Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature (15075 Views)

Again, Protest Rocks Ogun Over Naira Scarcity, Banks Burnt / Hon Akinlade Abiodun Isiaq Pick Apc Senatorial Form / BREAKING: Court Nullifies Candidature Of PDP Gubernatorial Candidate In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by BeautifulMind2: 6:49am On Oct 23, 2018
Two groups of protesters on Monday demonstrated peacefully in Abeokuta, Ogun State, over the controversial governorship primary of the All Progressives Congress (APC) which produced two candidates, Adekunle Akinlade and Dapo Abiodun.

Akinlade was a product of the primary conducted by Ogun State APC, while Abiodun emerged through primary conducted by a panel set up by the National Working Committee (NWC) of the party.Abiodun’s candidature, however, had been ratified by the NWC, but Governor Ibikunle Amosun had equally insisted that Akinlade, who is his anointed successor, remains the official candidate.

The first group of protesters under the aegis of Ogun progressive students, Ogun Youth Assembly, Coalition of Ogun Traders and some civil societies staged a peaceful protest at Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ) secretariat in Abeokuta against what they described as “determined mission of Amosun to drag the hard earned integrity of Ogun state into mud”.

The placard carrying pro-Abiodun protesters also passed vote of confidence on the National Chairman of the party, Adams Oshiomole.

Some of their placards reads: “Adams Oshiomole don’t compromise, Protect our mandate. Don’t compromise, Dapo Abiodun is our man. Don’t kill democracy, the voice of the people must be heard. Amosun beware!!!”.
Speaking on behalf of the groups, Abdulkabiru Ayoola said the groups would see any candidate aside Abiodun as against the people’s decision, saying “The conscious-minded Ogun state citizens have observed with keen interest the continued insistence of Governor Amosun to indirectly run a third term government by imposing his solely anointed candidate”.

The second group of protesters comprising councillors elected on the platform of APC stormed the state government’s Secretariat at Oke Mosan, Abeokuta, asking the NWC of the party to recognise Akinlade’s candidature.

The councillors who were armed with placards with various inscriptions, which read: ‘We want justice in Ogun APC, give us Triple A’, ‘Oshiomhole, Osinbajo, we want justice in Ogun State and ‘Minority cannot take charge over majority’, among others.

They were said to be on solidarity visit to the seat of government to register their demand with the state governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun.

The state chairman of the APC, Chief Derin Adebiyi, later addressed them.

He commended for the peaceful manner they conducted themselves, but further warning them never to resort to violence.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/apc-crisis-counter-protests-in-ogun-over-akinlade-abioduns-candidature.html

1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by projectTopicsNg: 10:11am On Oct 23, 2018
When will this issue end. Am tired of hearing APC

9 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by BruncleZuma: 10:11am On Oct 23, 2018
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by Richdad50(m): 10:11am On Oct 23, 2018
The South West is sitting on a gun powder that might explodes in months to come. When a group of people or region is driven by an agenda coming from one man or family, there is bound to be dissent with time. I have read and studied extensively on Kings, Rules, and Leadership for years and i have come to discover that when leaders, Kings or people in position stop listening, they start the beginning of their end.
Tinubu may well be one of the finest politicians to ever come from the west but he may end as the last of them all. Never will the people give one man a stretch of power from the shores of Lagos to the thick forest of Ondo.
See! Nigeria Leaders are dysfunctional, unpatriotic, and belligerent to nation building. It will be foolhardy to think that our rescue lies in the hands of these 'tested and failed men'. I have long lost hope and dream on a better nation through the present norm unless something drastic happens.
However, i believe in you and i to keep oiling our courage and faith for the future. That one day we will wake to a better future for our children.
NB: Please these thoughts are not for the 'like' hunters, irrational, and junk hearted folks who have further sold their illogical minds for a few unseen and intangible approval

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by cosmatika(m): 10:12am On Oct 23, 2018
God has finally remembered Nigeria. There's problem in the enemy's camp grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by inoki247: 10:12am On Oct 23, 2018
too much joblessness d federal Government should pack dem all and use dem for Money Ritual and pump the money in d Economy abi na by Force to Vote ur Party find another party to Vote and move on...
Re: APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by shaddoww: 10:12am On Oct 23, 2018
London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down..........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by Moreoffaith(m): 10:12am On Oct 23, 2018
grin grin grin grin

Very useless governor

Amosun and abandon project are like 5 and 6

Why must your candidate emerge as the flag bearer if not that you have something to cover up..

The useless man still carry some OIL AND GAS OBAS go aso rock so Buhari go endorse am, but baba say No.

Some people wicked for this naija.

6 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by helinues: 10:12am On Oct 23, 2018
Peacefully!! fair enough

They should settle their scores without affecting other people

2 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by ShameOnAPC: 10:12am On Oct 23, 2018
Same way APC lose in Osun by imposition of Oyetola, APC will also lose in Ogun.

