Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,520 members, 7,843,596 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! (12110 Views)

FFK Reacts To Rescue Of Yobe School Girls, Calls It ”another Fat Lie” / Whatever Happened To The Big Fat Lie That Osun Is The Richest State In Nigeria? / The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by Emekamex(m): 8:50am On Apr 14, 2016
I will be seriously disappointed if after the project is approved amid all these controversies and the government fails to complete it or abandon it as other numerous proposals (2nd Niger Bridge is a case study)
Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by TheArchangel(f): 8:52am On Apr 14, 2016
obailala:
What do you mean by 'only the southernmost tip of aba'?.... was the rail suppose to turn around aba township like an intracity metro before you agree it has gone through Aba?.... What sort of odious reasoning is this?.... Since GEJ lost this election, what sort of affliction have befallen Igbo youths?.... okay just like the poster above asked, did you wail over this project when GEJ was in power?... cos the plans for this project have been around for over 10 years.
You are devoid of sound reasoning. Every argument has to be turned into party affiliations. Why don't we have a rail line that will encompass and transverse the SE included in that damn budget? That spurs you keep yapping about that will connect Onitsha , why did it double back instead of meeting the coastal line at Aba through Nnewi and Owerri? We are talking about change here, interjecting Jonathan on every discussions shows how low and unreasonable you are. This is something that should've been thought through by a reasonable government who entered through a change mantra if equality and fairness should be maintained.
Stop defending the indefensible. It is very corrosive to the ears.
What are you on about? Why are you so rabid and always hyperventilating when Igbo's and SE are mentioned?
You haven't seen anything, the wailing have just started and you will continue to defend. Better on the offensive than defensive.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by asha80(m): 8:54am On Apr 14, 2016
TheArchangel:
Your guy Obalaila is saying it has spurs at Onitsha ... cry cry. None of you has concrete evidence on the things you are defending. So pathetic.
just wasted my time on a knuckle head if you cant see ccecc the construction company in charge of building that project is the one that produced the map(check the down right hand corner of the pic for verification)

Obailala I actually think that my map is the actual map..i am not sure what amaechi was defending there when he mentioned Onitsha unless he was talking general railway master plan as it is supposed to be like the benin-agbor-asaba-Onitsha -enugu-abakiliki or the detour onitsha-nnewi-owerri-aba corridors...these routes have not been awarded or discussed

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by Ebukaobi: 8:58am On Apr 14, 2016
You are IPOB

What is your business with issues in Nigeria?

Go and concentrate on your Biafrat dreams and let us focus on Nigeria Biko

uduak2016:

I opened this thread for people like you and many others so they can know what's going on....there are no stop stations in SE. Absolutely none in Onitsha...it's a lie. If I haven't opened this thread, they will telling us that it goes to Onitsha! The claim of Aba is also a carefully packaged lie...it cuts across Abia on the border with Akwa Ibom some where in the jungle not necessarily in Aba!

9 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by TheArchangel(f): 8:58am On Apr 14, 2016
Goke7:

you guys keep using the excuse of sea port just to jettison the rail project, the issue of sea port is a different thing altogether, why not demand for rail and sea port together, does it make sense to refuse a house in Ikeja for a house in lekki when you can have both of them?
We have been demanding and what do we get in return. The situation is really unfair.
We need a deep seaport, railroad that will transverse the SE, a river port along the Niger river, construction of Enugu-Onitsha road, Ibaka seaport, Enugu-PH road, Nnewi-Owerri road, second Niger bridge and many !ore. Other regions can list theirs too.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by TheArchangel(f): 9:02am On Apr 14, 2016
asha80:
just wasted my time on a knuckle head if you cant see ccecc the construction company in charge of building that project is the one that produced the map(check the down right hand corner of the pic for verification)

