Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,771 members, 7,851,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:08 AM

Nigerians Must Resist Attempt To Change Constitution To Suit Saraki -Sen. Marafa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Must Resist Attempt To Change Constitution To Suit Saraki -Sen. Marafa (21250 Views)

Senator Kabir Marafa Blocks Ibe Kachikwu From Revealing Relationship With Buhari / Edo Leaders Vow To Resist Attempt To Remove Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Must Resist Attempt To Change Constitution To Suit Saraki -Sen. Marafa by EdoBoy90(m): 1:55am On Apr 17, 2016
where is our twitter Senator to raise an alarm over this? when issue like this is on ground, he will disappear from twitter. Hope is amending the constitution with them to save d thief of false assets declaration.
Re: Nigerians Must Resist Attempt To Change Constitution To Suit Saraki -Sen. Marafa by nkemjacob2(m): 2:34am On Apr 17, 2016
Am begining to like the interest of people 2wards the senators, nigerians are realising dat d senators are bunch of greed, lack of patrotism, no vision, personal interest. D sudden bill concerning d CCT/CCB is not been done to favor saraki, even though they changed bill d court will stil use d previous law on saraki case, what d senators are doing now is 2 save themselves in future cos dey no they will fall suit, dat same law will position dem where saraki is so they have to change it to favor demself. Nigerians d politicans do not have d masses @ heart, look @ d state of d country for the senators 2 pass bill dat will ease d economy, pass bill that will favor d youth 2 work and grow d economy, pass bill dat will favor d common man as a matter of urgency to save d economy crises, pass bill to strenghtening d economy and 2 eleminate corruption, pass bill on how to change d constitution cos dis our current constitution is badly written, pass bill 2 deliberate on d favorable system of government to practise, Imaging d sort of useless bills dey re debating on. Bills Dat is of no relevance to the people/masses. D power d people gave to them is use for their personal purpose not until d masses understood dat dey are more powerful than d senators, tins will continue to go on dis way. Moreover, their have been no pressure from their various contituencies for them keep fit or resign, dats y dey re mis-behaving. Nigerians our problem is not insecurity, power failure, fuel scarcity, unemployment, religious/ethnic differences etc. We have one common enemy / problem "POLITICIANS"..... They have done enough atrocities, if we tackle them. Development will start. GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Nigerians Must Resist Attempt To Change Constitution To Suit Saraki -Sen. Marafa by justinmark: 2:43am On Apr 17, 2016
Saraki can never change any senate rule even. Since his election,he has been on one spot dribbling only himself. Actually he thinks he is dribbling everybody,it's funny.
My prediction: Saraki's final disgrace is in June. Mark your calendars and wait with bated breaths for APC's second victory against PDP. This is complex politics.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Resist Attempt To Change Constitution To Suit Saraki -Sen. Marafa by onetouch04: 3:37am On Apr 17, 2016
masterblogger:
[/i]Senator Marafa stated that Nigerians should lose no sleep over the current
illegal moves by the pro-Saraki senators, describing their efforts as “dead on
arrival.” However, he said it was “unfortunate that an issue like this can even
be listed and given an accelerated hearing in the hallowed chamber presided
over by a senior lawyer.

Let the current administration give us light, fuel, security, water and give us the change the promised we the youth first then we will listen to whatever you have to say. We are not going to loose any sleep. Let the elephants fight and hurt themselves.

You used us to win the election with a backload of failed promises and now you want to use us again.

#notoursenator that made all the failed promises.

Sahara reporters aka Tinubu reporters
Hey guy! U neva voted APC. Frm d way u talk i knw it. We re talking abt how our shameless senators re trying to subvert our constitution just to favor one thief or a few of them and u re talking about canpaign promises.
All of us who voted APC and Baba are patiently waiting for the changes that are gradually and obviously coming.
If u cant wait, let saraki's kind be ur governor.
I rest my case!
Re: Nigerians Must Resist Attempt To Change Constitution To Suit Saraki -Sen. Marafa by seunajia: 3:38am On Apr 17, 2016
The senator is an eejit, he thinks we're silly like him. Of course, some of us are!

What happened to opposing such illegality on the floor of the house? What is his job as a senator?
Re: Nigerians Must Resist Attempt To Change Constitution To Suit Saraki -Sen. Marafa by Nobody: 4:16am On Apr 17, 2016
dokunbam:
Crookola sarathief
u no go kill me with laff ooo....
Re: Nigerians Must Resist Attempt To Change Constitution To Suit Saraki -Sen. Marafa by Nobody: 6:20am On Apr 17, 2016
adeaks:
Where was the common sense senator when the amendment was being debated and considered. He makes noise on twitter but at times like this when you want to hear him make a stand he goes silent. undecided

He will tell us later that he travelled overseas-
Re: Nigerians Must Resist Attempt To Change Constitution To Suit Saraki -Sen. Marafa by anurd1991: 6:41am On Apr 17, 2016
Keystonn:
Shut up sen. Marafa ...

