Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,623 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (909099 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by munky(m): 1:30am On Jun 01, 2016
please any ex futoite in the house.. How did you get letter from the university to attest that english was the medium of instruction..

please anybody with meaningful info should help ASAP
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by teeghost: 6:17am On Jun 01, 2016
Eke40seven:

Send a message to the coordinator or international office and explain that you have been taught in English all your life and your country's official language is English.
They might waive it, I think the school did in the past.

Thank You EKe40seven...I'll do just dat.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Eke40seven(m): 6:26am On Jun 01, 2016
Pauluche:
I'm sorry, this may raise up past issues but this is in response to a post by Eke40seven which I read sometime ago. I couldn't reply because I was tied up with so many stuffs.
Boss Eke I do not know where and how you got those information that you wrote about Jena in this thread however, I am writing to debunk those claims.
Firstly, while I do not encourage people to borrow huge sum of money in a bid to get to Germany, I wouldn't discourage anyone who is willing to try out their luck. Fate has a way of repaying everyone for their effort.
Secondly, to that guy who's thinking of coming to Jena, please do. You are highly welcome! In fact do whatever it takes to see your dream of coming to Germany become a reality.
Jena is NOT exactly the way Eke painted it. It is a city not some suburb. There are student jobs in Jena, Erfurt, Nora, Weimar to mention a few. All you require is good command of the German language. Without German knowledge, the probalilty of you getting a job in Jena is slim you may have to go out to the other cities which I mentioned earlier.
I am not trying to defend the city but in all honesty having a student job here is more profitable than having it in the big cities. Why? On the average a prudent student will not spend more than 380-420 euros per month. House rent 180, insurance 83, feeding and other petty things make up the balance. Now how many ''big cities'' can average that? I know of people who pay 450-550 euros per month on rent alone.
Even if you decide to not work you can still save as much as 250 euros per month.
Finally most Nigerians and indeed Africans in Jena have jobs. We all know the nature of student jobs......
I know of a friend who borrowed 1.4million naira. He earns around 400-450 euros per month from his mini job. As I write this, he has been able to send 4600 Euros home in the space of seven months! How did he do it? He's been living on his earnings and hasn't touched the money in his block account for seven months!
So Boss Eke I do not understand where those statement of yours emanated from.
Anyone who's not had a Job since they got here probably haven't put in enough effort in getting one or they have no knowledge of German.
I recently decided to prove to myself that there are jobs in this city by going out in search of a job. There was virtually no place I stopped by that they didn't consider giving me a mini job so what are we saying?
Conclusively, if you are to risk borrowing, ensure that:
You are knowledgeable in German
You have a fair idea of the job condition in that city
The city you intend to live in is relatively inexpensive.

My one cent advice.

Okay. Wait, you will hear from the horse's mouth soon.
We all know 95% of the people leaving here cannot speak German. So I am speaking as a Nigerian.
I will probably invite someone soon, one has spent 2 years and the other 1 year plus. They will feed you the hard truth!
"If you are hoping to make some money while schooling and you are from Nigeria. I will warn you again DON'T GO TO JENA!!!!!!!!" That was a quote by someone who schooled in that environment for almost 2 years now.
Two people living in the city and close by have warned me personally.
A friend Tosin is even moving down south for Oktoberfest jobs.
If it was as rosy as you painted, you won't travel all the way down to Graben here in Bavaria almost 10 hours by bus to do an interview for a job. I stay relatively closer to Graben but yet still considering the sacrifice and inconvenience.
Do you live in the city? You might have been lucky to get one though, but in general many will find it tough.
Since you live there, no shit then.
I support people living in smaller and cheaper cities where there are jobs than bigger cities because of cost of housing. However, if you stay in a studentenwerk accommodation, things level themselves out. Studentenwerk München doesn't come cheap though compared to other places.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by teeghost: 6:29am On Jun 01, 2016
Itstyme:

Are you going for Bsc or Msc. I am considering BTU Cottbus as well. Have you applied via uni-assist?

I applied for both Via Uni-assist, what programme are you considering to apply for?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chrisley024(m): 6:56am On Jun 01, 2016
munky:
please any ex futoite in the house.. How did you get letter from the university to attest that english was the medium of instruction..

Go to Registrar/Exams and Records at the former SEET Head. They'll direct you on the app process.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by emmauu: 7:20am On Jun 01, 2016
@takeastep thank you for your prompt response. I'm joining my spouse and she is a German citizen. The verification of my documents /marriage has been successfully concluded since January this year and I have been issued with a german marriage certificate. I wonder why the visa is still taking time after my application in April.

Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bartork(m): 8:02am On Jun 01, 2016
foreverkind1:
Please house, those a bsc in physiology relates with a postgraduate course in cosmetic science, I need candid opinions please ,thank u

Cosmetic science. May be an advanced option in relation to physiology since physiology has to do with the body (normal functioning and behaviour of the body) and cusmetics and toiletries are used on the body. Am sure some courses taken at the bsc level would be related or a bit similar to what would be taught at the msc level of cosmetics science.

