Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation (13324 Views)

UI Admits 3,783 Out Of 56,172 Applicants For 2017/2018 / Four UNN Students That Made First Class At The Nigerian Law School. / UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by aminho(m): 7:21am On Apr 15, 2016
My school for ever
Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by gbengadada2004(m): 7:21am On Apr 15, 2016
Akposy:
172? Hmmmmm. congrats to them

The 172 is for the period of year 2010 to 2015 (5 years).

1 Like

Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by fasho01(m): 7:24am On Apr 15, 2016
Kraspo:

You guys seem to nurse a misguided notion about Unimaid. As a student, once you get there, you face the unadulterated reality that you are in a war zone where there is zero or no "flexing" , no clubbing, little or drinking. Unlike other schools, in Unimaid, you are forced by the situation to face your studies, pass and get out.

It's not a misguided notion but logical reasoning. Apart from the war zone issue, other realities like no flexing, clubbing and the likes are also the mindset of students in more conducive environments and yet this high number of first class degrees are not recorded.

What then is special about unimaid?
Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by Jexyme(f): 7:24am On Apr 15, 2016
lincolnj88:
Great unimaid of before has been reduced to a secondary school... Where person with 150 is now the jamb cutoff point

Most ridiculous comment of the year!
Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by lebienconnu: 7:32am On Apr 15, 2016
Kraspo:

Please stop misleading the public. I graduated with First Class from Unimaid last year. I am a Christian and I hail from Imo state yet I was the only First Class in my department. It can never be reduced to a Secondary school if the definition of Secondary school is something to hold on to. Unimaid is the leading Federal University in the North-East.

I honor you, my guy.

2 Likes

Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by Jexyme(f): 7:32am On Apr 15, 2016
Menzy86:
172/5= 34.4 per year. What was d number in unilag recently? I pity u if u go study in a sch lyk ABU. Nothern universities really dont care about ranking and all those manipulated lists. Trust me if not 4 BH, dis unimaid used to b one of d best in d country.

Even with the insurgency Unimaid is the 9th best University in the country.

Allow the unexposed fools to identify themselves by their silly comments.

Some of them couldn't score JAMB that will gain them admission while some have never been there........in summary, Jealousy n frustration.

1 Like

Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by Nzeh12(m): 7:33am On Apr 15, 2016
Make them come southern Universities, especially uniport wey sadists full everywhere. Uniport graduates are smart hustlers tho.
Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by Nzeh12(m): 7:37am On Apr 15, 2016
Make them come southern Universities, especially uniport wey sadists full everywhere. Uniport graduates are smart hustlers tho.
Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by adesewa4uyahoo(f): 7:37am On Apr 15, 2016
gbengadada2004:

The 172 is for the period of year 2010 to 2015 (5 years).
ehn I know now boda gbenga oshi po die now
Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by Fxwarrior: 7:39am On Apr 15, 2016
Kx:
Are we saying the distortions occasioned by BH had negligible effect on d academics of the 172 first class graduates over d 5 years period?

I seem to like and admire your sense and spirit of research, probe, find out, verify issues and not like these PMB clowns.

Anyway anytime you are ready to head to Maiduguri for your data collection, kindly PM me so I can contribute my widow's mite to it.

Last Bullet: First class don dey cast o. 172? When first class meant itself only 7-15 people have it in an institution.
Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by ArchiPelago1: 7:47am On Apr 15, 2016
Rajosh:
wow. congrats to them. ABU Zaria can never produce such high number of first class even in ten sets.

Then ther's something wrong with the School system if you cannot get atleast 40 first class students out of about 8000 students
Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by MarysMeal: 7:50am On Apr 15, 2016
Great Unimaid!

Those of you saying trash up there don't even know that Unimaid is one of the best in Nigeria.

...if you want to be made come to Unimaid

2 Likes

Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by Diamonddris(m): 7:50am On Apr 15, 2016
tyri
Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by ovikky(f): 7:54am On Apr 15, 2016
U need 2 knw more abt UNIMAID b4 generalising
Oforleta:
It's very easy to make 1st class in any university in the North. Anyway, congrats to them.

