Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,921 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Nigerian Army Ranks And Their Salaries - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Army Ranks And Their Salaries (7530 Views)

See The Nigerian Army Ranks And Their Salaries / See The Nigerian Army Ranks And Their Salaries. / Soldiers Write Chief Of Army Staff Over Illegal Deduction Of Their Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Ranks And Their Salaries by iliyande(m): 1:42pm On Apr 16, 2016
To know more on the Nigerian Army Ranks and their Salaries, I opted to carry out my research online and I came about with my findings which I would present soon, below.

I also found out that in obtaining such information on the salary structure of the Nigerian Army and the Nigerian Army ranks, soldiers of low ranking in the Nigerian military are paid very little as compared to soldiers in the western world and even the salary of a Nigerian Senator.

You might be of the opinion that we should not compare the salary of a Nigerian soldier with that of an American soldier but I believe that these gallant men who risked their lives fighting and defending the territorial boundaries of Nigeria should be paid handsomely.

Without much ado, lets first take a look at the ranks in the Nigerian Army before we delve into the army salaries by rank.

Ranks in the Nigerian Army
You should be aware that the Nigerian Army ranking system is divided into two, i.e the Commissioned Officers and the Non-commissioned officers. I arranged the Nigerian army ranks in order from the highest to the lowest.

For Commissioned Officers in the Nigerian Army
Field Marshal
General
Lieutenant General
Major General
Brigadier General
Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Major
Captain
Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
For Non Commissioned Officers in the Nigerian Army
According to the army ranking in order or hierarchy, their are 8 ranks in for non-commissioned officers in the Nigerian Army and they include:

Warrant Officer Class I
Warrant Officer Class II
Staff Sergeant
Sergeant
Corporal
Lance-Corporal
Private
Recruit
Having known the Nigerian Army ranks, lets delve into the Nigerian Army salary structure.

Salary Structure of Nigerian Army
Although there are many sources online publicizing how much a soldier is paid, I opted to pick one that corresponded with others. Please note that this Nigerian Army salary list might not be accurate but I believe its near the real figures.

Private Soldier: N48-49,000

Lance Corporal: N54-55,000

Corporal: N58,000

Sergeant: N63,000

Staff Sergeant: N68,000

Warrant Officer: N80,000

Master Warrant Officer: N90,000

Commissioned Officers Nigerian Army Salary Structure
Second Lieutenant: N120,000

Lieutenant: N180,000

Captain: N220,000

Major: N300,000

Lt. Colonel: N350,000

Colonel: N550,000

Brigadier General: N750,000

Major General: N950,000

Lt. General: N1 million

General: N1.5 million

With these Nigerian Army Ranks and their salaries, I personally don’t think that the government is doing enough in seeing that these men of the Nigerian Army and their families are taken care off. Do you think same or other wise?

http://kyrianblog.com/nigerian-army-ranks-salaries/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Ranks And Their Salaries by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 16, 2016
Ok, a former general is on throne, just relax

(1) (Reply)

The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? / Thinking Of Going For Pharmacy Or Dentistry After B.sc In Botany (advice pls) / Public Relations (PR) CASE-STUDIES 4 Sale: 08139458588

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.