Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,603 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (911532 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tunddy(m): 7:50am On Apr 02, 2017
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by etinergy: 10:47am On Apr 02, 2017
Hallo, anyone coming to germany anytime soon?.. i really do need help in getting some very small things. I am willing to pay for the help
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tunddy(m): 10:53am On Apr 02, 2017
futurewise11:

No.

Family union, tourist are other route.
which of the visas is easy to get ??
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by futurewise11(m): 11:34am On Apr 02, 2017
tunddy:
which of the visas is easy to get ??

Family re union..Imo
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by motorized: 12:45pm On Apr 02, 2017
Dear All, I'm new to this thread. I'll like to study in Germany. Please help with these questions:

1- would I still be able to apply and get Masters admission for September 2017?

2- Are there jobs I can do when I get there? Both during studies and after studies?

3- Are there schools that admit without requesting for TOEFL or ielts?

Please help
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by yeancahblack: 2:19pm On Apr 02, 2017
Good day everyone,

Please has anyone tried opening uni-assist in the last 2 days. I have been trying to access uni-assist but their site won't open. I would like to know if it's a general problem
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by MrEbony(m): 2:24pm On Apr 02, 2017
motorized:
Dear All, I'm new to this thread. I'll like to study in Germany. Please help with these questions:

1- would I still be able to apply and get Masters admission for September 2017?

2- Are there jobs I can do when I get there? Both during studies and after studies?

3- Are there schools that admit without requesting for TOEFL or ielts?

Please help

1. Yes! Visit daad.de/en to search for courses and their application dealines.

2. Yes! Your permit can be extended for you to look for jobs after your studies.

3. Yes! The first step is to send an email to the Course Director if you can be exempted cos your Bachelor's Degree was done in English. You can as well get a 'proficiency letter' written by your Alma Mater that you degree was completed in English language.

NOTE: it varies from school to school.

I hope this helps.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nerressa: 6:42pm On Apr 02, 2017
sirheed2:
Hi everyone,
Last week thursday makes it exactly 4 weeks after my interview, and im yet to hear from the embassy. Do i need to be worried ? My enrollment deadline is 20th April.
The waiting is killing men. Hoping for the best!

@TJ how is ovgu, magdeburg? Prepare where i go stay for me o as i don get u as a brother for there now my mind dey at rest.

which city?
Kiel?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Neyoalao(m): 8:54pm On Apr 02, 2017
I was reading through the old thread and came across this message by Eke40seven on Nov 18 2014 and it hurts to still realize that the trend is still the same till now.

Eke40seven :
Your question brings us back to what we are really missing on this thread...I don't know if am gonna step on toes, but the feedback available after getting visa is really poor. People just tend to gain from something and NEVER give back.
Back to you Brother without elaborating much because of some confidential details...one thing about the southern States like Munich is that they are quite expensive in terms of accommodation and cost of living but there is more than enough job to go round...the Bavarian accent too is something else but there are quite a number of English speakers...If you want a metropolitan life Munich in the south will give it to you..there are other smaller (relative) southern cities which are less expensive but still good. e.g Nuremberg, Fürth, Ingolstadt, Augsburg, Würzburg, all in Bavaria and Stuttgart, Reutlingen, Heilbronn in Baden Württemberg. Hamburg in the north is not as rich as the south, but its a great metropolis one can survive in although relatively colder but with a clearer accent.
The thing you should consider as a new migrant I think is to know where you know someone so that you can settle better and more easily then may be move on when you have found your bearing.
PM ogbeche77 , he schools in Munich and should be able to give you a more detailed description. While you are at it, you can register with toytown-germany and look up similar questions or ask about your city of interest if the people there can help with information (note that people there are not the street hustling type and their view may be 'buttered' kind of)
My 2 cowries!
I want to make some truthful comments, in respect to people who had crossed over excluding those who are just settling and finding their bearing. Most have really gained from the combined wisdom of this thread, travel dreams and aspirations which have been nurtured right to the extent of leaving the shores of the nation but after that people tend to just easily forget the thread and never come to add from their experiences after gaining from others... which is rather exploitative and selfish or will I say snobbish..There was a thread on german student's survival, none hardly visit but look at the UK's equivalent, very very vibrant and great ideas are shared.
How I just wish I had my visa already I could have revived it or at least carry on from where they stopped. I understand that study could be intense and hustle demanding, but if all that were on this thread and left successfully for Germany spends just 10 minutes a week to post something, this thread would be the best by far.
I hail those ogas who visit from time to time though.
I hail some selfless dudes like Naijaobi (who has been present from page 2or 3) Beebee5000, Kelly4top, junipro and some others who show up from time to time.
Just saying something as short and meaningless as "Rostock is quite a cold and interesting place" can inspire someone out there as someone also inspired you when you didn't even know what a certified copy is.
This thread was inspired by suxes2005 by just mere observation that getting german visa was relatively easy and that simple post have helped so many either directly or indirectly.
Well, ama introduce the 'Eke40seven meets.... on german JJC moments', a sorta interview for new comers to Germany.
..........coming soon