3 Likes

Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by tiredface: 8:10am On Apr 15, 2016
NAWA OH
Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by Rajosh(m): 8:16am On Apr 15, 2016
ArchiPelago1:

Then ther's something wrong with the School system if you cannot get atleast 40 first class students out of about 8000 students
Exactly. But what pains me most is that you see fellow Abusites bragging about it and believe that other schools are less competitive.

1 Like

Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by macviv4all: 8:16am On Apr 15, 2016
hyzich:
University of Maiduguri will be honouring 172
graduates who made First Class, the Vice
Chancellor of the institution, Prof. Ibrahim Njodi,
has said.
Briefing journalists ahead of the joint
convocation and 40th anniversary
of the university billed to hold next Saturday,
Njodi explained that the 172 exceptional
students graduated between 2010 and 2015 but
would be honoured at a joint convocation
covering the time.
He said: “The university will finally hold its 22nd
convocation and 40th anniversary for the award
of degrees, diplomas and certificates.
“Summary for the statistics of undergraduate
students shows that a total of 37,259 will be
graduating. It is gratifying to note that 172
students obtained First Class degrees in the five
sets that we are graduating.
“Similarly, statistics for the Postgraduate degree
showed that, 823 students will be graduating
from the school of postgraduate studies. Of this
figure, a total of 192 students will receive
Doctorate Degree, 1,498 Masters Degrees while
2,133 will receive Postgraduate Diploma.”
He also disclosed that 362 students are
expected to receive certificates, while 6,926 will
bag diplomas from the consultancy
services, saying so far the total number of
students who graduated from the university
since its establishment 40 years ago, stood at
According to the VC, during the ceremony, the
institution will confer Honorary Doctorate
Degrees on three personalities, comprising the
former head of state, late Gen. Murtala Ramat
Mohammed, who will be conferred with Doctor
of Laws (Honoris Causa) posthumously.
Others were Prof. Russell Galen Schuh, a
renewed linguist from the University of
California, Los Angeles (UCLA), who would be
awarded a Doctor of Letters (Honoris Causa) as
well ad the Emir of Kano, His
Royal Highness, Muhammadu Sanusi II, who
would be conferred with Doctor of Science,
(Honoris Causa).
The vice chancellor equally hinted that Governor
of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr. Godwin
Emefele is expected to deliver a convocation
lecture on “ Managing the Delimma of
Commodity Price Declines in an
Oil Dependent Economy “
http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/04/14/unimaid-gets-172-first-class-graduates/

Proudly Maidites! The best so far in the North East. Only those that graduated from Unimaid will understand that. It's an honor to be among those that will be receiving the awards
Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by charleslifted(m): 8:18am On Apr 15, 2016
Will forever remain proud of being a MAIDITE... Like our slogan says... IF U WNT TO BE MADE, COME TO UNIMAID... I wunt be surprised if the skool has more than 50 first class in a year.. With little or no social activities, what else do u expect from such students.. Book book book... Despite the insurgency we still stand tall ND focused.. Today, I walk with my shoulders broad ND my head lifted high to say I'm a proud SECOND CLASS UPPER graduate of GEOLOGY.. if u ain't there, u will never know wats up...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by Askubur(m): 8:19am On Apr 15, 2016
172 for 5years 172/5=34
Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by Rajosh(m): 8:21am On Apr 15, 2016
ovikky:
U need 2 knw more abt UNIMAID b4 generalising
Some people just speak without facts. I graduated from ABU Zaria and I know how difficult it is. or is it FUT minna where lecturers are happy for one to fail. I have friends from FUT minna I know how they complain a lot. some people just think education in the north is easy and as such, no competition.
Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by BrainzMan(m): 8:35am On Apr 15, 2016
I know most of the first class graduates can't construct a correct simple sentence or write a good letter........not hating dough...i b first class grauduate frm FUTO,,,statistics,,,2009
lincolnj88:
Great unimaid of before has been reduced to a secondary school... Where person with 150 is now the jamb cutoff point
Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 15, 2016
Peeps be talking trash up there...you have no idea how difficult it is to be a unimaid student. you're forced to snap out of your illusions and face the reality that yes, there's been incessant blasts today, it won't stop your exam from taking place tomorrow and trust me...you cannot afford to spill over shocked ehh? When you wanna leave so bad. Plus...there's no social life in unimaid, the pool has been shut down for years, parties don't happen anymore...well...not so much and yes...unimaid students are very religious (who wouldn't be? )

