Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,750 members, 7,820,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students (15656 Views)

Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students. / UI Admits 3,783 Out Of 56,172 Applicants For 2017/2018 / 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by Blackberrybabes: 7:57am On Apr 17, 2016
University of Maiduguri, Borno State, on Saturday presented first-class degree certificates to 172 students of the institution during its 22nd combined convocation.
The Vice-Chancellor of the institution Prof. Ibrahim Njodi, who, according to the News Agency of Nigeria announced this at the ceremony, said 37, 259 students, comprising five sets of students from 2009 to 2015, graduated at the convocation.

“It is gratifying to inform you that the university graduated five sets of students from 2009/2010, 2010/2011, 2012/2013, 2013/2014, and 2014/2015 academic sessions from 12 colleges, faculties, distance learning centre and 23 affiliated colleges.
“A total of 37, 259 students were graduated. Out of this, 32, 869 were regular students, 841 students were from affiliated colleges and 3,549 students were from the Distant Learning Programme,’’ Njodi said.

He said the university had signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund and Norwegian Embassy to work out a programme on de-radicalisation of repentant members of the Boko Haram terrorists group.
“There is a strong partnership between the university and the UNICEF on safe schools project.
“In this regard, the university will continue to explore all avenues for support and collaborations,’’ Njodi said.

He said there were plans by the university to organise an international conference on Boko Haram terrorism to facilitate research into the mystery behind the group.
According to him, the move is pursuant to President Muhammadu Buhari’s call during his inaugural speech on the need to conduct an in-depth research towards understanding the Boko Haram insurgency.
He said it was also consistent with “our mandate of solving societal problems through research.’’

http://www.punchng.com/unimaid-graduates-172-first-class-students/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by Blackberrybabes: 7:58am On Apr 17, 2016
Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by SweetieConstie(f): 8:03am On Apr 17, 2016
Congratulations to the graduands!grin

WOW!!! 172 first class graduands? That's amazing! grin

2 Likes

Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 17, 2016
congrats to them
Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by 360jamng1: 10:30am On Apr 17, 2016
k
Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by mccoy47(m): 10:30am On Apr 17, 2016
Say what! shocked
Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by malton: 10:30am On Apr 17, 2016
shocked

If they deservingly got it, then I consider them heroes. Its hard enough just to eat in such an environment.

To experience such hell and not only pull through uncremated, but in flying colours is highly praiseworthy.

omogin:
Gworo chewing first class or real southern standard first class

"Real Southern standard first class"? What does that even mean?!

I'm not in the habit of talking nasty of a people, but that really got to me.

Now, I happen to serve in Unizik, Awka. I've been to most higher institutions in the south east and some parts of the SS, I've seen things, quite bad things, but one university stands out, maybe because I happen to be there longer: UNIZIK.

In that school, exam malpractice is almost a norm. Writing exams by proxy, even worse. Especially in faculties like management sciences.

I was shocked last Tuesday when I went to Unizik business school. On my way back downstairs, hall 13, faculty of mgt of course, I saw students, should be 400L cos its so written boldly door top, writing exams but it was something like I've never seen before (actually, I had. Where? Unizik, again!) students were discussing in exam hall as though it were a market square, invigilator, there present. That same day, the faculty of law recorded many casualties as well.

You see final year students with high CGPAs, yet they haven't written more than 4 exams themselves. Irregularities abound. Money can get you almost anything in that school, the women, even less money!

Or is it Anambra state uni where sorting is the only way up?

Fed poly Oko is much in the same brackets.

Abia State uni? Some professors there are not even bachelorly bright!

This place has shown me really, that the clichéd adage "an empty barrel makes the loudest noise" holds true.

I've seen the same patterns in most schools around. Students with good grades who barely know a thing!
How could they when the whole process from the lowest rungs to the zenith are rigged and fraudulent.

Like I said, money gets you anything here, just not much quality!

Up North, at least in most unis I've been to, and especially the one I graduated from, little as a writing on your palm could get you expelled; only pray you don't get caught!

What again did you say the southern standard is?

PS: this is not an attack on Anambra/se institutions, far from it, I'm just driving home a point, only that I'm using facts, drawing from the things that I've seen.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by Wiseoldman: 10:31am On Apr 17, 2016
Cool
Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by mccoy47(m): 10:31am On Apr 17, 2016
Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 17, 2016
grin Even If em graduate one million first class, I would rather get my third Class (God forbid) in the south.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by ricsman(m): 10:32am On Apr 17, 2016
for real?

ok I see distance learning there..... not dat number sha. all of them do distance learning because Western education is forbidding there. BH has being fighting education there and you tell me this people still graduated with what people in a peaceful learning environment can't easily get.

1st class na beans?