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ProfSamurai(m): 9:36pm On Apr 02, 2017
The application portal for FHWS wurzburg-schweinfurt has opened, you need uniassist vpd (pre-evaluation cert) - it can be handed in later though...

Mechatronics
Business Engineering
Logistics... all BSc...

If anyone is headed to this direction, mention me...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Eke40seven(m): 2:17am On Apr 03, 2017
ProfSamurai:
I opened nairaland in class today and my friend from Brazil said 'i know this site - it is very popular, detailed and well organised... it helped me in school selection and coming here(Germany)'

So guys keep up the good work....
It's great to know that the thread have gone far and wide Brother!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 3:14am On Apr 03, 2017
ProfSamurai:
The application portal for FHWS wurzburg-schweinfurt has opened, you need uniassist vpd (pre-evaluation cert) - it can be handed in later though...

Mechatronics
Business Engineering
Logistics... all BSc...

If anyone is headed to this direction, pm me...
please sir can you shed more light pertaining to the uni assist process of this school as i cant find any explanation on their site but its there on daad.de and explain what you mean by it can be handed in later. thanks.
and secondly i already have a B.Eng in mechanical engineering is it advisable to still apply,?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ProfSamurai(m): 6:25am On Apr 03, 2017
pitapromiz:
please sir can you shed more light pertaining to the uni assist process of this school as i cant find any explanation on their site but its there on daad.de and explain what you mean by it can be handed in later. thanks.
and secondly i already have a B.Eng in mechanical engineering is it advisable to still apply,?

I had a BSc, but am running another BSc in Business and Engineering - it depends on you.

Uniassist will have to do preliminary evaluation of your document and send to the school. You can apply to the school and uniassist at the same time . But you have to hand in your uniassist number to the school.

I will also advise you to send the preliminary evaluation cert. to the school when you receive it from uniassist.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lexzynation: 9:45am On Apr 03, 2017
Pls am a graduate of university of Benin but am going for another bsc in computer science....how do I go about it
From the introduction pls
Let someone put me through pls
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lexzynation: 9:46am On Apr 03, 2017
I mean in Germany pls
This is urgent
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ifesinachinero: 10:26am On Apr 03, 2017
lexzynation:
Pls am a graduate of university of Benin but am going for another bsc in computer science....how do I go about it
From the introduction pls
Let someone put me through pls

My brother just take your time, chill and go through the old pages.... Use your writing notes to take down important notes... It will help you...
Anything you need is there..

#be blessed
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by holychic: 10:34am On Apr 03, 2017
Does anybody have euros for sale, I need 1900euro. Pls pm if you have. Thank you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by henriq2: 10:50am On Apr 03, 2017
ProfSamurai:

Mechatronics
Business Engineering
Logistics... all BSc...

If anyone is headed to this direction, pm me...

I've been following the school and definitely going there (God willing).

Their Mechatronics taught in English is starting the first set this winter.

People that have Bacherlors taught in English, do you know if they waive IELTS test for them.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joshmedia1: 10:58am On Apr 03, 2017
holychic:
Does anybody have euros for sale, I need 1900euro. Pls pm if you have. Thank you
PM SENT
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ProfSamurai(m): 11:04am On Apr 03, 2017
henriq2:

I've been following the school and definitely going there (God willing).