Obailala I actually think that my map is the actual map..i am not sure what amaechi was defending there when he mentioned Onitsha unless he was talking general railway master plan as it is supposed to be like the benin-agbor-asaba-Onitsha -enugu-abakiliki or the detour onitsha-nnewi-owerri-aba corridors...these routes have not been awarded or discussed
You called me a knucklehead when it is obvious you are the knuckle head. Your political master is saying something else and you are defending something else. Are you appealing to him or what. Smh.
I do not want to be scam in believing that the coastal rail line will cross Onitsha as it is being bandied about.
The map you posted is believable but the one Obalaila is yapping about is total hogwash and he knew it, I knew it and you knew it.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by kenny987(f): 9:18am On Apr 14, 2016
Goke7:

so it must pass through 10 towns in the SE before we can believe there is no marginalization, like I said earlier in one of my posts, if am PMB, I won't bother any longer cos nothing seem to please you guys after all even your lawmakers don't care either.

Yes! That is only fair. If things are to be done they should be done right!

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by obailala(m): 9:49am On Apr 14, 2016
TheArchangel:
You are devoid of sound reasoning. Every argument has to be turned into party affiliations. Why don't we have a rail line that will encompass and transverse the SE included in that damn budget? That spurs you keep yapping about that will connect Onitsha , why did it double back instead of meeting the coastal line at Aba through Nnewi and Owerri? We are talking about change here, interjecting Jonathan on every discussions shows how low and unreasonable you are. This is something that should've been thought through by a reasonable government who entered through a change mantra if equality and fairness should be maintained.
Stop defending the indefensible. It is very corrosive to the ears.
What are you on about? Why are you so rabid and always hyperventilating when Igbo's and SE are mentioned?
You haven't seen anything, the wailing have just started and you will continue to defend. Better on the offensive than defensive.
Well, sorry, you can't have it all. Everybody would like a rail line to pass their door-mouth and in fact, have a station right outside their gates. But that is impossible, the rail connectivity project must start from somewhere and the phase we are in right now is the Lagos-Kano and Lagos-Calabar lines. Obasanjo did the Ajaokuta-Warri standard gauge line, GEJ did the Abuja-Kaduna standard gauge line, Buhari hopes to start the Lagos-Calabar and Lagos-Kano standard gauge line. I see nothing wrong with the plan and I know one day, it will get to every major city of Nigeria. The last time I checked, Buhari is the president of Nigeria and not you so you have no right to tell him what to do or how he will do it (Besides, this is just fulfilling a rail modernisation master-plan which has been in existence since OBJ's first tenure so it is not even Buhari's plan).

Now to get your exact point, are you suggesting that the present Lagos-Calabar line plan be scrapped because it passes more SS cities than SE cities?.... Are you by any chance suggesting that the SS people are irrelevant and don't deserve a robust high speed rail system in their domain or are you suggesting that the SS doesn't deserve a modern rail system until after a rail has been passed through every major city in the SE?.... Is this just a case of diabolic self-centredness or is this just a case of you wailing and protesting because you feel you have a duty to oppose any and everything Buhari proposes?

8 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by obailala(m): 9:59am On Apr 14, 2016
TheArchangel:
You called me a knucklehead when it is obvious you are the knuckle head. Your political master is saying something else and you are defending something else. Are you appealing to him or what. Smh.
I do not want to be scam in believing that the coastal rail line will cross Onitsha as it is being bandied about.
The map you posted is believable but the one Obalaila is yapping about is total hogwash and he knew it, I knew it and you knew it.
TheArchangel:
Your guy Obalaila is saying it has spurs at Onitsha ... cry cry. None of you has concrete evidence on the things you are defending. So pathetic.
asha80:

My bad, I didn't see the map posted earlier, I was only quoting the statement by the minister for transport at 05:20min in the video below where he stated there would be a spur from Benin-Onitsha. But come to think of it, why should I even believe a map (which is probably old) over a most recent statement by the minister?... Even if the rail crosses only Aba, @TheArchangel, are you suggesting that the SS (which feeds the entire nation) doesn't deserve a modern rail system traversing its domain because no modern rail has passed through several SE cities?... You need to grow up and stop being self-centred.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KE2XYj9Id4

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by OfoIgbo: 10:02am On Apr 14, 2016
naijapips02:
all these noise because it's not going to pass through anambra.... Lol.

