Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) (35507 Views)

Fayose Gives Ekiti Beer Sellers N10m Loan (Photos) / Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ / Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by Haryohdeji(m): 8:30am On Apr 15, 2016
iamauxin:
This guy is a legend.... majority of you don't know that if we borrow this money today, we certainly will repay same tomorrow....thereby making the future more difficult for us. What happened to inward generalising of fund here in Nigeria?

Why can't our president and his Economic advisers( dunno if he has any) devise ways of making money that's distinct from loan

Someone will come and say it's needed to finance our "budget".... that's balderdash!
Now the question is why would someone in his right senses borrow to finance his budget... why not cut it down.
It's just like a school boy who was given two thousand naira as pocket money but while drawing up his budget for the semester, he budgets 10k..... because of the 8k he "would" borrow when he gets to the campus.
Tell me if that's intelligence or sheer stupidity.
This Govt is really a scam... Where is the TSA, all the embezzle Money he collected frm the last regime n co

2 Likes

Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by VellyG(m): 8:30am On Apr 15, 2016
Those of u hurling insults at fayose y'all needs Ur head to be examined. How can u borrow to finance a budget when currently 25perment of our budget still being used to service loans? Meaning in next few years it will skyrocket to 30-35 percent and you know what that means?
We have a very fuçked up finance minister and also PMB needs good advisers to guide him wen taking key decisions like this . This crop of advisers are rookies

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by Lovelife200: 8:34am On Apr 15, 2016
this guy is not helping matter at all, I feel a lot sorry for him cause when his time is up he will be sorry for himself.
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by gahyip(m): 8:36am On Apr 15, 2016
VivianUdeogu:
How I wish Fayose can rule us Igboland. Fayose is greater than all the Governor in Igboland. Fayose is greater than Governor Willie Obiano
close that your dirty mouth you forgot how how Orji uzo kalu was tackling OBJ what was the results empoverished Abia state that was then the den of kidnappers and business shut down the gov has to go on trial later.is a matter of time they will get to fayose's book and his sin will find him soon all nigerian politicians are not clean.is not about making noise and raising alarm rather let him concetrate on giving his people good governance with he feel is available.
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by walex1991(m): 8:36am On Apr 15, 2016
Mumu man...
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by amtaken(f): 8:36am On Apr 15, 2016
Fayose is my kind of person. I totally love this fearless Governor.

Why borrow $2b when you claimed you recovered trillions of dollars from your PDP opponents that you arrested?

You claimed that you got $20b from Dezieani alone yet you went to China to borrow $2b.

The reason why I don't like this APC party is not because they have failed us but because they are liars, propagandists and hypocrites.

Fayose God will protect you my elder brother from another mother.

Mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaah on your forehead.

3 Likes

Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by alt3r3g0: 8:39am On Apr 15, 2016
iamauxin:
This guy is a legend.... majority of you don't know that if we borrow this money today, we certainly will repay same tomorrow....thereby making the future more difficult for us. What happened to inward generalising of fund here in Nigeria?

Why can't our president and his Economic advisers( dunno if he has any) devise ways of making money that's distinct from loan

Someone will come and say it's needed to finance our "budget".... that's balderdash!
Now the question is why would someone in his right senses borrow to finance his budget... why not cut it down.
It's just like a school boy who was given two thousand naira as pocket money but while drawing up his budget for the semester, he budgets 10k..... because of the 8k he "would" borrow when he gets to the campus.

Is the boy borrowing to flex more or start a sustainable business that's profitable enough to make him financially independent?

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by Mike008(m): 8:47am On Apr 15, 2016
iamauxin:

And who says borrowing is not a way of financing a budget?
Or you think Nigeria is the only country that borrows?
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by acevic: 8:48am On Apr 15, 2016
iamauxin:

That schoolboy has no other sources of income. Nigeria has other sources of income that could help pay back the loan if well managed.
Why do you think some big companies still seek loan to fund some of their projects?

You cant compare Nigeria to a school boy. Wrong!
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by iamauxin(m): 8:48am On Apr 15, 2016
alt3r3g0:

Is the boy borrowing to flex more or start a sustainable business that's profitable enough to make him financially independent?
start a sustainable business in campus? Bro...I just drew an analogy...but you're stretching it out of logic

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by usy309(m): 8:49am On Apr 15, 2016
Fayose want to get attention again......He is nkt worth considering....
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by sochima1989(m): 8:50am On Apr 15, 2016
VivianUdeogu:
How I wish Fayose can rule us Igboland. Fayose is greater than all the Governor in Igboland. Fayose is greater than Governor Willie Obiano

chai........fayose wey no dey do anything than to role play.......
am dis dis disappointed.
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by betcindy: 8:51am On Apr 15, 2016
Chinese government should be aware that the loan is to buhari and not to Nigeria. So Chinese be warned.

