds like akara at a funeral or not?

112 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by Toosure70: 4:35am On Jun 24, 2016
Reason you should not do bad.

10 Likes

Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by WebSurfer(m): 4:35am On Jun 24, 2016
Are you guilty or not ??

7 Likes

Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by nonjebose(m): 4:40am On Jun 24, 2016
In as much as I don't subscribe to the secrete trial idea, Dansuki's lawyer should know that it is a little too late to play the sentiment game with all the claims flying everywhere

14 Likes

Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by kbams241: 4:50am On Jun 24, 2016
So disbursing our cake to ur fellow thief's isn't a crime to u ehn? May u neva geTtout of jail. Oloribu sombody

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by mysteriousman(m): 5:00am On Jun 24, 2016
Yes you are, the crimes you committed in distributing money meant to purchase weapons to protect lives and properties happened in the past, we are aggrieved and you must be trialed for this

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by utenwuson: 5:03am On Jun 24, 2016
we know ooooo but re u innocent in all the cases file against u? u n ur cronies seat on a round table n disbursed 2.1 billion US dollars within yourselves knowing fully well that a lot of Nigerians re in abject poverty n u re here calling GOD! infact thunder fire u

17 Likes

Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by babdap: 5:37am On Jun 24, 2016
Dasuki is an un repented old thief blaming someone for his travis on the money he mismanaged. If were to be. In some countries he must be in prison or had been sentenced to death by firing squad. Many breadwinner had been killed by BH.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by midolian(m): 5:39am On Jun 24, 2016
Dasuki should shut it already. The question is did u do it or not?

3 Likes

Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by OgaTheTop2: 5:40am On Jun 24, 2016
rusher14:
Did you disburse NSA funds like akara at a funeral or not?
Don't mind the stubborn thieving goat.

15 Likes

Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by Millz404(m): 8:24am On Jun 24, 2016
Old grievances, new grievances ... Thats your bleeping business.... Does not concern Nigerians.... Where it concerns us is did you swack our money? Yes or No

6 Likes

Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by massinola(m): 8:24am On Jun 24, 2016
k
Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by MadCow1: 8:25am On Jun 24, 2016
Being Punished for stealing our Money Biitch.. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Old Grievances are just the motivation and added bonus. angry

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by HopeAlive14(m): 8:25am On Jun 24, 2016
nely:
we know, that's buhari's tactics, very soon we will hear a new operation clear all opposition.. Good save Nigeria, why only PDP, APC members are as guilty as PDP, if he wants to fight corruption he should start from Mr.Money in the bag Amechi ,kwankwaso,and other members.

Today is my birthday show me some love.

Happy Birthday!

Wishing you many more years of good health and wealth.

5 Likes

Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by crunchyg: 8:25am On Jun 24, 2016
You mean past grievances of the money wey you chop?
[b] in other news: Mr Seun na my boy, Seun na my boy

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] it's still me CRUNCHY-G the EDIBLE GUY

1 Like

Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by raker300: 8:25am On Jun 24, 2016
1 year and now and Buhari has not convicted anyone (not one) on the grounds of corruption..just political prisoners from his opposition. SHAME

2 Likes

Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by Sijo01(f): 8:26am On Jun 24, 2016
This administration goes after people due to personal beef not necessarily because they're corrupt.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by BlackSeptember: 8:26am On Jun 24, 2016
This administration is failing daily

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by E99E(m): 8:26am On Jun 24, 2016
No...You are being punished for aiding the misappropriation of sums totaling up to $15 billion dollars

1 Like

Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by Horlufemi(m): 8:26am On Jun 24, 2016
He was once part of the powers that be. The table have changed.
Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by sammyj: 8:26am On Jun 24, 2016
ok
Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by Profkomolafe(m): 8:26am On Jun 24, 2016
grin I can't contain my laughter hearing this. Why did you divert funds in the first place?

1 Like

Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by Ask4bigneyo(m): 8:27am On Jun 24, 2016
Embattled....Jegudujera
Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by DropShot: 8:27am On Jun 24, 2016
Shameless! Were you forced to make all the revelations you released?

So, no remorse for all the wicked actions of this man?
Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by raker300: 8:27am On Jun 24, 2016
kbams241:
So disbursing our cake to ur fellow thief's isn't a crime to u ehn? May u neva geTtout of jail. Oloribu sombody
disbursing your cake is using budget from your tax money to import grass and pay his daughter's school fees.

You're ok with that but you're not ok with dasuki's ?
Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by DesChyko: 8:27am On Jun 24, 2016
Bear it. There's always Karma
Re: I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 24, 2016
I beg to disagree sir

You are not being persecuted but being prosecuted for:
1. Sending our soldiers to their early graves.
2. Making them undergo needless military trials.
3. Making Nigeria and Nigerian Army a laughing stock in the comity of nations.
4. Making Boko Haram look insurmountable.
5. Turning Nigerians to refugees even in their own countries.
6. Placing national interest below political and self interest.
7. Being an ATM machine when you don't even own a bank.
8. Making people like Fayose, FFK, Obanikoro relevant.
9. For not being a good example.

Stop crying foul of what you're guilty of. Stealing is now corruption

30 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reps Gather 113 Signatures For Dogara, Jibrin Probe By EFCC / Police Arrest Man Impersonating Superintendent Of Police & EFCC Operative (Pix) / Buhari’s ‘next Level’ Policy Is ‘poverty Forever And Atiku's Policy Is Looting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.