Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? (25735 Views)

A Kogi State Civil Servant Resigned Due To Non Payment Of Salary / Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) / Fayose Gives Kia Cerato To Bamisile Lucy, Ekiti Best Civil Servant, 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by Abyzan(m): 8:35am On Apr 16, 2016
its very possible, op if you are one I believe you must be aware of the plenty time in the day you have to set one or two order businesses aright before settling down for the day.

all you need do is invest half of your salary into business or if you dont think it wise. save it! when you are done with the service, you have your millions to dive into any business
Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 16, 2016
Well said, by Human analysis, it seems impossible but by Divine direction it is possible.
Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 16, 2016
as a civil servant for the past 3 years, my experience and observation is that the civil service is structured such that any civil servant that wants to be a millionaire must get involved in illegal stuff or break civil service rules.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by charlsecy(m): 8:42am On Apr 16, 2016
LivingDiamond:
..its not possible without looting...millionaires/billionaires in this country are either politicians(looters),money ritualists, drug dealers, pastors, or employers of labour(Full time legitimate businessmen) and not someone under the payroll of any organisation or federal government...
I guess things didn't work out for you to have made such a blanket comment. You are mistaken! Period!

1 Like

Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by val15: 8:48am On Apr 16, 2016
Is possible may be u bought plots of land at a very cheap price in an area when is not developed, luck enough it starts appreciating at very high rate which can run into billions when estimated,after all there was a time when big areas in abuja was cheap
Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by lagosrd: 8:49am On Apr 16, 2016
sarzwizard:
[b] Yes through corruption
It is unspeakable that in the midst of humbling poverty, Nigeria runs one of the most expensive civil service in the world, whereby senior public officers live in free houses with all bills paid, cruise around in Toyota Prado jeeps (which cost about (N12million) as official cars and go about their official duties flying first and business classes. They also lodge in five star hotels when they are out of station. It is also only in Nigeria that a public servant will live above his means and eyebrows will not be raised. Rather he would be hailed as having arrived and traditional rulers would be jostling to bestow chieftaincy titles. As I have said before, majority of the houses in the juiciest places in Abuja are owned By men and women who pose to be civil servants, but are pen robbers and the unmentioned worms eating down the fabric of this nation. We can shout to high heavens about our corrupt elected leaders, but the corruption that leaves us endangered as a people is the one among civil servants. Never forget that 50% of our annual budget ends up in private pockets and it is facilitated by civil servants. I fail to see how an executive can loot the treasury without civil servants as accessories- the so- called permanent secretaries or permanent suckers. If we had a sane and morally upright civil service, the level of corruption we have today, could never have been possible. [/b]

just in........https://www.nairaland.com/3051526/icpc-seizes-61-houses-female
Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by lagosrd: 8:49am On Apr 16, 2016
sarzwizard:
It is unspeakable that in the midst of humbling poverty, Nigeria runs one of the most expensive civil service in the world, whereby senior public officers live in free houses with all bills paid, cruise around in Toyota Prado jeeps (which cost about (N12million) as official cars and go about their official duties flying first and business classes. They also lodge in five star hotels when they are out of station. It is also only in Nigeria that a public servant will live above his means and eyebrows will not be raised. Rather he would be hailed as having arrived and traditional rulers would be jostling to bestow chieftaincy titles. As I have said before, majority of the houses in the juiciest places in Abuja are owned By men and women who pose to be civil servants, but are pen robbers and the unmentioned worms eating down the fabric of this nation. We can shout to high heavens about our corrupt elected leaders, but the corruption that leaves us endangered as a people is the one among civil servants. Never forget that 50% of our annual budget ends up in private pockets and it is facilitated by civil servants. I fail to see how an executive can loot the treasury without civil servants as accessories- the so- called permanent secretaries or permanent suckers. If we had a sane and morally upright civil service, the level of corruption we have today, could never have been possible. [/b]

sarzwizard:

1 Like

Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by dayowunmi(m): 8:53am On Apr 16, 2016
Even the president who is the chief civil servants cannot become a billionaire through his salary how much more an ordinary civil servants? You may become a multi millionaire as a civil servants but no way you can become a billionaire except you indulge in some shady deals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by Bjergtrolde: 8:55am On Apr 16, 2016
Yes it is possible.

If the parent of the civil servant is a billionaire and bequeath his billions to his/her civil servant child. Saying this, in Nigeria, it is easier for a Camel to pass through the eye of the needle than for this to happen.
Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by justinuchegmai: 8:55am On Apr 16, 2016
Is possible for a civil servant to be a millionaire or billionaires. It depends on what u engage outside ur official hours and days. I came across a civil servant who advertise properties online. Assume one of d properties he advertised worth a billion naira and he sold it and collect commission as an agent. Let say 10%.he is richer to d tune 100million. You must not be corrupt civil servant when u are a millionaire. As a civil servant what u do with your Saturday,Sunday and even from 4pm to night can pay up. As a civil servant doesn't make u a poor man. Engage in some other activities after office hours. You can make fortune and retire b4 time. There is so many ways as CS to make money. U can collect loan and invest wisely and be paying back with part of ur salary,with ur investment still running. I can give u more ideas on how a CS can be millionaires or billionaire.
Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by erico2k2(m): 9:00am On Apr 16, 2016
clefstone:
governors are public servants
They are both same thing. One is American the other is British. cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by tk4rd: 9:05am On Apr 16, 2016
fasho01:
Millionaire, Yes! Cos if you invest your spare time and resources into real estate or other profitable Ventures, you will surely make a few millions from it.

