Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks (15074 Views)

Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery / Senate Halts Port Harcourt Refinery Concession To Agip / Port Harcourt Refinery Begins Production Again – NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by Imastexherbal(m): 8:14am On Apr 15, 2016
Where are the products
Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by Sijo01(f): 8:15am On Apr 15, 2016
Hope they sustain it.
Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by olafum1(m): 8:16am On Apr 15, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Because we are not meeting daily demand from all our refineries.

We need 70 million liters. Our refineries can only produce 17 million, out of which Port produces 5 million.

That means that we have to import from outside...which is becoming costlier thanks to the depreciation of the naira vs the dollar, and thanks to CBN restrictions on forex(to prevent the naira from depreciating faster than it already is).

So, marketers ignore the DPR, and the official price and sell at high prices...so that they can have enough naira to get the dollars they need to import...and at the same time make a profit, so that they can pay their workers adequately.

This has been the narration for the past one month. Isn't not time we get reprieve?
Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by KelvinC1(m): 8:22am On Apr 15, 2016
david22uu:
really, make i park first here
make I enter na..
Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by Sammyprinceson(f): 8:22am On Apr 15, 2016
2dillu2:
Pictures or I don't believe it angry sad

Kill yourself na
Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 15, 2016
olafum1:

This has been the narration for the past one month. Isn't not time we get reprieve?

Right now...there are two ways we can get reprieve

One is by building at least four new refineries....which means that we will be able to reduce imports...and at the same time keep the dollars at home. Problem is...new refineries take at least 4 years to build.

Another way is by deregulation...or removal of subsidy...allowing marketers to set their prices. It would certainly make importing fuel cheaper...and allow marketers make adequate profits. Problem is....this means raising the official price of fuel to above N150. (Nigerians won't like that ...which is why the government is using the euphemism ''Price modulation'' to describe the planned increase in fuel prices)
Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by jarmy: 8:25am On Apr 15, 2016
jojomario:
Enough of these ill working refineries . They work for few weeks and short down for months.
Pipeline vandals keep off our pipelines.

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by banio: 8:33am On Apr 15, 2016
Fuel still #230. These propaganda have not yet bring the price to #86
Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by otokx(m): 8:33am On Apr 15, 2016
Petrol is still 220 per litre in petrol stations in Port Harcourt.
Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by obailala(m): 8:34am On Apr 15, 2016
I think they should really stop announcing these things cos some humans are actually pained by such stories and may quickly go and sabotage some supply pipelines or other facilities.
Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by chukel(m): 8:35am On Apr 15, 2016
This is a very good news. The type I want to hear daily. But if it cannot translate to persistent availability and easy access to pms, then it's rubbish. We should be able to drive into a fuel station and buy pms at government approved price without spending a total of up to 3mins.

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by Abimloaded(m): 8:42am On Apr 15, 2016
olafum1:
Still being sold at #150 here in Akure o
Which filling station in Akure please ?
I also reside in Akure
Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by Fime2000: 8:44am On Apr 15, 2016
lie lie people, stop fooling people u can fool yrself and yr group of thiefs ok.
Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by Nbote(m): 8:59am On Apr 15, 2016
I hope tomorrow we won't hear d other version refuting these claims again. We're really tired of these denials and counter denials after so-called official statements. It's beta dey take their time and let Nigerians know dey're taking their time to fix it rather than claim a fix wen It's not been fixed.
Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by 2sexyus: 9:26am On Apr 15, 2016
Amberon11:
my neighbor works with the refinery, I'd have asked her[b] but she may not even know [/b]sad
grin grin grin grin quite possible

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by dulux07(m): 9:34am On Apr 15, 2016
Pessimistic people everywhere. No wonder d country dey like this.

GOOD NEWS, we want more of this.

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by Deen77: 9:55am On Apr 15, 2016
The question I have been asking for years when I see thousands of trailers parked on the road along Apapa Oshodi express.

Why are we importing what we can refine locally if we build a refinery.

Is a means of employment.

Save our foreign exchange, Forex.

We are going to spend the money on importation of petroleum to develop Nigeria.

Until we stop importing, our economy cannot progress, petroleum is an essential commodities to be importing.

Importation kill d economy.