I hope it helps
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by emmauu: 8:24am On Jun 01, 2016
takeastep:
No need to panic.

Family reunion visa takes about 3-4 months. Even more in some cases. Though based on individual circumstances.

For more info: Are you joining your spouse, or family?

@takeastep thank you for your prompt response. I'm joining my spouse and she is a German citizen. The verification of my documents /marriage has been successfully concluded since January this year and I have been issued with a german marriage certificate. I wonder why the visa is still taking time after my application in April.

Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hadassaheke(f): 9:32am On Jun 01, 2016
munky:

Hi, Good morning.....
Just write a formal letter addressing it to the registrar requesting for an English proficiency letter, at the end write down the names of the schools that you want the letters to be addressed to. Attach a copy of your statement of result and submit at Senate (registrars office). Mine took less than a week. You'll collect the letter, at the old SEET head. Goodluck!

Ps: you can apply for as many as possible.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dprinz99(m): 10:19am On Jun 01, 2016
dprinz99:
My problem is so pathetic.
I started this jouney sinz 2014,unfortunate I was duped then cos I didn't knw abt this thread though,came here and read through part one and I learnt abt STUDIENKOLLEG,then I encouraged myself and learnt German to B1 level.
I got an invitation to wrt an entry test into studienkolleg konstanZ dis summer,I did my interview and applied for Form A,unfortunately,the time was too short and I withdrew my visa application.
I replied agn for winter and I've gotten invitation from abt 4 schools and STil expecting from 2 more.
I reAplied agn for visa with an invitation letter from STUDIENKOLeG KIEL, my interview was on 22.04.2016.
I initiated form A sinz last two weeks with sterling bnk Bt the pain full truth is that my accnt hasn't been debited till today.
now the problem is,ny aufnametest is on 6.06.2016 and truth be told,I dnt c any possibility of meeting up with this deadline,unless Gid intervenes
my dad is tired of this stuff and he told me that its my last chance of tring Germany.
now my question is,I hv abt 3 more letters from other studienkolleg
with different dates for entrance test
stk damstadt 26.06.2016
stk konstanz 05.07.2016
stk bochum 02.08 2016

wat should I do?I dnt wanna miss dis winter agn
should I wrt the embassy and send a new admission letter with a later aufnametest date to them?
will they understand the issue of forex in our country and knw that its NT my fault?
or will this by any means shoes desperation?
will it affect the issuance of my visa?
pls I need ur candid opinions and ansas frm experienced persons.

pls dnt 4get,I've already done interview 2times.
thanks for ur help in advance
st

pls some1 should help me.
I don't knw wat to do agn.it seems no one
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by barleeh: 10:25am On Jun 01, 2016
Yepa, omo I carry yarnsh for TUM oooo, applied since January till now dem no even say Hi to me, apart from say them don receive ma documents, if u applying to TUM u really need to take a chill pill grin ,
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dprinz99(m): 10:33am On Jun 01, 2016
lamingo:

your story is pathetic. PM me, I may have some very useful information.
ived sent u a pm pls reply asap thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kelvinpam(m): 11:05am On Jun 01, 2016
jbadmus:
In other news, I received a notification of admission into M.Sc Electrical Engineering from University of Rostock today. I am still waiting for the main one from University of Siegen( M.SC Mechatronics) comes the last week in June.Mechatronics rocks.Anyone with me on Unisiegen ( M.Sc Mechatronics) ? Many shout out to kelvinPam, the main man in Siegen.
hello brother.. I think jus4c also applied for mechatronics. Congrats on your admission.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by detutu1: 11:15am On Jun 01, 2016
liftedkris:
did u just advise people not to sign the depositor form? Why? I remember it was that same naija woman that attended to me the day I went to submit mine. She makes a lot of mistakes, she even collected the old form from me and I was bounced bk by DB. I letter resent without writing anything in tax ID etc and not signing depositor form and was bounced bk again and asked to sign it by DB. My guy I pray for u today

Really? This same lady checked the last page and asked why I signed it, collected my passport to check if it is the same and said 'who asked you to sign it' btw, i am not saying they will not sign it eventually they will when they get to the consulate..I am saying do not sign it before hand besides, when you see a blank space why not ask why you are not signing in that space as well? undecided my tax id if filled and your prayers are appreciated. I have not dealt with her before but as @futurewise11 has said she makes mistakes I hope mine isnt one of them
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Pakinsluv: 11:17am On Jun 01, 2016
Good day all

Please who has been admitted to Universität Bremen for Environmental Physics or any other course.. Pls add me on bbm lets talk 58D5E69D.

