Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Host Unlimited Websites With Addon Domain For The Cost Of One! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Host Unlimited Websites With Addon Domain For The Cost Of One! (456 Views)

I Create Eye-catching Websites With High Functionality(Online Payment) / Cost Of Running A Blog / What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Host Unlimited Websites With Addon Domain For The Cost Of One! by WebclickNG: 9:44am On Apr 16, 2016
An addon domain is a fully functional domain that can be created from within your control panel. Think of it as having multiple hosting packages all sharing the same control panel. You can create email addresses, forwarders and more — the same way you do for your primary domain on the account. The only difference is that the files share the same control panel and server.

The Addon Domain is best for individual who want to maintain more than one website. Say for instance, you own a business, a church, a non-profit organization and possibly a personal blog. Instead of having separate hosting for all website, you simply use an addon domain to host them on a platform. Here is a little Math below:

For instance, a popular hosting company in Nigeria charge N5000 for a 5GB webspace + 15GB Bandwidth excluding domain. If you host 3 websites with them, you would have paid N15000 for hosting. Compare that to the platform I use, where I use Addon domain to host the 3 sites on the same platform. My package comes with 20GB SSD-Accelerated Disk Space, Unlimited bandwidth excluding domain. This will cost me $38.88/year. Even at N300/dollar, I will spend N11,664. Don't forget that I have extra 5GB space plus unlimited bandwidth. Meanwhile, If I use the other package, I will have to upgrade if I exceed my bandwidth.

How an Addon Domain Works
When creating an addon domain, three things happen:
1. a folder is created in the public_html directory
2. a subdomain is created for the primary domain and attached to the new folder
3. the new domain name is associated with the subdomain

This all happens automatically when an addon domain is assigned to an account. There is no need further action other than uploading content to the addon domain.

Addon URL Example
For the primary domain say www.webclick.com.ng, if you assign the addon domain kampe.com.ng to the folder "kampe," the following URLs would be correct:

webclick.com.ng/kampe
kampe.webclick.com.ng
kampe.com.ng

All three of these paths would access the same directory and show the same website. For visitors going to kampe.com.ng, there is no evidence that they are being routed through kampe.webclick.com.ng

How To Get Started
A lot of Hosting sites offer Addon Domain service to their hosting. Simply register the domain and use it as an addon domain. You can create emails on any of the domains. If you have any question, post it below I will try to respond.

(1) (Reply)

Make Money With Cpa /affiliate Markeitng / How Can I Setup Godaddy .com Domain On Mywapblog - Help / For Affordable Website Design And Development...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.