Anambra has two of the most promising manufacturing bases in the country, yet a rail project that is meant to enhance the economic wellbeing of the country has been wickedly made not to traverse Onitsha and Nnewi and you hope Igbos will support a project that won't benefit them at all.

Igbo politicians should instead be backing the establishment of seaports in the SS and Obuaku.

This Calabar-Lagos rail project effectively castrates both the SS and SE, as exportation of goods will only be through Lagos, thus shackling the two southern regions to the whims of Oba Akiolu et al.

This rail project also forces eastern businessmen from establishing businesses in Igboland, thus destroying the industrialisation plans meant for the SE.

It must be opposed. The SS will derive more benefit from seaports in terms of finances accruable to host state governments from shipping activities than from mere tracks meant to tie the eastern economic fortunes to the west.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by obailala(m): 10:08am On Apr 14, 2016
OfoIgbo:

Anambra has two of the most promising manufacturing bases in the country, yet a rail project that is meant to enhance the economic wellbeing of the country has been wickedly made not to traverse Onitsha and Nnewi and you hope Igbos will support a project that won't benefit them at all.

Igbo politicians should instead be backing the establishment of seaports in the SS and Obuaku.

This Calabar-Lagos rail project effectively castrates both the SS and SE, as exportation of goods will only be through Lagos, thus shackling the two southern regions to the whims of Oba Akiolu et al.

This rail project also forces eastern businessmen from establishing businesses in Igboland, thus destroying the industrialisation plans meant for the SE.

It must be opposed. The SS will derive more benefit from seaports in terms of finances accruable to host state governments from shipping activities than from mere tracks meant to tie the eastern economic fortunes to the west.
Okay, this coastal rail project benefits the SS more than the SE so the entire opposition of ipob youths for this project is beginning to make sense. You don't give a damn if it benefits the SS, and you don't give a damn if part of the future plans is to have a spur from benin to onitsha, the project must not continue as long as it benefits the SS (which feeds the nation) more than the SE, bravo!!!. But I wonder how your online opposition will stop the SS from benefitting from this if it comes to pass.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 14, 2016
obailala:
Okay, this coastal rail project benefits the SS more than the SE so the entire opposition of ipob youths for this project is beginning to make sense. You don't give a damn if it benefits the SS, and you don't give a damn if part of the future plans is to have a spur from benin to onitsha, the project must not continue as long as it benefits the SS (which feeds the nation) more than the SE, bravo!!!. But I wonder how your online opposition will stop the SS from benefitting from this if it comes to pass.

My dear, am from the Niger Delta. Our priority now is a deep seaport so that we can emancipate our people from poverty. A seaport will create thousands of jobs and will spur the growth of businesses. Not that I oppose the rail line, but it is NOT an urgent need. How many jobs will it create? And please stop making it look like the igbos oppose the project that will benefit the SS, because in reality; the project only benefits the SW.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by seunajia: 10:20am On Apr 14, 2016
Honestly, these iPod guys are totally irredeemable! This is not "ordinary eyes" o. These guys here are actually saying no to development! Wow wow.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by LMFashions: 10:23am On Apr 14, 2016
obailala:
Everything in Nigeria is turned to foolish politics and every emeka, tunde and yusuf myopically becomes a political theorist, albeit dumb ones. What have Nigerian youths been turned into for Christ sake? How did the minds of Nigerian youths get so depraved to even think in this manner?... For all those in this thread saying they do not want a high speed rail, you guys should kindly speak for daft selves; there are many who need it.

