Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos (63209 Views)

Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) / Uber Driver Robbed & Killed At ATM In Lagos (CCTV Photos) / Taxi Driver Robbed And Killed In Abuja, One Of The Robbers Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos by emefav: 5:34pm On Apr 25, 2017
A first time visitor has been left stranded in Nigeria, after a Lagos Uber driver robbed her of over N1Million. The victim, a South African who has been identified as Mongy Mathobela, wrote:

"I'm a visitor in Nigeria. I went to the bank to withdraw money in Lekki, so he saw the money that I had it in my bag.

He left me stranded on the road luckily, I had my phone on me because I
wanted to buy something on the side of the road. I even bought him food and paid him more than what he was supposed to be paid and inside my bag it was my passport and money 500k naira and $2000.

Please help me share this so that I can get my passport and go back to my country my flight is on Thursday I do not have a passport. Pls help."

In her recent tweet, she disclosed that the uber thief dropped her passport at a safe place.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/04/first-time-visitor-left-stranded-after.html

Lalasticlala

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos by thesicilian: 5:38pm On Apr 25, 2017
Some people are hell-bent on giving Nigeria a bad name.

209 Likes 9 Shares

Re: First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos by Extrazee: 5:41pm On Apr 25, 2017
This can happen in any country. The South African is crazy. How do you go to a country you haven't been to before, and withdraw that kind of money at once?
What happened to ATM cards?

158 Likes 6 Shares

Re: First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos by dingbang(m): 5:48pm On Apr 25, 2017
She get luck sef...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos by Authoreety: 5:53pm On Apr 25, 2017
Sharp guy

Enjoy ur loot joor

Any idiot quoting me here eh, thunder will fire ur generation!

Have u Eva imagined what our people go thru in d hands of ds foreigners?

Sit down dis Nd continue forming gud people! stupid fools.....

All of u DAT quoted me 2 spew trash;
I redirect ur statements 2 ur parents Nd village elders!
Ndi ala!

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos by Nne5: 5:54pm On Apr 25, 2017
Xenophobia is worse.Sorry.

121 Likes 6 Shares

Re: First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos by AkProsper(m): 10:02pm On Apr 25, 2017
Mongi In Lagos . . . . . meanwhile, check my signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 25, 2017
God help Nigeria cry

1 Like

Re: First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:05pm On Apr 25, 2017
Sorry Mongy park

2 Likes

Re: First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos by EKITI001: 10:05pm On Apr 25, 2017
CRIMINAL EVERYWHERE !!!

WATCH THIS ONE TOO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWzGnkHubHM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos by tim1256(m): 10:05pm On Apr 25, 2017
What a pity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 25, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:07pm On Apr 25, 2017
This one no follow undecided

5 Likes

Re: First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos by emeijeh(m): 10:07pm On Apr 25, 2017
Abi na payback for the xenophobic attacks?

Thank God she can now fly back on Thursday

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos by Afam4eva(m): 10:07pm On Apr 25, 2017

2 Likes

Re: First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos by Lilimax(f): 10:08pm On Apr 25, 2017
Which way Nigeria? Everything works perfectly elsewhere but when it comes to ours it's a different ball game. We are not cursed as a country. Today, most online business does not do business with Nigerians due to our dubious tendency. Abeg, shey we go blame APC or PDP for this one? undecided I've said it times without numbers that the problems of our country lies with the citizens embarassed

85 Likes 10 Shares

Re: First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos by martineverest(m): 10:08pm On Apr 25, 2017
nigerians and thievery tho.......really bad that crime is now synonymous to nigeria

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos by Dee60: 10:08pm On Apr 25, 2017
thesicilian:

Dont mind him. Who does that in any country? Leave your passport and cash in a acr and walk out? Please tell another story. Even in South Africa you wont do that? There, they may not even spare the person's life!

Nansense!

22 Likes

Re: First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos by Nobody: 10:08pm On Apr 25, 2017
emefav:
A first time visitor has been left stranded in Nigeria, after a Lagos Uber driver robbed her of over N1Million.

It seems there'll always be a few people who will want to ruin a good service.

How does Uber pick her drivers? Are there any guarantors?

Not that it would dissuade a hardened criminal, but at least it could help a bit...

P.S. But autocorrect no go kill person. At first, I wondered why he was telling her where to pick her thighs...

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos by emi14: 10:08pm On Apr 25, 2017
Extrazee:
This can happen in any country. The South African is crazy. How do you go to a country you haven't been to before, and withdraw that kind of money at once?
What happened to ATM cards?

South Africans and propaganda on issues consigning Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos by Costello559(m): 10:09pm On Apr 25, 2017
Nawa oioo... This is sad... I dy pity d man sef...

1 Like

Re: First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos by billionman: 10:09pm On Apr 25, 2017
His conscience is pricking him. Desperation and frustration could have led him to this but then there is always a morally upright way to attain your desire.

23 Likes

Re: First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos by giles14(m): 10:09pm On Apr 25, 2017
thesicilian:
dis is their way of life.
sofisicated waste.d people.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos by Goddex: 10:09pm On Apr 25, 2017
We
Re: First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos by GoldenOla(m): 10:09pm On Apr 25, 2017
Naijaaaaaaaaaa
Re: First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos by fuckumods(m): 10:09pm On Apr 25, 2017
Lies!!!

1 Like

Re: First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 10:09pm On Apr 25, 2017
Ediot saying, it's his only way out, bla bla bla

if only she had a chance, i'm sure she'll like

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos by Goldenheart(m): 10:10pm On Apr 25, 2017
cool
Re: First Time Visitor Left Stranded After This Lagos Uber Driver Robbed Her (photos by Iamsolslim(m): 10:10pm On Apr 25, 2017
eruku sole

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ghanaian Police Officer Commits Suicide After She Was Dumped By Her Fiancé / The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s / Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.