Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,862 members, 7,821,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Afenifere Rejects Grazing Commission Bill - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afenifere Rejects Grazing Commission Bill (997 Views)

South East Development Commission Bill Excites Lawmakers (Photos) / 'Afenifere' Rejects London Terror Attacker Adrian Russell Ajao - Pic / Enugu Government Rejects Grazing Reserves Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afenifere Rejects Grazing Commission Bill by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 15, 2016
Pan-Yoruba sociopolitical group, Afenifere, has rejected the Grazing Commission Bill proposed by the National Assembly to address the burning issue of farmers and Fulani herdsmen clashes erupting in different parts of the country.

Afenifere described the bill as “anti-people.”

The bill proposes the establishment of the National Grazing Commission which will preserve and control the national grazing reserves and livestock routes and other matters related to it.

The group’s leader, Reuben Fasoranti, while addressing journalists in Akure, said the bill, which empowered the commission to acquire any land anywhere in the country, would violate the subsisting Land Use Act and traditional means of land holding if enacted.

He noted that the bill was being proposed allegedly to favour the business of the Fulani herdsmen at the expense of the farmers whose farms were always destroyed by the Fulani’s cows in some other parts of the country .

” We reject any law that would rob the citizens of their possessions and award to another set of citizens as this offensive bill attempts to do. That is against the principle of natural justice, ” Mr. Fasoranti declared.

“It is also against federal principle for the government of the federation to therefore want to violate the rights of other sections of the country to please a group from an ethnic unit over and above the interest of other over 400 ethnic groups. ”

He called on all federal lawmakers from the south and Nigerians in general to join Afenifere in rejecting the bill.

Foramfera

He also said the group would not keep quiet until true federalism was in entrenched in the country

“We stand with the decision of the of the 2014 National Conference which recommended the scrapping of grazing route for the establishment of ranches,” the octogenarian said.

He said the system of roaming animals all over the country was no more in vogue.

He called on President Muhammadu Buhari to embrace the ranching system in order to put an end to the incessant clashes between Fulani herdsmen and farmers in many parts of the country

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/201828-afenifere-rejects-grazing-commission-bill.html

This is way to go!! Other southern groups including Ohaneze,IPOB,OPC and MEND should follow suit and sound a huge warning to the proponents of these dangerous bill

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Rejects Grazing Commission Bill by TheFreeOne: 12:04pm On Apr 15, 2016
We stand with the decision of the of the 2014 National Conference which recommended the scrapping of grazing route for the establishment of ranches,”
My people my people grin

My Governor rejected it. Afenifere rejected it and i concur too.

It is audacious injustice by a government that kept mute in the face of atrocious killings by fulani herdsmen to reward same monsters with lands at the expense of farmers, owners of lands & properties that'll be affected.

Southerners and all right thinking nigerians should reject this bill in totality and herdsmen that needs land in the south should pay for it to grow their cattle business.

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Rejects Grazing Commission Bill by Luckylife(m): 12:13pm On Apr 15, 2016
This is a right call all well meaning Nigerians have to stand against that evil slave bill in the reps.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Rejects Grazing Commission Bill by Jirate(m): 12:32pm On Apr 15, 2016
Words of Our Elders they say are Words of Wisdom……, but is Buhari Wise?

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Rejects Grazing Commission Bill by izospindle(m): 12:42pm On Apr 15, 2016
so what is the solution then......we are tired of this blame game
Re: Afenifere Rejects Grazing Commission Bill by Agbaletu: 12:52pm On Apr 15, 2016
All southerners must reject this useless bill. Better still, the grazing reserve should be carved out of Northern States.
Re: Afenifere Rejects Grazing Commission Bill by PhockPhockMan: 1:40pm On Apr 15, 2016
If the grazing route is restricted to Northern areas, no problem.

