Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,686 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Can You Solve This? - Forum Games (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Can You Solve This? (39937 Views)

Brain Teaser: Can You Solve These Riddles? / As A Detective, How Do You Solve These? / Can You Solve This Question In 30 Seconds? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Solve This? by egbojay: 8:48am On Apr 14, 2016
There is no law that has fixed dis arrangement all ball down to zero
Re: Can You Solve This? by alexov(m): 8:49am On Apr 14, 2016
The answer is 1
Re: Can You Solve This? by Ficeo(m): 9:18am On Apr 14, 2016
1 is the answer.
Re: Can You Solve This? by TheSociopath(m): 9:53am On Apr 14, 2016
And to think that some of y'all shouting 0, 1, 2 actually passed Mathematics in WASSCE...
Re: Can You Solve This? by Nely77(m): 10:00am On Apr 14, 2016
Sorry for those replying 0, 1, 2 and 30. How did these people pass their primary school and did they attend secondary schools at all? It sounds embarrassing or is it that they are Joking? SMH

2 Likes

Re: Can You Solve This? by TheSociopath(m): 10:03am On Apr 14, 2016
Generals03:

Bodmas applies in every mathematical arithmetic. It is a rule.
Under this rule, you must treat multiplications as a priority before additions.

In this case, you first treat 1x0 =0,
Then you carry on with your additions;
1+1+1+1+1+1+1....+0+1= 12

In standard mathematics the final answer is 12.

Pls don't mind these people. I've seen countless of these things on facebook and the rate at which they miscalculate is shameful. And they are the ones that will be doing as if they know everything in this world. I wonder how people pass Maths in WASSCE if they are claiming BODMAS doesn't apply here
Re: Can You Solve This? by TheSociopath(m): 10:05am On Apr 14, 2016
Nely77:
Sorry for those replying 0, 1, 2 and 30. How did these people pass their primary school and did they attend secondary schools at all? It sounds embarrassing or is it that they are Joking? SMH

Say a foreigner ventures onto this forum and sees the answers...
Re: Can You Solve This? by extinctbeauty(f): 10:34am On Apr 14, 2016
Applying BODMAS, the answer is 12 since multiplication must be done before addition else calculating straight, the answer is 1

1+1+1+1+1
1+1+1+1+1
1+(1x0)+1 =11+0+1=12

I'm not really a guru, but I'm certainly not a dunce either.

***Modified****
BODMAS is a rule of basic Arithmetic hence the answer is 12
Re: Can You Solve This? by raphcy(m): 10:53am On Apr 14, 2016
Re: Can You Solve This? by fashionale(m): 11:19am On Apr 14, 2016
1 is the answer
Re: Can You Solve This? by DrGud: 11:25am On Apr 14, 2016
30 d answer. cool
Re: Can You Solve This? by Nusaf: 1:07pm On Apr 14, 2016
TheSociopath:

Pls don't mind these people. I've seen countless of these things on facebook and the rate at which they miscalculate is shameful. And they are the ones that will be doing as if they know everything in this world. I wonder how people pass Maths in WASSCE if they are claiming BODMAS doesn't apply here
Note that BODMAS is not a mathematical formula, but rather, it is an an aid to memory in simplifying common arithmetic computation involving more than one of the operators (+,-() etc). So, while using it, one's knowledge of arithmetic is very important. For instance, u may decide to treat multiplication cases before division and also treat subtraction before addition. Note also that the 'of' and 'multiplication' in the BODMAS are mathematically the same. Moreover, multiplication and division are nothing but series of addition and subtraction respectively. I can also prove to u that multiplication and division are the same thing. Same applies to addition and subtraction. So just hold onto what u know cos knowledge is infinite.
Re: Can You Solve This? by dylan1ng(m): 2:04pm On Apr 14, 2016
Re: Can You Solve This? by TheSociopath(m): 2:34pm On Apr 14, 2016
Nusaf:

Note that BODMAS is not a mathematical formula, but rather, it is an an aid to memory in simplifying common arithmetic computation involving more than one of the operators (+,-() etc). So, while using it, one's knowledge of arithmetic is very important. For instance, u may decide to treat multiplication cases before division and also treat subtraction before addition. Note also that the 'of' and 'multiplication' in the BODMAS are mathematically the same. Moreover, multiplication and division are nothing but series of addition and subtraction respectively. I can also prove to u that multiplication and division are the same thing. Same applies to addition and subtraction. So just hold onto what u know cos knowledge is infinite.

