Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,930 members, 7,828,241 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Buhari Promises China Speedy Completion Of Mambilla Power Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Promises China Speedy Completion Of Mambilla Power Project (1069 Views)

Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project / President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent / FG Wants Speedy Completion Of Mambilla Power Project – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Buhari Promises China Speedy Completion Of Mambilla Power Project by EnergyWA: 4:29am On Apr 14, 2016
In 2013, The 4,000 MW Mambilla power project was cancelled because Nigeria could not meet up with their end of the Agreement. This project was first conceived in the early 80s. The renegotiation of the contract is an important step to boosting power generation.

Buhari Promises China Speedy Completion Of Mambilla Power Projec

Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari, has pledged his government’s commitment to honouring all agreements concluded between Nigeria and China especially on power project.

President Buhari gave the assurance in Beijing on Wednesday at a meeting with the Premier of the State Council of the Peoples Republic of China, Mr Li Keqiang.

He said that his administration would conclude all power projects agreed with provious administrations, including the 4,000 megawatts Mambilla Hydro-Electric Power Project.

President Buhari regretted the failure of past governments to meet Nigeria’s obligations in joint projects with China.

A statement by a spokesman for the President, Garba Shehu, said the President told the Chinese Premier that his administration was committed to completing the projects, in the shortest possible time, to ensure that the joint power, rail, road and aviation projects directly and quickly improve the lives of Nigerians.

President Buhari said that he was particularly keen on actualising the Mambilla Power Project because of its huge potential to boost employment and national economic growth.

The Chinese Premier commended ongoing efforts by the Buhari Administration to improve Nigeria’s infrastructure.

He assured the President that China was ready to work with his administration to complete all joint projects, including the Mambilla Power Project.

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/04/13/buhari-promises-china-speedy-completion-mambilla-power-project/

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Promises China Speedy Completion Of Mambilla Power Project by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:29am On Apr 14, 2016
Another promise on a foreign soil? Is it not time somebody remind this man that he's no longer campaigning?

He said that his administration would conclude all power projects agreed with provious administrations, including the 4,000 megawatts Mambilla Hydro-Electric Power Project.
Tell that to Zombies, because the last time I checked the 1 GEJ handed over to you was dropping like Naira. Courtesy of Mr. 24hrs Power Supply Is Not A Rocket Science in the person of Babatunde Fashola a.k.a "Minister Of Darkness..

President Buhari regretted the failure of past governments to meet Nigeria’s obligations in joint projects with China.
Thank God this time around everyone is getting the blame including Him(Buhari) as the former head of state..

Buhari= Ineptitude & Incompetence

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Promises China Speedy Completion Of Mambilla Power Project by chiefolododo(m): 4:37am On Apr 14, 2016
Buhari promises China daily supply of MARIJUANA
Re: Buhari Promises China Speedy Completion Of Mambilla Power Project by EnergyWA: 4:59am On Apr 14, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Another promise on a foreign soil? Is it not time somebody remind this man that he's no longer campaigning?

Tell that to Zombies, because the last time I checked the 1 GEJ handed over to you was dropping like Naira. Courtesy of Mr. 24hrs Power Supply Is Not A Rocket Science in the person of Babatunde Fashola..

Thank God this time around he didn't blame only GEJ..

Buhari= Ineptitude & Incompetence

For most of GEJ regime, power was not better than now. You need to get over this GEj obsession.

The renegotiation of this contract is good news.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Promises China Speedy Completion Of Mambilla Power Project by bravetentewa(m): 5:04am On Apr 14, 2016
Okk
Re: Buhari Promises China Speedy Completion Of Mambilla Power Project by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:05am On Apr 14, 2016
EnergyWA:

For most of GEJ regime, power was not better than now. You need to get over this GEj obsession.