Op, the proposed rail passes through the entire SS region and it passes the SE city of Aba before getting to PH. There is also a spur from benin to Asaba and Onitsha. Quit playing dumb politics with everything.

I dey watch u
Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by PRXPERT: 10:36am On Apr 14, 2016
Realman87:

My dear, am from the Niger Delta. Our priority now is a deep seaport so that we can emancipate our people from poverty. A seaport will create thousands of jobs and will spur the growth of businesses. Not that I oppose the rail line, but it is NOT an urgent need. How many jobs will it create? And please stop making it look like the igbos oppose the project that will benefit the SS, because in reality; the project only benefits the SW.
Good response! now people are reasoning!!! This is pure economic politics!!!I'm so happy that our people are waking up.. we see through these hypocrites that are rambling up and down..

5 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by PRXPERT: 10:37am On Apr 14, 2016
seunajia:
Honestly, these iPod guys are totally irredeemable! This is not "ordinary eyes" o. These guys here are actually saying no to development! Wow wow.
No they are becoming smarter by the day! they're exposing your tricks! that's why you hate them!! you want them to continue to import through lagos...

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by TheArchangel(f): 10:44am On Apr 14, 2016
obailala:
My bad, I didn't see the map posted earlier, I was only quoting the statement by the minister for transport at 05:20min in the video below where he stated there would be a spur from Benin-Onitsha. But come to think of it, why should I even believe a map (which is probably old) over a most recent statement by the minister?... Even if the rail crosses only Aba, @TheArchangel, are you suggesting that the SS (which feeds the entire nation) doesn't deserve a modern rail system traversing its domain because no modern rail has passed through several SE cities?... You need to grow up and stop being self-centred.

No I am not suggesting that please, they deserve it and much more. People has been insinuating how it crosses the whole length and breadth of SE and even going to extent of claiming how specifically S Easterners and their senators are opposing it.
I am self-centered the same way every other regions are, check the chairman of appropriation committee that allocated 4.1b to his constituency.

And listen here sir, if you have any connection in any of the federal clinics, hospitals or the likes PLEase just get me a job. Thanks. undecided embarassed
Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by TheArchangel(f): 10:50am On Apr 14, 2016
obailala:
Well, sorry, you can't have it all. Everybody would like a rail line to pass their door-mouth and in fact, have a station right outside their gates. But that is impossible, the rail connectivity project must start from somewhere and the phase we are in right now is the Lagos-Kano and Lagos-Calabar lines. Obasanjo did the Ajaokuta-Warri standard gauge line, GEJ did the Abuja-Kaduna standard gauge line, Buhari hopes to start the Lagos-Calabar and Lagos-Kano standard gauge line. I see nothing wrong with the plan and I know one day, it will get to every major city of Nigeria. The last time I checked, Buhari is the president of Nigeria and not you so you have no right to tell him what to do or how he will do it (Besides, this is just fulfilling a rail modernisation master-plan which has been in existence since OBJ's first tenure so it is not even Buhari's plan).

Now to get your exact point, are you suggesting that the present Lagos-Calabar line plan be scrapped because it passes more SS cities than SE cities?.... Are you by any chance suggesting that the SS people are irrelevant and don't deserve a robust high speed rail system in their domain or are you suggesting that the SS doesn't deserve a modern rail system until after a rail has been passed through every major city in the SE?.... Is this just a case of diabolic self-centredness or is this just a case of you wailing and protesting because you feel you have a duty to oppose any and everything Buhari proposes?
You've started interjecting and insinuating. Very divisive second paragraph you have there. Diabolic self centeredness ...haha cry what will you call the floating billions that they were trying to merge to Lagos-Kano rail to the detriment of Lagos -Calabar rail.
I rapu isi ji I na ama mbazu na ala.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by kayfra: 11:23am On Apr 14, 2016
uduak2016:
I have seen numerous doctored drawing of the Lagos-Calabar Rail route supposedly crossing into SE...THIS IS A LIE! SW people are employing this shenanigan to resurrect the project by deceiving SE people that the Rail will cross into SE..precisely at Onitsha! This is a fathom Lie! I'm getting accurate information from someone at the National Assembly that the real reason why they excise the project from the primary budget is...MARGINALIZED SE; WILL NOT CROSS INTO SE. Indirectly speaking, when you marginalized SE, you marginalize SS economically as both regions trade more compared to other regions. So rather, they moved to Supplementary Budget...explanation below!

