Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,387 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! (26112 Views)

How to Run Whatsapp on Android 2.0 And Bb10 Devices after June 30th / Whatsapp No Longer Supports BB10 Devices / Pls Wats The Best Data Subscription For Bb10 Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by TechPill: 5:02pm On Apr 15, 2016
Some few weeks back blackberry received lot of deadly blow when two most powerful and popular messaging app WhatsApp and Facebook stop it supports on all blackberry devices including the BB10 series.

Now the company has decide to dump blackberry OS and focus on android OS, a statement made by the blackberry CEO indicate that there will be just two updates for Blackberry 10 devices this year and next year.

having said that, folks are now left to switch to other android device or wait for the new blackberry midrange android phones nicknamed Rome and Hamburg; one of them will come with a full touchscreen and the other will have a physical keyboard.

According to latest interview with GulfNews, Blackberry CEO John Chen clearly state that this supports will only last for just two years because top government in UK, Germany and U.S.A are using this device. Below are his exact words:

“We will support BB10 for minimum two more years as a lot of governments are using it, such as Canada, the U.S., Germany, and UK.”

...the company will now be focusing solely on its Android phones with the goal of producing “most secure Android smartphone for the enterprise.”

Will you rather stick with your blackberry 10 phone? use the comment box below.

Source: http://www.techpill.net/2016/04/its-official-blackberry-stopped.html

seun, lalasticlala, mynd44

[img]http://3.bp..com/-bmqt133Qspw/VxEK2DfjZPI/AAAAAAAAAxY/v80QQ5fYW_YWCZKt-9WqtGGg7pC8pq1LQCK4B/s1600/BB10%2Bdevices%25281%2529.png[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by madridguy(m): 5:05pm On Apr 15, 2016
ok
Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by Dayo4real12: 5:05pm On Apr 15, 2016
Serious
Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by TechPill: 5:05pm On Apr 15, 2016
Blackberry finally give up the fight!

Get All The Latest Tech News As it Happened On http://TechPill.net

[url=HTTP://techpill.net][TECHPILL.NET][/url]- Tech Tips, Free Download, News And More

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by tempem: 5:13pm On Apr 15, 2016
Why asking this kind of question? Why will I stick to my BB10 when it'll soon face out. Ain't a blind follower.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by klinro(m): 5:18pm On Apr 15, 2016
Blackberry fought a good fight but it is time to move on to the android world fully.

9 Likes

Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by Oliviaxx(f): 5:28pm On Apr 15, 2016
Eh yaaa

1 Like

Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by TechPill: 5:47pm On Apr 15, 2016
tempem:
Why asking this kind of question? Why will I stick to my BB10 when it'll soon face out. Ain't a blind follower.
Lol

2 Likes

Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by TechPill: 6:05pm On Apr 15, 2016
klinro:
Blackberry fought a good fight but it is time to move on to the android world fully.
That's right

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by BluePearls(m): 6:15pm On Apr 15, 2016
I love Blackberry 10, especially the wonderful devices which host it. It'll be really sad to see the end of such developments. Imma stick to my BB10 for as long as possible. sad

124 Likes 6 Shares

Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by Sistem007(m): 7:06pm On Apr 15, 2016
Gosh I love my bb10, a phone that is both blackberry and android. what more could I ask for. #SadNews

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by FlySly05: 7:53pm On Apr 15, 2016
The big guns conspired to bring BlackBerry yo its knees and that's what they did, now its forced to join them. O ma se.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by joseph214(m): 8:12pm On Apr 15, 2016
Now the next is Nokia.

1 Like

Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by 2kurupt(m): 8:42pm On Apr 15, 2016
At least Blackberry executives are smarter than Nokia execs.

Welcome aboard the Android ship, with tough hardware & stylish devices I see Blackberry giving Samsung, LG etc a run for their money on the Android platform.

17 Likes

Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by ddjay: 9:01pm On Apr 15, 2016
Chai so people still use blackberry.na wa o.our old skool people i hail una o

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by ddjay: 9:02pm On Apr 15, 2016
2kurupt:
At least Blackberry executives are smarter than Nokia execs.

Welcome aboard the Android ship, with tough hardware & stylish devices I see Blackberry giving Samsung, LG etc a run for their money on the Android platform.
Na so bros.well said

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by Juanapeters21: 10:19pm On Apr 15, 2016
hmmm make dem still day produce bb10 device with android features mtchewee
Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by Wealthyone: 10:25pm On Apr 15, 2016
6 yrs ago, I joined d smart fone world by getting a BlackBerry Tour. Today, I'm one of d most loyal wink BlackBerry user (if there is a word lik dat)

I started using this my Q5 since 2013 (no fault or itches) and I'm so in love wit BlackBerry. Well, ama kip using it till it stops working in 2 yrs time.

Once u go BLACK, u might never go Back.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by sorextee(m): 10:36pm On Apr 15, 2016
Let me quickly sell my fone, before this news spreads.. I have a BlackBerry z30 and passport for sale. Interested buyers shld pls contact me.. cheesy grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by engrhorla(m): 11:28pm On Apr 15, 2016
Wealthyone:
6 yrs ago, I joined d smart fone world by getting a BlackBerry Tour. Today, I'm one of d most loyal wink BlackBerry user (if there is a word lik dat)

I started using this my Q5 since 2013 (no fault or itches) and I'm so in love wit BlackBerry. Well, ama kip using it till it stops working in 2 yrs time.

My camera has stopped working for abt a week
Facebook is not working again too

I use Q5, do u experience this?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by Wackyrichy(m): 11:39pm On Apr 15, 2016
Never really liked that phone...
Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by Mprex(f): 11:43pm On Apr 15, 2016
eiya. too bad.
Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by abeniagbon(m): 11:47pm On Apr 15, 2016
So all Govt official are using it and non govt official like you are using android.... Nice words

3 Likes

Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by Nobody: 11:59pm On Apr 15, 2016
Oliviaxx:
Eh yaaa
You are pretty and look like Kelly Rowland. shocked

Never been a fan of blackberry.

1 Like

Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by Elxandre(m): 12:08am On Apr 16, 2016
Enabling .apk support killed it off!

Developers no longer saw any need to make custom apps for it, which made it less unique.

I see them packing up with this Android adventure.
They will never offer competitive pricing, and they will keep posting losses forever.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by JonSnow(m): 1:02am On Apr 16, 2016
Too bad
Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by chumakk: 2:29am On Apr 16, 2016
David and Goliath/ when blackberry was the Goliath the Facebook and Whatsapp guys were still sucking breast....what a life !

1 Like

Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by Nobody: 5:54am On Apr 16, 2016
I feel sad for them. It's not a cool thing if we keep loosing big players in technology. Bb10 is really a great n smooth OS. E no suppose end like this tho

5 Likes

Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by ramdris(m): 6:09am On Apr 16, 2016
But I just bought my Z30 last week na angry.

**falls to d ground in tears n rolling**

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by braimeddy: 6:10am On Apr 16, 2016
This is really sad sad cos I luv my BlackBerry 10. I started hating it when my facebook app refused to work and the face10 I was managing was requesting for an upgrade to the pro version angry. I no longer enjoy my BlackBerry 10 device any longer. It's time to let it go. Abeg who want BlackBerry 10?

1 Like

Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by seunlayi(m): 6:42am On Apr 16, 2016
And finally Bb that have sent many people to dead is dying.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! by chukslawrence(m): 6:49am On Apr 16, 2016
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Ways Tablets Are Better Than Laptops Or Smartphones / Solutions To Airtel Bb Plans On Android Devices. SOS! / Airtel Adjusted Their Data Bundle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.