Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Lawyers Condemn Saraki's Move To Weaken CCB, CCT - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyers Condemn Saraki's Move To Weaken CCB, CCT (21568 Views)

Amendment Of CCB/CCT Act By National Assembly Is Null & Void - Olatunde Bakare / Lawyers To Sue NASS On CCB/CCT Amendment Bill / Anti CCB-CCT Fliers In Kwara By Momodu & Saraki (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawyers Condemn Saraki's Move To Weaken CCB, CCT by beadaholic(f): 8:32pm On Apr 15, 2016
valacious:
Rightly said- my concern is the timing. We all know in our heart of hearts that this move is to protect Saraki, and this is where the senators are shallow and missing it. Even if this bill is amended today, it will not in anyway affect Saraki's trial. So why not wait, so as not to make the populace view them with contempt. Anyway that's their cup.

Call 08035034841 for your change of name advert in Guardian Newspaper.

How much? For change of name?
Re: Lawyers Condemn Saraki's Move To Weaken CCB, CCT by odikimi: 8:34pm On Apr 15, 2016
pls who are the lawyers? Op just say APC lawyers like Itsa Sagay criticize Senator. I for one embrace this amendment, because it is being used as instrument of oppression by the Presidency.
Re: Lawyers Condemn Saraki's Move To Weaken CCB, CCT by GOATandYAMtheory: 9:33pm On Apr 15, 2016
989900B:
This is one of the saddest things to happen to this country, but we only carry placards protesting symptoms (fuel scarcity, minimum wage and e.t.c.), whereas, this is the 'genesis', or root-cause of those ills if you will!

And those faces you see in the senate/house of reps, are the real faces of evil -- not some witches/wizards in the village, or mama Nkechi/Bola/Amina next door.

Those lawmen have the powers to answer those prosperity prayers you get scammed for at our respective places of worship, but no, they choose to enslave and impoverish the people -- ruin their futures and their children's along with.

[s]If they can get 2/3rds vote, then they can do anything here-on, they can unseat the same president you voted, and install themselves -- take over the country.[/s]

Who be-witched us with this kind of apathetic attitude?

Impeachment is not that easy, my brother. Go and read more on it and you ll know its easier for saraki to win this case than to impeach a sitting President in Nigeria grin
Re: Lawyers Condemn Saraki's Move To Weaken CCB, CCT by vivalavida(m): 10:10pm On Apr 15, 2016
sucess001:
I don't have a problem with them doing that to an agency which is only being used by the executive shamelessly.

you leave Tinubu for same offence and then pursue saraki...

Then you say Tinubu was freed in error and he walks free while you are going after saraki?

no proper justice system survives with an uneven scale...

I would even recommend that the senate passes a law to scrap it.

Gbam
Re: Lawyers Condemn Saraki's Move To Weaken CCB, CCT by Brushless: 10:30pm On Apr 15, 2016
Saraki! Saraki!! Saraki!!!
Aja tio sonu ki gbo fere ode.
I hoped I have an healing balm, but...........
Aso ko b'omoye, Omoye ti rin hoho w'oja.
Re: Lawyers Condemn Saraki's Move To Weaken CCB, CCT by oluscofield(m): 10:47pm On Apr 15, 2016
Praying for Nigeria is tantamount to fetching water inside basket.... I will rather use my energy for a fruitful prospect rather dan talkn abt. Matter of a failed state.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Condemn Saraki's Move To Weaken CCB, CCT by DonnyT: 1:47am On Apr 16, 2016
sucess001:
I don't have a problem with them doing that to an agency which is only being used by the executive shamelessly.

you leave Tinubu for same offence and then pursue saraki...

Then you say Tinubu was freed in error and he walks free while you are going after saraki?

no proper justice system survives with an uneven scale...

I would even recommend that the senate passes a law to scrap it.

So they should pass the law to weaken the agency so looters can thrive and your unborn generation can continue to languish in pain and sorrow. What a brainless human being you're. I smh for you and your generation.
Re: Lawyers Condemn Saraki's Move To Weaken CCB, CCT by sucess001(m): 3:50am On Apr 16, 2016
DonnyT:

So they should pass the law to weaken the agency so looters can thrive and your unborn generation can continue to languish in pain and sorrow. What a brainless human being you're. I smh for you and your generation.

I made my argument...u didn't address it...u re throwing insults. and yes if it promotes selective jsttice it sshd be scrapped. I have studied legal systems for almst 2 decades and there is no point having a judicial system that only promotes Jstice ffor one set of pple and ignores others. That isn't justice, that's oppression. Its not cos am brainless...its cos u are ignorant and don't knw what law is meant to achieve. it's also cos u re not enlightened and u find it difficult to reason with ur brain.
Re: Lawyers Condemn Saraki's Move To Weaken CCB, CCT by Nobody: 12:59am On Oct 06, 2020
ossowunmi:

May that be your portion IJN.

oga... are we there yet or have you relocated to canada grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pius Odubu: Profile, Biography Of The New NDDC Board Chairman / What is Aregbesola's Political Fate Now That Omisore Is APC National Secretary? / PDP: Wike-Led G-5 Governors Met In Makurdi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.