Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,214 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 (48198 Views)

The APC Delegates & Governors That Visited Buhari In London (Names, Photo) / 6 Governors That Agreed To Hold Convention Without Buhari / List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 by jchima14: 4:32pm On Apr 14, 2016
Although this might be to early, this list is necessary to give kudos to state executives that have hit the ground running and are performing according to the expectations of the electorates. This list also serves as a wake up call to governors who are yet to get a grasp of their duties, to start in earnest to deliver the dividends of democracy to their people. The list also aims to encourage the governors listed so they can continue their good works and know Nigerians are watching. Lists of five governors who deserve a second term based on their performances so far...

1. Nasir El Rufai (Kaduna): The diminutive former minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), is replicating the sanity he brought to public office in the nation’s capital in Kaduna state. From his costs cutting measures, to his tax reforms and his open budget policy, El Rufai is showing that transparency is achievable in government in this part of the world.

2. Akinwunmi Ambode (Lagos): Ambode has shown that he is capable of surpassing the achievements of Fashola. He has focused more on the suburbs in Lagos which is endearing him to a large section of the populace in Nigeria’s mega city. The rehabilitation of major roads like Ejigbo–Ikotun, Okota-Cele and Acme road in Ikeja has opened up the state. The light-up Lagos project and the refurbished Lagos state security trust fund and the civil service reforms are also worthy to be mentioned.

3. Udom Emmanuel (Akwa Ibom): Among his achievements so far are the commissioning of a led factory at Itam and an automobile assembly plant at Itu. He has also embarked on laudable projects like the dualization of Ikot Oku Ikono – Etinan road with flyover at Ekom Iman, construction of Ikot Ebekpo – Ikot Ebidang road in Onna and the urbanisation of Oron and drainage control system.

4. Aminu Tambuwal (Sokoto): His government announced a policy that will criminalize refusal to send children to schools and followed the policy immediately by recruiting 500 teachers to address the shortfall in teaching personnel in public secondary schools in the state. He has also registered 25,000 youths expected to benefit from a skills acquisition scheme over a two year period.

5. Dr Okezie Ikpeazu (Abia): The inauguration of the Ibeme, Awom-Ukwu, Umusokoro Ikwuano and Ohiya electricity projects shows that the governor is in a hurry to deliver the dividends of democracy in the state. The reactivation of the Umuahia water works and technical and vocational educational training is also a commendable move. The setting up of Aba Urban Renewal to restore sanity in the commercial city.

DO YOU AGREE WITH THE LIST?

SOURCE: http://thesummary.com.ng/index.php/news-categories/politics/item/6676-5-governors-that-deserve-a-second-term-in-2019

7 Likes

Re: 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 by eduSwisz(m): 4:35pm On Apr 14, 2016
You can talk shit. I discredit you for including el- rufai on that list. Huh. Unless he's your father

124 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 by omowolewa: 4:36pm On Apr 14, 2016
Too early to certify

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 by jchima14: 4:39pm On Apr 14, 2016
eduSwisz:
You can talk shit. I discredit you for including el- rufai on that list. Huh. Unless he's your father

Aside from the religious bill, he is doing great things for kaduna

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 by babyfaceafrica: 4:47pm On Apr 14, 2016
Just one year and they deserve second term.....chai..Nigerians!!!!!

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 by Inspectahdeck(m): 4:49pm On Apr 14, 2016
I am not igbo but I think Willie obiano should make that list. We hear positive stuffs from his government

214 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 by EasternActivist: 4:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
How is the governor of the year not in the list...

Fake list.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 by benedictnsi(m): 5:00pm On Apr 14, 2016
[size=18pt] And
What
If
We
No
Come
Vote
For
Them

Op you go kill person
[/size]

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 by jchima14: 5:06pm On Apr 14, 2016
EasternActivist:
How is the governor of the year not in the list...

Fake list.

Which governor is that?
Re: 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 by EasternActivist: 5:11pm On Apr 14, 2016
jchima14:

Which governor is that?

