Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,881 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

To Own A Branded Clothing Line Like Adidas, Nike, What Does It Take? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / To Own A Branded Clothing Line Like Adidas, Nike, What Does It Take? (700 Views)

Reactions: Over Roasted Corn Been Sold In A Branded Sachet (photos) / Gotv 5th anniversary was celebrated With a branded cow / Pls, What Does It Mean To Devalue Naira? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Own A Branded Clothing Line Like Adidas, Nike, What Does It Take? by permanentgrace(m): 6:48am On Apr 16, 2016
I need an info on this. If you want to own a line of clothing where you'll be majored in T-shirt production, shoes, bags, boxers, workshop overalls, sporting kits etc with a vision to compete with the already existing ones like Adidas, Nike, Puma etc, what are the first steps to take first? Who has the right and indepth business acumen on this should please come in and share. Someone needs this info very importantly. Thank you.
Re: To Own A Branded Clothing Line Like Adidas, Nike, What Does It Take? by permanentgrace(m): 7:06am On Apr 16, 2016
Still waiting.
Re: To Own A Branded Clothing Line Like Adidas, Nike, What Does It Take? by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 16, 2016
make i because....... i be
Re: To Own A Branded Clothing Line Like Adidas, Nike, What Does It Take? by permanentgrace(m): 9:15am On Apr 16, 2016
Still waiting.
Lalaclasticala, seun your attention is needed here.
Re: To Own A Branded Clothing Line Like Adidas, Nike, What Does It Take? by StephenAfam(m): 1:00am On Apr 17, 2016
Let me give my humble advise.
1. Be good at what you do. The brands became top brands because first and foremost, they are EXTREMELY good at what they do.
2. Know your target market. You cannot sell to everybody so know who exactly your market is. Its called building an avatar. Use google to read about it. If you notice, these are global brands, but they are very clear about who they sell to. That way it is easier to tailor your products and advertising to them.
3. Be consistent. Even within your target market, you have to be known for something. Some brands are known for durability, some for fashion, some for premium materials. You should know what you want your brand to be known for.
4. Have a vision. It is not enough to want to be a global brand. You must know what effect you want to have through your business. The purpose that goes beyond money. This one is a little difficult to explain but it is crucial. In the beginning stages of your business when it is really hard, it is only this vision that will keep you from giving up. You would have to rely on the fuel that comes from passion to realize this business. Read any success story and they will definitely tell you of what kept them going when the going was at its toughest.

This is a really quick answer. I'll add anything else I remember later.
Re: To Own A Branded Clothing Line Like Adidas, Nike, What Does It Take? by empowerdex(m): 4:04am On Apr 17, 2016
Google the term whitelabel furthermore Read how Nike led the way in production outsourcing and focused it's energy on brand building
Re: To Own A Branded Clothing Line Like Adidas, Nike, What Does It Take? by permanentgrace(m): 5:46am On May 20, 2016
StephenAfam:
Let me give my humble advise.
1. Be good at what you do. The brands became top brands because first and foremost, they are EXTREMELY good at what they do.
2. Know your target market. You cannot sell to everybody so know who exactly your market is. Its called building an avatar. Use google to read about it. If you notice, these are global brands, but they are very clear about who they sell to. That way it is easier to tailor your products and advertising to them.
3. Be consistent. Even within your target market, you have to be known for something. Some brands are known for durability, some for fashion, some for premium materials. You should know what you want your brand to be known for.
4. Have a vision. It is not enough to want to be a global brand. You must know what effect you want to have through your business. The purpose that goes beyond money. This one is a little difficult to explain but it is crucial. In the beginning stages of your business when it is really hard, it is only this vision that will keep you from giving up. You would have to rely on the fuel that comes from passion to realize this business. Read any success story and they will definitely tell you of what kept them going when the going was at its toughest.

This is a really quick answer. I'll add anything else I remember later.

Thanks for this catchy response. But I've got some more questions to ask you, hope you dont mind?

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Brace Up: Experience A Better Way To Live | The LEGEND Is True / Binary Options Trading: Made Easy With This Software / Help!, How Can I Import Goods From USA Manufacturers??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.