Why not call Nigerians to resist Fulani herdsmen invasion of their ancestral land ?
You b mumu na wetin we dey talk here na wetin you dey talk. Sorry.
Re: Nigerians Must Resist Attempt To Change Constitution To Suit Saraki -Sen. Marafa by YaksonFCA(m): 7:17am On Apr 17, 2016
This man na confirm bush man. The amendment wont affect the ongoing trial of the Senate President. The
question we should be asking is why should a Court with some sort of jurisdiction be placed under the
office of the SGF? Don't u think it can be used as a tool for political witch hunt? D CCB/CCT deserve some
level of independence and that is what the senators are agitating for.
Re: Nigerians Must Resist Attempt To Change Constitution To Suit Saraki -Sen. Marafa by kulekaa(m): 7:31am On Apr 17, 2016
MabraO:
The day I tried that jibirin abi wetin be him name the mofo had to abort my call

He no know if na good thing I wan tell am
Na so people take dey lose better thing for life
Hahahahah funny dude
Re: Nigerians Must Resist Attempt To Change Constitution To Suit Saraki -Sen. Marafa by mindtricks: 7:41am On Apr 17, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
This are the type of people we need in governance.
People oriented people.
Same of same Dearie. Even Saraki is suffering for freely been elected as Senate president against APC'S wish. Weren't we all there when it all happened?
Re: Nigerians Must Resist Attempt To Change Constitution To Suit Saraki -Sen. Marafa by Akanaz(m): 8:03am On Apr 17, 2016
I think the constitution can only be amended to suit the collective interest of the populace and not to satisfy ones personal interest nawao. And the major reason why this is hppening is that the legislators are vested with too much power.
Re: Nigerians Must Resist Attempt To Change Constitution To Suit Saraki -Sen. Marafa by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:25am On Apr 17, 2016
mindtricks:

Same of same Dearie. Even Saraki is suffering for freely been elected as Senate president against APC'S wish. Weren't we all there when it all happened?

I won't rule that out, but I would like to see more witch hunts be it political or spiritual.
The bottom line being there is a substantive case.
Re: Nigerians Must Resist Attempt To Change Constitution To Suit Saraki -Sen. Marafa by hifaif1: 8:50am On Apr 17, 2016
The greatest mistake Saraki made was becoming senate president in this administration!!!

If it had been under some administration, Saraki would be having the best time of his life as senate president!!!
Re: Nigerians Must Resist Attempt To Change Constitution To Suit Saraki -Sen. Marafa by dokunbam(m): 10:18am On Apr 17, 2016
olushola1989:
u no go kill me with laff ooo....

He is a crook and a thief
Re: Nigerians Must Resist Attempt To Change Constitution To Suit Saraki -Sen. Marafa by basadenet: 11:23am On Apr 17, 2016
But when it comes to appropriatig large sum of money to unaself nothing happen.. My view is that saraki would scale through this impasse and becomes the next president of naija come 2019 in sha allah. That is my personal view.
Re: Nigerians Must Resist Attempt To Change Constitution To Suit Saraki -Sen. Marafa by bb6xt(m): 11:31am On Apr 17, 2016
If indeed the proposed amendments are tantamount to a constitution review then we need not worry. In order for a constitution amendment to sail through 2/3 majority of all state houses of assembly, the house of reps and the senate must support it. If it were easy Obasanjo would have had his third term. The fact that Saraki, supposedly a lawyer, is willing to go this route speak volumes of his legal credentials cum moral fabric.
Re: Nigerians Must Resist Attempt To Change Constitution To Suit Saraki -Sen. Marafa by mindtricks: 10:19pm On Apr 17, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

I won't rule that out, but I would like to see more witch hunts be it political or spiritual.
The bottom line being there is a substantive case.

Bottom line, there would have been no case against Saraki but for that saga. Same APC would have given Saraki a pat on the back and declared him corrupt free, and those celebrating "anti-corruption war" would have had nothing to rejoice over.
Re: Nigerians Must Resist Attempt To Change Constitution To Suit Saraki -Sen. Marafa by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:27pm On Apr 17, 2016
mindtricks:

Bottom line, there would have been no case against Saraki but for that saga. Same APC would have given Saraki a pat on the back and declared him corrupt free, and those celebrating "anti-corruption war" would have had nothing to rejoice over.
Assumptions Assumptions Assumptions.
Questions remains, is there a substantive case.
Re: Nigerians Must Resist Attempt To Change Constitution To Suit Saraki -Sen. Marafa by mindtricks: 11:07pm On Apr 17, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Assumptions Assumptions Assumptions.
Questions remains, is there a substantive case.
Dearie, fact: you know there was a substantive case of Saraki grabbing the senate presidency. From that flows all these other events, sudden need to probe Saraki, etc.
Put the pieces together with some intelligence.
Re: Nigerians Must Resist Attempt To Change Constitution To Suit Saraki -Sen. Marafa by Amitex(m): 2:36am On Apr 18, 2016
Until this senator turns his allocated Toyota jeep into taxi for common Nigerians, I will not be fooled.
Re: Nigerians Must Resist Attempt To Change Constitution To Suit Saraki -Sen. Marafa by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:55am On Apr 18, 2016
mindtricks:

Dearie, fact: you know there was a substantive case of Saraki grabbing the senate presidency. From that flows all these other events, sudden need to probe Saraki, etc.
Put the pieces together with some intelligence.

I know quite well that Sarakis case is politically motivated.
My question is, is there a substantive case against him.
The searchlight might not have beamed on Saraki, if he had stayed low. The truth is he has a case and he must answer it.
Re: Nigerians Must Resist Attempt To Change Constitution To Suit Saraki -Sen. Marafa by akpomedayeabel: 3:24am On Oct 28, 2020
Nigerian will need to amend these constitution again like will need to rewrite it to suite all the citizens so that everybody can benefit from Nigerian

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dozie Nwankwo Issued Certificate Of Return, Receives Accolades From Supporters / Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) / Flight Lieutenant Agberia Ebiakpo Chapele Buried

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.