Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,988 members, 7,852,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:23 PM

Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports (37079 Views)

Two Flies Captured Having Sex On Phone(photo) / Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes / What Is The Best Game You've Played On Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by ghostofsparta(m): 5:37pm On Apr 16, 2016
Bubu won't discuss with the Chinese government on ways to deter Nigerian businessmen and importers who collude with Chinese manufacturers to produce inferior mimic of original hardware and products to be dumped in Zootopia.
Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by Fourwinds: 5:40pm On Apr 16, 2016
donfish28:

http://thewillnigeria.com/news/buhari-emefiele-move-to-crash-the-dollar-sign-landmark-currency-deal-with-china/

I don't think this will crash the prices of phones from China because for example Gionee m5 which cost 2299 yuan from China will still be about 70,000 naira

Economists in the house your contributions please
liar.!!! 70 000 ko 7 million ni

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by obo389(m): 5:40pm On Apr 16, 2016
my brothers from the east are the ones who will benefit these policy most
Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by TPAND(f): 5:42pm On Apr 16, 2016
Abudu2000:
why are these bloggers deceiving the public for Christ sake,the use of dollars for international trade is a policy already made and sealed in the UN, unless the country wants to face sanction no one can change that treaty,so don't get your hopes up....even if you want to import from China you have to convert to dollar since the world bank deals in dollars
smh for Dollards!!!

Thumbs up man.
I have been thinking I was the only one in Nigeria that understands the International Commercial Terms and Laws. all international trade in the world is transacted in dollars. It amazes Nigerians are falling for the cheap APC media stunt as usual.
China wants to give Nigeria Yuan in exchange for a payback in dollars. China is so smart, give them yuan, protect their foreign reserve and the detriment of Nigeria paying back in dollars

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by wengerjay(m): 5:43pm On Apr 16, 2016
You can watch all the football matches on your dstv irrespective of the amount paid for subscription.
It's only for a week courtesy of Multichoice.
Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 16, 2016
Royal155:
embarassedstill haven't seen the effect on phone import
What phones do they import from China?, are we suppose to be looking at the benefits of importing or exporting to favour our unfavourable balance of payment.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by jstriker442(m): 5:45pm On Apr 16, 2016
tinnymerit:
what are you saying? The process is yet to be implemented,i.e work in progree so why crying foul now? Buhari is not a magician and china is not a wonderland.
please, bros google d exchange rates nd analyse its effects on phone prices.
Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by erico2k2(m): 5:48pm On Apr 16, 2016
donfish28:

http://thewillnigeria.com/news/buhari-emefiele-move-to-crash-the-dollar-sign-landmark-currency-deal-with-china/

I don't think this will crash the prices of phones from China because for example Gionee m5 which cost 2299 yuan from China will still be about 70,000 naira

Economists in the house your contributions please
I don't think things will be cheaper but doing Biz with China will certainly be easier. I for one can tap from this benefit. Something got 2 give they way the country is.They should also make it easy for Biz Visa for Nigerians going to china easy .This should B3 added to the trade agreement.
Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by drnairalov: 5:48pm On Apr 16, 2016
Nigerians you are enemies of them selves. like what joy do you derive iin praying a government fails
Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 16, 2016
augster:
You wey get certificate wetin you don achieve? Wetin you do to improve the dusty road that leads to your house?
Na him go do road for government

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by luvinhubby(m): 5:49pm On Apr 16, 2016
hardbody:

Ornithology of identical plumage..... grin

Bros abeg no vex, wetin this grammar mean.... cheesy
Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by luvinhubby(m): 5:51pm On Apr 16, 2016
obo389:
my brothers from the east are the ones who will benefit these policy most

Those wey dey source forex from CBN?
Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by Nusaf: 5:51pm On Apr 16, 2016
hardbody:
The price of having a below school certificate leader in a country of academic giants. Show your certificate, you no gree because you no get, see your life.?
Is this the best u can offer? Ok, noted.
Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by banmee(m): 5:52pm On Apr 16, 2016
Abudu2000:
why are these bloggers deceiving the public for Christ sake,the use of dollars for international trade is a policy already made and sealed in the UN, unless the country wants to face sanction no one can change that treaty,so don't get your hopes up....even if you want to import from China you have to convert to dollar since the world bank deals in dollars
smh for Dollards!!!

