Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,602 members, 7,820,154 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Let's Make A Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Let's Make A Story (12650 Views)

Class Clash- A story about love and family background/status / The University Village - A Story / Make A Sentence With 3 "Because" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Make A Story by countrygrl(f): 4:25pm On Aug 03, 2009
Lets make up a story about a black man and a black women. I am going to start it off. And you pick up where the last person has stop. You can make it go anywhere you want.

Story:

There was this man name Akinlabi (age 30 something), he woke up one morning feeling odd. The night before him and his friends were having a discussion about life. Akinlabi became worried because his life was not yet together. For he was missing something. He had all the girls he wanted, the job was ok, he liked living in America. So what was it? For the whole day he could not shake this worry. So he,
Re: Let's Make A Story by posakosa(m): 4:26pm On Aug 03, 2009
joblessness is real.
Re: Let's Make A Story by countrygrl(f): 4:28pm On Aug 03, 2009
Not really, because I am at work. I work with computers. So add on to the story or not.
Re: Let's Make A Story by debest1(m): 4:29pm On Aug 03, 2009
countrygrl:

Lets make up a story about a black man and a black women. I am going to start it off. And you pick up where the last person has stop. You can make it go anywhere you want.

Story:

There was this man name Akinlabi (age 30 something), he woke up one morning feeling odd. The night before him and his friends were having a discussion about life. Akinlabi became worried because his life was not yet together. For he was missing something. He had all the girls he wanted, the job was ok, he liked living in America. So what was it? For the whole day he could not shake this worry. So he,
what genre are we writing on?
Re: Let's Make A Story by Rebarobyn: 4:36pm On Aug 03, 2009
countrygrl:

Story:

I feel you

Story Continued:
decided to take a walk to the bar. While he was asking the bar tender for a drink, he saw a lady sitting all by herself with a cocktail, he stared at her and she stared back. He thought to himself, "I guess she's alone too", so he walked up to her and asked if he could sit next to her, she was quite warm and she allowed him sit next to her. After about 2 minutes of silence, he introduced himself to her and after much skepticism, she also introduces herself as "countrygirl". They chatted up for the most of the night and during the course of the conversation, he found out that she had just been dumped by her boyfriend of 6 years who had been cheating with her best friend and she was contemplating suicide. He felt so much pity for her and so he,
Re: Let's Make A Story by debest1(m): 4:38pm On Aug 03, 2009
Rebarobyn:

I feel you

Story Continued:
decided to take a walk to the bar. While he was asking the bar tender for a drink, he saw a lady sitting all by herself with a cocktail, he stared at her and she stared back. He thought to himself, "I guess she's alone too", so he walked up to her and asked if he could sit next to her, she was quite warm and she allowed him sit next to her. After about 2 minutes of silence, he introduced himself to her and after much skepticism, she also introduces herself as "countrygirl". They chatted up for the most of the night and during the course of the conversation, he found out that she had just been dumped by her boyfriend of 6 years who had been cheating with her best friend and she was contemplating suicide. He felt so much pity for her and so he,
Ploughed her with alcohol,
Re: Let's Make A Story by debest1(m): 4:40pm On Aug 03, 2009
sensing her vulnerability, his thoughts drifted from one possibility to another;
Re: Let's Make A Story by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 03, 2009
Continuation: so he said "maybe the problem is you and the choice of men you pick to date." she was stunned cuz she never felt responsible for the demise of the relationship."so are you saying am to blame?" he looked into her eyes for a long time.He replied"search your heart you know it to be true" then sips his alcohol, (continue for me)
Re: Let's Make A Story by countrygrl(f): 4:48pm On Aug 03, 2009
The possibility of her being a total psycho or the possibility of her just being tired of the bulls--t. Akinlabi thought to himself, why judge when I am feed up to. So with a long sighhhhhhhh, he gave it a shot. How beautiful,
[center]"Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship.
It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end." [/center]  

LIVE BY THESE WORDS AND LOVE WILL ALWAYS LIVE BY YOU
And it happen she gave one of the most beautiful smile he hasn't seen in a long time
Re: Let's Make A Story by debest1(m): 4:51pm On Aug 03, 2009
The smile on her face was the pick me up he needed for the dlldrum in his life. Perhaps life is not so gloom afterall he muttered,
Re: Let's Make A Story by countrygrl(f): 5:06pm On Aug 03, 2009
perhaps this is not the end of my life she thought, but just the beginning. He looks ok, ok forget the looks(lesson learn) he feels ok. But why is he here drinking away his problems. Probably pressure from the family back home. Here we go------

