Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Travelling To Greece - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Greece (11081 Views)

Visa To Greece To Attend A Conference / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling To Greece by flysh: 2:17pm On Aug 03, 2009
HELLO NAIRALANDERS

I WANT TO TRAVEL TO GREECE TO LIVE AND ALSO WORK THERE.PLEASE I WANT TO KNOW IF ONE CAN GEENIAL JOBS THERE.I ALSO WANT TO KNOW IF THEY COUNTRY IS GOOD FOR FOREIGNERS
Re: Travelling To Greece by Rebarobyn: 2:30pm On Aug 03, 2009
Do not be deceived, there is nothing out there. To start with, a Nigerian degree is not accepted anywhere outside Nigeria. Even if you say you want to do your masters' there, you will need to pay fees and bills, you will do unimaginable jobs when you become desperate (This is why many Nigerians are involved in drugs, prostitution and scams). Greece is mainly white dominated, not too friendly to blacks, they are suspicious towards an average black man.

If you can use the "hustling spirit" you want to use in Greece here in Nigeria, I'm sure you'll break through somehow but if there is anything I'm sure of, it is the fact that life outside Nigeria is tough and rough, save your ticket money and use it to start something small in Nigeria. Be wise!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Greece by iwefactria: 5:40pm On Aug 04, 2009
Rebarobyn:

Do not be deceived, there is nothing out there. To start with, a Nigerian degree is not accepted anywhere outside Nigeria. Even if you say you want to do your masters' there, you will need to pay fees and bills, you will do unimaginable jobs when you become desperate (This is why many Nigerians are involved in drugs, prostitution and scams). Greece is mainly white dominated, not too friendly to blacks, they are suspicious towards an average black man.

If you can use the "hustling spirit" you want to use in Greece here in Nigeria, I'm sure you'll break through somehow but if there is anything I'm sure of, it is the fact that life outside Nigeria is tough and rough, save your ticket money and use it to start something small in Nigeria. Be wise!

God bless you but how many people will listen to this kind of bitter truth

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Greece by nezpablo: 5:46pm On Aug 04, 2009
Greece my foot. You dont try such adventure.you will be segregated socially,they dont like blacks.Stay black all you Naija,
Re: Travelling To Greece by mamag3: 6:11pm On Aug 04, 2009
I don't dream of going to Greece so I wouldn't know.
Re: Travelling To Greece by janykute: 4:34am On Aug 05, 2009
Going to Greece for Holiday,it is the best place you can ever think of,their good weather, and nice beaches Greeks people are really friendly but going there to work forget about that unless you can secure a job in our embassy there, apart from that there is no work for you in Greece.Most Greeks are scattered in Europe,Australia and Canada hustling.
Re: Travelling To Greece by mikkyangel(m): 6:15am On Aug 05, 2009
flytech,
abeg try listen to dem advise b4 u mk ur move, europe is congested, u maybe be going on a suicide mission if really u want to go work in Greece, for my money,i only got 3 countries i could move to for work, CANADA;USA AND AUSTRALIA;anyting outside theses 3, u better of in nigeria,

i liv in Poland and i know how hard Nigerians try to survive there, the situation is bad!
Re: Travelling To Greece by radiovibe: 5:19am On Aug 13, 2009
I live in Greece. Being here for over 3  years. My best advice, DON'T COME.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Greece by Vicjustice: 12:29pm On Aug 13, 2009
Klick this link below and get some information about Greece and some other important countries:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-94557.0.html
Re: Travelling To Greece by iyeayo(f): 1:36am On Aug 18, 2009
Rebarobyn:

Do not be deceived, there is nothing out there. To start with, a Nigerian degree is not accepted anywhere outside Nigeria.

this statement is not true. It all depends on how you present yourself and what skills you have. I hold an HND and a PGD in Computer science both from Nigeria and I got a job within my first month of arriving in Australia in a Senior IT role. I owe it to a well written CV and cover letter and good interview preparation.

This may not be the case for a place like Greece, but there are opportunities for skilled people in some other good countries like Canada, Australia etc. Pls don't generalise.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Greece by Rebarobyn: 7:26am On Aug 18, 2009
iyeayo:

this statement is not true. It all depends on how you present yourself and what skills you have. I hold an HND and a PGD in Computer science both from Nigeria and I got a job within my first month of arriving in Australia in a Senior IT role. I owe it to a well written CV and cover letter and good interview preparation.

