Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? (37591 Views)

Shehu Sani Awaiting Trial For Treason At Kirikiri Prison In 1995 (Throwback Pic) / Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ / Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 15, 2016
The guy was correct with the usage. All he meant was Fayose is inconsequential to the Chinese: even though he is relevant in Nigeria.

So you need to go back to school, maybe enjoy some free education, to fully understand meaning of words in a context.....lol

PhockPhockMan:

A governor of a state in a country is now described as inconsequential.

IMAGINE.

That's why I don't trust any product of free education.
Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by Rexnegro(m): 6:00pm On Apr 15, 2016
repogirl:
Treason? undecided Really?

Fayose listed his reasons and he wasn't lying about any of it.

That's what's called OPPOSITION, not treason!
what happened to him gently, politely And responsibly telling mr president this since he has access to him rather than going to write China govt to against nigeria? playing opposition should Your love for The con3 first from Your point of view as opposition ...but his own opposition shows notin but bitterness And hatred for pmb...besides don't pdp has spokeman again? why be say na only him carry The opposition for head pass The whole of The pdp party....
Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by Ibudus: 6:06pm On Apr 15, 2016
Fayose is a monkey running after bananas. He is a magot. This guy is fooling himself looking for some publicity, very cheap ones. He cant stop Buhari and his cup will soon full.
Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by unitysheart(m): 6:16pm On Apr 15, 2016
UEK33:
Fayose is a member of the national executive council and reserves the right to air his view in matters that concerns Nigeria...

The details of that borrowing is not transparent and should not be allowed.

Olodo, you mean PDP NEC, right?
Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by Jonnie2time: 6:26pm On Apr 15, 2016
Fayose seems desperate to watch this government fail, and if it does as he and other wailers wish,we shall all face the consequences. So why pray that a government ordained and allowed by God too fail. Let's all pray and wish Nigeria well as the PMB lead government commences implementation of his plans for this great Nation.
Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by Localamos(m): 6:33pm On Apr 15, 2016
ufumes:
I feel he is just being courageous to bear his mind.

A house divide, against itself cannot stand. Fayose is causing more havoc than good for the country.

And he's doing this, not for national interest, BUT for his own selfish political aspirations. Don't be surprised when his poster comes out for Aso Rock 2019.

1 Like

Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by BuddhaPalm(m): 6:35pm On Apr 15, 2016
Chubhie:

I heard Madueke returned $90 billion.

grin grin grin

Very funny. How much money is in the whole world.
Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by HRich(m): 6:40pm On Apr 15, 2016
ArchiPelago1:
When I heard about Fayose's purpoted letter to the Chinese government, I dismissed it as a Rumour. But today, pictures have been going round social media of a copy of the letter telling the Chinese government not to loan us the money we are asking for... This clearly shows that Fayose is working against the interest of Nigeria.

In Law, Treason is the crime that covers some of the EXTREME acts against ones Nation or Sovereign. In my opinion Fayose's letter is treasonable and to be fair he must be given the "Nnamdi Kanu treatment" (Immunity or no Immunity).

Click to read the letter if you missed it https://www.nairaland.com/3049293/fayoses-letter-chinese-government-stop
Go and Sleep.
Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by HRich(m): 6:42pm On Apr 15, 2016
BuddhaPalm:

grin grin grin

Very funny. How much money is in the whole world.
Do you people want to also borrow all the money that's in the World?
Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 15, 2016
kenny987:
This word 'Treason' has become the favorite lexicon of some ignorant people. They no longer understand or try to find out the ingredients of the offence... sad undecided

The key ingredient for treasonable felony is is - what constitutes waging war against the state? Is it limited to force of arms or can it include attempting to subvert the will of government using access to privileged information, spreading of rumour, innuendo; all intended to overawe the president and change the direction of government? My view is Fayose has not committed treason.

Reason?

Truth is nobody inside or outside Nigeria is listening to Fayose. He is not credible and as such I would not regard him as guilty of treasonable felony. He is more of a nuisance to those who listen to him. As a threat he is not credible.

