Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (909183 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by if3oluwa(f): 12:45pm On May 02, 2016
mikky4all:
do u have any idea abt a form to be filled online on the schools website in addition to uni-asist's form.
Nah... I only know about uni-assist's application form.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by takeastep: 1:01pm On May 02, 2016
Thank God for the success of your interview.

With whatever you are earning as salary + 24Eur per day, I think you should be more than OK.

You need not to open or fund a blocked account.

However, if the embassy still want you to do so, expect them to send you a mail instructing you to do such. But I don't anticipate that.

If it happens they insist and you don't have money to fund a blocked account, you may need to prove your case maybe by submitting your payslips/account statement...and perhaps, you involve your sponsor.

For now, keep calm and hope for the best.

ayo23us:

Many thanks @Takeastep! Thanks for asking. I was about reaching out to you.

The interview went well. I don't really liked their method, despite arriving the embassy around 6:15am, I wasn't through until past 10am. The VO had just 5 of us for the long stay visa (including a guy from Anambra going for undergraduate study).
After we finished the security checks, the VO lady, who arrived the interview counter at exactly 7am, came with a smiling face, and the student guy beside me said it unusual to see her smile. Then I told him today should be good, and it was actually so.
The documentation process was very tedious unlike my experience at the US embassy. I had no issues with the documentation except that she asked me to go outside and get the prepaid courier envelope. We paid 13,500 as application fee. Virtually the 5 of us where asked to go for the envelope.
Afterwards, we were again called for the main interview. The student guy was the first and he spent so much time. Only God knows what sorts of questions he was being asked. But I have a feeling he would be successful.
For me I answered all questions except that she was like staying I have to open a block account that the stipend (24euros/day) my host in Germany is offering is small. I told her that they would pay for my flight and accommodation too and she said she saw it. She asked how much am earning where I work and I told. She said I have to get insurance and I said that is not a problem. Lastly she told me they would communicate me through e-mail. And that was all.

My question: what's your reaction to the block account stuff? Thanks!+

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by meekmill(m): 2:39pm On May 02, 2016
dprinz99:

yea
bt go to the embassy woth ur Teilnahmebestätigung(ie ur scores in the exams)
i did my interview last time with three cert out of four bt she didnt draw my attentiion to dat,above all,pray

really
but u passed 3 out of 4
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by seunny4lif(m): 2:42pm On May 02, 2016
Hello House
Please i need information on any available Deutsch Language school in Lagos
Anyone please
Please
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by praiseovie(m): 2:50pm On May 02, 2016
Hello everyone, good afternoon and thanks to the gurus in the house. please is there any Nigerian student currently undergoing the masters degree in International Automotive Engineering in Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt, or a fresh applicant. i need some information regarding the online application, because the questions/answers in some sections are quite different from our educational system so please i need some help urgently to avoid mistakes. thanks

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bizzhle: 4:30pm On May 02, 2016
Hello house
preparing for an interview at the embassy and i have this problems and hoping for solutions from here.

1. i dont have any biographically old document except my waec results, will it do?

2. I school cant find my primary school cert but somebody said wasnt compulsory.. how do i go about that.

3. I heard they now conduct written test, possible to get test questions?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by aibee01(m): 5:55pm On May 02, 2016
takeastep:

With whatever you are earning as salary + 24Eur per day, I think you should be more than OK.

However, if the embassy still want you to do so, expect them to send you a mail instructing you to do such. But I don't anticipate that.

If it happens they insist and you don't have money to fund a blocked account, you may need to prove your case maybe by submitting your payslips/account statement...and perhaps, you involve your sponsor.

To buttress your point 670 euro divide by 30days equals 22.33euro......thats for us with blocked account...with 24euro per day the guy should be ok.......though the authority no wan hear say you go manage or anything...but had it been the guy remember/know this calculation na shut up e go be for the VO.......

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by noordyn: 5:59pm On May 02, 2016
hi guyz, pls can anyone give me description to GERMAN consulate here in Lagos as i will like to go there tommorrow. Probably frm OBALENDE.Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 6:23pm On May 02, 2016
noordyn:
hi guyz, pls can anyone give me description to GERMAN consulate here in Lagos as i will like to go there tommorrow. Probably frm OBALENDE.Thanks
Hmm. From Obalende, board a Keke Marwa going to Adeola Odeku. Stop at Bony Contonment...immediately after the brigde..and cross to the other side of the road....thats it...just ask anybody within the business center area....the embassy is a stone throw.

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mikky4all(m): 6:41pm On May 02, 2016
if3oluwa:

Nah... I only know about uni-assist's application form.
just confirmed from the school too
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ProfSamurai(m): 7:05pm On May 02, 2016
mikky4all:
just confirmed from the school too

Can someone with a bachelor's in industrial engineering apply for the course ERM @ if3oluwa. Help please.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ayo23us: 7:14pm On May 02, 2016
Thanks!

I have a feeling that the VO understood what I was trying to explain when I raised the issue of the blocked or no blocked accounts. She later asked how much I was earning per month hear. I told her and even explained that my pay slip is included in the application docs.