This may not be the case for a place like Greece, but there are opportunities for skilled people in some other good countries like Canada, Australia etc. Pls don't generalise.

Your case is like 1 in 10million and you yourself will agree that its never that easy for most people. So please don't encourage him to go into that uncertainty. did you go to Australia recently or a while back? because I know quite a few people who were living in Australia and have gone back to stay in Nigeria. btw, I hear most Australians are racist, is it true?

@Poster- I still urge you to stay in Nigeria or at most, apply for jobs in Greece (or Australia) online and if you get an offer you can go but if you don't, save your airfare!
Re: Travelling To Greece by iyeayo(f): 1:14pm On Aug 18, 2009
Rebarobyn:

Your case is like 1 in 10million and you yourself will agree that its never that easy for most people. So please don't encourage him to go into that uncertainty. did you go to Australia recently or a while back? because I know quite a few people who were living in Australia and have gone back to stay in Nigeria. btw, I hear most Australians are racist, is it true?

@Poster- I still urge you to stay in Nigeria or at most, apply for jobs in Greece (or Australia) online and if you get an offer you can go but if you don't, save your airfare!

While I am not encouraging the poster to go to Greece for greener pastures, if he's got the skills needed in other developed countries like Australia or Canada he may want to give it a go. I came to Australia in 2006 on a Permanent resident visa which will allow me to work and live here without hassles, most people I know are doing very well, I dont know anyone who came legitimately and went back to Nigeria for ill-reasons. Maybe those you are referring to came here on visiting visa and tried to stay back, my dear, Australia is very strict in that wise, its not like UK or US.

My dear, racism is everywhere. Even in Naija, you fellow co-worker at work is always trying to bring you down. Your own blood could turn to be your enemy. I have never experienced any form of racism because I dont put myself in that position. I deal with these oyinbos as if they are lucky to have me and its true. There is a very strong and powerful law against racism in Australia.

Poster pls dont leave the comfort of home to go and suffer in Greece. Its not worth it. Even those born in Greece are finding their way out. A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Greece by yankeeboys: 10:04pm On Sep 04, 2009
Thanks for your encouraging reply. Many pple are very stupid they just post non sense about australia dey dont know.
Pple like that should go and die !
I will like to have your e-mail iyeayo. you can call me 08032087360 or mail me bodmasade@yahoo.co.uk.
Racism is every where even in Nigeria.
Australia is now having the best economy in the world you can place it on google and write the economy of Australia in 2009
Re: Travelling To Greece by Rebarobyn: 10:08pm On Sep 04, 2009
yankeeboy$:

Racism is every where even in Nigeria.

really? lol grin, so who are the blacks and who are the whites in Nigeria? lwkmd

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Greece by meetyommy: 1:38pm On Sep 06, 2009
I have a Brother in Greece and he has been there for 22 years, schooled and got married there.He is my blood brother yet i havent visited that place, He lives in Greee but works as a consultant in Greece and Neigbour countries, Greeks are best defined as racist, there are few who are nice, very few.He is surving there only becos hes married to a white that comes from a well to do family, Greece used to be a very nice place but not anymore, if you want to know why, then ask your fellow Nigerians who have successfully bastardized the image of this country abroad, Now the only safe place is home,
My advice for you is stay home and try to do what you have to here, the chances are much better,
No more excuses,
Re: Travelling To Greece by MrCrackles(m): 1:40pm On Sep 06, 2009
flysh:

HELLO NAIRALANDERS
I WANT TO TRAVEL TO GREECE TO LIVE AND ALSO WORK THERE.PLEASE I WANT TO KNOW IF ONE CAN GEENIAL JOBS THERE.I ALSO WANT TO KNOW IF THEY COUNTRY IS GOOD FOR FOREIGNERS
Stay in your country, it is not by force!
Re: Travelling To Greece by Adaba2015(m): 1:45pm On Mar 17, 2020
radiovibe:
I live in Greece. Being here for over 3  years. My best advice, DON'T COME.
Why didn't you leave there?

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Greece by uthlaw: 2:34pm On Mar 17, 2020
Racist is better than the way we treat ourselves!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Greece by TGod01: 9:43am On Jan 30, 2023
You are there for 3years and advising someone not to come, then why are u still there?

(1) (Reply)

20 Pictures That Are Too Real For Any Nigerian That Has Ever Been Denied Visa / Agencies Buy Air Ticket Abroad For Intending Travellers Due To Dollar Scarcity / Pls How Can I Get Work Permit From Nigeria To USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.