Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,352 members, 7,957,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:35 AM

Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden (19023 Views)

Lady Calls Out Her Partner For Assaulting Her And Sleeping With Their Maid - Pic / Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder / Arase: ''Stop Paying Ransom To Kidnappers'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by Tman66(m): 1:13pm On Apr 14, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy good job oga IG grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by glossy6(f): 1:14pm On Apr 14, 2016
A good move by the IG
Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by StKizitoOfPadua: 1:32pm On Apr 14, 2016
1stCitizen:
This is the problem with Nigeria. This is jungle justice.

I strongly condemn the DPO's action, but at least he should have been placed on suspension to enable proper investigation. He should have been allowed to defend himself while the reports of eye witnesses also examined. Then punished when found guilty

How can you just demote someone based on newspaper reports. He was even demoted before investigation and before facing a disciplinary hearing Haba! We are sure this guy is guilty though..... but that is how an innocent person will be set up one day and demoted based on some report by a hungry blogger.

Anyway serves him right. I hate the Nigerian Police

There is still room for revisit of the demotion and transfer notice in event of the affected officer been proved innocent. Its a sound decision.

1 Like

Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by Koperjay0240(m): 1:39pm On Apr 14, 2016
I believe that is how he beats his wife at home, possibly the wife Don swear for him, so na #Godwin# but what if him as a senior police officer meet Soja or Navy or even civil defence beating a colleague while performing his or her duty, what will be his reaction? eee go join hand. I salute the IG for his quick action.... God bless u sir. while we await other punishment maybe u should transfer him to Sambisa to go ND slap Boko haram

2 Likes

Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by focus7: 1:43pm On Apr 14, 2016
This is one of the dividend of Buhari government, no room for impunity. It reminds me of Mbu evil reign in Jonathan government, where a police officer was so powerful to obstruct a sitting governor of a state movement and restrict his activities, what he got for it was a promotion. Chai, thank God we did not have Jonathan back to power o.
Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by kraftykc(m): 1:44pm On Apr 14, 2016
Another case for the gender equality bill.

Two cases already today... on just on NL front-page. Nigerian society needs deliverance.

2 Likes

Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 14, 2016
StKizitoOfPadua:

There is still room for revisit of the demotion and transfer notice in event of the affected officer been proved innocent. Its a sound decision.

For real? You pronounce judgement before investigation or fair hearing then revisit the case afterwards, if the judgment does not go with the final findings? Jeez! Nigeria is a hell-hole.

Serves him right though for being a Nigerian policeman
Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by zubixhitechno: 1:46pm On Apr 14, 2016
[quote author=tafabaloo post=44683329]

THE Inspector General of Police (IGP), Solomon Arase, has ordered the demotion in rank of the Divisional Police Of­ficer (DPO), in charge of Ikenne Division of Ogun State, Mr. Patrick Onwu, for assaulting a female traffic warden.

Also, the IGP, has ordered the immediate transfer of the alleged bully officer from Ogun state police command, even as he has ordered the Commissioner of Police to set up an investigative panel on the matter and report to the force headquarters.

The IGP directed the state commissioner to forward the necessary details of the accused officer to the force secre­tary, Abuja for further disciplinary actions.

Onwu, has now been demoted to the rank of Deputy Superintendent of Police(DSP) from Superintendent of Police(SP).

The former DPO, was said to have beaten up a female traf­fic warden, Inspector Anifat Bello, at her duty post at the Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC), junction, on IBB Boulevard way, Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.

Daily Sun, gathered that the IGP, who got to know about the incident on the pages of newspapers, was said to have immediately put a call to the State Police Commissioner and gave him the directives.

Top police sources told Daily Sun, in Abuja, that the force headquarters was monitoring the IGP’s directives to ensure strict compliance.

Police sources also said Arase, commended the high level of discipline displayed by the female traffic warden who he said refused to fight back, saying the likes of Patrick Onwu, should not be in the police.

It would be recalled that the Divisional Police Officer, who was in charge of Ikenne Division, Onwu, allegedly went wild when he descended on the female officer and beat her up for daring to stop his private vehicle.

Onwu, who was said to have been in mufti at the time of the incident, was alleged to have driven into a nearby filling station where he parked and changed into his police uniform and went back to the duty post of Bello.

This is a welcome development,at least this should send a serious signals to other police men that treat their fellow humans with impunity.God bless Arase
Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 14, 2016
I AM STILL WAITING FOR THE CHANGE I VOTED FOR! angry angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by Missmossy(f): 1:55pm On Apr 14, 2016
Shameless man!! He should be laid off asap that would serve as a deterrent to his fellow men who assault women.

3 Likes

Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by Commentus2: 1:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
Keneking:
Amazing action...

- was he given any fair hearing

- anyway, pictures of her stopping his car in traffic, him pulling off his shirt and wearing his police uniform, and his alleged assault or you know the drill sad
You don start a bi?! continue, na rope we go take hold you carry go aro!!!! cool
Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by bashydemy(m): 2:00pm On Apr 14, 2016
gossipatrol:

The answer to your question is "many men". That is why the gender equality bill is even a topic. If men acted right, gender equality would not be an issue, it would be the norm... but most men don't act right and now they are scared women would do the same if the gender equality bill is passed
my lady gender equality won't do anything good instead it will render more lady singe, if my wife because of gender equality to start doing gra gra ehn, na go be that shikena. Ladies full town ooo
Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by j1mmy: 2:34pm On Apr 14, 2016
IGBO criminal, even in uniform - sack him

His photo looks like Igbo drug dealer in Asia

Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by alfsalami: 2:45pm On Apr 14, 2016
Street fighting is a destruction of the psyche of children and so Mr Patrick
Should be charged with terrorism of psyche , dismissed and jailed
Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by FunmyKemmy(f): 2:59pm On Apr 14, 2016
Welcome development.