Thanks, but I know all these things you have pointed out. Multiplication is a series of addition. Similar to summation and Integrals. I still stand on my disposition. I won't say 30 because some white man's website says so. If 30 is correct, then the question is unmathematical. You don't break a number like that, you start on a new line in this kind of expression. If a number is too long such that it stretches to another line, brackets should be used to indicate that the number is not two separate numbers.
Re: Can You Solve This? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 14, 2016
Nusaf:

BODMAS is not an aid to memorizing arithmetic. It is the ORDER for arithmetic.

BODMAS is the order of operations used in mathematics, logic and programming. It is the standard rule and guide to follow for correct arithmetics.

Read more here:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_operations
Re: Can You Solve This? by hod898(m): 8:16pm On Apr 14, 2016
What's with all the arguments? The correct answer is 2.
Reason:
This is a word problem mixed with numbers. It says ''Solve the FOLLOWING equation.'' This implies that an equation follows something, which in this case is a set of two groups of numbers. The first two sums could be a number that was split. For example, 3 = 1 + 1 + 1. However, they were only statements. An equation shows the value of some operation an USUALLY has the equality sign, " = ".Hence, the problem can be seen as:
1 + 1 × 0 + 1 = ?
This makes the answer 2
Re: Can You Solve This? by Coraje(m): 5:40am On Apr 15, 2016
Ramanto:

What Bodmas Are You Talking About, Can You Please Explain The Application Here?

Bodmas is a sequence. When ever u see an equation like this,the first thing u go for is solving the multiplication first. And after solving u will have something like this:
.1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+0+1
. Therefore ur answer is 12.

Modified
Oops the question is actually very tricky. Upon studying the question again I realized that there were two 11s there. So instead of 12, ur answer will be 30

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Solve This? by Nusaf: 7:25am On Apr 15, 2016
Generals03:

BODMAS is not an aid to memorizing arithmetic. It is the ORDER for arithmetic.

BODMAS is the order of operations used in mathematics, logic and programming. It is the standard rule and guide to follow for correct arithmetics.

Read more here:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_operations

Then I ask; if I decide to treat cases of multiplication before division and subtraction before addition which obviously negates that order, will my computation be right or wrong? And I may decide to also treat multiplication and division cases before bracket and arrive at the same answer e.g (3+4)×5=7×5=35 or (15+20)=35. It depends on ur knowledge of numbers and their different possible manipulations. It might be an order in which a machine is programmed to compute or a programming logic for a programmer but as a human being, u are not under any bondage to comply with that order. BODMAS, I repeat, is an aid to memory for primary school children.
Re: Can You Solve This? by ojac1: 1:55am On Apr 16, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

30 is the answer.
1+1+1+1+11+1+1+1+11+1×0+1= 30
where r u seeing d 11 biko?
Re: Can You Solve This? by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 2:17am On Apr 16, 2016
ojac1:
where r u seeing d 11 biko?
If you check the the end of the first row and the beginning of the second row, you will see that there is no plus (+) sign connecting two rows, that is where 11 came in, same goes with second and third row.
Re: Can You Solve This? by Guyfawkes2: 11:38pm On Mar 13
Okrikaboi . Boss
Re: Can You Solve This? by okrikaboi: 12:48am On Mar 14
Guyfawkes2:
Okrikaboi . Boss
Re: Can You Solve This? by Guyfawkes2: 2:15pm On Mar 14
okrikaboi:

08161199891 chichi
Tell her you got it from Richie if she asks.
No do anything wey go cast compass for others. If she asks how I know you tell her we work together at the office.
thanks boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Continue With The Chain. / Transliterations Of "Na Dem Dey Rush Us" / Continue the story ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.