1 Like

Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by Aquariann: 10:32am On Apr 17, 2016
That's an average of 34 first class students per set.

who remembers Unimaid that year in Zain Africa challenge. Their representatives were always doing well. God punish bokoboys

Btw, is that their back gate?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by shamecurls(m): 10:33am On Apr 17, 2016
Chisos!

[size=28pt]172![/size]

Give your life to Christ ASAP if University of Maiduguri can graduate172 First class

The end is near......!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by henchamb(m): 10:33am On Apr 17, 2016
SweetieConstie:

WOW!!! 172 first class graduands? That's amazing and way higher than the number of first class graduates other universities turn-out every year!

did you read the article
it's for 5 academic sessions

11 Likes

Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by Symphony007: 10:34am On Apr 17, 2016
What a joke!
Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by omogin(f): 10:34am On Apr 17, 2016
Gworo chewing first class or real southern standard first class

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 17, 2016
cry cry cry[color=#990000][/color]
See as the school gate be like pure water factory

2 Likes

Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by Category1: 10:35am On Apr 17, 2016
[size=15pt]this na news? Mtchewwwww
Their own first class dey equivalent to unilag 3rd class degree.

[/size]

Pple still dey live for maduguri?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by lafex: 10:35am On Apr 17, 2016
Most of u guys don't read the article but just comment anyhow.
A univeRsity graduating 172 out of over 37,000 graduates in five years means that she graduate an average of 35 which too smallaas compared to most schools in the south that over 100 graduates yearly.
I reserve my comment

9 Likes

Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by Originality007: 10:37am On Apr 17, 2016
Something keeps telling me not to belive this, although is non of my biz

1 Like

Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by winkmart: 10:37am On Apr 17, 2016
Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by sunkoye: 10:38am On Apr 17, 2016
SweetieConstie:

WOW!!! 172 first class graduands? That's amazing and way higher than the number of first class graduates other universities turn-out every year!
Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by Pavore9: 10:39am On Apr 17, 2016
Studying there could be de-stabilizing to the mind with Boko boys around the neighbourhood!
Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by sunkoye: 10:40am On Apr 17, 2016
SweetieConstie:

am super sure dia is comprehension issues here...

1 Like

Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by pixtuk(m): 10:40am On Apr 17, 2016
Just 175? for 5 years?
Welcome to Labour market

1 Like

Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by Harkynkunle(m): 10:44am On Apr 17, 2016
Great!!!
Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by hackactigist: 10:44am On Apr 17, 2016
back in the days when first class students were like god but now, it can be purchased or sub-standard!!!!!
Blackberrybabes:
University of Maiduguri, Borno State, on Saturday presented first-class degree certificates to 172 students of the institution during its 22nd combined convocation.
The Vice-Chancellor of the institution Prof. Ibrahim Njodi, who, according to the News Agency of Nigeria announced this at the ceremony, said 37, 259 students, comprising five sets of students from 2009 to 2015, graduated at the convocation.

“It is gratifying to inform you that the university graduated five sets of students from 2009/2010, 2010/2011, 2012/2013, 2013/2014, and 2014/2015 academic sessions from 12 colleges, faculties, distance learning centre and 23 affiliated colleges.
“A total of 37, 259 students were graduated. Out of this, 32, 869 were regular students, 841 students were from affiliated colleges and 3,549 students were from the Distant Learning Programme,’’ Njodi said.

He said the university had signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund and Norwegian Embassy to work out a programme on de-radicalisation of repentant members of the Boko Haram terrorists group.
“There is a strong partnership between the university and the UNICEF on safe schools project.
“In this regard, the university will continue to explore all avenues for support and collaborations,’’ Njodi said.

He said there were plans by the university to organise an international conference on Boko Haram terrorism to facilitate research into the mystery behind the group.
According to him, the move is pursuant to President Muhammadu Buhari’s call during his inaugural speech on the need to conduct an in-depth research towards understanding the Boko Haram insurgency.
He said it was also consistent with “our mandate of solving societal problems through research.’’

http://www.punchng.com/unimaid-graduates-172-first-class-students/
Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by ifeelgood: 10:45am On Apr 17, 2016
The School gate looks so deserted. That pix no be at all.
Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by adedam007(m): 10:46am On Apr 17, 2016
Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by politricks: 10:46am On Apr 17, 2016
shamecurls:
Chisos!

[size=28pt]172![/size]

Give your life to Christ ASAP if University of Maiduguri can graduate172 First class

The end is near......!
Comprehension is the word here. The article stated that they graduated 172 first class for 5(five) sets. I repeat 5(five) sets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students by Joarams(m): 10:47am On Apr 17, 2016
SweetieConstie:

From 5 sets not from a single year

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Steps To Beat The Admission Cut-off Of Any Nigerian University / Federal Poly Nekede Post Utme 2012/2013 / Merriam-webster English Dictionary Adds 640 New Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.