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by Okijajuju1(m): 8:52am On Apr 15, 2016
Chikpat:

U well so? R u sure Fayose is normal and fit to rule?
Why r igbos unfortunate? What z d blacksmith going to do with iron dross?
Get well n be more reasonable gurl.

Foolishness has no know cure.

Just pray for her and move on.
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by ojuolu(m): 8:53am On Apr 15, 2016
Mokuwe:
He made some vital points though, if all the monies realized from TSA and the ones recovered from looters can be use instead of borrowing. Transfer of technology is the best offer the Chinise govt can do for Nigeria.
Do you guys understand the working of an economy like ours? The history of economic development will vindicate the decision of the Nigerian government in the nearest future. An economy inherited in the troll of death and almost in a state of coma need jump starting. TSA money are mostly generated by agencies, department and parastatal and also left over from budgetary expenditures of this department, ministries and parastatals. Most of these funds will go into recurrent expenditures. Funds recover from looters are subjects and evidences in litigation cases that are arising and will arise in the course of these recoveries. So objectively, we are not suppose to touch the money now. Government agencies such as FIRS, NNPC, NIMASA, and Custom and other revenue generating bodies will generate revenue but we know these revenues will come in on monthly basis. Finance is bridging gaps in expected revenue and proposed expenditures. If the scheduled revenue time frame is not in tandem with the proposed expenditures, external finance is an option. This is the case for Nigeria presently.
Moreover, where did Fayose get loan servicing at 25% of the budget? DMO said 12% and even with the borrowing it will still be less than 16% of the GDP. So who should we believe?
The question i want to ask these people clamouring for other Governors to emulate Governor Fayose, do you prefer Willie Obiano of Anambra to Fayose? Yes for me. Anambra have been having it good in terms of Governors and leaders in the last few years, Peter Obi, Willie Obiano are two governors with progressive minds who keep working when others were and are busy crying. Show me what Fayose has done in two years and i will show you what Willy has done in a year for you to be the judge. Like a commentator said, Fayose lack the ability to see the big picture and in playing opposition, he is causing more damage to the masses than to the government.
Right thinking youths and leaders of thoughts should not play politics with Nigeria's future at this point. US almost default on their debt obligations to China late 2014 and early 2015. Other countries have loan burden. UAE used external finances in building thier major cities and they are reaping the benefit today. The question we should be asking should be about the loan purpose and its sustainability? Let us task our leaders and politicians to ensure there is no diversion and the loan is use to enhance the productive and infrastructural capacities of the nation. These in return could have unbelievable impacts in both the short and long runs.
#GODBLESSNIGERIA#

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by Etinosajay(m): 8:55am On Apr 15, 2016
VivianUdeogu:

I'm sure what you need is a letter writer or a postman, because this greatness you're talking about hasn't helped Ekiti state

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by Okijajuju1(m): 8:55am On Apr 15, 2016
Mike008:

And who says borrowing is not a way of financing a budget?
Or you think Nigeria is the only country that borrows?

If only he knows how much America owes China.. grin

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by Fime2000: 8:58am On Apr 15, 2016
correct, stop he buhari is a thief. loan for wat all d money he collected fr d past thiefs were ar they.

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by brightleave(m): 8:58am On Apr 15, 2016
onojaduru:
Fayose is fearless
Ijiot
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by repogirl(f): 8:58am On Apr 15, 2016
Well, Rash but he does have his points.

These loans are just heaping more burdens on our already tight revenue (or lack of it).

China will not lose anything but Nigeria, due to its lack of checks and improper management of funding will pay heftily for these loans and we might not even have anything to show in the end.
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by Etinosajay(m): 8:59am On Apr 15, 2016
iamauxin:

What is this one saying?

How else will they generate immediate revenue?

They implemented stamp duty, you complained.

If they increase tax, you will call them heartless.

If they increase import duty or raise cost of FG services, you will complain

Oil sells for under $50 per barrel, and it's surplus internationally, meaning our sales may not match that of Saudi, Iran, Russia or venezuela.

How Else do you want the government to raise revenue?

