Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,111 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander (36569 Views)

Idris Ahmed: DSS Arrests Man Who Exposed Wanted Boko Haram Commander Whereabout / Top Wanted Boko Haram Commander Arrested At Borno LG Chairman’s House / Elderly Woman From Maiduguri: "Anybody Who Goes Against Buhari Is A Boko Haram" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by femiakinbully(m): 1:27pm On Apr 15, 2016
A nine-month child whom a Boko Haram commander had with one of his female captives has been killed by a snake.

The incident happened last weekend when the deceased child was sleeping beside his 17-year-old mother.

According to the BBC, the snake crept into their compound where they were relaxing as a result of the heat inside the house.

The mother identified as Zara was rescued during a military operation in Sambisa Forest, a stronghold of the sect in Borno.

In her first conversation with outsiders since her abduction over a year ago, she said she had not recovered from the pains.

Zara said life was tough and dangerous, as air force jets bombarded the vast Sambisa.

“They gave us a choice – to be married, or to be a slave. I decided to marry,” the BBC quoted her as saying.

She was eventually rescued and reunited with her relatives, but the stigma she faced made her yearn for a return to Sambisa.

“People call me a Boko Haram wife and called me a criminal. They didn’t want me near. They didn’t like me,” Zara said.

Commenting on Zara’s life after Sambisa, Mohamed Umaru, her uncle said: “The women in our family realised she was three months pregnant.

“In our family it happens that some of us are Christians and some are Muslims. She was a Christian before she was kidnapped but the Boko Haram who married her turned her into a Muslim.”

There was a split in the family over what to do and they took a vote as to whether she should abort or keep the child.

The majority prevailed and she gave birth to a boy.

“She said her husband’s father is called Usman, so that is how she named the child,” Mohamed said.

Zara said she had become an outcast in her community.

ZaraZara, the traumatised teenager

She now sits inside the small walled compound around her house, afraid to go outside because of the cruel insults of the neighbourhood children – messages of hate learned from their parents.

“They didn’t like my child. When he fell sick nobody would look after him,” she said.

“Some were happy that he died. They were happy the blood of Boko Haram had gone from the family.”

Zara’s uncle said the girl’s condition had become so bad that she sometimes contemplates suicide.

“They said thank God that the kid is dead, that God has answered their prayers,” Mohamed explained.

“Sometimes she says she wants to go to school and become a doctor and help society, but sometimes, when people insult her, she says she wants to go back to the Sambisa Forest.

“She always talks about her husband who happens to be a Boko Haram commander. She says the guy is nice to her and that he wants to start a new life with her.

“She will go and do a suicide mission if she gets the chance.

“People should understand that these children didn’t create this, but if we continue to stigmatise people with such trauma we might create something much, much bigger than Boko Haram in the future,” her uncle says.

“You are creating a more dangerous thing than Boko Haram if you grow up not welcomed by society and with nobody wanting to help you.

“My prayer is for the government to do something. They should come to their aid and reintegrate them and show them love.”

Zara says she is in love with her husband although she believes she has been brainwashed. She feels abandoned by her family.

“The feeling for the forest is strong now, but it will go away. I will forget the time with Boko Haram, but not yet,” she said.

https://www.thecable.ng/snake-killed-9-month-old-baby-boko-haram-commander

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by vicado74: 1:40pm On Apr 15, 2016
FTC ..... grin grin grin grin grin

so na so e dey be grin
Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by sinkhole: 2:00pm On Apr 15, 2016
I am still very confused about this BH thing, it seems we are not being told the whole story! I just cant understand how a christian girl, forcefully adopted, forced to change religion, forced to get married and start being a mother, could say with her own mouth that she is in love with those who molested her! Well, I can understand she is a child, and I can understand the level of hatred coming from her own people, but still I do not think that she should be in love with her molester.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by Luckylife(m): 2:36pm On Apr 15, 2016
Sins of the father . Only a snake beget a snake, God knows why things happen just for the benefit of good people. Can't imagine the future of a son of boko haram bloody sucker commander.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by alabiphorlarsha: 2:52pm On Apr 15, 2016
one would still feel sorry for the girls .... they never chose this part

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 15, 2016
Sad.....

They gave us a choice – to be married, or to be a slave. I decided to marry,” the BBC quoted her as saying.

She was eventually rescued and reunited with her relatives, but the stigma she faced made her yearn for a return to Sambisa.

“People call me a Boko Haram wife and called me a criminal. They didn’t want me near. They didn’t like me,” Zara said.

Commenting on Zara’s life after Sambisa, Mohamed Umaru, her uncle said: “The women in our family realised she was three months pregnant.

“In our family it happens that some of us are Christians and some are Muslims. She was a Christian before she was kidnapped but the Boko Haram who married her turned her into a Muslim.”

There was a split in the family over what to do and they took a vote as to whether she should abort or keep the child.

The majority prevailed and she gave birth to a boy.

“She said her husband’s father is called Usman, so that is how she named the child,” Mohamed said.

Zara said she had become an outcast in her community.

This shows the extensive damage that Boko has done to communities and families. And the extent of the work that needs to be done...not jus t spending money on projects....but providing emotional and physical support to the victims.

We have a long journey on our hands.

Also... see how the girl is ostracized by her community. That is how Boko gains strength....

