Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget (2401 Views)

Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara / NASS Will Not Override President’s Veto On 2016 Budget —dogara / Budget: NASS To Override Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by Kcinho(m): 6:46am On Apr 15, 2016
Controversy over the 2016 budget is
far from over, as Senate President
Bukola Saraki has moved against
attempt by President Muhammadu
Buhari to doctor the 2016 budget.

The Senate president has therefore
insisted on overriding the president’s
veto at the expiration of 30 days
according to the constitution.

According to a source, Saraki has
initially refused to attend a meeting
with the vice president, Yemi
Osinbajo, and the speaker of the
House of Representatives, Yakubu
Dogara, to solicit the assistance of
the leaders of the National Assembly
to include fresh details omitted by
the presidency in the 2016
Appropriation Bill.

But after pleading from chief of
staff to President Buhari, Abba
Kyari, to Saraki, he later attended
the meeting where he reportedly told
the vice president that, “You can’t
strip us naked in public and then
dress us in white robes behind closed
doors.

“Sorry Mr. Vice President, we cannot
help you; let us continue to follow
the law and abide with our
constitutional duties in the interest
of Nigeria,” Saraki reportedly told
Osinbajo in refusal to manipulate the
contents of the 2016 budget through
the backdoor.

Speaker Yakubu Dogara was also said
to have re-echoed what Saraki said,
noting clearly that the president and
his top officials had repeatedly
abused the fundamentals for any
cordial relationship.

Saraki is facing trial at the Code of
Conduct Tribunal, CCT, for
discrepancies observed in his asset
declaration while he served as a two-
term governor of Kwara State.

The trial is believed to be a political
witch-hunt masterminded by the
presidency and some elements within
the ruling All Progressives Congress,
APC, who were unhappy with Saraki’s
emergence as Senate president.

President Buhari, a retired military
general himself, was said to have
described Saraki’s emergence as a
“coup.”

http://www.thebreakingtimes.com/national-assembly-move-to-override-buharis-veto-on-2016-budget/
Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by Nobody: 6:47am On Apr 15, 2016
Way to go!! I like the way Saraki addressed Osinbanjo just like the ordinary commissioner that he is

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by buzquet(m): 6:51am On Apr 15, 2016
dreamers.
Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by ticker(m): 6:53am On Apr 15, 2016
This people dnt have d interest of d masses at heart. with all this diversions, When will they sign the budget and start d work they are voted to do.
Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by Oforleta(m): 6:54am On Apr 15, 2016
Ok..
Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by DonMaxxy(m): 6:56am On Apr 15, 2016
Very soon, PMB will learn the difference between "June" and "July", "Military dictatorship" and "Democracy", "1983 Nigeria" nd "2016 Nigeria".

No president toils with the senate any where in the world. I bet he will learn all these through the hard way.

Good morning PMB, welcome to Nigeria. No one is indispensable here, not even you. Ask the man named GEJ, he lives in Otuoke; he will tell you more.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by Caseless: 6:57am On Apr 15, 2016
Let's see who blinks first.

I see the useless NASS doing that first...
Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by Pidggin(f): 7:00am On Apr 15, 2016
Saraki truly deserves to be the Senate President

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by pacino26(m): 7:03am On Apr 15, 2016
In Mortal Combat.

It's just the masses will bear the weight of this two elephants.
Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by stzy(m): 7:04am On Apr 15, 2016
This iswhy a democratic government is hard... There are people u must please to move forward

Just like in a factory... Production manager has to have understanding with the quality control manager or nothing will leave the production floor

He's even lucky APC has majority of senators if not... Hisasss would v neen on the street since

3 Likes

Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by ogaontop(m): 7:04am On Apr 15, 2016
Whether He Is Facing Trial Or Not, While Would The Budget Be Doctored?

After All The Padding Controversy

4 Likes

Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by yaki84: 7:08am On Apr 15, 2016
comment reserved till I hear from my oga at d top.

u dont expect me to say one thing and my oga say another, lets wait for him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by magicalx(m): 7:11am On Apr 15, 2016
When the government in power are learners, even Obama Dey lobby legislators but our executive want to disgrace the house in public and beg in private shior!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by omenka(m): 7:15am On Apr 15, 2016
Breakingtimes??
La read la die.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by Trut(m): 7:18am On Apr 15, 2016
omenka:
Breakingtimes??

