Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,805 members, 7,862,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:21 PM

FREE Online Stores For Nigerian Entreprenuers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FREE Online Stores For Nigerian Entreprenuers (791 Views)

Tony Elumelu Foundation Host African Entreprenuers / As Naira Gains, Neighbouring Countries Ease Rush For Nigerian Goods / List Of Richest Internet Entreprenuers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FREE Online Stores For Nigerian Entreprenuers by StephenAfam(m): 3:36pm On Apr 15, 2016
E-commerce Site Application (LAUNCHING ON 2ND MAY)

These sites are strictly for Nigerian brands.
The sites will be configured to sell only within Nigeria.

Features;
Accept online payments,
Live chat through Facebook,
Sell directly on Facebook,
View all your customer information so you can call or email them,
Send newsletters to your customers to inform them of new products or discounts,
Have your products promoted for free,
Integrate with instagram,
Have a blog on your website so that you can show your expertise,

Fill the form in the link below to pre-register and get yours for free.

http:///forms/Ywhks9Xj5m
Re: FREE Online Stores For Nigerian Entreprenuers by StephenAfam(m): 6:02pm On Apr 15, 2016
Re: FREE Online Stores For Nigerian Entreprenuers by StephenAfam(m): 5:15pm On Jul 13, 2016
So the site is ready!!!
To get your own ecommerce site, go and sign up. Get 1 free month by using the coupon code "1MONTHDEMO".
https://proudly.com.ng/product/get-your-site/
Re: FREE Online Stores For Nigerian Entreprenuers by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 13, 2016
StephenAfam:
So the site is ready!!!
To get your own ecommerce site, go and sign up. Get 1 free month by using the coupon code "1MONTHDEMO".
https://proudly.com.ng/product/get-your-site/

Looks ok to me. My opinion though is, create an affiliate system. give people an incentive to spread the word for you just like konga and other brands are doing. It might take a lot to educate people about this platform. don't do it alone.

Instead of just posting the link here, you could give an exhaustive description of the site and invite people to ask you questions. Be more involved.

Again, my opinion. good luck
Re: FREE Online Stores For Nigerian Entreprenuers by StephenAfam(m): 1:52pm On Jul 14, 2016
delivite:

Looks ok to me. My opinion though is, create an affiliate system. give people an incentive to spread the word for you just like konga and other brands are doing. It might take a lot to educate people about this platform. don't do it alone.

Instead of just posting the link here, you could give an exhaustive description of the site and invite people to ask you questions. Be more involved.

Again, my opinion. good luck

Ok. As for the description.
The site will be a fully functional e-commerce site, Able to display and accept payments online.
It is actually meant for homegrown brands. People that make shoes, bags, clothes, jewelry, make up.

The features include;
The ability to display and sell products (the core)
Run promotions, offer timed discounts, generate coupons,
Have a blog on the site related to the brand (for announcements, awareness, knowledge sharing)
Run email marketing campaings,
Embed the store on your facebook page
Display pictures of your products that you posted on instagram.
Live chat software. e.t.c.
All for just N20,000 a year. You can sign up for a 1 month demo using the coupon IMONTHDEMO (during the demo, only you will be able to see the site)

Affiliates
I am already building an affiliate program for it. It will be launched before the end of the week.
The current fees are N20,000 and I am looking to offer N5000 to affiliates for each sign up.

NOTE
There is a 10% fee on each transaction.
Many people keep feeling that it is a rip off so let me explain why this is necessary.

1. Vougepay, the chosen payment gateway, collects 2.5% of the transactions. A further 1%+N120 is taken during withdrawals.
That is a total of 3.5% + N120. We push the N120 to the merchant and bear the cost of 3.5% which brings my 10% down to 6.5%

2. As your site grows in popularity, the cost of keeping it online grows too. Server costs, Maintainance, Security, e.t.c. The only way to make sure that that increase in cost does not become a burden, it is necessary to take a percentage of revenue.
Either that, or we will have to pray that your site remains small and you don't make sales so that it remains cheap to host your site.

3. Ask any web developer and he will tell you that N20,000 a year is much too small to build a website. Matter of fact, we will be running massive losses unless sales are being made.

4. Your website is supposed to help you sell, this way, we will be extra motivated to make sure it is happening. If it is a flat rate, we can just sweet talk you into signing up and then don't care if your site works well for you or not.
Re: FREE Online Stores For Nigerian Entreprenuers by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 15, 2016
StephenAfam:

Ok. As for the description.
The site will be a fully functional e-commerce site, Able to display and accept payments online.
It is actually meant for homegrown brands. People that make shoes, bags, clothes, jewelry, make up.

The features include;
The ability to display and sell products (the core)
Run promotions, offer timed discounts, generate coupons,
Have a blog on the site related to the brand (for announcements, awareness, knowledge sharing)
Run email marketing campaings,
Embed the store on your facebook page
Display pictures of your products that you posted on instagram.
Live chat software. e.t.c.
All for just N20,000 a year. You can sign up for a 1 month demo using the coupon IMONTHDEMO (during the demo, only you will be able to see the site)

Affiliates
I am already building an affiliate program for it. It will be launched before the end of the week.
The current fees are N20,000 and I am looking to offer N5000 to affiliates for each sign up.

NOTE
There is a 10% fee on each transaction.
Many people keep feeling that it is a rip off so let me explain why this is necessary.

1. Vougepay, the chosen payment gateway, collects 2.5% of the transactions. A further 1%+N120 is taken during withdrawals.
That is a total of 3.5% + N120. We push the N120 to the merchant and bear the cost of 3.5% which brings my 10% down to 6.5%

2. As your site grows in popularity, the cost of keeping it online grows too. Server costs, Maintainance, Security, e.t.c. The only way to make sure that that increase in cost does not become a burden, it is necessary to take a percentage of revenue.
Either that, or we will have to pray that your site remains small and you don't make sales so that it remains cheap to host your site.

3. Ask any web developer and he will tell you that N20,000 a year is much too small to build a website. Matter of fact, we will be running massive losses unless sales are being made.

4. Your website is supposed to help you sell, this way, we will be extra motivated to make sure it is happening. If it is a flat rate, we can just sweet talk you into signing up and then don't care if your site works well for you or not.

That's very ok. I like the fact that the emphasis is on home-made products. You do have a system that verifies what is home-made and what is not?

It's going to sell. What are your promotion channels? Lemme know what I can do for you. I promote entrepreneurs.
Re: FREE Online Stores For Nigerian Entreprenuers by StephenAfam(m): 1:42pm On Jul 20, 2016
delivite:

That's very ok. I like the fact that the emphasis is on home-made products. You do have a system that verifies what is home-made and what is not?

It's going to sell. What are your promotion channels? Lemme know what I can do for you. I promote entrepreneurs.

Well, to verify, during the demo period, we keep an eye out for people that violate this.
We are going to publish an updated terms and conditions page to state that people in violation of this will have their sites shut down without notice.
Truth be told, if you are going sell general merchandise, you would be better served opening a store on kaymu or konga. This service will do you little good.

(1) (Reply)

At ₦145/L Price, Nigerians Buy One Of The Cheapest Petrol In The World / Quality POS PAPER ROLLS Available @ Competitive Price / Sterling Bank Visa Card User Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.