Billionaire! A capital NO. You'd have to be the 'oga @d top' to be able to sign off such and fill up spaces meant for hundreds of people as ghost workers to make billions.
You nailed it.. Ogas at the top use hundreds of manipulated ghost-workers to corner lots of money into their pockets.
Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by Welcomme: 9:09am On Apr 16, 2016
originally:
Governors are civil servants too u know
A governor is a public servant and not a civil servant. All civil servants are public servant but not all public servants that are civil servants

1 Like

Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by VajanahDischaj(f): 9:37am On Apr 16, 2016
yes ofcos!! register on nairabet and win millions with just a few hundreds to sacrifice.

anyone coming after you Is a mere evil spirit because you also worked for it.
been a civil servant should be been a civil slave.

afterall, the govt can't satisfy you.
Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by company500: 9:40am On Apr 16, 2016
yes you can be a billionaire if you work in the CBN as a top ranking director or you work as an MD in a bank
Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by tfcinvests: 9:44am On Apr 16, 2016
If the term of a civil servant is 20years and he earns 1 Million Monthly after 20years he's not near a Billionaire

I think this question should be passed to men like Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu to answer... cheesy grin
Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by anonimi: 10:00am On Apr 16, 2016
masterchi:
as a civil servant for the past 3 years, my experience and observation is that the civil service is structured such that any civil servant that wants to be a millionaire must get involved in illegal stuff or break civil service rules.

Thanks.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2881064_23015862301371mrbeaninotellupng25c4955d40e3462_png058f85876085f9171ace8711304fe9b0

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by ProfJournalism(m): 10:00am On Apr 16, 2016
originally:
Governors are civil servants too u know
... No!, they are not. They are called Public Servants.
Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by anonimi: 10:04am On Apr 16, 2016
justinuchegmai:
Is possible for a civil servant to be a millionaire or billionaires. It depends on what u engage outside ur official hours and days. I came across a civil servant who advertise properties online. Assume one of d properties he advertised worth a billion naira and he sold it and collect commission as an agent. Let say 10%.he is richer to d tune 100million. You must not be corrupt civil servant when u are a millionaire. As a civil servant what u do with your Saturday,Sunday and even from 4pm to night can pay up. As a civil servant doesn't make u a poor man. Engage in some other activities after office hours. You can make fortune and retire b4 time. There is so many ways as CS to make money. U can collect loan and invest wisely and be paying back with part of ur salary,with ur investment still running. I can give u more ideas on how a CS can be millionaires or billionaire.

Do the civil service RULES allow you to work in a business even after office hours?
If NOT, then the civil servant you came across is doing something ILLEGAL for which he should be SACKED.
SIMPLE.
Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by TheSociopath(m): 10:16am On Apr 16, 2016
Depending on salaries, NO!
Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by Kazrem(m): 10:36am On Apr 16, 2016
Op, billionaire while in service, NO. Billionaire no be small pikin matter.
Millionaire, it's not impossible.

I just asked my wife, who is a civil servant and she said "yes" like 4 times.

Now I personally know someone who is a civil servant and she is a millionaire. I know her very well, very close to her. She does not engage in magomago. She is business privy.

The factors that determine if one while in service will a millionaire or not are but not limited to;
1. Early or late entry into service.
2. Your level at entry
3. Of course, expenses
4. And most importantly, what you do with your spare time.

That being said, if there hasn't been any millionaire civil servant, become one. That's the spirit and the right attitude.
NobleAky

1 Like

Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by eagleeye2: 10:37am On Apr 16, 2016
We all shout corruption, kworruption. But pay workers their due Mba......
Minimum wage 18,000, that amount is not even enough for a politicians dog in a month.

OP, a civil servant can be a billionaire call it corruption or illegal means na you sabi. The Nigerian Government, encourages corruption by Owing salaries and not paying one it's due wage.
So, Civil Servants have learnt to earn a little extra by any means possible.
Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by eagleeye2: 10:42am On Apr 16, 2016
anonimi:

Do the civil service RULES allow you to work in a business even after office hours?
If NOT, then the civil servant you came across is doing something ILLEGAL for which he should be SACKED.
SIMPLE.
Whatever you do with your free time doesn't concern Your employer. QED
Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by Onyiridike(f): 10:45am On Apr 16, 2016
ABSOLUTELY POSSIBLE for a lecturer who is science inclined.