Are you sure you are tracking what is going on in the world? What about the Euro? What sanctions can you give against the power of the Euro. No one signed or sealed the U.S currency as the worlds currency. It is all based on trust. Collectively, the world trusts it. If not, they would switch faster than the Flash can run. Part of what Nigeria and china is doing has already been done in Europe; THE EUROPEAN UNION.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by sitibemfen(m): 5:54pm On Apr 16, 2016
The currency swap should be a temporary solution to mitigate doller scarcity. If allowed longer time, local industries will close shop due to severe competition from cheap chinese goods.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by jstriker442(m): 5:54pm On Apr 16, 2016
dustmalik:

Don't mind these Buhari haters. This is going to make life easier for those who import from China, and of course, our exporters. In time, I believe this administration is going to get it right.
try check the current exchange rate nd ts effect on phones. This policy 'd be most effect if all our imports is from china alone.

Is dat possible ??
Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 16, 2016
sammirano:
the question should be what is the exchange rate.
The exchange rate are determine by the forces of demand and supply coupled with the fact that CBN fix the price. At moment the naira to Yuan is N30.70.
Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by happney65: 5:54pm On Apr 16, 2016
TPAND:

Thumbs up man.
I have been thinking I was the only one in Nigeria that understands the International Commercial Terms and Laws. all international trade in the world is transacted in dollars. It amazes Nigerians are falling for the cheap APC media stunt as usual.
China wants to give Nigeria Yuan in exchange for a payback in dollars. China is so smart, give them yuan, protect their foreign reserve and the detriment of Nigeria paying back in dollars

omolola15 come and see this again..We are being sold again..
Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by happney65: 5:54pm On Apr 16, 2016
Abudu2000:
smh for Dollards!!!

omolola15 come and see this again.
Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by hardbody: 5:56pm On Apr 16, 2016
luvinhubby:

Bros abeg no vex, wetin this grammar mean.... cheesy

Lol..no mind me......bros my head touch small that time cheesy
Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by Ptoocool(m): 5:59pm On Apr 16, 2016
hardbody:

Taking panadol for the dullard. Do i see an association of mediocres here?

Most right thinking Nigerians are beginning to come to reality that your president was not prepared for governance, he only wanted to win. Now he has won, he is perpetually at cross roads. As i chat with you, I am running on diesel, the same man that said he will flood us with power and exchange the Naira to the dollar at par.

See guy, I did not vote for either of the two contestants, none of them qualified then nor qualify now to lead me. Since Democracy is government of the majority, i have found myself in this quagmire. I will never in the life of me hate Buhari. i only hate his incompetence.

Now run along and go play with your mates in the sand.

Listen to yourself aburo, u didn't vote for PMB and you're here blowing puff puff,, you actually think you've got the gut to blame him for being incompetent?

Not voting and wailing clearly shows how deluded you are in thought. I didn't vote PMB, but I think he deserves the due respect as being the president of a nation ain't child's play,,

Oh "most RIGHT THINKING Nigerians" I'm so glad you ain't one of them,,

And "democracy is a government of the majority" aburo, like seriously?
Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by Codedrock(m): 5:59pm On Apr 16, 2016
Abudu2000:
smh for Dollards!!!
It looks like you are the mumu here...
Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by Abudu2000(m): 5:59pm On Apr 16, 2016
TPAND:

Thumbs up man.
Bros, with this comment u don't even need to reply the other quotes,wetin person no know pass am...
Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by Abudu2000(m): 6:03pm On Apr 16, 2016
banmee:

