Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1208378 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:03am On Nov 22, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:
Correction

The lady actually had band 7 English, making her have 55 points and totaling 60 points with the 5 points from Partner Skill.

Alright.. Thanks for the clarification

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Eladua(m): 12:33pm On Nov 22, 2016
Please, has anyone with a private university degree been assessed by either EA or ACS?. I heard they might not consider a private university degree to be equivalent to AQF. I would appreciate any input on this.

Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by POTUSUK: 1:51pm On Nov 22, 2016
Ok...@ Ideamaster..thanks man. Will look at that immitracker and see how my chances can pan out.

So what you gonna do about your issue?...would you just write english again to see how you can make a 20. Or the application cant be updated nomore after you fill the ITA?.

If there is a chance, biko give it a shot. Feb till now is a pretty long time...im sure you'd agree.

ideamaster:

You can look on immitracker website to have a rough idea on when you can get Nsw nomination with 55 points.

But from my little research and discussion with friends, Nsw nominates engineers without any condition like work experience or employment contract. However, for the same reason, there is a long queue of those waiting for nomination. Personally, I submitted my EOI (Mining Engineering) with 55 on 01~ Feb~ 2016 and till date, no nomination.

The bottom line is, to get Nsw nomination, you need at least 60 points excluding the state sponsorship point. That's probably what happened with the Chemical engineer guy someone mentioned. He probably had 55 points plus 5 points from partner skills. that's why he got invited faster.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by POTUSUK: 1:54pm On Nov 22, 2016
Ok..muchas gracias...@ catchwind4rmkd...this has boosted my morale. I'd give it a try.

catchdwind4rmkd:
Correction

The lady actually had band 7 English, making her have 55 points and totaling 60 points with the 5 points from Partner Skill.

The confusion came from the fact that her husband who had band 6 was to be the principal applicant. He had hoped to receive Experience skills but EA MSA deducted most of his years. Hence, the choice of making the wife the principal applicant.

English: Band 7: 10 point
Experience: 0 point
Qualification: 15 points
Partner's point: 5 point

Total:. 60 points

cc:
@POTUSUK

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 2:43pm On Nov 22, 2016
POTUSUK:
@ Ifexsco, I reckon you are a lecturer, pls how did you go about assessing your EA. I heard they don't regard lecturing as part of engineering skills. how true is that?. did you claim working experience from your lecturing experience?.

Replied already. BTW, the information above is wrong. One of my CDR was on my lecturing experience. Who says it's not Engineering? ?? Don't you do research and publish papers? Don't you prepare procedures for experiments?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Adewakeup1(m): 2:59pm On Nov 22, 2016
Hello,
Good day to all the Guru in the house, please i will like to know if we have anyone here who has gone through the process with HND Comp. Sci. and successfully port over there. Pls, Pls , and pls your help is humbly solicited.
Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tyosho: 6:41pm On Nov 22, 2016
Nickoko:

Please, is there possibly of been denied Visa for one reason or the other after making payment for visa fees?

Please, Am working on my CV for assessment, should I use Australia format (which is without sex, Date of Birth, marital status and state of origin) or Nigeria format.

I have read of a few refusals but it's all been becos of providing false documents or not having the appropriate documents to support your your application score points.If your documents are genuine and you have not over claimed points,then it's almost certainly sure the visa is yours.

I used the Australia format for my CV

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jelmusboy(m): 9:58pm On Nov 22, 2016
Have asked many questions about Medical Laboratory Scientist in this forum but nobody is answering me. All I can see is about Engineers. Don't we have other occupations here or we can just change the topic to Engineers Migrating to Australia embarassed

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Adewakeup1(m): 10:58pm On Nov 22, 2016
Hello house,
Please what does Occupation in NEC Category means, i dont seem to understand them very well.
My Ogas in the house, kindly help me shed ligth on this.

Example:
Not elsewhere classified (nec) categories are used for known, discrete occupations which are not separately identified in ANZSCO Version 1.2 because of their lack of numerical significance in Australia or New Zealand. The occupation titles listed under nec categories are illustrative of the scope and range of occupations included in the nec category.

I am considering this:
ANZSCO 313199: ICT SUPPORT TECHNICIANS NEC

(HND Comp. Sci., 10yrs experience)

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:21pm On Nov 22, 2016
jelmusboy:
Have asked many questions about Medical Laboratory Scientist in this forum but nobody is answering me. All I can see is about Engineers. Don't we have other occupations here or we can just change the topic to Engineers Migrating to Australia embarassed

People can only respond to what they know except you want to be misled.
You don't have to be frustrated because your questions are not being answered.