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by gurunlocker: 3:31pm On Apr 15, 2016
17 year old.. WTF

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by saintkel(m): 3:31pm On Apr 15, 2016
sinkhole:
I am still very confused about this BH thing, it seems we are not being told the whole story! I just cant understand how a christian girl, forcefully adopted, forced to change religion, forced to get married and start being a mother, could say with her own mouth that she is in love with those who molested her! Well, I can understand she is a child, and I can understand the level of hatred coming from her own people, but still I do not think that she should be in love with her molester.
My dear islam is a religion of peace. Wont say much

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by Pstlyecouture: 3:31pm On Apr 15, 2016
news

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by Utazzy: 3:32pm On Apr 15, 2016
1 Like 1 Share

Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 15, 2016
sinkhole:

Well....a side effect of rape is that sometimes the victim may feel affection for her victimizer.

Strange....but possibly a coping mechanism.

Part of something called Stockholm's syndrome.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 15, 2016
Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by Mintayo(m): 3:35pm On Apr 15, 2016
The girl needs to be shown some love. She shouldn't be seen as an outcast. After all it was not her fault that she was abducted.
How do you convert people without showing them love first. Jesus message is all about love.
We so called christains still have a lot to learn.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by uzoormah(m): 3:36pm On Apr 15, 2016
Oh dear..so sad it happend in d north abi? and she is now a muslim abi? and boko haram is an islamic sect abi?
ok continue #justasking

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by Okijajuju1(m): 3:36pm On Apr 15, 2016
Snake..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by AleAirHub(m): 3:37pm On Apr 15, 2016
snake stories has been featuring on Ftp since the year BC

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 15, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Well....a side effect of rape is that sometimes the victim may feel affection for her victimizer.

Mostly hatred nt affection.

These girls are hypnotised by Boko haram b4 marring them off.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by tatucci: 3:38pm On Apr 15, 2016
sinkhole:

it might have to do with the whole brainwashing thing. the mind is a powerful tool...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by fammo: 3:39pm On Apr 15, 2016
sinkhole:
I bet you've never heard of stocholm syndrome....google is your friend sir
Thank me later

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by Jacobx007: 3:41pm On Apr 15, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 15, 2016
herbie27:
Mostly hatred nt affection.

These girls are hypnotised by Boko haram b4 marring them off.

Not exactly.

What is happening to the girl is that she is minimizing the pain/fact that she has been assaulted by forming feelings of ''love'' for her attacker...so that she protects herself from the reality that she was raped.

Google Stockholm's syndrome and Traumatic bonding....explains the phenomenon better.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 15, 2016
sinkhole:

Stockholm syndrome, or capture-bonding, is a psychological phenomenon described in 1973 in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending and identifying with the captors.

This isn't strange, and i think it should be expected in this case where the victims are minors who can easily be brainwashed. You see the boko haram commander for who he is, a terrorist. But she sees him as a loving husband. She is only 17! Besides an average 17yr old girl child in that part of the country may not have the same exposure and intellect as her counterpart down south. When you consider these factors, you may understand her situation better.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by ItzTun3chi(m): 3:43pm On Apr 15, 2016
I Swear God Would Punish Boko Haram And The Sponsors

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by sinkhole: 3:43pm On Apr 15, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Part of something called Stockholm's syndrome.
That is serious, especially when you coupled that with the extreme hate the victims get from their relatives after coming back from the BH camp!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by tatucci: 3:44pm On Apr 15, 2016
At the risk of sounding callous, but that child dying might be the best thing to happen. I can only imagine the trauma she is going through even though she was taken captive and forced to marry. How much more will a direct offspring go through? The pikin for dey under steady abuse.

On the other hand, our Nigerian gov't sabi act like say dem no get sense.. all the Oby wey dey shout bring back our girls, the ones wey dem don bring back how dey treat dem.. wetin d campaign dey do to avoid such trauma by reintegrating dem into society... mtcwwww.....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 15, 2016
sinkhole:
That is serious, especially when you coupled that with the extreme hate the victims get from their relatives after coming back from the BH camp!

Yes...and the hate might push them back to the Bokists....because at least the Bokoists now look like viable ''family''.(Horrible).

That is why it is going to take a very long time to defeat Boko.

Even female suicide bombers that run to the police...and tell the police they have a bomb so that they can get the bomb removed...are ostracized too by their communities.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by anonimi: 3:48pm On Apr 15, 2016

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by adornity(m): 3:52pm On Apr 15, 2016
sinkhole:
But Her family should accept her for God's sake. It's not her fault that she was abducted, or were they wishing that she should die there. She too should be thankful to her God for surviving the ordeal and ignore people who snob her. It too bad to stigmatize her.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by Sijo01(f): 3:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
Poor girl. sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 15, 2016
Why would you just release the captured people back to ther families? This country is a joke. Aren't they supposed to set up a rehab centre where they will initially be housed and tutored while their loved ones come and check on them from time to time.

Very simple thing!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander by nellyelitz(m): 3:57pm On Apr 15, 2016
saintkel:
My dear islam is a religion of peace. Wont say much
I know you meant to say PIECES

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Strips Unclad To Buy Fuel At A Station In Lagos. Photos / Iniobong Umoren: Ekaette-Unoma Akpabio Denies Being The Owner Of Davok Suites / Meningitis: God’s Punishment For Fornication - Yari, Zamfara Governor Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.