The renegotiation of this contract is good news.
please mr. Buhari lover, but GEJ managed to garner 4000megawatts or so and PMD managed to make it drop like Naira. Can you tell us about that?? #shalom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Promises China Speedy Completion Of Mambilla Power Project by EnergyWA: 5:12am On Apr 14, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
please mr. Buhari lover, but GEJ managed to garner 4000megawatts or so and PMD managed to make it drop like Naira. Can you tell us about that?? #shalom

Actually, Buhari on average has had better power supply. And was able to hit 5,000Mw beating the previous record of 4,500MW.

For most of 2014- early 2015, we struggled to maintain 2,500 MW-3000MW.

I know, because i actually keep track of these things.

Before the crash of Forcados gas supply, Nigeria had maintained an average of above 4,000MW. And once the repairs are finished, power will improve.

GEJ is not president anymore, get over it.

I am not a 'Buhari lover' but comments like yours show that you know little or nothing about the power sector.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Promises China Speedy Completion Of Mambilla Power Project by xelly: 5:23am On Apr 14, 2016
EnergyWA:

Actually, Buhari on average has had better power supply. And was able to hit 5,000Mw beating the previous record of 4,500MW.

For most of 2014- early 2015, we struggled to maintain 2,500 MW-3000MW.

I know, because i actually keep track of these things.

Before the crash of Forcados gas supply, Nigeria had maintained an average of above 4,000MW. And once the repairs are finished, power will improve.

GEJ is not president anymore, get over it.

I am not a 'Buhari lover' but comments like yours show that you know little or nothing about the power sector.

How did he do that? By introducing new power generating plant early 2015?
Re: Buhari Promises China Speedy Completion Of Mambilla Power Project by EnergyWA: 5:26am On Apr 14, 2016
xelly:

How did he do that? By introducing new power generating plant early 2015?

Gas supply improved...

Nigeria has a generation capacity of 7,000MW but does not have the capacity to supply gas reliably to all plants. The singular reason for improved power during Buhari's early months was improved gas supply.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Promises China Speedy Completion Of Mambilla Power Project by thesicilian: 5:27am On Apr 14, 2016
What does speedy completion mean? Did he give any deadline?
Re: Buhari Promises China Speedy Completion Of Mambilla Power Project by EnergyWA: 5:28am On Apr 14, 2016
thesicilian:
What does speedy completion mean? Did he give any deadline?

For a project of that size, if there is consistent implementation, it should be like 5 years.
Re: Buhari Promises China Speedy Completion Of Mambilla Power Project by thesicilian: 5:36am On Apr 14, 2016
EnergyWA:

For a project of that size, if there is consistent implementation, it should be like 5 years.
And as usual we're left guessing. I wonder if previous administrations did anything different. Tell me why I should rejoice this time around?
Re: Buhari Promises China Speedy Completion Of Mambilla Power Project by EnergyWA: 5:40am On Apr 14, 2016
thesicilian:

And as usual we're left guessing. I wonder if previous administrations did anything different. Tell me why I should rejoice this time around?

As long as Nigeria does not mess it up this time. fingers-crossed.
Re: Buhari Promises China Speedy Completion Of Mambilla Power Project by xelly: 5:42am On Apr 14, 2016
EnergyWA:

Gas supply improved...

Nigeria has a generation capacity of 7,000MW but does not have the capacity to supply gas reliably to all plants. The singular reason for improved power during Buhari's early months was improved gas supply.

Did he channel more gas supply to the plants or was he sabotaging the effort of the past government?
Re: Buhari Promises China Speedy Completion Of Mambilla Power Project by EnergyWA: 5:46am On Apr 14, 2016
xelly:

Did he channel more gas supply to the plants or was he sabotaging the effort of the past government?

Gas supply improved under his watch and they deserve some credit for that.

That said, we are still generating too little for a country of our size and much more must be done.
Re: Buhari Promises China Speedy Completion Of Mambilla Power Project by Mynd44: 7:07am On Apr 14, 2016

(1)

Oshodi World Class Transport Interchange Ready In 15 Months – Ambode / Fuel Hike: Why I Dumped NLC – Oshiomole / They Lied, Senator Oluremi Tinubu Did Not Berate Abraham’s Soaring Guber Mission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.