Willie obiano

91 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 by thomasthomas: 5:15pm On Apr 14, 2016
Did I see Udom Emmanuel? grin grin grin grin

This list is a joke.

Gov Udom is struggling to pay salaries, a lot of workers are not paid their salaries and pensioners too are not paid.

The site for the Automobile company at Itu has been taken over by weeds, nothing is happening there. Those contracts you mentioned are just on paper, it has not been awarded yet!

Nothing is happening in Akwa Ibom apart from government propaganda.

Please remove Gov. Udom Emmanuel from that list.

Thanks smiley

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 by salam1(m): 5:23pm On Apr 14, 2016
eduSwisz:
keep hating el rufai, u hate him because of d religion bill ryt? Beta read d detail of DAT bill b4 u hate him. If any1 should complain it should b d Muslim preachers okay.

18 Likes

Re: 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 by renegade09(m): 5:25pm On Apr 14, 2016
Inspectahdeck:
I am not igbo but I think Willie obiano should make that list. We hear positive stuffs from his government
don't believe everything you hear on social media. He deserves no such thing at all.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 by Kenzico(m): 5:25pm On Apr 14, 2016
Its too early to make this judgments
Okezie ikpeazu on that list must be a joke

jchima14:
Although this might be to early, this list is necessary to give kudos to state executives that have hit the ground running and are performing according to the expectations of the electorates. This list also serves as a wake up call to governors who are yet to get a grasp of their duties, to start in earnest to deliver the dividends of democracy to their people. The list also aims to encourage the governors listed so they can continue their good works and know Nigerians are watching. Lists of five governors who deserve a second term based on their performances so far...
1. Nasir El Rufai (Kaduna): The diminutive former minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), is replicating the sanity he brought to public office in the nation’s capital in Kaduna state. From his costs cutting measures, to his tax reforms and his open budget policy, El Rufai is showing that transparency is achievable in government in this part of the world.
2. Akinwunmi Ambode (Lagos): Ambode has shown that he is capable of surpassing the achievements of Fashola. He has focused more on the suburbs in Lagos which is endearing him to a large section of the populace in Nigeria’s mega city. The rehabilitation of major roads like Ejigbo–Ikotun, Okota-Cele and Acme road in Ikeja has opened up the state. The light-up Lagos project and the refurbished Lagos state security trust fund and the civil service reforms are also worthy to be mentioned.
3. Udom Emmanuel (Akwa Ibom): Among his achievements so far are the commissioning of a led factory at Itam and an automobile assembly plant at Itu. He has also embarked on laudable projects like the dualization of Ikot Oku Ikono – Etinan road with flyover at Ekom Iman, construction of Ikot Ebekpo – Ikot Ebidang road in Onna and the urbanisation of Oron and drainage control system.
4. Aminu Tambuwal (Sokoto): His government announced a policy that will criminalize refusal to send children to schools and followed the policy immediately by recruiting 500 teachers to address the shortfall in teaching personnel in public secondary schools in the state. He has also registered 25,000 youths expected to benefit from a skills acquisition scheme over a two year period.
5. Dr Okezie Ikpeazu (Abia): The inauguration of the Ibeme, Awom-Ukwu, Umusokoro Ikwuano and Ohiya electricity projects shows that the governor is in a hurry to deliver the dividends of democracy in the state. The reactivation of the Umuahia water works and technical and vocational educational training is also a commendable move. The setting up of Aba Urban Renewal to restore sanity in the commercial city.
DO YOU AGREE WITH THE LIST?
SOURCE: http://thesummary.com.ng/index.php/news-categories/politics/item/6676-5-governors-that-deserve-a-second-term-in-2019

9 Likes

Re: 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 by google1(m): 6:03pm On Apr 14, 2016
What of fayose, @op na joke ooo cheesy

4 Likes

Re: 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 14, 2016
Non of them deserve anything because this got to prove their worth before 2019. That was how oshiomole was praised till he changed new dimension. Infact praise these governors or saying they deserve 2nd tenure makes them proud as if they were not voted by some of us. It's their duty to perform whether we like it or not.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 by chinchum(m): 6:13pm On Apr 14, 2016
so 10 months old governors have already qualified for second term, i think whoever drafted this list needs to grow up.