PMB is ignoring him, the international community is ignoring him, papers are using him to sell newspapers. People prejudiced against PMB are buying, others are not. End of story.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by BuddhaPalm(m): 6:50pm On Apr 15, 2016
tarekamos:

If you are sincerely not on the payroll of Fayose, does Buhari look like somebody that can give out Nigeria's 2billion dollars to reward any loyal party man? Please answer this question with all sincerity and fear of God. Buhari is not a waster, he's not Jonathan and that explained why right thinking people like me voted for him.

Let's forget what he looks like, for now. That's a matter for another day.

The terms of the deal leaves us with the shorter end of the stick.

As for your last point, I agree. Jonathan was very wasteful, unfortunately, so is Buhari.
Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 6:53pm On Apr 15, 2016
tarekamos:

If you are sincerely not on the payroll of Fayose, does Buhari look like somebody that can give out Nigeria's 2billion dollars to reward any loyal party man? Please answer this question with all sincerity and fear of God. Buhari is not a waster, he's not Jonathan and that explained why right thinking people like me voted for him.
No wonder they call you all Zombie
Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 15, 2016
Im just here to ask if dem dey sell fuel for una ends...
Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by eROCK247(m): 7:08pm On Apr 15, 2016
Adaure4ever:
when Buhari said that "Monkeys and Baboons will be soaked in blood if he does not win 2011 election"
was he charged of treason?
Hypocrites everywhere.
God bless u
Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by Dav24(m): 7:09pm On Apr 15, 2016
Why borrowing in the first place? I dont want to believe that the present Govt only succeeded in decieving us that billions of dollars were recovered from looters. if their claim was true then, borrowing shouldnt be an option.i m begining to suspect that, that money has developed sudden wings over night.
Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by MikeB3(m): 7:09pm On Apr 15, 2016
Treason ko, reason ni! Craze dey your head or e be like one of your people na stakeholder for this yeye and clueless government. If you go through the letter or all Governor Fayose's criticism thus far, majority of them a facts and not fallacies and full of national interest.
I give kudos to him o because he is the major voice of the opposition party.
Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by Ahmedhussain3463: 7:23pm On Apr 15, 2016
gidgiddy:

What is the Kanu treatment? You APC supporters like to think about small things without bothering about the bigger picture. That's how you people were shouting 'change' without asking your selves if it was change for the better or worse. That's how you people were shouting 'jail Kanu' not knowing that it would turn him and his movement into a global phenomenon.

If you want to jail someone for treason, call for the jailing of Buhari because he is the only man in Nigeria still alive who commited the very act of treason by overthrowing a democratically elected Government on December 31st 1983.
lols ur aguyi ironsi is d chief coupist in nigeria
Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by chernest2002: 7:34pm On Apr 15, 2016
I have been reading people's comments on this fayose letter and I see that fayose have spoken the mind of millions of Nigerians on this 2billions loan, so fayose is always on points let the buharist go and seat down and ask the ekiti genius to educate them cause they are thinking like that passing six president.
Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by armadeo(m): 7:38pm On Apr 15, 2016
Chubhie:

I heard Madueke returned $90 billion.

How much bill gates get.

Who dem epp sef?
Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by comrChris(m): 7:43pm On Apr 15, 2016
op its not your fault either, when the leaders themselves don't understand what treason is all about how will their followers understand,,will not be surprise if l hear fg will charge him for this.....

truth be told if there are 80% educated Nigerians 60% among this 80 are educated illiterates, if not how can one explain this ops question,,all the points raised by fayose in that letter are valid that should be of great concern to every reasonable Nigerian but reverse is rather the case...why have they not told us how much they have recovered from looters? why borrow why we are still servicing loan with 25% of our yearly GDP? why not tell us what they intend to do with this money before rushing to borrow,is this not the highest level of negligence? to even think they promised us transparent govt leaves me thinking,,for crying loud how long are we going to be fooled by these lazy,unreasonable,vision less and heart hearted politicians?