Also please who knows about Bremen well? Please tell me more about the city.. Am really confused here, I got admitted to RWTH Aachen for Msc Physics and Universität Bremen for Msc Environmental Physics. Now I don't know which one to go for.
Really need advice on this.

Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by detutu1: 11:18am On Jun 01, 2016
i know this someone said he/she registered using the portal for visa application...that, is what i addressed. I am updated tongue
honourableseyi:

Nearly everybody knows that. The online booking system people are talking about recently is the new embassy procedure for those that want to certify document or open block account at the embassy. Starting from the 1st or 2nd of June, the era of going to the embassy between Mon-Wed for certification and block account opening without appointment will be over. Get updated. Shalom
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by liftedkris: 11:19am On Jun 01, 2016
dprinz99:

pls some1 should help me.
I don't knw wat to do agn.it seems no one
I told u that I had similar case. Simply send them an email and attack ur new admission letter
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sparkle01: 11:26am On Jun 01, 2016
Got a message from embassy to pay my 3 month travel insurance and submit my passport last week thursday.. Does that mean my visa as been approved

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by takeastep: 11:28am On Jun 01, 2016
Yes! Congratulations.

sparkle01:
Got a message from embassy to pay my 3 month travel insurance and submit my passport last week thursday.. Does that mean my visa as been approved
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by teeghost: 11:29am On Jun 01, 2016
barleeh:
Yepa, omo I carry yarnsh for TUM oooo, applied since January till now dem no even say Hi to me, apart from say them don receive ma documents, if u applying to TUM u really need to take a chill pill grin ,

LMFAO@*Say hi to me*...hahhhahhhahhaha, can't stop Laughing..they will, just have faith my broda...lol
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vampire2020: 11:32am On Jun 01, 2016
dprinz99:

pls some1 should help me. I don't knw wat to do agn.it seems no one
hey bro can u pm me ur numba,
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by teeghost: 11:32am On Jun 01, 2016
sparkle01:

YES ooo!!, Congratulations!!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kelvinpam(m): 11:34am On Jun 01, 2016
Pakinsluv:
Good day all

Please who has been admitted to Universität Bremen for Environmental Physics or any other course.. Pls add me on bbm lets talk 58D5E69D.

Also please who knows about Bremen well? Please tell me more about the city.. Am really confused here, I got admitted to RWTH Aachen for Msc Physics and Universität Bremen for Msc Environmental Physics. Now I don't know which one to go for.
Really need advice on this.

Thanks
both schools are great considering your course. In my opinion i'll choose Aachen. Admission into that school could be difficult and you scaled passed it. So you can probably handle what eva is thrown at you. Bremen is also cool. There is a reasonable black presence there with respect to nigerians too. So both school are great. It would be difficult making a choice. Good luck man.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by takeastep: 11:37am On Jun 01, 2016
If i get you clearly, you submitted your application in April? If Yes, youy time starts counting the day you submitted the application. The embassy in Lagos will still have to send your application to the aliens authority {Ausländerbehörde} in your proposed city of visit. The aliens authority have the final say. Embassy in Lagos cant do or send you anything until and unless they hear from the aliens authority.

I advice you wait till exactly after 2 months, if you still dont hear anything, find the contact email and perhaps phone number of the aliens authority in your proposed city {use google}, table your case clearly with them and be patient for response.

In addition, if your spouse resides in Germany, tell her to visit the aliens authority on your behalf. Give her your application details including reference number. She will definitely get a response from them.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Good luck.

emmauu:

Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by praiseovie(m): 11:53am On Jun 01, 2016
hello bosses and bose cheesy
i am about taking the ICE - TU Darmstadt masters online test, i seriously need some clues. one really need to pass this test, and these are topics that one partially learnt, some were not even taught at all under this our naija silly university system (including cramming to pass method). Man don even leave school for many years now, person head full with money searching techniques, greener pastures, block account and others cheesy
i would be grateful on any assistance, tips and clues i can get, thanks all
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 01, 2016
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kazeem12345: 12:05pm On Jun 01, 2016
jbadmus:

Hmmmm... they will still get back to you. I sent my pre-check documents to them on the 8th of February,2016 and got a feedback from them on the 16th of April,2016. I was informed to provide a proof of English Language skill which was never part of the initial requirements. Seeing this , I replied them that it was clearly stated on the application page of M.SC(Embedded System for Mechatronics) that an applicant whose bachelors programme was completed in English Language need not provide such a proof.The programme coordinator made me to understand, from his reply, that the particular statement I quoted was no longer valid. My application was turned down on this premise.So, chill, they will still send you a mail but be ready to supply information about your English language skill.
This is serious, will take my mind off it then at the moment. I have english proficiency certificate if they need it.