Let me use one of my lecturers as an example:

1. He is a senior professor at the age of 55 years and earns over 5million salary annually after tax and other deductions.

2. He is a visiting lecturer to 5 other universities where he earns N150,000 * 5 = N750,000 monthly and 9 million annually.

3. He is a renowed international researcher. Through him, the university won over $250,000,000 research grant and I am sure he is the leading researcher and would earn nothing less than $2,000,000 from the research.

3. He won a prize worths ¥3000,000 from the research he conducted in Japan.

4. He earn bogus allowances by lecturing and supervising PhD students.

5. He is the dean of the faculty and that will earn him more allowances. Also, the faculty bought him a brand new car and fuels it.

6. He is the chairman of a research institute in the university which earns him more allowances.

7. He won a national merit award with a cash prize of N10,000,000.

8. He won an international award in USA with a cash prize of $10,000,000

9. He partners with WHO in developing DNA vaccines and he is earning huge amount from his services.

SUMMARY

He is a legitimate billionaire already even before retirement. And remember he is entitled to N49,000,000 gratuity and pension for life when he retires.

NOTE: If you are good at what you are doing, money will chase you. Some teachers who can write quality textbooks are billionaires.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by Kazrem(m): 10:47am On Apr 16, 2016
anonimi:

SIMPLE.
My is a civil servant. She said one can do Biz after office hour.
anonimi:

Thanks.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2881064_23015862301371mrbeaninotellupng25c4955d40e3462_png058f85876085f9171ace8711304fe9b0
masterchi:
Bro it's a big fat lie. While I won't argue that people get involve in illegal act in civil service, the truth is that one can be a millionaire while in service, though very rare. I have a handful of examples and don't tell me do I know them well because I do well.
Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by Kazrem(m): 10:56am On Apr 16, 2016
Thank you my sister for this. The problem with us in this part of the world is that we have been wired mentally that only scrupulous means can bring us wealth in millions. It boils down to what you do with your spare time.
Meanwhile I will like to be the PA of that your lecturer. grin
Onyiridike:
ABSOLUTELY POSSIBLE for a lecturer who is science inclined.

Let me use one of my lecturers as an example:

1. He is a senior professor at the age of 55 years and earns over 5million salary annually after tax and other deductions.

2. He is a visiting lecturer to 5 other universities where he earns N150,000 * 5 = N750,000 monthly and 9 million annually.

3. He is a renowed international researcher. Through him, the university won over $250,000,000 research grant and I am sure he is the leading researcher and would earn nothing less than $2,000,000 from the research.

3. He won a prize worths ¥3000,000 from the research he conducted in Japan.

4. He earn bogus allowances by lecturing and supervising PhD students.

5. He is the dean of the faculty and that will earn him more allowances. Also, the faculty bought him a brand new car and fuels it.

6. He is the chairman of a research institute in the university which earns him more allowances.

7. He won a national merit award with a cash prize of N10,000,000.

8. He won an international award in USA with a cash prize of $10,000,000

9. He partners with WHO in developing DNA vaccines and he is earning huge amount from his services.

SUMMARY

He is a legitimate billionaire already even before retirement. And remember he is entitled to N49,000,000 gratuity and pension for life when he retires.

NOTE: If you are good at what you are doing, money will chase you. Some teachers who can write quality textbooks are billionaires.

1 Like

Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by NobleAky(m): 10:59am On Apr 16, 2016
Kazrem:
Op, billionaire while in service, NO. Billionaire no be small pikin matter.
Millionaire, it's not impossible.

I just asked my wife, who is a civil servant and she said "yes" like 4 times.

Now I personally know someone who is a civil servant and she is a millionaire. I know her very well, very close to her. She does not engage in magomago. She is business privy.

The factors that determine if one while in service will a millionaire or not are but not limited to;
1. Early or late entry into service.
2. Your level at entry
3. Of course, expenses
4. And most importantly, what you do with your spare time.

That being said, if there hasn't been any millionaire civil servant, become one. That's the spirit and the right attitude.
NobleAky
my man...

Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by anonimi: 11:01am On Apr 16, 2016
Kazrem:
My is a civil servant. She said one can do Biz after office hour.

Please ask her to share with you the reference text in civil service RULES that specifically allows business after office hours.
Thanks.
Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by piagetskinner(m): 11:05am On Apr 16, 2016
Except ure a thief ....
Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by Onyiridike(f): 11:12am On Apr 16, 2016
anonimi:

Please ask her to share with you the reference text in civil service RULES that specifically allows business after office hours.
Thanks.

Can you also make a reference to the part of civil service rule that stated that workers cannot engage in any business after office hours?

By the way, what do you understand by business?
Re: Can A Civil Servant Be A Billionaire While In Service? by Getikebusy(m): 11:22am On Apr 16, 2016
thief

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bad Money Habits And How To Break Them / Abuja Magistrate Orders Lawyer Handcuffed, Jailed For Challenging Him / Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.