Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,858 members, 7,844,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Making Legislators Appointment Part Time. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Making Legislators Appointment Part Time. (445 Views)

Fashola Angry With Enugu Legislators Action On Eedc / Bugaje To Buhari: I Rejected Your Appointment Because My Hands Are Full / Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Making Legislators Appointment Part Time. by Lalashi1(m): 9:03pm On Apr 16, 2016
Will it not be cheaper for this country to make appointments of all these legislator part time? Some of them can't even manage a successful business. Is it alright to be a career politician with no other job or businesses you can call your own? Can't we do away with this bicameral legistive structure we have in this country? The Senate and House of Representatives merged? We have so many system inherited from our colonial masters that we don't know how to manage them. My opinion o! Just think out loud.
Re: Making Legislators Appointment Part Time. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 16, 2016
Lalashi1:
Will it not be cheaper for this country to make appointments of all these legislator part time? Some of them can't even manage a successful business. Is it alright to be a career politician with no other job or businesses you can call your own? Can't we do away with this bicameral legistive structure we have in this country? The Senate and House of Representatives merged? We have so many system inherited from our colonial masters that we don't know how to manage them. My opinion o! Just think out loud.
With the kind of senators we have, it will not be possible. Probably by 2044 your theory will be actualised
Re: Making Legislators Appointment Part Time. by olapluto(m): 10:44pm On Apr 16, 2016
The best for Nigeria will be part time legislative. They really do not merit the pay they collect. Most of them do not clock 200 hours in 4 years. Why should we pay for them so long.

(1) (Reply)

Pmb, The Economist! / The National Anthem Stanzas: Which Should Be Adopted? / Geopolitical Distribution Of Corrupt Politicians.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.