Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! (3709 Views)

Airtel New Data Plan #1000 For 3gig And #2000 For 7gig , All For One Month / Airtel Blackberry 1000 Naira For 3gig Issue / Please Is The Glo 1000 For 3gig Still Working (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by Nobody: 1:56am On Apr 16, 2016
Good morning nairalanders.

The existence of high-end smartphones in the market has taken our interest away from confam phones like Nokia 206 or the Asha series. The ten mb from mtn , etisalat would be enough to last a week. The features that came with these phones created a natural hatred for beebee(whose data subscription is cheaper and lasts longer).

The problem faced by this android and iPhone users now is data subscription. Price for data subscription is high and almost not affordable for a reasonable number of users( daylight extortion by the network providers) thus cheats are created. But erhm, some still remain loyal, subscribing legitimately.

I've heard some speak ill and some good 'bout Airtel on their data subscriptions and cap. Just repaired my Tecno p5 and searching for the best data plan and with mercies far from me and bad luck playing ten-ten on my head that day( three days ago) I jam this Airtel 3gig for 1k5( legit), so I sharply took 1500 out of the 2500 from my wallet and got airtime. Before then I spent 100naira on transport in order to borrow my Aunty's Airtel Sim card. Got home all joyous, the beauty of my phone became revealed in my heart, talking like someone being paid to say 20words in a single second I subscribed and started browsing, I felt like Rick Ross. After about thirty minutes of browsing the internet and downloading apps less than 50mb in total I checked my data balance, lo' and behold my world began crumbling right before my very own eyes; I was just a step away from crying as I saw 2.7gig left. Airtel now turned me into a confused mathematician; calculating figures trying to add up what is not. Then I decided to chill and hoped it was a system error. Yesterday came, I surfed like half of the day without downloading and I was left with 2.5gig( shoo, na one month sub be this oh) . Battery died, charged this evening and continued surfing, downloaded files of let's say 450mb and my data balance of 2.5gig turn 1.2 with good and stable network oh. This is wickedness Airtel!!

I called their customer care before I did the subscription over and over again to ask if it was legit and would work on my android, they all answered affirmatively. The customer care also told me no 'terms and conditions'. I tried calling yesterday and all I was hearing was "all our customers are currently busy......."

This is the height of corporate stealing. Airtel is worse than high way robbers cause they've collected money I'd have used for something else such as to buy a good trouser or shirt or even eat a good meal. Airtel is a big scam. Some customers have also complained about this problem too on other data plans; Airtel bet why?? Is it good in your eyes?? Stealing from people that are patronizing you guys willingly. NCC better come and work!!! Expose this thieves abeg!!

5 Likes

Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by gudluckgreat(m): 2:08am On Apr 16, 2016
Take heart... Run away cry
Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by bunmioguns(m): 3:18am On Apr 16, 2016
CHECK MY SIGNATURE FOR CHEAP DATA PLANS
Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by mediatri(m): 4:06am On Apr 16, 2016
[quote author=Gbad

I subscribed to it under three days I didn't download much it just finished, I called them the guy was saying it depends on how I used it. am saying that their tariff plan is too much

1 Like

Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by Izecson3D(m): 4:07am On Apr 16, 2016
Mehn. I subscribed for same plan yesterday. I hv 1.5mb left. Its hrt breaking.
Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by ednut1(m): 4:24am On Apr 16, 2016
u subscribed for a bb data plan nd u probably had ur back up to google server on. try 3500. 9gig. its da bomb
Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by Brymo: 4:43am On Apr 16, 2016
Bin dere.
Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by woodboi(m): 5:50am On Apr 16, 2016
Brymo:
Bin dere.

done that

4 Likes

Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by Nobody: 6:13am On Apr 16, 2016
Op, I don't know if u are a culprit but lots of people I know leave their Google auto back up on. This will back up all their pictures to the cloud and it eats a lot of data. It becomes very obvious when u have not subscribed for a while and have taken lots of pictures. The moment u subscribe it will start backing up all those pictures and before u know it ur data is gone.
Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by Brymo: 6:37am On Apr 16, 2016
greenhulk:
Op, I don't know if u are a culprit but lots of people I know leave their Google auto back up on. This will back up all their pictures to the cloud and it eats a lot of data. It becomes very obvious when u have not subscribed for a while and have taken lots of pictures. The moment u subscribe it will start backing up all those pictures and before u know it ur data is gone.
Bruh, dats not enof reason. We do sub with oda data providers packages n its not as bad as dat of Airtel. Airtel r scams n d package is a sham. Thank u!

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by mayorbch(m): 6:54am On Apr 16, 2016
I think I should say something about this.
Airtel's integrity is now non- existent to me. Imagine I don't download heavy files, yea, once in a long while I do video calls (briefly) yet, the rate at which the MB disappears is alarming.
Recently, I switched on my data counter, and found out that the 3G data from airtel finishes even before the data counter records up to 2GB.
Most times I buy data twice a month. My only consolation is the speed and network coverage.
Finally, if you know airtel as a person, tell him to stop stealing after all God says "Thou shalt not steal"

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by kfrosh: 6:55am On Apr 16, 2016
Dumped Airtel over a year ago. Their data consumption is double the normal charge rate. How do you know this? Compare your data usage rating on your Android and that of your network data provider you will easily spot the difference. Airtel data bundles are pure scam. I would rather stick with expensive MTN that charges me for what I use.

