Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,871 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

President, Governors Must Quit Office Before Elections – Sule - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President, Governors Must Quit Office Before Elections – Sule (12973 Views)

Hajiya Hadiza Is Dead! Sule Lamido's Daughter Dies In India (Photos) / Senate To Remove Immunity For President, Governors, Deputies / Ekweremadu Proposes A Single Term Of 6 Years For President, Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President, Governors Must Quit Office Before Elections – Sule by oglalasioux(m): 12:06pm On Apr 14, 2016
Lame suggestion. Who will form the interim government? Is it not the incumbent president?
Re: President, Governors Must Quit Office Before Elections – Sule by Guyman02: 12:06pm On Apr 14, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
who will select the interim administration?
I love your contributions sir, although I don't know you, but pls proffer a workable solution, this is Nigeria, where anything can happen in less than an hour, not to talk of weeks.
Okijajuju1:
Who be Sule? Who e don epp?

You dont know Maitama Sule (Danmasanin Kano)?
Indomie Generations spotted grin ;

This is why history should be taught in our schools including adding the Civil War to the curriculum, so that the new generation will know where the country is coming from.
Re: President, Governors Must Quit Office Before Elections – Sule by Prales(m): 12:15pm On Apr 14, 2016
Guy, it seems you thrive on insults to gather likes. Alhaji Maitama Sule is an elder statesman and a former permanent representative of Nigeria to the United Nations. He has seen far better life than your generation and so deserves some respect. They don't give award for the number of insults you heap on your elders.

Okijajuju1:
Who be Sule? Who e don epp?
Re: President, Governors Must Quit Office Before Elections – Sule by emmykk(m): 12:18pm On Apr 14, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
who will select the interim administration?
I love your contributions sir, although I don't know you, but pls proffer a workable solution, this is Nigeria, where anything can happen in less than an hour, not to talk of weeks.

there is senate president,speakers,chief judge any of them...hope you are satisfy
Re: President, Governors Must Quit Office Before Elections – Sule by abbey621(m): 12:18pm On Apr 14, 2016
Very stupid idea. Even in countries where democracy is very strong there's no such thing!
Re: President, Governors Must Quit Office Before Elections – Sule by kenny987(f): 12:23pm On Apr 14, 2016
It is unconstitutional to have a vacancy in those offices. The affairs of state will not be abandoned because of elections. Handover notes must also be prepared n made so who does that? An interim government that has no idea of what has gone on in the just concluded administration?
Re: President, Governors Must Quit Office Before Elections – Sule by Goke7: 12:24pm On Apr 14, 2016
Guyman02:

This is why history should be taught in our schools including adding the Civil War to the curriculum, so that the new generation will know where the country is coming from.

you took the words out of my mouth, truly its time Nigerian Political history is made a compulsory subject in our schools, too much ignorance these days, I once heard a lad asking who Awolowo is, that's how bad it is o

2 Likes

Re: President, Governors Must Quit Office Before Elections – Sule by OlujobaSamuel: 12:25pm On Apr 14, 2016
Guyman02:

am sorry, it's not about indomie generation, it's not all elder statesman that I know, and you cannot tell me you also know all. Interest in a particular field might determines who you know. I also support history class in school, and I learn the few I can myself. Thanks.
Re: President, Governors Must Quit Office Before Elections – Sule by OlujobaSamuel: 12:29pm On Apr 14, 2016
emmykk:

there is senate president,speakers,chief judge any of them...hope you are satisfy
read the statement again. you should find something like "amongst others", this means political office holder.
On the issue of Chief Judge, who told you there is no political affiliations, have you forgotten that their promotion is aided by politicians. Why do you think some politicians prefer to sue in a court and run away from another.
Re: President, Governors Must Quit Office Before Elections – Sule by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:30pm On Apr 14, 2016
olrotimi:

I tire ooo, my brother. Amelika with all their sophistication hasn't even mulled the idea, shey na naija with our wickedness and greed go con do am? Long thing
no mind oga Sule e dey sleep for express
Re: President, Governors Must Quit Office Before Elections – Sule by denitro(m): 12:33pm On Apr 14, 2016
Does it even happen in the US?
Re: President, Governors Must Quit Office Before Elections – Sule by Rexnegro(m): 12:51pm On Apr 14, 2016
mrvitalis:
Jonathan was on sit and lost to Buhari, please this doesn't make any sense at all

Is there anywhere in the world it is done??
gej lost because he was clueless And because of card reader device....how I wish we Have advanced tech on The card reader then pdp is gone forever more forever...if gej wasn't clueless And was gut full then You will no elder sule made sense in his speech...most presidents And govs used The power of incumbency to the advantage of their reelection
Re: President, Governors Must Quit Office Before Elections – Sule by Prinz15(m): 12:58pm On Apr 14, 2016
I totally agree with this idea
Re: President, Governors Must Quit Office Before Elections – Sule by olajigaolamide: 1:48pm On Apr 14, 2016
I don't buy this man's idea
Re: President, Governors Must Quit Office Before Elections – Sule by lecanno: 1:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
it can happen. Amend the constitution, make INEC highly autonomous (funding), make Inspector General Of Police cool, Or Army Chief Acting Head of state while the election is being held.
Make it such that the army chief or Inspector General of Police is also elected by the people but out of some competent best persons presented by the forces to the public for elections. That way they will be responsible to the people and not appointed by the government of the day.

Anyway I just dey talk, who cares about what I say. Let me sip my maya ngwo grin cool
Re: President, Governors Must Quit Office Before Elections – Sule by Okijajuju1(m): 2:14pm On Apr 14, 2016
Prales:
Guy, it seems you thrive on insults to gather likes. Alhaji Maitama Sule is an elder statesman and a former permanent representative of Nigeria to the United Nations. He has seen far better life than your generation and so deserves some respect. They don't give award for the number of insults you heap on your elders.

Have I insulted you biko nu or are you on your period today?

Did I insult even the Sule himsef?

And yet here you are dragging my generation into a matter over a light comment/quastion of 'WHo is Sule, WHo e don epp?'

Should I insult you?

Not worth it..

Ask for your generation.. grin Still not worth it.. grin
Re: President, Governors Must Quit Office Before Elections – Sule by Okijajuju1(m): 2:16pm On Apr 14, 2016
Guyman02:

Lol...

He who has never eaten Indomie should cast the first stone.. grin grin

But seriously though, I dont know who he is. I have heard his name floated around before, but I cant tell you for certain who the dude is.
Re: President, Governors Must Quit Office Before Elections – Sule by chernest2002: 2:45pm On Apr 14, 2016
Power vacuum is too dangerous.
Re: President, Governors Must Quit Office Before Elections – Sule by fairheven: 4:43pm On Apr 14, 2016
is a laudable idea. that is what happens in BANGLADESH. it will automatically neutralize the power of incumbency

totally in support

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ganduje Declares Assets Ahead Of Swearing-In / Reno Omokri Donates N500,000 To Owo Attack Victims, Advises Critics To Donate / Jigi-Jagaban: Tinubu Supporters Hold Free Medical Outreach In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.