Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,436 members, 7,823,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff - Jobs/Vacancies (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff (731295 Views)

FIRS To Recruit 7,500 Graduates And 5,000 Non-Graduates / Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) Job Recruitment Of 1,250 New Staff / Lagos State To Recruit 1,000 Teachers Into Secondary Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by praxs(m): 10:31pm On Nov 13, 2016
Firs isnt inviting any random applicant. The 350 applicants invited last month were the big boys children. The remaining slot wil stil be recruited secretly. The bitter truth is nigerians were deceived regrding diz recruitment. If u have something at hand, hold on to it and move on.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Makudus(m): 11:27pm On Nov 13, 2016
praxs:
Firs isnt inviting any random applicant. The 350 applicants invited last month were the big boys children. The remaining slot wil stil be recruited secretly. The bitter truth is nigerians were deceived regrding diz recruitment. If u have something at hand, hold on to it and move on.
you mean only those with connection at d top will be invited for their APL,
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by cunlay007(m): 6:31pm On Nov 15, 2016
any updated info?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Makudus(m): 7:06pm On Nov 15, 2016
Revelation have emerged as to why the senate refused to approve 2016 firs budget asides the execuse that it was paddle,a source reveals that refusal by firs to honour a list of job applicants from the senate in its ongoing recruitment exercise led to the face-off..for more check NIGERIAN NEWSPAPER

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:10pm On Nov 15, 2016
How true is this your info? Cos the Fowler I know does not believe in due process and will not reject a list from the senate.
Makudus:
Revelation have emerged as to why the senate refused to approve 2016 firs budget asides the execuse that it was paddle,a source reveals that refusal by firs to honour a list of job applicants from the senate in its ongoing recruitment exercise led to the face-off..for more check NIGERIAN NEWSPAPER
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by cunlay007(m): 8:22pm On Nov 15, 2016
Makudus:

Hmmm Mr Fowler couldn't ve rejected showing them d list cos Senators and House of Rep Members slot may constitute more than 15% of total slot,I Thnk it's beyond d job thing mayb kickback regarding leftover of overheadcost......speculation ooooo
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Yksoul(m): 8:54pm On Nov 15, 2016
IF THE SENATE LISTS ARE ADOPTED I THINK WE WILL BE LEFT WITH 300 OR 200 SLOTS.PLEASE,LETS GIVE THE POOR AND THOSE WHO HAVE NO GODFATHERS A CHANCE IN THIS COUNTRY.ENOUGH OF SELF-IMPOSED SLAVERY!

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by lulucious(f): 2:20am On Nov 16, 2016
[quote author=Yksoul post=51064434]IF THE SENATE LISTS ARE ADOPTED I THINK WE WILL BE LEFT WITH 300 OR 200 SLOTS.PLEASE,LETS GIVE THE POOR AND THOSE WHO HAVE NO GODFATHERS A CHANCE IN THIS COUNTRY.ENOUGH OF SELF-IMPOSED SLAVERY![/More revelations have emerged as to why the Senate refused to approve the 2016 budget of Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) asides the excuse that it was padded.

According to multiple sources familiar with the genesis of the frosty relationship between the Senate leadership and FIRS, the refusal by the revenue-generating agency to honour a list of job applicants from the Upper Legislative Chamber in its ongoing recruitment exercise led to the face-off.

It was gathered that committee chairmen, numbering 64 in the Senate, submitted one name each for employment to the agency. Each principal officer submitted five names too, all amounting to over one hundred.

When the names were submitted to the chairman of FIRS, Dr Babatunde Fowler‎ by the Senate committee chairman on Finance, Senator John Enoh on behalf of the Senate, he accepted, but refused to include them in the final recruitment list.

‎Angered by the development, the Senate took its pound of flesh on Thursday, when it made available a copy of the alleged over-bloated budget to Senate Correspondents.

According to the details of the budget, a copy of which was obtained by Ripples Nigeria, FIRS budgeted N960 million for purchase of computer equipment, N1.560 billion for purchase of office equipment, while N440 million went into supplies of office materials.

Similarly, office maintenance is to gulp N530 million and N170 was budgeted for maintenance of office generator.

According to the committee’s report, N700 million was budgeted for fueling of utility vehicles, while N750 million was budgeted on purchase of fuel for power generating sets.

Read also: Presidency, ministry faceoff deepens over airport concession plans

The agency also budgeted N586 million for refreshment. N200 million was budgeted for sporting activities.

About N446 million is to be spent on training, while N885 million will go into payment of rents for offices. Electricity will gulp N500 million, while telephone calls will take N320 million. Internet connection is expected to gulp N300 million and office fumigation will gulp N750 million.

The Senate, during the clause to clause consideration of the committee’s report, discovered that almost every item listed as part of capital expenditures were captured in the 2015 budget of the agency.

It is however unclear if Dr Fowler will back pedal and accommodate the list sent to him by the Senate. In the event that it fails to honour the list, the Senate, it was gathered, may reduce the budget of the agency by over 30 per cent.

Beside the budget of FIRS, there are 29 budgets of other departments and agencies of the Federal Government currently before the Senate which are yet to be approved.]
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Monicks: 2:26am On Nov 16, 2016
Before we knew it, they already started sharing 'Tear rubber' P... 508. I wonder how short it took 'them them' to approve their own N3.6b budget for car gifts, when "there are 29
budgets of other departments and agencies of
the Federal Government currently before the
Senate which are yet to be approved".