So is that drink your best friend or women? she asked him and he gave her the most saddest looks ever-- alright she thought to herself, would you like to talk about it, she asked him----and before she could finish her sentence, he let it all out,
Re: Let's Make A Story by debest1(m): 5:08pm On Aug 03, 2009
and before she could finish her sentence, he let it all out,
[quote][/quote]
omg, how can he let out his d*ck in a bar? lol
Re: Let's Make A Story by debest1(m): 5:10pm On Aug 03, 2009
countrygrl:

perhaps this is not the end of my life she thought, but just the beginning. He looks ok, ok forget the looks(lesson learn) he feels ok. But why is he here drinking away his problems. Probably pressure from the family back home. Here we go------

So is that drink your best friend or women? she asked him and he gave her the most saddest looks ever-- alright she thought to herself, would you like to talk about it, she asked him----and before she could finish her sentence, he let it all out,
i have been wondering if this is all that life has to offer, i have a good job nice car, but somehow i feel empty, unfufilled. It's as if there's something missing without which all that I have is meaningless,
Re: Let's Make A Story by countrygrl(f): 5:20pm On Aug 03, 2009
OMG!!! you are hilarious cheesy

So she asked why do you think everything is meaningless. Maybe it's just some people are worthless. Or, maybe because you do have these things, you let them speak for you. So, I can't see them. So who are you she asked him?
Re: Let's Make A Story by debest1(m): 5:22pm On Aug 03, 2009
countrygrl:

OMG!!! you are hilarious cheesy

So she asked why do you think everything is meaningless. Maybe it's just some people are worthless. Or, maybe because you do have these things, you let them speak for you. So, I can't see them. So who are you she asked him?
I know what my name is but dont know who I am anymore. That unfortunately is the reason I'm here tonight, if i can discover who I am and what makes me happy; then maybe I have a chance of finding love and happiness.
Re: Let's Make A Story by Rebarobyn: 5:28pm On Aug 03, 2009
Her spirit became lifted and she had a second thought about her suicide intentions, maybe there's more to this life than that jerk of a boyfriend I had and that backstabbing best friend of mine, this guy sounds interesting. So she asked him, "so what are your plans for the rest of the weekend?". He said nothing was on his schedule and they planned to meet at a popular restaurant the following afternoon for lunch.

P.S. please keep your clothes on guys, lol
Re: Let's Make A Story by countrygrl(f): 6:01pm On Aug 03, 2009
So they exchanged numbers. She called him because of a change of plans. Lets not meet at a restuarant, but lets cook and then relax walk to the park. He thought to himself- cook hmmmm-must be an American thing. But he agreed. Something from your country she explained. Bring me Africa she told him. Ok-he thought to himself,
Re: Let's Make A Story by debest1(m): 6:08pm On Aug 03, 2009
countrygrl:

So they exchanged numbers. She called him because of a change of plans. Lets not meet at a restuarant, but lets cook and then relax walk to the park. He thought to himself- cook hmmmm-must be an American thing. But he agreed. Something from your country she explained. Bring me Africa she told him. Ok-he thought to himself,
Akin went to bed that night a renewed man, finally the dark cloud he'd been covered by was finally giving way to daylight, the only worry he had was how to cook his favourite amala and egusi stew to impress countrygirl; maybe its time to give mum a call tommorow he mused as dozed off
Re: Let's Make A Story by Rebarobyn: 6:27pm On Aug 03, 2009
Countrygirl had gone to bed late trying to decide on what to wear, she had eventually decided to wear something quite simple. The following day, she was unusually up very early, time seemed to be crawling but eventually it was 1p.m and then she called him to say she was on her way to his place. She looked at herself in the mirror over and over again before leaving the house trying to make sure she didn't create a negative impression. She drove for about 20minutes and arrived at his address with much ease and rang the bell, she could smell an aroma of spicy food, typical of African dishes. About 10 seconds later, he opened the door, she was a sight to behold, he stared at her with awe, she looked so different from the frustrated lady he had met at the bar the night before. She was wearing a sleeveless fern silk gown, her face glowed and she smiled brightly. She said "hello, its nice seeing you in daylight", they both laughed as he guided her to his lounge. His apartment was small but he undoubtedly had some taste, his furniture looked expensive, he had black leather settees. He asked her to take a sit and give him a few more minutes, he was just about to finish up the cooking. The season finale of prison break was being aired on Fox so Countrygirl sat down to watch, she was a prison break fan. He excused himself and went to the kitchen,
Re: Let's Make A Story by debest1(m): 6:38pm On Aug 03, 2009
Secretly looking at the cooking tips his mum had given earlier on, her compliments about the nice smell only exasperated his anxiety hoping that the taste eventually matches the exquisite aroma.
Another glass? Akin asked as he poured her a glass of Matheu Rose. Nice picture she opined pointing to the canvas painitng of Akin at his college graduation. I always felt that my graduation day would herald the end of painful studying and the beginning of happiness; Akin commented. Unfortunately this was not to be,
Re: Let's Make A Story by Kelvinj(m): 6:43pm On Aug 03, 2009
After about 10mins akin came back and took a sit beside her unnoticed 'hope i didnt keep u waiting' he whispered, then she turned 2 him & smiled not really i was actually lost in the movie.
Re: Let's Make A Story by Kelvinj(m): 6:44pm On Aug 03, 2009
Looking round the house she commented 'really nice apartment u've got here', he smiles thanks i think i've got real good taste. By now he has been through wit special delicacy so he asked countrygirl can we go to the dinning table? And she replied oh really,
Re: Let's Make A Story by Kelvinj(m): 7:01pm On Aug 03, 2009
Looking round the house she commented 'really nice apartment u've got here', he smiles thanks i think i've got real good taste. By now he has been through wit special delicacy so he asked countrygirl can we go to the dinning table? And she replied oh really,
Re: Let's Make A Story by debest1(m): 7:06pm On Aug 03, 2009
Akin always remembered his mother's mantra, "the way to a man's heart is his stomach"; hoping that the inner tranquil he started experiencing since last night is the start of something, he hoped the nicely prepared meal will woo the now effervescent countrygirl
Re: Let's Make A Story by nex(m): 9:01pm On Aug 03, 2009
Having noticed the luxury with which Akinlabi's apartment was furnished, countrygirl really wanted to ask, but she didn't think it was the right time. She didn't want to get this one off the wrong foot with a third degree so she decided to keep that bottled for now.

Akinlabi's eyes kept roaming all over countrygirl seeking even for the slightest flaw, but eluded him. 'could this be her?' 'is this finally it?'. He mind was still wandering when the question blurted: 'what do you do?' country girl had let it out. No use delaying.

'Do?' Akinlabi muttered.
'Yeah. For a living.'

Akinlabi's smile couldn't hide he'd been caught unawares and unprepared for the question.
'well, I'm in insurance' . No harm in the truth afterall.
'you mean like you work for an insurance firm?'
She asked just to make sure. She'd asked two already. 21 counting down.
Akinlabi adjusted himself, started to go for the wine and answered in a more composed voice 'I'm an insurance broker, I make sure people get paid'.
Then he was back with two glasses of wine, and with that smile, that dimpled cheek smile that gotten her attention the night before,
Re: Let's Make A Story by debest1(m): 9:10pm On Aug 03, 2009
That was a nice meal, best I've had in a long time, ; you'll have to teach me how to make that when you visit me next, Countrygirl said; of course I will excited at the chance to meet her again.
After an afternoon of fun she said her goodbye leaving Akin a far happier man than he was a few days earlier
Re: Let's Make A Story by tine(f): 9:16pm On Aug 03, 2009
Angela left with the feeling its great to be alive, even though a bit uncertain as to what an insurance broker realy does, that brings in so much money.
Re: Let's Make A Story by debest1(m): 9:21pm On Aug 03, 2009
tine:

Angela left with the feeling its great to be alive, even though a bit uncertain as to what an insurance broker realy does, that brings in so much money.
angela ke?
Re: Let's Make A Story by Moyola(f): 9:23pm On Aug 03, 2009
Anyways, time will tell! tongue

***Curtain falls!***

debest1:

angela ke?

Yu spoil show! tongue
Re: Let's Make A Story by tine(f): 9:24pm On Aug 03, 2009
sorry change that to countrygirl. my bad
Re: Let's Make A Story by debest1(m): 9:27pm On Aug 03, 2009
tine:

sorry change that to countrygirl. my bad
grin grin grin
Re: Let's Make A Story by Moyola(f): 9:30pm On Aug 03, 2009
Countrygirl = Angela tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) / Ikomoja The Beast / 17 Year Old Nigerian Starts A Project To Bring African Poets Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.