But anyway, let's see what happens as I hope for the best.

Best wishes!

takeastep:

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ayo23us: 7:15pm On May 02, 2016
aibee01:

To buttress your point 670 euro divide by 30days equals 22.33euro......thats for us with blocked account...with 24euro per day the guy should be ok.......though the authority no wan hear say you go manage or anything...but had it been the guy remember/know this calculation na shut up e go be for the VO.......

Thanks! Fingers crossed!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 02, 2016
seunny4lif:
Hello House
Please i need information on any available Deutsch Language school in Lagos
Please grin grin grin grin grin grin
hmmm lol
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by seunny4lif(m): 7:20pm On May 02, 2016
angry angry
Wetin angry
ellacute45:
hmmm lol
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 02, 2016
seunny4lif:
angry angry
Wetin angry
take your time you can speak deutsch angry.. You live in Germany too angry
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dennisMOD(m): 7:25pm On May 02, 2016
aibee01:

You're correct! because from 670 euro monthly, one would still pay for accommodation & insurance monthly, hence one can in no way spend up to 24 euro daily from the 670 euro & they still live fine. Let alone his own case where accommodation is already taken care of by his sponsor.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by seunny4lif(m): 7:35pm On May 02, 2016
grin grin
I need the info for my junior broda
I prefer Germany over Canada becos of the school fee but he need at least B2 level for undergraduate course
ellacute45:
take your time you can speak deutsch angry.. You live in Germany too angry
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 02, 2016
seunny4lif:
grin grin
I need the info for my junior broda
I prefer Germany over Canada becos of the school fee but he need at least B2 level for undergraduate course
Goethe Institute lagos I don't know the address
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by seunny4lif(m): 7:57pm On May 02, 2016
ellacute45:
Goethe Institute lagos I don't know the address
I know but its in V.I
Dats far from our place in Lagos sad sad
So, na only Goethe dey offer the program in Nigeria shocked
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 8:06pm On May 02, 2016
seunny4lif:

I know but its in V.I
No. But their certificate is the only one recognized by German schools (...for Nigerians)

Your ward can study outside Goethe (many people do that) and register with them for the exams.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 02, 2016
seunny4lif:

I know but its in V.I
I don't know undecided
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by seunny4lif(m): 8:41pm On May 02, 2016
smiley
Please do you know anyone around Isolo or Ikotun smiley
UncleJudax:

No. But their certificate is the only one recognized by German schools (...for Nigerians)

Your ward can study outside Goethe (many people do that) and register with them for the exams.

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by seunny4lif(m): 8:42pm On May 02, 2016
angry angry
Olofofo angry grin
You don't know angry
ellacute45:
I don't know undecided
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 02, 2016
seunny4lif:
angry angry
Olofofo angry grin
You don't know angry
angry
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by seunny4lif(m): 8:50pm On May 02, 2016
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by domex007: 8:55pm On May 02, 2016
Goodday friends,
Great job u guys r doing here, more grace to ur elbow.
I am new to this thread and want to study abroad, I have tried US no way tried Canada no way and I am here I want to try Germany,
I am an undergraduate of 23 years and finished high school in 2010 looking to study in Germany, I have no idea where to start and how to go about it to avoid making mistake. I really will like to know my chances of getting visa.
I have been on this study abroad stuff since 2013.
Please I need help.
Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dprinz99(m): 9:29pm On May 02, 2016
If u speak Deutsch,dis will b a gud option for u.its abt accomodation.
"wohnen für hilfe".you live in an appartment n do little household jobs(base on arrangement) by dis,u spare ur rent.
1hour work=1m^2 free.
in a nutshell,u only pay for nebenkosten(beispiel Strom,Wasser,Heizung uzw)
it works in almost all die cities
hamburg
kiel
bremen
konstanz
dmstadt
uzw
just google "wohnen fur hilfe"n read it,u may b iinterested.
remember,if u settle ur case with acomodation,wahalai ,u r free.
my 2 perso

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dprinz99(m): 9:35pm On May 02, 2016
domex007:
Goodday friends,
Great job u guys r doing here, more grace to ur elbow.
I am new to this thread and want to study abroad, I have tried US no way tried Canada no way and I am here I want to try Germany,
I am an undergraduate of 23 years and finished high school in 2010 looking to study in Germany, I have no idea where to start and how to go about it to avoid making mistake. I really will like to know my chances of getting visa.
I have been on this study abroad stuff since 2013.
Please I need help.
Thanks
u r in d ryt place n in d arena of visa testimonies bt u need some questions

r u in any naija uni currently?
do u speak germa?
or
do u hv any A'level cert?

dos r ur steping stone to studying in Germany.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 9:37pm On May 02, 2016
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 9:37pm On May 02, 2016
seunny4lif:
smiley
Please do you know anyone around Isolo or Ikotun smiley
Off the top of my head? No. But I could ask a guy I know that studies outside Goethe though.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by seunny4lif(m): 9:38pm On May 02, 2016
kiss
Thanks you joor
I need it fast ni
UncleJudax:

Off the top of my head? No. But I could ask a guy I know that studies outside Goethe though

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.