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by Chommieblaq(f): 8:47am On Apr 15, 2016
Kraspo:

Please stop misleading the public. I graduated with First Class from Unimaid last year. I am a Christian and I hail from Imo state yet I was the only First Class in my department. It can never be reduced to a Secondary school if the definition of Secondary school is something to hold on to. Unimaid is the leading Federal University in the North-East.

Don't mind that person, he thinks Unimaid is child's play, even with the insurgency lecturers no send u , you don't have any choice buh to read hard under such conditions .
Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by lildush(m): 8:52am On Apr 15, 2016
first class ke? uni maid is no longer a university... its a primary school. I saw a final year exams questions paper.. dey were asking d students a true or false questions... eg... oranges grow on a tree.. true or false?..... now tell me ..y wuntvi make 1st class?.... doz first class candidates unimaid produced ... can not make 2nd class lower in uni Ibadan.. or OAU...or ABU Zaria... unimaid is just a social club...
Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by Chommieblaq(f): 8:53am On Apr 15, 2016
Pelmet:
Peeps be talking trash up there...you have no idea how difficult it is to be a unimaid student. you're forced to snap out of your illusions and face the reality that yes, there's been incessant blasts today, it won't stop your exam from taking place tomorrow and trust me...you cannot afford to spill over shocked ehh? When you wanna leave so bad. Plus...there's no social life in unimaid, the pool has been shut down for years, parties don't happen anymore...well...not so much and yes...unimaid students are very religious (who wouldn't be? )

Sister forget those ppl spewing thrash, they can't face what we faced and come out with third class sef.

In Unimaid u don't have any choice than to read and read and read!!!

I was made in Unimaid and am so proud of my school!

2 Likes

Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by Chommieblaq(f): 8:55am On Apr 15, 2016
lildush:
first class ke? uni maid is no longer a university... its a primary school. I saw a final year exams questions paper.. dey were asking d students a true or false questions... eg... oranges grow on a tree.. true or false?..... now tell me ..y wuntvi make 1st class?.... doz first class candidates unimaid produced ... can not make 2nd class lower in uni Ibadan.. or OAU...or ABU Zaria... unimaid is just a social club...

Hahahahaha
Social hub u say! Get your freaking facts right and stop talking thrash.
Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by mosefin19(m): 8:56am On Apr 15, 2016
segxes23:
172/5=34.4. Not bad since even most federal Universities are churning out same 35-40 first class yearly.

yea don't mind them jare they criticise 4 everything... 34 per yr isnt much
Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by mosefin19(m): 8:57am On Apr 15, 2016
segxes23:
172/5=34.4. Not bad since even most federal Universities are churning out same 35-40 first class yearly.

yea don't mind them jare they criticise 4 everything... 34 per yr isnt much nah
Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by esmarcq(m): 9:00am On Apr 15, 2016
Irreplaceable48:
172 ke?? Where's d VC, I need to knw ur own definition of 1st Class!
and whats ur own defination of first class??
Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by ceekak: 9:02am On Apr 15, 2016
well, that's the University I finished from, il say it's the most difficult place to study in Nigeria. No sorting, strict discipline, Harsh weather conditions, insecurity.. Seriously, I spent 5 years there, it's a nice school! and 172 isn't that bad. what impresses me is that, Lecturers don't just care about "sorting".
Re: 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 15, 2016
Chommieblaq:

Sister forget those ppl spewing thrash, they can't face what we faced and come out with third class sef.

In Unimaid u don't have any choice than to read and read and read!!!

I was made in Unimaid and am so proud of my school!

Lol...thanks, I'm yet to leave though smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

WAEC Mass Failure And Recipe For Success / Results To Be Released On Monday- JAMB. / Penalty For Exam Malpractice In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.