The greatest failure of PDP government for 16 years of importing petroleum without looking inward to produce locally wasting all the Oil boom on importation and subsidies without saving.
Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by hokafor(m): 9:57am On Apr 15, 2016
All this cock and bull stories portharcourt refinary steaming ,kadunna wating for 10,000000 million barrels of cude. The price of fuel is still high.
Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by erico2k2(m): 10:20am On Apr 15, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Right now...there are two ways we can get reprieve

One is by building at least four new refineries....which means that we will be able to reduce imports...and at the same time keep the dollars at home. Problem is...new refineries take at least 4 years to build.

Another way is by deregulation...or removal of subsidy...allowing marketers to set their prices. It would certainly make importing fuel cheaper...and allow marketers make adequate profits. Problem is....this means raising the official price of fuel to above N150. (Nigerians won't like that ...which is why the government is using the euphemism ''Price modulation'' to describe the planned increase in fuel prices)
Bro Modular refineries wont even take a year to build, we don't need mega units , for a quick fix we need smarter smaller refineries to plug that gap in diff in supply, then once that's achieved and on the long term we can invest in these mega refineries.We can start by building close to source.

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by Ferguson0709: 10:31am On Apr 15, 2016
Please come and sell for free here
Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 15, 2016
Story for the Gods and Buhari zombies
Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by olafum1(m): 10:38am On Apr 15, 2016
Abimloaded:

Which filling station in Akure please ?
I also reside in Akure

Come to Oke ijebu axis
Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by erico2k2(m): 10:53am On Apr 15, 2016
otokx:
Petrol is still 220 per litre in petrol stations in Port Harcourt.
yep I just called now the Mrs bought N220 along the east west rd, few cars on teh Rd still.Biz paralyzed.
Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by diegwu01: 10:53am On Apr 15, 2016
Deen77:
The question I have been asking for years when I see thousands of trailers parked on the road along Apapa Oshodi express.

Why are we importing what we can refine locally if we build a refinery.

Is a means of employment.

Save our foreign exchange, Forex.

We are going to spend the money on importation of petroleum to develop Nigeria.

Until we stop importing, our economy cannot progress, petroleum is an essential commodities to be importing.

Importation kill d economy.

The greatest failure of PDP government for 16 years of importing petroleum without looking inward to produce locally wasting all the Oil boom on importation and subsidies without saving.
Before the refineries are completely fixed and more built, we may still need to import to augment and meet the daily needs, Nigerians are not very patient people, so kachikwus new idea is, flood the stations with products, while refineries are put in place
Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by diegwu01: 10:55am On Apr 15, 2016
jeytee:
Story for the Gods and Buhari zombies
Dont be pained that the Fuel crises is over or are you by chance an Illegal marketer?
Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by Consula: 11:01am On Apr 15, 2016
U r right as that is the only lasting solution to the recurring scarcity. But the question is since no refinery can be completed within 12 months, Are we willing to be patient and understand that the queues will not permanently disappear overnight, at least not with the continued sabotage by oil unions, deport owners, markets and our brothers who continue to bomb pipelines.
Indeed the quickest fix we can get now is COLLOCATION, i just hope the minister is thinking in that direction.
omenka:
True talk. These things are obsolete and need complete replacement.
Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by ossowunmi(m): 11:05am On Apr 15, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Because we are not producing enough. We need 70million liters a day. 5 million liters from one refinery is not going to make much of a difference.

Where did u get ur statistics of 70 million liter of daily consumption ?
Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by erico2k2(m): 11:09am On Apr 15, 2016
diegwu01:

Dont be pained that the Fuel crises is over or are you by chance an Illegal marketer?
Oga Petrol na N220 in PH like this moment.
Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 15, 2016
ossowunmi:

Where did u get ur statistics of 70 million liter of daily consumption ?

Last week, I was listening to a radio programme...where an expert was disputing the figure of 43million liters a day that is flying around.

He said that the 43 million liters a day figure is based on 20 year old estimates...and crucially it does not take into account the amount of PMS used in powering generators then and now.

He also said that our refineries can only meet part of our demand.....like now Port can give us 5million. Assuming all our refineries are like Port...that is 20 million. (Our refineries can only produce 17 million at full capacity).

See the problem?
Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 15, 2016
diegwu01:

Fuel crisis is over in your village abi?....stop deceiving yourself
Re: Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks by Image123(m): 11:23am On Apr 15, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Because we are not producing enough. We need 70million liters a day. 5 million liters from one refinery is not going to make much of a difference.

Its actually 40million not 70million, take note.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oshodi Transformation Will Depict The New Face Of Lagos - Ambode / APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature / PDP Leaders And Anambra Governorship Aspirants Meet In Enugu Government House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.