What 'luxury' at this period of reduced economic activity.

A day will come when the people will not only vote them in or out but also vote their benefits and allowances somehow.
This car matter just dey vex me o! N3.6b?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Makudus(m): 9:10am On Nov 16, 2016
this APC administration is not for we poor nigerians,we must look for PDP in 2019,or else
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by ola123olu: 11:46am On Nov 16, 2016
What is the difference btw APC and PDP? The umbrella and the broom. It is still the same old familair foes that has continue to hold nigeria to ransom. The same old recycled politicians that doesn't want growth for the country. I think its getting to a point where Nigerians needs to take the bull by the horn, fight for their rights and not take sides with those destroying their dreams. Enough of APC & PDP.

4 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nafizzey(m): 6:11pm On Nov 16, 2016
cunlay007:
any updated info?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by tee4naija(m): 6:56pm On Nov 16, 2016
N750 million each for fuelling generating set and for fumigation in one fiscal year! WTF?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Sabr: 10:07pm On Nov 16, 2016
Awedman:
Can't believe that I can be among the 500 pple shortlisted,waiting for my appointment letter. Praise God with me my people.
Congratulations brother
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nafizzey(m): 10:35pm On Nov 16, 2016
Please what is is happening to this recruitment? Honestly Is getting long overdue. Nairalanders that work there should come and brief us with factual latest happenings/updates about this recruitment. Thank you
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Monicks: 7:44am On Nov 17, 2016
tee4naija:
N750 million each for fuelling generating set and for fumigation in one fiscal year! WTF?
For an agency as large as this? I think it's worth it. Besides, I don't believe it's heavily padded if at all. How about the N3.6b for 360 lawmakers on Luxery Cars alone? The same people who can afford almost anything in Naija including flight tickets any day!

Luxery cars from Government coffer to people who can even afford them on their own is an act of wickedness to the people especially at this critical time when, getting out of recession is not even certain come 2017.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Monicks: 8:13am On Nov 17, 2016
Monicks:

For an agency as large as like this? I think it's worth it. Besides, I don't believe it's heavily padded if at all. How about the N3.6b for 360 lawmakers on Luxery Cars alone? The same people who can afford almost anything in Naija including flight tickets any day!

Luxery cars from Government coffer to people who can even afford them on their own is an act of wickedness to the people especially at this critical time when, getting out of recession is not even certain come 2017.

It's another week today guys, let's just pray and hope that the amended budget report will be approved, so as to know the way forward.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Makudus(m): 12:14pm On Nov 17, 2016
Its up to you aisa6773
Nafizzey:
Please what is is happening to this recruitment? Honestly Is getting long overdue. Nairalanders that work there should come and brief us with factual latest happenings/updates about this recruitment. Thank you
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by SenatorJChris: 6:30pm On Nov 17, 2016
The report on FIRS 2016 budget was not considered by the NGRSenate in today's plenary as some items on the order paper were adjourned to next Tuesday's plenary. The waiting continues....
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Yammama(m): 1:39am On Nov 18, 2016
Dis recruitment is overdue abeg adjournment like say 2morow no dey
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Monicks: 4:50pm On Nov 18, 2016
Na Wa o! Bombshell?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by spenca: 12:10pm On Nov 19, 2016
Transparency

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by spenca: 12:14pm On Nov 19, 2016
Recruitment

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by oyeludef(m): 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2016
spenca:

Recruitment
boss whats happening with the recruitment na? Any information as to wen ppl will start getting invites?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by denclen(m): 6:01pm On Nov 19, 2016
oyeludef:
boss whats happening with the recruitment na? Any information as to wen ppl will start getting invites?

The recruitment has been hijacked by those in power. I thought with Buhari in power, the ordinary man would benefit but it is now obvious that Bohari government is very corrupt: nothing is working anymore.

2 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by aisa6773(m): 12:01pm On Nov 23, 2016
I kept quiet for a while in this forum because of some peoples' behaviour towards me, I am here only to give information to those that will believe me.

The truth is that candidates that are qualified for the interview had been selected and invitations will be send in due course.

The reason for the delay is due to ongoing promotion exercise in the agency. May God help us all.

4 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 23, 2016
aisa6773:
I kept quiet for a while in this forum because of some peoples' behaviour towards me, I am here only to give information to those that will believe me.

The truth is that candidates that are qualified for the interview had been selected and invitations will be send in due course.

The reason for the delay is due to ongoing promotion exercise in the agency. May God help us all.

You're right. but the truth is that we no longer know when they will eventually invite the selected ones for test. Even some high ranking officials of firs doesn't know so let's wait and see what God will do
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by oyeludef(m): 2:41pm On Nov 23, 2016
aisa6773:

ok bros no vex. thanks for the info
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Foxie: 2:49pm On Nov 23, 2016
aisa6773:

Sir, thank you for the timely info. @ the emboldened, does it mean it will be straight to interview and no more test?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by JojoA(f): 2:55pm On Nov 23, 2016
Please what should we read for the test and interview. Thanks
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Emmysteve(m): 3:23pm On Nov 23, 2016
JojoA:
Please what should we read for the test and interview. Thanks
Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (124) (Reply)

NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 / Etisalat Customer Care Job / Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.