Thank you @jbadmus
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kazeem12345: 12:16pm On Jun 01, 2016
jbadmus:
In other news, I received a notification of admission into M.Sc Electrical Engineering from University of Rostock today. I am still waiting for the main one from University of Siegen( M.SC Mechatronics) comes the last week in June.Mechatronics rocks.Anyone with me on Unisiegen ( M.Sc Mechatronics) ? Many shout out to kelvinPam, the main man in Siegen.

@Jbadmus, seems we are sailing through same application. I applied to Rostock as well but sent my documents 10th of may but this people sef have not mailed to acknowledge receipt of my parcel.

did they mail you when they got your your documents?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by royaldok: 12:30pm On Jun 01, 2016
TNT really fall my hand this time, don't know if anyone else experienced this in the past. Sending my documents from Lagos to Uni-assist in Berlin, I discovered that another consignment has the same shipment number as mine, the other consignment was sent from Creteil, France, to Berlin, Germany. To my utmost dismay, both consignment were received and signed by Schroeder! Well, after I tracked my document, I got the following tracking details...

Shipment received and signed by schroeder
30 May 2016 14:55 (Local time)
Berlin 30 May 2016 14:55
Consignment Delivered To Residential
30 May 2016 10:16 (Local time)
Be7 30 May 2016 10:16
Out For Delivery.
30 May 2016 05:25 (Local time)
Be7 30 May 2016 05:25
Shipment Received At Tnt Location
28 May 2016 12:15 (Local time)
Be7 28 May 2016 12:15
Shipment Arrived At Tnt Location
28 May 2016 08:11 (Local time)
Be7 28 May 2016 08:11
Customer Not Home. Follow Up Actions Underway
28 May 2016 07:56 (Local time)
Be7 28 May 2016 07:56
Out For Delivery.
28 May 2016 03:57 (Local time)
Be7 28 May 2016 03:57
27 May 2016 17:56 (Local time)
Be7 27 May 2016 17:56
27 May 2016 13:17 (Local time)
Be7 27 May 2016 13:17
Receiving Customer Requires Prior Notification Of Delivery
27 May 2016 12:39 (Local time)
Be7 27 May 2016 12:39
Customer Not Home. Follow Up Actions Underway
27 May 2016 10:11 (Local time)
Berlin 27 May 2016 10:11
Shipment Delivered In Good Condition.
27 May 2016 09:42 (Local time)
Be7 27 May 2016 09:42
Out For Delivery.
27 May 2016 08:24 (Local time)
Be7 27 May 2016 08:24
27 May 2016 07:07 (Local time)
Berlin 27 May 2016 07:07
Shipment In Transit.
27 May 2016 05:50 (Local time)
Berlin 27 May 2016 05:50
Delay Due To Congestion En Route. Recovery Action Underway.
27 May 2016 01:41 (Local time)
Liege Euro Hub 27 May 2016 01:41
Shipment In Transit.
27 May 2016 01:32 (Local time)
Liege Euro Hub 27 May 2016 01:32
Shipment Received At Transit Point.
27 May 2016 01:07 (Local time)
Liege Euro Hub 27 May 2016 01:07
26 May 2016 19:02 (Local time)
Amsterdam 26 May 2016 19:02
Shipment In Transit.
26 May 2016 18:09 (Local time)
Amsterdam 26 May 2016 18:09
26 May 2016 04:14 (Local time)
Garonor Road Hub 26 May 2016 04:14
Shipment Received At Transit Point.
25 May 2016 21:03 (Local time)
Lagos 25 May 2016 21:03
Shipment In Transit.
25 May 2016 19:18 (Local time)
Creteil 25 May 2016 19:18
25 May 2016 19:17 (Local time)
Creteil 25 May 2016 19:17
Shipment In Transit.
25 May 2016 18:07 (Local time)
Lagos 25 May 2016 18:07
Shipment In Transit.
25 May 2016 18:00 (Local time)
Lagos 25 May 2016 18:00
Shipment Received At Origin Depot.
25 May 2016 08:33 (Local time)
Lagos 25 May 2016 08:33

The statements in bold got me confused. Shey Uni-assist na residence or who be the customer wey nor dey house? My deadline is exactly 2 weeks from now. I need suggestions from my honorable colleagues to help demystify this TNT puzzle abeg...thanks all.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Pakinsluv: 12:57pm On Jun 01, 2016
Kelvinpam:

both schools are great considering your course. In my opinion i'll choose Aachen. Admission into that school could be difficult and you scaled passed it. So you can probably handle what eva is thrown at you. Bremen is also cool. There is a reasonable black presence there with respect to nigerians too. So both school are great. It would be difficult making a choice. Good luck man.
Yeah both schools are very cool.. But in RWTH Aachen, I will have to do both Masters College which will cost 5500€ and the Master program itself which will also cost 238€ per semester. Then in Bremen, i will just do the main Masters Programme which will cost only 289€ per semester.

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.