op you and your likes should continue wallowing in ignorance what fayose did is right and if China will reason like him( l doubt tho) and stop the loan it will help us at the long run....
Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by UEK33(m): 7:52pm On Apr 15, 2016
unitysheart:

akpa ikpu I mean Nigeria NEC
Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by donbabajeff(m): 7:56pm On Apr 15, 2016
Fayose's persistent animadversion against the present government gives me a perfect definition of hatred!!!
Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by UEK33(m): 8:00pm On Apr 15, 2016
unitysheart:

Akpa amu I mean Nigeria NEC
Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by pressplay411(m): 8:05pm On Apr 15, 2016
Law, Treason is the crime that covers some of the EXTREME acts against ones Nation or Sovereign. In my opinion Fayose's letter is treasonable and to be fair he must be given the "Nnamdi Kanu treatment" (Immunity or no Immunity).

Click to read the letter if you missed it https://www.nairaland.com/3049293/fayoses-letter-chinese-government-stop[/quote]

That should be the least of Fayose's worries. The future looks terribly bleak for this guy in this country if only we could keep him in my prayers.
Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by basadenet: 8:11pm On Apr 15, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
What about the man that committed treason on 31st December 1983, has he been charged for over-throwing democratically elected government??

Has the man even apologised to Nigerians??

Whenever I see the Op's kind as my compatriot, I give up on Nigeria because they always claim they know whereas reverse is the case..

thank you my brother for this revelation. it is PMB that supposed to be charged for treason.
Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by naijaking1: 8:13pm On Apr 15, 2016
jmand:
This is treason Fayose of course, by the way, you deserve punishment

Treason will be keeping quite and Buhari and his fellow corrupt official borrow money from China in our name. , only for the amount to be unaccounted for when our children need liberation from China.
Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by Igwekalor(m): 8:17pm On Apr 15, 2016
Buhari should not mortgage this nation,he knows little about economics.Buhari should be in jail for overthrowing a democratically elected Govt in 1983

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by orisa37: 8:41pm On Apr 15, 2016
You charge people for fraudulent
actions not innocent ones. Fayiose is a Governor and a Government in Nigeria. He has Rights to talk anywhere, make it laud and clear and shout on roof tops if possible, whenever he suspects anyone, President, his Vice, SP CJN etc inclusive, of violating the rules of security, safety and success of the Nigerian Nation. As a Governor of a State, he is a major Stakeholder in the Constitution of the Federation.
Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by okejos(m): 8:58pm On Apr 15, 2016
[b][/b]BUHARI IS A CONFUSE PSYCHO, HE NEED HELP
Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 15, 2016
moski5:
why should d country take a loan of $2b when money recovered from looters is well over $20b ?

Now you know why someone in Nigeria is called a dullard!
Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by diplomat058(m): 9:35pm On Apr 15, 2016
PhockPhockMan:

A governor of a state in a country is now described as inconsequential.

IMAGINE.

That's why I don't trust any product of free education.
if the QUANTITATIVE education you received from your profit-oriented alma-mater is as comparable to public institutions as you claim, you should as well know that words have their contexual delimitations as regards usage. Using ''inconsequential'' for a state governor in the context of transnational or better still transcontinental politics simply reflect the pragmatic fact that the position of a state's chief executive tout like fayose has infinitesimal or no effect on the chinese(1 billion+)'s foreign policy decisions in the latter's bilateral relations with Nigeria. in the study of international relations, a sovereign state is assumed to be an indivisible unitary actor which speaks with one voice regardless of internal contradictions. in this context, therefore, fayose is inconsequential because the chinese central government does not recognise him or ekiti but the Nigerian state and Buhari as the president. learn b4 expressing urself on a public forum like this, SIR.
Re: Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? by Gentlekay: 9:47pm On Apr 15, 2016
It is sad we are borrowing 2billion dollars from china. How i wish the same amount was not stolen in the last administration in the name of arms deal may be we wont be doing this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

DSS Denies Attempt To Arrest Sunday Igboho / 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East / Twitter Suspension: Bruno Maçães Reacts 'This Seems Like A Reasonable Decision'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.