17 Likes

Re: 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 by DonMaxxy(m): 7:53pm On Apr 14, 2016
Where is " Willie is working" in your list or is he no longer working.

I think he is the governor of the day;he worked something in Onitsha today... some mall stuffs...seems only me saw him.

Do you mean the award The Sun Newspaper gave him should have gone to Aregbesola or one Roooooo...

Come and explain asap or should I add a sixth governor to your list.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 by Dezzx(m): 8:32pm On Apr 14, 2016
salam1:
keep hating el rufai, u hate him because of d religion bill ryt? Beta read d detail of DAT bill b4 u hate him. If any1 should complain it should b d Muslim preachers okay.
what is this one saying. did he at mention the religious bill in his post?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 by donphilopus: 10:15pm On Apr 14, 2016
sirTesco:
Death why?
Just lost a friend.
Brother, ur demise has left us in great shock,
u left a great vaccum,
ur memories will 4eva be fresh in our mind.
The entire AAU community and specifically the 400L department of building will 4eva miss u.
Rest In Peace Ogor.

Sorry for the loss! He should have been graduating by July/August I guess! What really happened?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 by gwales: 10:29pm On Apr 14, 2016
[s]
eduSwisz:
[/s] You're not from kaduna so your opinion of him doesn't matter. I support him to jail any pastor or imam dat doesn't obey the religious bill. And for 2019, there is no stopping MAI RUSAU AKA THE DEMOLISHER

8 Likes

Re: 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 by Blackfire(m): 11:06pm On Apr 14, 2016
Where is aregbeshola on the list. *someone whispers, he has done two terms already *.
Aregbeshola deserve another term ask osun state workers. *receive e-slaps*
*runs away*

5 Likes

Re: 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 by hub: 11:15pm On Apr 14, 2016
eduSwisz:

He is doing great my friend.

1 Like

Re: 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 by ifyan(m): 11:51pm On Apr 14, 2016
asuustrike2009:
Non of them deserve anything because this got to prove their worth before 2019. That was how oshiomole was praised till he changed new dimension. Infact praise these governors or saying they deserve 2nd tenure makes them proud as if they were not voted by some of us. It's their duty to perform whether we like it or not.

True yarn bro

1 Like

Re: 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 by ifyan(m): 11:53pm On Apr 14, 2016
Forget what you read on this site, partially true. But for second term not now please.

1 Like

Re: 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 15, 2016
Kenzico:
Its too early to make this judgments Okezie ikpeazu on that list must be a joke
guy ikpeazu deserve 100 times

1 Like

Re: 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 15, 2016
thomasthomas:
Did I see Udom Emmanuel? grin grin grin grin

This list is a joke.

Gov Udom is struggling to pay salaries, a lot of workers are not paid their salaries and pensioners too are not paid.

The site for the Automobile company at Itu has been taken over by weeds, nothing is happening there. Those contracts you mentioned are just on paper, it has not been awarded yet!

Nothing is happening in Akwa Ibom apart from government propaganda.

Please remove Gov. Udom Emmanuel from that list.

Thanks smiley

yet to feel the guy like akpabio
Re: 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 by sirTesco(m): 1:40pm On Apr 15, 2016
donphilopus:

Sorry for the loss! He should have been graduating by July/August I guess! What really happened?
He fell ill towards the end of the first semester exam, after managing to go thru he went home and died after.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Arrives Edo In Grand Style, Promises To Reclaim State From PDP / Tinubu Withdraws Maryam Shetty's Nomination, Nominates Festus Keyamo As Minister / Monkeys Swallow N70m Northern Senators Forum Money - Sen Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.