You people have to understand how Federal Budget works...Every region has a stipulated amount cap they can submit in the budget; If SS primarily and SE did allow this project into the main budget, then SS will be short-changed heavily... why? Because 80 Billion Naira cost; China footing 20 billion naira actually, if apportioned between SW and SS is a huge cost for SS... when compared to SW, where Federal Budget for Lagos only is total of all SS; The senators having done their cost-benefit analysis of the project for SE and SS, came to the conclusion that it wasn't feasible and will not be beneficial to SE and SS. So rather than have the project in the main budget which will mean removing critical, life-changing projects in SS in order to accommodate it, they agreed and chose to move it to the supplemental budget at no cost to SS, where the president by discretion/executive leverage chooses projects to fund with federal funds...more like earmarked funds! The question now becomes...Will Buhari include the project in his supplementary budget? I doubt because he would have to remove 80 billon naira worth of projects in the North for his people to include it because he has a cap too...that's what SS and SE senators want him to do...Lol! Smart game by Eastern senators as it would be a win-win for the region! Even Ameachi consented to this by moving it to the supplemental!

To SW people...stop selling lies to us. Please stop! The project wasn't removed as has been circulating online with deceptive doctored route into SE but rather was moved from main budget to supplementary. We are not against the project, we...SW, SS and SE all want the project but has to be funded via supplementary budget only in order not to bankrupt SS...SE is just looking after SS!

Below is the actual image of the Lagos-Calabar Rail route by the Nigeria Coastal Railway...as you can see, it doesn't cross into SE as they are claiming. Their intent behind this deceptive, doctored supposed rail crossing into SE...is to deceive SE to support the project! Our SE and SS senators are not stu$pid...they analyzed the project critically on its benefits to SE and SS. None for now to have it in the main budget!

Ladies and gentlemen. Don't be as daft as the OP.

Don't cut your nose to spite your face.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by obailala(m): 11:25am On Apr 14, 2016
Realman87:

It is this bit of the reasoning that completely dumbfounds me. Kindly tell me how a rail line going from Calabar-Uyo-IkotEkpene-Aba-PH-Yenagua-Ughelli-Warri-Sapele-Benin-Lagos will benefit the SW more than the people of the SS and SE?... This reasoning is equivalent to saying the East-West road or the Onitsha-Benin-Lagos road benefits or is used more by SW people than the SS and SE. Is there really any written rule somewhere that says Nigerians must try to tribalise everything because we mostly end up making a mockery of ourselves in the process?

Nobody argues that a seaport isn't useful, but just like the seaport, the importance of a modernised rail transport system can never be downplayed; there is a reason why a robust modern rail system is a typical feature in developed economies.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by NwabekeyiSimeon: 11:36am On Apr 14, 2016
Some people are truly cursed, envy and hatred has make them insane. Cutting your nose to spite your face. Smh

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by obailala(m): 11:47am On Apr 14, 2016
TheArchangel:
You've started interjecting and insinuating. Very divisive second paragraph you have there. Diabolic self centeredness ...haha cry what will you call the floating billions that they were trying to merge to Lagos-Kano rail to the detriment of Lagos -Calabar rail.
I rapu isi ji I na ama mbazu na ala.
That is exactly my point, I am shell shocked at the reactions of 'some' people who claim to be from the SE and SS and who claim to be defending the interests of the zones since this saga broke. I am very much opposed to the fact that the coastal rail project is being jeopardised and the funds diverted to the Lagos-Kano rail. I expected people of the SE and SS to naturally fight for this injustice to be immediately reversed, and the budget for the coastal rail returned. But that obviously is not the case, most have turned it into a Yoruba vs Igbo tribal war and I am greatly shocked at the reactions I have seen so far which drives me to wonder how any normal human would chose to cut their head off to spite their nose.