1 Like

Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by IamAtribalist: 3:23pm On Apr 14, 2016
cool Well done Arase. Please continue to clean up the police force. We the citizens are watching and we will remember you. cool

1 Like

Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 14, 2016
Outright dismissal, followed by prosecution would have been more appropriate.
Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by ManTiger(m): 4:10pm On Apr 14, 2016
Absolute Power Corrupts Absolute.

1 Like

Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by ozeabu: 4:26pm On Apr 14, 2016
This man called the DPO wife don suffer for him hand, he must be a wife battering. Lesson for other DPO's[code][/code] with impunity.
Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by Fourwinds: 4:27pm On Apr 14, 2016
Useless DPO... Most of these DPOs are useless
Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by StKizitoOfPadua: 4:50pm On Apr 14, 2016
1stCitizen:

For real? You pronounce judgement before investigation or fair hearing then revisit the case afterwards, if the judgment does not go with the final findings? Jeez! Nigeria is a hell-hole.

Serves him right though for being a Nigerian policeman
Yeah... Bro it aint only with Nigeria.. I've come across decision taken only to learn later it was wrong and it was corrected. But i love Naija fa.
Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by Oluschenco(m): 7:33pm On Apr 14, 2016
Thumb-up

1 Like

Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by adeyeye5353(m): 8:04pm On Apr 14, 2016
That is how he used to beat his wife at home, the demote is still high, he suppose to demote to position of that lady

1 Like

Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by spiralwedge(m): 9:48pm On Apr 14, 2016
Keneking:
Amazing action...

- was he given any fair hearing

- anyway, pictures of her stopping his car in traffic, him pulling off his shirt and wearing his police uniform, and his alleged assault or you know the drill sad

Forget that one, I am a shocked eye witness
Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by tunbebes(f): 11:16pm On Apr 14, 2016
Koperjay0240:
I believe that is how he beats his wife at home, possibly the wife Don swear for him, so na #Godwin# but what if him as a senior police officer meet Soja or Navy or even civil defence beating a colleague while performing his or her duty, what will be his reaction? eee go join hand. I salute the IG for his quick action.... God bless u sir. while we await other punishment maybe u should transfer him to Sambisa to go ND slap Boko haram

He is a proud man o. Arrogant and annoying. His poor wife is late and he has 3 young kids. Nah the children I pity. This man is proud,he misbehaves at home too o, he stays in Isolo.

1 Like

Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by tunbebes(f): 11:17pm On Apr 14, 2016
ozeabu:
This man called the DPO wife don suffer for him hand, he must be a wife battering. Lesson for other DPO's[code][/code] with impunity.

The man proud en...I know him

1 Like

Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by todayguest(m): 12:16am On Apr 15, 2016
The public should not be misinformed on this. The IGP had no such powers to demote a Senior police officer without constituting any disciplinary panel. Even with the panel, it's only the Police Service Commission that is vested with the powers to demote a senior officer and not the IGP.
Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by vchykp(m): 12:32am On Apr 15, 2016
Does it not occour to the man that she must be someones wife, he should be dismissed and the woman should be promoted.
Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by lastpage: 5:33am On Apr 15, 2016
Sanchez01:
Which reasonable man would assault a female just because he has more authority and power than her and what is the need for demotion when he may readily bully those under him again? He should have been dismissed. I have mentioned it times without number that psychiatric evaluation be conducted on these men in black. Most of them are not in any way sane. I doubt he would have been demoted if it was the IGP's relation that was assaulted.

Your comment was good enough but PLEASE.... stop making it "about WOMEN"!
You are making it sound like Women are some "incapable beings" that are weaker than their male counterpart

Reasonable people should not bully others under them..... Man or Woman.

That DPO needs to be discharged dishonourably from the Force

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by lastpage: 5:35am On Apr 15, 2016
tunbebes:

He is a proud man o. Arrogant and annoying. His poor wife is late and he has 3 young kids. Nah the children I pity. This man is proud,he misbehaves at home too o, he stays in Isolo.

This is what happens when you have a bad neighbour! grin grin

Next, you will tell us how he brings women and under-age girls home, when he is supposed to be at work! grin grin grin

Lastpage!
Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by lastpage: 5:37am On Apr 15, 2016
todayguest:
The public should not be misinformed on this. The IGP had no such powers to demote a Senior police officer without constituting any disciplinary panel. Even with the panel, it's only the Police Service Commission that is vested with the powers to demote a senior officer and not the IGP.

IGP may just be playing to the gallery... for public consumption.
DPO will be back to his post a few weeks time when the public uproar would have died down.

Lastpage!
Re: Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden by tunbebes(f): 7:28pm On Apr 15, 2016
lastpage:

This is what happens when you have a bad neighbour! grin grin

Next, you will tell us how he brings women and under-age girls home, when he is supposed to be at work! grin grin grin

Lastpage!

Lol. You no well. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady Accuses Man She Met On Instagram Of Abusing Her Sexually / Nigerian ‘pirate’ Boss To Be Extradited To The Netherlands / Father-Of-Six Arrested For Sexually Assaulting 9-Year-Old Girl In Adamawa (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.