Their Mechatronics taught in English is starting the first set this winter.

People that have Bacherlors taught in English, do you know if they waive IELTS test for them.

Get a proof of English. It will do you good.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ProfSamurai(m): 11:50am On Apr 03, 2017
Is Anyone going for Hannover Messe 2017?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by donkafor(m): 12:23pm On Apr 03, 2017
Anyone who applied to TUHH? Hope am not the only one going there. Where is the ARMANI of Hamburg? We need to talk..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by rudyislife: 8:27pm On Apr 03, 2017
etinergy:
Hallo, anyone coming to germany anytime soon?.. i really do need help in getting some very small things. I am willing to pay for the help
i am you could pm me
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vowolabi(m): 10:06pm On Apr 03, 2017
good evening all
I recently booked an appointment for certification of document via the online booking system and the confirmation e-mail came in german language. I am supposed to take the printed email with me and I hope that the fact that it's in german language will not affect anything. thanks [i]good evening all
I recently booked an appointment for certification of document via the online booking system and the confirmation e-mail came in german language. I am supposed to take the printed email with me and I hope that the fact that it's in german language will not affect anything. thanks [/i]good evening all
I recently booked an appointment for certification of document via the online booking system and the confirmation e-mail came in german language. I am supposed to take the printed email with me and I hope that the fact that it's in german language will not affect anything. thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tunddy(m): 10:08pm On Apr 03, 2017
Pls what school can I study in Germany for masters as scholarship level and what is the procedure for the scholarship.....can programmes like GRE or Toefl work out for me?? What is the procedure......what are the schools in Germany that can accept GRE Or Toefl programs ??
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tekay: 10:17pm On Apr 03, 2017
rudyislife:
i am you could pm me

Hello house,
Has anyone opened and transfered funds into a blocked account recently?
I wish to know if the €8700 would be converted to naira based on the official price of Euro in Nigeria or the market price. I need the naira equivalent and best bank to use.
Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jay123000: 10:40pm On Apr 03, 2017
[quote author=ninered post=55162133] STEPS TO TRAVEL TO GERMANY (student way)
1. Decide that you want to study in Germany
2. Find a program/University of your choice
3. Get all required documents
4. Certify photocopy of documents at German embassy/high court/notary public
5. Apply to the university through uni-assist or courier (depends)
6. Receive admission letter(s)
7. i) Book appointment and open block account with your Admission letter
ii) or get sponsor living in Germany(with 1500euro monthly salary)
8. Book appointment for VISA interview
9. Interview proper
10. Waiting period (have a doctor's number on your speed dial grin )
11. The A.M mail drops...CONGRATS
12. Get travel insurance and book flight ticket
13. Port to Germany

DISCLAIMER; The above content is based on personal research, hearsay and other people's experience...You are fully and soley responsible for any actions or results If you choose to act on the above information.

SOURCES; GOOGLE, daad.de, German embassy website, family/friends living in Germany

ALERT!!! In other to celebrate APRIL FOOLS Day the Embassy is giving away Free Visa. Hurry while offer last...closes 12 midnight.

A CHINESE proverb says if you have benefited from something then you owe a moral obligation to give back to the people that helped you.

Pls do u mean no visa fees for students visa and no filling of the visa forms? pls just want to know

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jay123000: 10:42pm On Apr 03, 2017
Pls @ninered, Do u mean there is no visa fees for students visa and no filling of visa forms before interview?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Olargee: 7:22am On Apr 04, 2017
I'm not a pessimist, but from the programs i watch on Nat Geo and CBS reality, careful what you carry for strangers, you will pass through at least two customs checkpoints (direct fight), if you must help someone, avoid sealed packages and always label the items with proper issued identification should you need to trace the sender.
rudyislife:
i am you could pm me

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by surdik(m): 7:35am On Apr 04, 2017
holychic:
i can only offer you 500euros
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ggetter50: 7:48am On Apr 04, 2017
Hello house,

Is tuition fee now applicable to all German Universities?

Starting from which semester are they going to start charging.., Summer 2017, Winter 2017 or Summer 2018?

Please i really need your input on this.

Cc: Eke40seven , honourableseyi and ProfSamurai

Thanks guys.

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.