If the project funds were diverted to fund seaports or other viable projects in the regions, then it is understandable, but for crying out loud, the funds were diverted to the Lagos-Kano line and some silly constituency projects in the north. My dear, the proverb you dropped is more suited for you and your colleagues who aren't speaking in favour of the reversal of this mess.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by scorpio2013: 12:03pm On Apr 14, 2016
Come to think of it, what is the volume of trade or even human traffic between south south and south west.What can you take from Calabar to south west to justfy this project?quote author=uduak2016 post=44681147]I have seen numerous doctored drawing of the Lagos-Calabar Rail route supposedly crossing into SE...THIS IS A LIE! SW people are employing this shenanigan to resurrect the project by deceiving SE people that the Rail will cross into SE..precisely at Onitsha! This is a fathom Lie! I'm getting accurate information from someone at the National Assembly that the real reason why they excise the project from the primary budget is...MARGINALIZED SE; WILL NOT CROSS INTO SE. Indirectly speaking, when you marginalized SE, you marginalize SS economically as both regions trade more compared to other regions. So rather, they moved to Supplementary Budget...explanation below!

You people have to understand how Federal Budget works...Every region has a stipulated amount cap they can submit in the budget; If SS primarily and SE did allow this project into the main budget, then SS will be short-changed heavily... why? Because 80 Billion Naira cost; China footing 20 billion naira actually, if apportioned between SW and SS is a huge cost for SS... when compared to SW, where Federal Budget for Lagos only is total of all SS; The senators having done their cost-benefit analysis of the project for SE and SS, came to the conclusion that it wasn't feasible and will not be beneficial to SE and SS. So rather than have the project in the main budget which will mean removing critical, life-changing projects in SS in order to accommodate it, they agreed and chose to move it to the supplemental budget at no cost to SS, where the president by discretion/executive leverage chooses projects to fund with federal funds...more like earmarked funds! The question now becomes...Will Buhari include the project in his supplementary budget? I doubt because he would have to remove 80 billon naira worth of projects in the North for his people to include it because he has a cap too...that's what SS and SE senators want him to do...Lol! Smart game by Eastern senators as it would be a win-win for the region! Even Ameachi consented to this by moving it to the supplemental!

To SW people...stop selling lies to us. Please stop! The project wasn't removed as has been circulating online with deceptive doctored route into SE but rather was moved from main budget to supplementary. We are not against the project, we...SW, SS and SE all want the project but has to be funded via supplementary budget only in order not to bankrupt SS...SE is just looking after SS!

Below is the actual image of the Lagos-Calabar Rail route by the Nigeria Coastal Railway...as you can see, it doesn't cross into SE as they are claiming. Their intent behind this deceptive, doctored supposed rail crossing into SE...is to deceive SE to support the project! Our SE and SS senators are not stu$pid...they analyzed the project critically on its benefits to SE and SS. None for now to have it in the main budget!

[/quote]
Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by TheArchangel(f): 12:13pm On Apr 14, 2016
obailala:
That is exactly my point, I am shell shocked at the reactions of 'some' people who claim to be from the SE and SS and who claim to be defending the interests of the zones since this saga broke. I am very much opposed to the fact that the coastal rail project is being jeopardised and the funds diverted to the Lagos-Kano rail. I expected people of the SE and SS to naturally fight for this injustice to be immediately reversed, and the budget for the coastal rail returned. But that obviously is not the case, most have turned it into a Yoruba vs Igbo tribal war and I am greatly shocked at the reactions I have seen so far which drives me to wonder how any normal human would chose to cut their head off to spite their nose.