Atikulate all the way

2 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by Fogman(m): 10:13am On Oct 23, 2018
APC primaries controversies will be there greatest enemy
Re: APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 23, 2018
God please keep these confusion among them till March 1st 2019 after which they will realise they have lost everything.

3 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by XaintJoel20: 10:14am On Oct 23, 2018
A house divided against itself will not stand...
Re: APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by eneyoduke(m): 10:16am On Oct 23, 2018
The Army of the zoo killed my dog Jack and a few other people in my compound, I will return with hell!!!
Re: APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by biggy26: 10:16am On Oct 23, 2018
Amosun will work for opposition.
Re: APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by boyejo: 10:17am On Oct 23, 2018
Amosun that usually talks to the councillors any how. The man is so full of himself. As far as I am concern, he is a failure and Ogun State don't want another failure in person of Akinlade.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

He should go and learn how to humble himself.

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 23, 2018
APC DOGS. Real fools
Re: APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by Ventura1: 10:21am On Oct 23, 2018
Fools on rampage..

1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by BabaO2: 10:21am On Oct 23, 2018
Fresh air is better in Ogun State, Amosun and his camp in APC should just stay out of governance this time around. Amosun talks too much with little to show for it on the ground, every boundary between Lagos and Ogun, the Ogun State end is always terrible inward as if they are not human beings. I wish Dapo Abiodun all the best.

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by mbjsuki(m): 10:21am On Oct 23, 2018
Amosun will not laugh last on this case.
The NWC nominated candidate will surely be selected.
All what he Amosun wants is someone he can control while he is in Senate to enable he have access to state fund!
He is a crook and a certified liar with a doctorate degree.
This protest is and must have been sponsored by him and no other. He wants to bend and force the state chapter of APC into submission.

It's not a must that your anointed candidate must be accepted. If his concerns are sincere and progressive as claimed by him then anyone can continue from where he assumed he has started.

Meanwhile for me there's no visible project or blueprint from him for anyone to follow. The attempt here is to cover his tracks and the funds looted!
Re: APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by humberjade: 10:22am On Oct 23, 2018
I really do not care, as far as it was a peceful protest.. grin

All i want is for an Ogun West person to succeed Amosun irrespective of political platform...enough of Ogun East and Central using us to gain power...they promise us their support to help us succeed them...only for d other one to sing a different tone later on.

If dis unending crisis is what will deliver the people of Ogun West from this backwardness...it is so much welcome...u need to visit d dome to know how underdeveloped d district is.
Re: APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 23, 2018
Richdad50:
The Southeast is sitting on a gun powder that might explodes in months to come. When a group of people or region is driven by an agenda coming from Llamadi Cownu, there is bound to be dissent with time. I have read and studied extensively on Kings, Rules, and Leadership for years and i have come to discover that when leaders, Kings or people in position stop listening, they start the beginning of their end.

Fixed

3 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by thatigboman: 10:25am On Oct 23, 2018
projectTopicsNg:
When will this issue end. Am tired of hearing APC
very soon. Feb 2019 is not far, let us send d clowns packing
Re: APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by fergie001: 10:26am On Oct 23, 2018
Rubbish news, rubbish party, rubbish leadership....

The only positive is the "Triple A" inscription.......reminds me as I pay tribute to Joseph Anoa'i as he fights Leukemia.......whips its ass and returns.........
Re: APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by Realdeals(m): 10:28am On Oct 23, 2018
GNI will reap from this infighting... He will get block vote from Yewa and majority from Egba, while Lado and Dapo split the vote from Ijebu. The only thing that can reduce his chance is Akinlade, which I don't see happening.

2 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by Maxymilliano(m): 10:31am On Oct 23, 2018
Arrangee protests ...
Re: APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by sokera: 10:34am On Oct 23, 2018
Realdeals:
GNI will reap from this infighting... He will get block vote from Yewa and majority from Egba, while Lado and Dapo split the vote from Ijebu. The only thing that can reduce his chance is Akinlade, which I don't see happening.
what party is Lado ? What party is GNI
Re: APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by Realdeals(m): 10:36am On Oct 23, 2018
sokera:
what party is Lado ? What party is GNI

Lado is PDP, GNI is ADC
Re: APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by slivertongue: 10:40am On Oct 23, 2018
APC will lose ogun. a house divided against itself will fall
Re: APC Crisis: Counter Protests In Ogun Over Akinlade, Abiodun’s Candidature by sokera: 10:45am On Oct 23, 2018
Realdeals:

Lado is PDP, GNI is ADC
thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ganduje Approves N110m To Non-existent Company For 1km Road - PRNigeria / PDP Board Of Trustees’ Member Decamps To APC / 'N800m Paid To Bandits': FG Won’t Pay Ransom - Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.