Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

What Is Responsive Website Design? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is Responsive Website Design? (933 Views)

Is Responsive Web Design Finally Dying? / Which Blogger Free Theme Is Responsive And Very Ok... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Responsive Website Design? by WebclickNG: 8:48am On Apr 16, 2016
Responsive website design is an approach for designing websites to provide an easy experience (navigating, resizing, scrolling) viewing the site across many platforms and screen sizes… computer screens, laptops, smart phones and tablets. Websites with responsive design will adapt and display on any device or screen size, making for an enjoyable experience for your viewers.

It’s not enough to just have a website today. Your readers expect to be able to get the information they want immediately, and often in the palm of their hand with smart phones and tablets.

With more people using their smartphones and tablets for tasks that only used to be possible on desktop, it has become increasingly important to create a website that works across multiple platforms and caters to the needs and requirements of customers.

Customers need easy access to websites on all their devices. Creating a new website version for every screen resolution and mobile device would be impractical. The solution is mobile responsive website design.

Responsive websites change their layout, and/or appearance, based on the size of the screen the site is viewed on. Responsive website design is flexible in layout, and use fluid grids, layouts, and images, and CSS media queries. As a reader moves between their laptop, ipad, or smart phone, a website viewed on these devices should automatically resize to accommodate resolution and screens. In other words, the website has the ability to respond to the reader’s preference.

Even more sophisticated responsive design is available for smaller mobile devices, such as coding the site to hide some information, or present new information, or provide a simplified and stripped down version of the full website.

If your website is more than two years old, you should think about redesign of your site. New and better technologies are available now that make your site easier for you to manage, and for viewers to access. Older technologies are becoming outdated (such as ‘Flash’ websites.. that will not view on mobile devices).

First publish at http://webclick.com.ng/responsive-website-design/

Re: What Is Responsive Website Design? by madone: 9:20am On Apr 16, 2016
WebclickNG:
Responsive website design is an approach for designing websites to provide an easy experience (navigating, resizing, scrolling) viewing the site across many platforms and screen sizes… computer screens, laptops, smart phones and tablets. Websites with responsive design will adapt and display on any device or screen size, making for an enjoyable experience for your viewers.

It’s not enough to just have a website today. Your readers expect to be able to get the information they want immediately, and often in the palm of their hand with smart phones and tablets.

With more people using their smartphones and tablets for tasks that only used to be possible on desktop, it has become increasingly important to create a website that works across multiple platforms and caters to the needs and requirements of customers.

Customers need easy access to websites on all their devices. Creating a new website version for every screen resolution and mobile device would be impractical. The solution is mobile responsive website design.

Responsive websites change their layout, and/or appearance, based on the size of the screen the site is viewed on. Responsive website design is flexible in layout, and use fluid grids, layouts, and images, and CSS media queries. As a reader moves between their laptop, ipad, or smart phone, a website viewed on these devices should automatically resize to accommodate resolution and screens. In other words, the website has the ability to respond to the reader’s preference.

Even more sophisticated responsive design is available for smaller mobile devices, such as coding the site to hide some information, or present new information, or provide a simplified and stripped down version of the full website.

If your website is more than two years old, you should think about redesign of your site. New and better technologies are available now that make your site easier for you to manage, and for viewers to access. Older technologies are becoming outdated (such as ‘Flash’ websites.. that will not view on mobile devices).

First publish at http://webclick.com.ng/responsive-website-design/
can u produce mobile apps or u no some who can
Re: What Is Responsive Website Design? by heywhy824(m): 8:31pm On Apr 16, 2016
this is so poor
your talking about responsive website and your site is not fucking responsive atallz.
Responsiveness is not about screen sizes only, it deals with the browsers too. This sucks bro. Go Behind up your design aspect
Re: What Is Responsive Website Design? by WebclickNG: 9:15pm On Apr 16, 2016
heywhy824:
this is so poor
your talking about responsive website and your site is not fucking responsive atallz.
Responsiveness is not about screen sizes only, it deals with the browsers too. This sucks bro. Go Behind up your design aspect
I am sorry how you feel. But the last time I check I tested the site on top 8 leading browsers. Also the site works Fine across various devices. Between you only rant without saying which Browser you are using. I guess you know that there is different between browsers compatibility and responsive design.