If the project funds were diverted to fund seaports or other viable projects in the regions, then it is understandable, but for crying out loud, the funds were diverted to the Lagos-Kano line and some silly constituency projects in the north. My dear, the proverb you dropped is more suited for you and your colleagues who aren't speaking in favour of the reversal of this mess.
Do not behave as if didn't see my appeal for job somewhere. The long epistles can wait when I get the job.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by TheArchangel(f): 12:14pm On Apr 14, 2016
obailala:

Do not behave as if you didn't see my appeal for job somewhere. The long epistles can wait when I get the job.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by raumdeuter: 12:42pm On Apr 14, 2016
Since the rail doesn't pass through Oyo Osun and Ekiti states, senators from those places too should oppose it

In 20yrs time buhari would be gone amaechi would be gone probably there would be no PDP or apc. Then your children would ask why there's a rail to kano but none to Calabar

6 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by obailala(m): 12:49pm On Apr 14, 2016
TheArchangel:

Do not behave as if didn't see my appeal for job somewhere. The long epistles can wait when I get the job.
My dear, silver nor gold nor job links, I have none. But all I can do is to wish you good luck and also tell you that it will not be long before you get the right job which you could never dream about. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by JuliettaBitch(f): 1:12pm On Apr 14, 2016
God bless th Op for this!

Ndi ofe mmanu, una see una life?
Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by seunajia: 1:12pm On Apr 14, 2016
PRXPERT:

No they are becoming smarter by the day! they're exposing your tricks! that's why you hate them!! you want them to continue to import through lagos...

You mad bro?

A rail line that'd transverse the length and integrate southern Nigeria is a trick. Come, dem dey follow you? grin

Do you know the impact of having train stations/stops in towns? Tourism, agriculture, human transport?

You know what, don't bother. Contunu, you're doing yasef.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by kayfra: 1:35pm On Apr 14, 2016
JuliettaBitch:
God bless th Op for this!

Ndi ofe mmanu, una see una life?

Smh. How humans can't use their God given organs amaze me. The brain is meant for thinking and I am sure you have the capacity to think. Think!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by PRXPERT: 2:36pm On Apr 14, 2016
seunajia:

You mad bro?

A rail line that'd transverse the length and integrate southern Nigeria is a trick. Come, dem dey follow you? grin

Do you know the impact of having train stations/stops in towns? Tourism, agriculture, human transport?

You know what, don't bother. Contunu, you're doing yasef.
I think the meme should be for you! The project will make south south a consuming region!!! I know what I'm saying!!! for example, go to any shop in bayelsa! 80percent of the contents are either foreign or from lagos, then this time around, it will be 100percent! this will kill every indigenous company in bayelsa.. we Igbos reason with our innermost brain that is designated for business, that's why we are seeing through this joke of a project... it were Abakaliki enugu onitsha Asaba akure sagamu lagos, we will still oppose it.... we know what you are capable of doing...

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Supposed Rail Route Crossing Into SE Is A FAT LIE!!! by kayfra: 2:41pm On Apr 14, 2016
PRXPERT:
I think the meme should be for you! The project will make south south a consuming region!!! I know what I'm saying!!! for example, go to any shop in bayelsa! 80percent of the contents are either foreign or from lagos, then this time around, it will be 100percent! this will kill every indigenous company in bayelsa.. we Igbos reason with our innermost brain that is designated for business, that's why we are seeing through this joke of a project... it were Abakaliki enugu onitsha Asaba akure sagamu lagos, we will still oppose it.... we know what you are capable of doing...

Fresh fish caught in Bayelsa will be available for sale in Lagos in 3 hours.

Containers of "stuff" from Aba will be available for sale and export in Lagos within a few hours.

Having a brain is not a luxury. Use yours.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Underage Voters And Their Sponsors Will Be Arrested, Says INEC / Power Grid Records First Collapse In February / Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.