La read la die.

Yes, breaking times. Whether u read oo or no read oo, la die already get u by fulani nomads grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by Frankiss44(m): 7:20am On Apr 15, 2016
Games of thrones season 6 featuring Buhari Lannister, Saraki Stark and Dagora Tygerian.. We are watching

2 Likes

Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by Flyingngel(m): 7:25am On Apr 15, 2016
Nigeria politic is like a fight between devil and his subordinates.

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 15, 2016
I have always supported saraki as senate president against apc wish... because everyone would be on their toes and looking behind their shoulders, thereby.. more work, less looting...

Cordial relationship breeds corruption among politicians..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by eddyroyal(m): 7:31am On Apr 15, 2016
Is ok, ledem kwantinew.
Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by EasternActivist: 7:32am On Apr 15, 2016
Saraki is the man...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by 201320142015ob(m): 7:34am On Apr 15, 2016
the traveler is yet to visit his country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by seunmsg(m): 7:38am On Apr 15, 2016
chukwudi44:
Way to go!! I like the way Saraki addressed Osinbanjo just like the ordinary commissioner that he is

This news is as fake as it comes. Breakingtimes is a discredited propaganda platform that spews lies without shame.

Even if Saraki desire to override the presidents veto, he will need the support of 2/3 of senate and house of reps members. He can never get that figure both in the senate and in the house.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 15, 2016
magicalx:
When the government in power are learners, even Obama Dey lobby legislators but our executive want to disgrace the house in public and beg in private shior!

Buhari is still learning democracy,i really feel for his political naivety

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 15, 2016
seunmsg:

This news is as fake as it comes. Breakingtimes is a discredited propaganda platform that spews lies without shame.

Even if Saraki desire to override the presidents veto, he will need the support of 2/3 of senate and house of reps members. He can never get that figure both in the senate and in the house.

okay we are watching.Same way you people said Saraki would not be elected senate president because your jagagbantis was all mighty and powerful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by Volksfuhrer(m): 7:51am On Apr 15, 2016
Shakara from Saraki and co. Let's see how far this gets them. Can you imagine! Corrupt legislators doing "gragra" and using ogboju. I think it's time PMB took off his kid gloves; it's high time he switched to playing "hard-core" politics. Perhaps, a few more senators need the attention of the EFCC! (The last sentence na joke o grin)
Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by Achuwa1(m): 7:58am On Apr 15, 2016
if senate or saraki talks,,antiwailers will say they dont hAVE THE MASSES @ HEART,but if buhari talk they will say 'i stand with buhari'
how can naija grow when zombies are supporting evil

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by omogin(f): 8:04am On Apr 15, 2016
Waking up to buharis several foolish actions makes me want to use this visa. How on earth can any country vote this thing as President

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 15, 2016
Their fight is our gain. If they are cordial, they will share the money.

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by modath(f): 8:30am On Apr 15, 2016
Same exact article with different title was posted not too long ago!! Na wah! Make una dey fool unasefs! smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/3048511/showdown-saraki-blocks-buharis-backdoor
Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by Ratello: 8:34am On Apr 15, 2016
Override ko, overtake in, Joke of the Year!
Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by enlightenedmind: 8:37am On Apr 15, 2016
DonMaxxy:
Very soon, PMB will learn the difference between "June" and "July", "Military dictatorship" and "Democracy", "1983 Nigeria" nd "2016 Nigeria".

No president toils with the senate any where in the world. I bet he will learn all these through the hard way.

Good morning PMB, welcome to Nigeria. No one is indispensable here, not even you. Ask the man named GEJ, he lives in Otuoke; he will tell you more.

Pmb knows this. That is d only reason saraki is still in that chair.

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Move To Override Buhari’s Veto On 2016 Budget by tigerclaws: 8:41am On Apr 15, 2016
omenka:
Breakingtimes??

La comment la die.
just do the needful and thank me later

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rotimi Is A Big Shame To Lawyers / Obj:where Are The Snipers? / Good News! Donald Trump Opens First African Branch In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.