Even the USA borrows

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 15, 2016
I really pity the people of his state that they have a man mentally derailed as a governor,most times we joke with vital issues,though according to evidences before us his election was rigged.The question is why should a man like this govern Ekiti state one of the states with the highest educated people,this shows that some of the sins of GEJ will not be forgiven he wanted politicians who can win election by all means hence this evil done to good people of Ekiti having the worst thug and tout as governor,el-rufia is better than this one

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 15, 2016
Some Nigerians especially Nigerian youths are so I'll informed, ignorant, gullible and very shallow in their thinking. I wonder how we think as Nigerians at times. I see people write that we need a fearless leader like Fayose. I'm really shocked. he may be fearless but his actions are very very uncivilized, uncultured and unpatriotic. Does he speak for Nigerians or just speaking because he appalls Buhari and his policies? this is just a show of shame and ofcoure Fayose has decided to wash our dirty linens in the open for the whole world to see. A president makes a week long trip to negotiate a loan and a governor of a state in that same country is writing to counter it. This is why the West and other countries of the world will never take us serious. What Fayose has just done is pure sabotage and its very unnationalistic and unpatriotic of him and those who support his action.
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by Inani(m): 9:02am On Apr 15, 2016
fammo:
Fayose is making all these noise to have something to say, should d arms of the law finally catch up with him on the rigged election that brought him to power. Watch how he will start crying and saying stuffs like "it's becos I opposed the government I am being persecuted" and some gullible ones will join him in wailing too.
I concur with you, nevertheless he will be face the law if proven guilty
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by continentalceo(m): 9:02am On Apr 15, 2016
VivianUdeogu:
Fayose is the future of Nigerian politics

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by Emmahunk(m): 9:05am On Apr 15, 2016
VivianUdeogu:

Nne, that is a dangerous wish and I pray that God will never answer it.
Can you name one single thing that Fayose has done for Ekiti people besides sharing cups of rice on the streets in the name of stomach infrastructure.
My dear, Obiano though I hardly know him has proven to be a visionary and purposeful leader. He is several milestones ahead of Fayose.
My dear, Fayose is a drowning man. His immunity expires with his tenure and all he is doing is to pave way for himself when he starts seeking asylum in any of these Countries. With this move alone, he has registered himself as a political enemy of this administration to the Chinese government. So, if tomorrow he decides to seek asylum in China ,the Chinese government will have reasons to believe him.
Fayose is a drowning man my dear. Don't be deceived.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by Etinosajay(m): 9:06am On Apr 15, 2016
Chikpat:

Sometimes i wonder if Fayose is the best Ekiti can offer?

Well, presently, he is the best they can offer. Otherwise, they'd have voted someone else
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by Okijajuju1(m): 9:06am On Apr 15, 2016
continentalceo:

Fayose is the future of Nigerian politics

The future?!..

WHy? Because he has closed out which deal of the century in Ekiti State?

Or he has Economically improved Ekiti state in what form?

Or he has set up what groundbreaking Healthcare reform in Ekiti State?

Or what exactly?

Just like Donald Trumps support base is made up of Rednecks and Hillbillies, Fayose support base is made up of Nigeria's Physically and mentally and educationally poor people.

Fayose supporters are generally intellectually bereft.

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by tete7000(m): 9:07am On Apr 15, 2016
Quite sad but apc and its governors unfortunately set the bad precedence with Jonathan administration. This country is sick.

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by OgaInnocent(m): 9:07am On Apr 15, 2016
I also join voice with Fayose, to the letter. Am in full support. 100%.

For those saying " inasmuch as they don't support borrwing, they don't support the letter..." For how long shall we be dying in silence? By d way, what do we have to hide. China has got all they need to spy Nigeria technologically and otherwise.

There is nothing more to hide!

"Since the days of John d Baptist, the Kingdom of God suffereth violence, but only d violent taketh it by force"

He who goes aborrowing goes asorrowing!

Its d Lord who speaks!

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by Etinosajay(m): 9:08am On Apr 15, 2016
bigtt76:
Why are you guys bothered? That letter would not cross Naija. It will end up in some files at the Chinese embassy tongue

As we speak, I am sure whoever received that letter would have long shredded it.

If it were in China, they'd have beheaded him for treason

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by ElCount: 9:09am On Apr 15, 2016
Many people condemning Fayose didn't even read the letter.
With $200billion to be recovered from dubai, 3trillion in TSA, 4.5trillion to be generated from FIRS in 2016 can someone tell me why we still need a loan from China?
Well like he said its for posterity sake so when e go happen una go remember this letter

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim / Number Plate That Reads GMB 2015 / Julius Pondi, Wife & Kids Wear Tompolo's 46th Birthday Customized T-Shirts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.