I see war coming if this bill is passed as it is.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Rejects Grazing Commission Bill by Chubhie: 1:46pm On Apr 15, 2016
Once buhari is set to do a thing, no Jupiter can stop him. He seems hell bent on establishing some grazing corridors across the green fields of the south for the fulani herdsmen. If one Nigeria is for everybody, then the fulani herdsmen deserve all the grazing corridors even if it passes through chukwudi44 bedroom.
Re: Afenifere Rejects Grazing Commission Bill by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 15, 2016
Chubhie:
Once buhari is set to do a thing, no Jupiter can stop him. He seems hell bent on establishing some grazing corridors across the green fields of the south for the fulani herdsmen. If one Nigeria is for everybody, then the fulani herdsmen deserve all the grazing corridors even if it passes through chukwudi44 bedroom.

Well I trust my people to respond adequately when the need arises!!!Buhari wants to continue where Othman Dan fodio stopped!! Like his forefather he is going to fail.

seriously the way southerners are treating this bil with levity is what really amazes me.With the exception of Mimiko all other Governors are yet to react on this.If our leaders fail us ,we might have to take the laws into our hands to defend our lands

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Rejects Grazing Commission Bill by cyberguy72(m): 1:51pm On Apr 15, 2016
Chubhie:
Rubbish I hope u wud donate ur land n ur families's land for d Fulani herdsmen
Re: Afenifere Rejects Grazing Commission Bill by TheFreeOne: 1:56pm On Apr 15, 2016
PhockPhockMan:
If the grazing route is restricted to Northern areas, no problem.

I see war coming if this bill is passed as it is.

That'll be a good idea if Buhari listens to voice of reason.

Cattle herding is business so its unreasonable the FG plans to give out other people's lands for free to Fulani herdsmen at the expense of the owners.
Re: Afenifere Rejects Grazing Commission Bill by Chubhie: 1:57pm On Apr 15, 2016
chukwudi44:

Well I trust my people to respond adequately when the need arises!!!Buhari wants to continue where Othman Dan fodio stopped!! Like his forefather he is going to fail.

seriously the way southerners are treating this bil with levity is what really amazes me.With the exception of Mimiko all other Governors are yet to react on this.If our leaders fail us ,we might have to take the laws into our hands to defend our lands
The reason is not far fetched. Speak up against the change government and starve for the next four years.

It is time to deregulate the cow business so that educated and refined people can invest in ranching. I'm very much interested in it as a retirement plan.
Re: Afenifere Rejects Grazing Commission Bill by Sealeddeal(m): 1:58pm On Apr 15, 2016
The Fulanis were able to cover different parts of sub-saharan Africa by the use of cattle herding, killing and enslaving of indigenous people and ruling over them. From Sudan to Nigeria, the story is the same. Creating grazing reserve is a means of occupation. Cattle grazi
ng is a personal business and individuals involved should be able to do their business in accordance with constitutional principles, law of the States where they practice their business and in such means that will bring peaceful coexistence between them and their host communities. Government should also enforce the fundamental human right of every Nigerian.
I support Afenifere.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Rejects Grazing Commission Bill by Chubhie: 2:00pm On Apr 15, 2016
cyberguy72:
Rubbish I hope u wud donate ur land n ur families's land for d Fulani herdsmen
You have no idea.
Re: Afenifere Rejects Grazing Commission Bill by oduastates: 2:23pm On Apr 15, 2016
No to grazing route.
If the north is too small for grazing, perhaps the population of cows is too big for the ecosystem. They should consider reducing the no of cows.
If not, they should greenhouse their feed and ranch.
Poultry and piggery owners down south ranch their stock.Back in the days, it used to be free range.
Considering the activities and terrorism of these herdsmen, no to ranching.

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Governors Must Echo Mimiko's Position Or Return Land Back To Obas / Ex-naf Chief Of Staff Amosu Returns N2.3b, Cooperating With EFCC - SR / Kachikwu To Appear On Channel TV This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.