3 Likes

Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 16, 2016
kfrosh:
Dumped Airtel over a year ago. Their data consumption is double the normal charge rate. How do you know this? Compare your data usage rating on your Android and that of your network data provider you will easily spot the difference. Airtel data bundles are pure scam. I would rather stick with expensive MTN that charges me for what I use.

I don't use airtel so I wouldn't know. I use MTN and etisalat and MTN never dissapoints me, u fan see some of the speeds I posted online, I get 16mbps steady and 2gb lasts me for as long as I want. Sometimes 1 week sometimes 2 weeks depending on how much I use it. I've never had to complain that they steal my MB because I know how I use it. Same thing with etisalat, the only difference is MTN is faster than etisalat

1 Like

Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by aragon4realz(m): 7:31am On Apr 16, 2016
u never chichontin...it's double billing my dear...no be today but we still the manage am like that
Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by naijapips02: 7:32am On Apr 16, 2016
that plan is fair. I'm using it presently.
Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by gbadenor(m): 7:36am On Apr 16, 2016
airtel 3gb is 1.5gb....if u download a file of 10mb they ll deduct 20mb...if not that they ve good network pple would ve abandon em
Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:29am On Apr 16, 2016
That 3GB is always equal to 2GB.
Nigerian telecom networks are all scam.
Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 16, 2016
aragon4realz:
u never chichontin...it's double billing my dear...no be today but we still the manage am like that

I can't believe you're burning your money and call it managing?? Ain't there other networks with stable network in your area?? So you leave this people to steal your money continuously? Haba
Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 16, 2016
BrainnewsNg:
That 3GB is always equal to 2GB.

Nigerian telecom networks are all scam.

My sister, if it was up to 2gig that would have been better. Its pure over- inflated figure.

3 Likes

Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 16, 2016
naijapips02:
that plan is fair. I'm using it presently.

Oga please when did you subscribe? and is this your first time??
Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by somehowpenis(m): 8:44am On Apr 16, 2016
greenhulk:

I don't use airtel so I wouldn't know. I use MTN and etisalat and MTN never dissapoints me, u fan see some of the speeds I posted online, I get 16mbps steady and 2gb lasts me for as long as I want. Sometimes 1 week sometimes 2 weeks depending on how much I use it. I've never had to complain that they steal my MB because I know how I use it. Same thing with etisalat, the only difference is MTN is faster than etisalat
please how is mtn faster than etisalat? Nonsense angry

1 Like

Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by Clarinett(m): 9:03am On Apr 16, 2016
On android it's obviously double billing but on my BB10, it's super accurate.

And yes, it's fast.

So Airtel serves me well

My 2cents

2yuan rather

1 Like

Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by crowntoro(f): 9:31am On Apr 16, 2016
ednut1:
u subscribed for a bb data plan nd u probably had ur back up to google server on. try 3500. 9gig. its da bomb
what's the code pls?
Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 16, 2016
somehowpenis:
please how is mtn faster than etisalat? Nonsense angry

Bros, show me the speed of ur etisalat and I'll show u the speed of my MTN. This is jot rocket science, I use both. Don't work with assumptions, show me proof.

They are both fast, while etisalat is more reliable, MTN is faster (at least for me), also MTN has a far better latency.
Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by naijapips02: 9:37am On Apr 16, 2016
Gbadegesin19:

Oga please when did you subscribe? and is this your first time??

2nd time actually. 1.5k for a 3gb plan is fair. Etisalat does worse and their package is not cheap.

Airtel is actually faster than etisalat these days and MTN doesn't have any cheap plan.

I started using this plan last month and i am loving it. Airtel needs to do more though.
Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by ednut1(m): 9:49am On Apr 16, 2016
crowntoro:
what's the code pls?
*438*1#
Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 16, 2016
the new airtel speedo plan 3gb@N1500 has genuine billing rate.
subscription code is *435#
Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by somehowpenis(m): 12:12pm On Apr 16, 2016
greenhulk:

Bros, show me the speed of ur etisalat and I'll show u the speed of my MTN. This is jot rocket science, I use both. Don't work with assumptions, show me proof.

They are both fast, while etisalat is more reliable, MTN is faster (at least for me), also MTN has a far better latency.
Nonsense angry

Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 16, 2016
somehowpenis:
Nonsense angry

Nice speed u got there. But it doesn't make MTN nonsense, I get this speed too on my MTN so that makes them equal. I wasn't able to get 18mbps today but got 16mbps. Normally i average between 14-18mbps. The first picture is the one I took today and the second one was taken a few days ago. In my location MTN is faster though.

One thing u can't take away from MTN is the upload speed. I get up to 4mbps upload speed so if u are into uploading high res pics and videos like me MTN is the way to go.

Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by somehowpenis(m): 12:58pm On Apr 16, 2016
greenhulk:

Nice speed u got there. But it doesn't make MTN nonsense, I get this speed too on my MTN so that makes them equal. I wasn't able to get 18mbps today but got 16mbps. Normally i average between 14-18mbps. The first picture is the one I took today and the second one was taken a few days ago. In my location MTN is faster though.

One thing u can't take away from MTN is the upload speed. I get up to 4mbps upload speed so if u are into uploading high res pics and videos like me MTN is the way to go.
Nonsense angry

1 Like

Re: Airtel Data Subscription 1500 For 3gig A Scam!!! by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 16, 2016
somehowpenis:
Nonsense angry

Damn, I thought i was responding to someone normal. Sorry oh

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno L9 For Sale 1month Used / 8 Phone Accessories You Just Can’t Do Without In Nigeria (photos) / Abeg Who Is Sponsoring Nairaland Browsing? See Inside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.