Why not be specific rather than make general misleading comment
Re: What Is Responsive Website Design? by heywhy824(m): 10:29pm On Apr 16, 2016
WebclickNG:
I am sorry how you feel. But the last time I check I tested the site on top 8 leading browsers. Also the site works Fine across various devices. Between you only rant without saying which Browser you are using. I guess you know that there is different between browsers compatibility and responsive design.

Why not be specific rather than make general misleading comment
it's not cute on ucbrowser, and correction bro, I was only telling you the truth cause I kno bout the web too. okay?
Re: What Is Responsive Website Design? by WebclickNG: 12:35pm On Apr 17, 2016
heywhy824:

it's not cute on ucbrowser, and correction bro, I was only telling you the truth cause I kno bout the web too. okay?
Ok. Thanks for the observation. However, UCbrowser is my default browser on my phone and the site appears very fine. I have even tested it against other browsers. I also used Google analytics to monitor the browsers my users used most and try to adapt the site further. As technology evolve, one should continue to upgrade and update one's site to keep pace with modern practices. Whatever way you look at it, responsive web design is the way to go.
Re: What Is Responsive Website Design? by heywhy824(m): 7:14pm On Apr 17, 2016
WebclickNG:
Ok. Thanks for the observation. However, UCbrowser is my default browser on my phone and the site appears very fine. I have even tested it against other browsers. I also used Google analytics to monitor the browsers my users used most and try to adapt the site further. As technology evolve, one should continue to upgrade and update one's site to keep pace with modern practices. Whatever way you look at it, responsive web design is the way to go.
its okay, so what [rojects have you worked on?
Re: What Is Responsive Website Design? by heywhy824(m): 7:14pm On Apr 17, 2016
WebclickNG:
its okay, so what projects have you worked on?
Re: What Is Responsive Website Design? by great664(m): 8:06pm On Apr 17, 2016
Nice with UCweb, wonder the one you were using.
Re: What Is Responsive Website Design? by Prospecmarley(m): 8:25pm On Apr 17, 2016
pls how can i make my w a p k a site to be responsive on pc
Re: What Is Responsive Website Design? by WebclickNG: 11:03pm On Apr 17, 2016
heywhy824:

its okay, so what projects have you worked on?
Do you have a project to undertaking?
Re: What Is Responsive Website Design? by WebclickNG: 11:04pm On Apr 17, 2016
Prospecmarley:
pls how can i make my w a p k a site to be responsive on pc
How was it designed before?
Re: What Is Responsive Website Design? by heywhy824(m): 11:17pm On Apr 17, 2016
WebclickNG:
Do you have a project to undertaking?
yeah!. jst trying to understand some crazy aspects of social networks
Re: What Is Responsive Website Design? by heywhy824(m): 11:18pm On Apr 17, 2016
and at least try building sometins while learning
Re: What Is Responsive Website Design? by amax4u: 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2016
Best Web Design Firm In Portharcourt grin grin grin cheesy

Looking for a Web Designer in Nigeria (Port Harcourt, Lagos, Abuja, etc.) Brandwone is Port Harcourt's best web design company.

For professional services in
- Website Design and Ecommerce website (Fully Functional, Responsive and Dynamic websites)
- Software etc

We are also a:
- Network Management Firm
- Brand Management
- Logo Design
- Graphic Design

For Professional Web Design (...and other ICT Services):
Check us out on our;
Email us: info@brandwoneict.com
Call us today: +234 (0)7053142558, +234 (0)7063054631

Tags:
Port Harcourt's best web design company
web design port harcourt
Ecommerce website designer in port harcourt
Top web designers in port harcourt
Web Hosting company in port harcourt

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Visited Websites In Nigeria / Can U Design A Ponzi Scheme Website, Ur Service Is Needed / Here Is How I Make Money With Online Survey Companies And Popular Scams To Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.