Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

This Is It! no More Alms To Stranded Strangers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / This Is It! no More Alms To Stranded Strangers (698 Views)

“Don’t Accept Wrapped Gifts From Strangers” – Commissioner Of Police Says / First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos / Travelers Stranded Along Lagos-Ore Road Following Robbery Attack (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is It! no More Alms To Stranded Strangers by umehmj(m): 7:12pm On Apr 13, 2016
alighted from the bus this evening at the nearest bus stop to my house like an hour ago and this old man beckoned on me. i went closer and greeted him. then he began, "my name is bla bla bla and the women over there (pointing at a lady standing across the gutter) is my sick wife. we came from the village to seek medical help here but after the payments we couldn't afford our fare back.......... ". i cut him short to save his breath (he seems to be speaking with the last energy left in him), gave him the 200 the bus conductor gave me as balance and walked home. My mind was telling me they are fraud but hey, it's 200 after all. plus the man speaks good English. too good an English to be a bum.

one hour later i stepped out to grab some dinner and guess who i saw walking past my house? this same jolly old fela with his supposed sick wife, walking side by side and having a huge laugh, probably because of the great sale they made today (they sell lies). i just couldn't believe this. a man old enough to be my grandpa selling lies to rip off unsuspecting good hearted samaritans.

nawao! naija hard o but this is not just it. i wanted to grab the old man and get back my money but on a second thought i decided to let sleeping dogs lie. but one thing is for sure, today marks an end of me giving alms to stranded strangers.
Re: This Is It! no More Alms To Stranded Strangers by Marinza(m): 7:17pm On Apr 13, 2016
All hustle na hustle. Sometimes it's okay to give regardless of the outcome. I think your mindset is what matters
Re: This Is It! no More Alms To Stranded Strangers by donbenedict(m): 7:18pm On Apr 13, 2016
Whatever one sows, so shall he reap.. kpomkwem
Re: This Is It! no More Alms To Stranded Strangers by umehmj(m): 7:23pm On Apr 13, 2016
Marinza:
All hustle na hustle. Sometimes it's okay to give regardless of the outcome. I think your mindset is what matters

bros which kain hustle this one be na? e no jell at all. him no get children?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is It! no More Alms To Stranded Strangers by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 11:44pm On Apr 13, 2016
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. shocked. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. shocked. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. shocked shockedshocked shocked shocked shocked
lipsrsealed
Re: This Is It! no More Alms To Stranded Strangers by Arabs999: 12:05am On Apr 14, 2016
Marinza:
...OP u are right. At least, they are not ritualists or kidnappers.
Re: This Is It! no More Alms To Stranded Strangers by pacino26(m): 12:39am On Apr 14, 2016
Usually after their stories I give them options according to their request; get into a bus and I'll pay or which hospital so I can visit there and get my friends to help. If I sense some kind of hesitation I ghost off.
Re: This Is It! no More Alms To Stranded Strangers by dotTEE007(m): 9:39am On Apr 14, 2016
lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Scam ALERT! A Must Read For Everyone. / PHOTO: Dead Body Abandoned For Days On Dawson Road, Benin / ‘we Bought Fake Naira Notes In Aba To Spend In Lagos’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.