Are you sure you are tracking what is going on in the world? What about the Euro? What sanctions can you give against the power of the Euro. No one signed or sealed the U.S currency as the worlds currency. It is all based on trust. Collectively, the world trusts it. If not, they would switch faster than the Flash can run. Part of what Nigeria and china is doing has already been done in Europe; THE EUROPEAN UNION.
guy you don take your pills today,wetin you call am no be "euro" and we know that even 80% of Europe dey export,now wetin we wan call Nigeria and China agreement? or you want give the both nations their own continent abi smh
Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by hardbody: 6:04pm On Apr 16, 2016
Ptoocool:

Listen to yourself aburo, u didn't vote for PMB and you're here blowing puff puff,, you actually think you've got the gut to blame him for being incompetent?

Not voting and wailing clearly shows how deluded you are in thought. I didn't vote PMB, but I think he deserves the due respect as being the president of a nation ain't child's blame,,

Oh "most RIGHT THINKING Nigerians" I'm so glad you ain't one of them,,

And "democracy is a government of the majority" aburo, like seriously?

Do i expect you to understand? Taking matters out of context because your fingers are itching to type rubbish is a brand identity for some NLers.

I shall not humour you. Even explaining to you will lead to more confusion and perhaps mental concussion . Live with it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 16, 2016
hardbody:
The price of having a below school certificate leader in a country of academic giants. Show your certificate, you no gree because you no get, see your life.?

You and your generations will never attain the height PMB has attained even if you had all the certificates in the world and propelled by a rocket.

Cry me a lagoon. Anu ofia, onye iberibe.
Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by Abudu2000(m): 6:05pm On Apr 16, 2016
Codedrock:

It looks like you are the mumu here...
why would I waste my time answering a zombie in human clothing,you couldn't even at least criticize what I said because you lack the wits and all u could do was just join the wailer's train,smh!! there is more hope for a fool than you
Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by steveneche(m): 6:07pm On Apr 16, 2016
Abudu2000:
smh for Dollards!!!

U even understand wetin u read at all?
Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by hardbody: 6:08pm On Apr 16, 2016
papawemba:

You and your generations will never attain the height PMB has attained even if you had all the certificates in the world and propelled by a rocket.

Cry me a lagoon. Anu ofia, onye iberibe.

You are very correct. We will never attain that height of 'certificatelessness' and mental drudgery arising from spending all his time with cows. We are schooled and we don't breed cows, so you are very correct.

What else?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by banmee(m): 6:10pm On Apr 16, 2016
Abudu2000:
guy you don take your pills today,wetin you call am no be "euro" and we know that even 80% of Europe dey export,now wetin we wan call Nigeria and China agreement? or you want give the both nations their own continent abi smh

Bros don't deviate from the argument. You claimed that there would be sanctions if countries engage in international transactions without the currency of use being the dollar. First you were wrong about any kind of sanctions being put on any country. Secondly, you can trade with whatever currency you want as long as the country or person you are doing it with is in agreement with you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by Ptoocool(m): 6:11pm On Apr 16, 2016
hardbody:

Do i expect you to understand? Taking matters out of context because your fingers are itching to type rubbish is a brand identity for some NLers.

I shall not humour you. Even explaining to you will lead to more confusion and perhaps mental concussion . Live with it.

Are you still there? Thought I told you to leave, no one needs your explanation here,,
Re: Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports by louiseevents: 6:12pm On Apr 16, 2016
sammirano:
the question should be what is the exchange rate.
That's why we have google
1 yuan to Naira is N30.70
1 Dollar to yuan Is ¥6.48

That means if you're making purchases in Yuan, u pay N30.70 per 1 Yuan and if your're making purchases in dollar and paying in Yuan u'll pay 198.9

If it's made available to banks "hopefully" I'll buy things at the normal dollar rate and not at the parallel market rate using the Yaun

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Use Airtel BB Plan On PC / 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device / Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.