Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

President Buhari Arrives Nigeria From China (photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Arrives Nigeria From China (photos) (34017 Views)

Aisha Buhari Arrives London To See President Buhari (Photo) / President Buhari Arrives In Aso Rock, Meets With Wife, Ministers (Pics, Video) / Buhari Arrives Nigeria From Vacation In London (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Arrives Nigeria From China (photos) by worth(m): 2:34pm On Apr 16, 2016
thank God for journey mercy. em o si ni idi ibaje nitemi
Re: President Buhari Arrives Nigeria From China (photos) by sinceraconcept(m): 2:42pm On Apr 16, 2016
omenka:
Would love to see Fayose.

The way this man ignores Fayose is all it takes to drive a perfectly sane man incurably mad. cheesy
he doesn't even know Fayose exists
Re: President Buhari Arrives Nigeria From China (photos) by Etizz: 2:44pm On Apr 16, 2016
harmbhrosz:
u were banned,

Next time check ur profile n see d offense u committed.

I was banned on Wednesday-to-friday for insulting someone

Lol..... Dis is funny, wish I knew, would check to see why, cause I see no reason for dat.....

Thanks a lot.
Re: President Buhari Arrives Nigeria From China (photos) by viktor01(m): 3:04pm On Apr 16, 2016
Secretary, can I have the travel agenda for 2016, which country is next on the list?
Ajala is back.....
Re: President Buhari Arrives Nigeria From China (photos) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 16, 2016
searchng4love:
so fayose pursued him home?.....

anyway he should publish the Chinese agreements for us to peruse...even though written in Chinese! undecided undecided

There were a few points in the quote you made such as
1. Nigeria will get a loan in Yuan and repay in dollar and
2. Nobody wants the Yuan not even the Chinese.

These are not your direct comment so whatever I say here will be measured and certainly not against your person.
3. The writer of the piece is confusing EXIM type loans and currency swaps. In the case of low interest loans. The work will be done by the Chinese. That's the whole point of the loan. China wants to stimulate their economy without creating inflation. Nigeria wants high class infrastructure that creates employment and cash flows. That deal is done. Signed and sealed.
What the currency swap does is to ensure that China can pay its local costs on the contract in naira while Nigeria can pay China in Yuan - no dollar involved.
Nigeria isn't the only country to have done a currency swap with the Chinese, UK, EU, Singapore, South Africa, Brazil, Canada, Russia and many others have done same. It simply aimed at avoiding the need for contract counter parties changing money first into dollar and then next into actual currency needed.

If you do nothing else, please read this excellent apolitical article to understand how currency swaps work

http://www.africanliberty.org/feyi-fawehinmi-how-to-make-sense-of-nigerias-currency-swap-deal-with-china/

The China deal is a great deal that also means 70% of our exports can be directly financed by the CBN without putting pressure o the dollar. The world is slowly diversifying away from the deficit Laden dollar and into a basket of convertible securities.

No one wants the Yuan is laughable. Of course everyone trading with China wants the Yuan and the number of countries trading with China is humongous. Seventy percent of Nigeria's FX related imports is with China.

PMB has hit three home runs this week; the first is the loan deal which is $4bn larger than expected, the currency swap and the nomination of Enugu Airport as west african hub for direct flights to China. While the issue of the Niger bridge is being settled. Enugu becomes a instant dry cargo dock cutting costs for eastern importers and opening up the state and it's surrounds to lifestyle investments!

Please do read the piece link I posted so that you can educate others from a position of strength re currency swaps.

Respects
Re: President Buhari Arrives Nigeria From China (photos) by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 16, 2016
That third pic. What are they searching in the sky?
Re: President Buhari Arrives Nigeria From China (photos) by cutekhalifa(m): 7:47pm On Apr 16, 2016
That dullard when is he going to space
Re: President Buhari Arrives Nigeria From China (photos) by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 16, 2016
Pls who knws d name nd contact of dat girl dat supplied apples to GEN S. ABACHA, i tink we nid her to supply more apples becos smetin bigger dan Abacha is here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC To Witness Another Round Of Defection; Meetings To Hold Abroad / #MadeInNaija: UK High Commissioner & His Son Rock Nigerian Attires (photos) / Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.