You already got a response from the assessing authority, no one here can offer a better information than the authority concerned.
If there's any part of their response you don't understand, shoot them an eor call them for clarification.

For other information people know, I believe you will be responded to. Better for us to be quiet than mislead you.

The medical laboratory scientist I know on this forum are still going through the process, I guess they can't answer your question. By the way, there are other occupations aside engineers, at least I am not an engineer.

6 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 5:35am On Nov 23, 2016
jelmusboy:

Thanks guys

Where you will be classified is dependent on where you did your degree. Now that you have been classified as mlt, you can only be assessed as mls when you pass the professional exam. However you can proceed with mlt and seek nomination with either northern territory or queensland.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by POTUSUK: 5:37am On Nov 23, 2016
yea, seen your response...thanks man. That got sorted. Some guy claimed its not so I had to put the question out there. Just needed to be sure but your response has erased all doubts.

Ifexsco:

Replied already. BTW, the information above is wrong. One of my CDR was on my lecturing experience. Who says it's not Engineering? ?? Don't you do research and publish papers? Don't you prepare procedures for experiments?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by brokenplate: 6:24am On Nov 23, 2016
mamajaz:

Good.night

Good morning great family.
I have been a silent follower of this life impacting group.
My shout out goes to : Sir Bellong, scrollmeout, Ifexco, ozymigrant, ideamaster, ibiyemiara, jukeblam, tyosho, justsayple, phlumter01 and a host of others .
You have inspired me with your contributions.

I am an electrical electronic engineer , with experience outside my discipline. Currently working on my CDR and preparing for the IELTS test.

I hope to learn more from your ideas and suggestions.

Regards

5 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Elderss: 7:44am On Nov 23, 2016
Alright.. Thanks for the clarification[/quote]

Good morning to all gurus in the house and other members.

So far, I noticed we have not actually discussed on the format for showing 'POF' especially in terms of valuation of assets (land, vehicles, shares etc).

Are there specific details we must put into consideration when trying to show POF (most especially in states like QLD and NT).

No one wants to make errors at this stage.

Can we please enumerate more on this?

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 8:51am On Nov 23, 2016
brokenplate:

My shout out goes to : Sir Bellong, scrollmeout, Ifexco, ozymigrant, ideamaster, ibiyemiara, jukeblam, tyosho, justsayple, phlumter01 and a host of others .

I am an electrical electronic engineer , with experience outside my discipline. Currently working on my CDR and preparing for the IELTS test.

Regards

God's grace my Bro!

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by teewhysafe(f): 11:02am On Nov 23, 2016
Just uploaded all required documents to VETASSESS (Agric. scientist) now. The wait begins. Hoping for the best.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by justsaypie: 1:33pm On Nov 23, 2016
brokenplate:

Regards

grin
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 1:34pm On Nov 23, 2016
brokenplate:

Regards
broken bottle, why must you quote me now when you know you wouldn't include my name in that scroll up there.
Now when you want to make a post, just tap the reply button.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 1:44pm On Nov 23, 2016
mamajaz:

broken bottle, why must you quote me now when you know you wouldn't include my name in that scroll up there.

You are really a comedian. You got me laughing out loud. How far have you gone with your English test.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by brokenplate: 1:54pm On Nov 23, 2016
mamajaz:

Hi Jaz mom forgive me. Just wanted to let you know you inspired me too with the sense of humour you've got.

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sofi05(m): 3:15pm On Nov 23, 2016
Hi man. Please I haven't followed the thread but what do you want to know about MLSs? Post again on here and I will respond.

jelmusboy:
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sofi05(m): 3:31pm On Nov 23, 2016
Hi!

Maybe you may have to let them know that you are IBMS certified or registered and you may also get a waiver if you have years of practice from the UK. However, you may decide to register for the exam as they already have aided you by agreeing to accept an emailed copy. However, you may apply for 190 to Queensland and get nomination for PR as an MLT provided you can make 55 points.

jelmusboy:
I received this email from Australian Institute of Medical Scientists (AIMS) for Medical Laboratory Scientist assessment. Does it mean they are giving me an MLT status or they might still give MLS status?

I'm asking this because I am a registered MLS in the UK with IBMS membership and am just wondering why AIMS will give me MLT status.

Having said that, what are the visa sub-class I can apply for if it turns out to be MLT and which states should I nominate?

Thanks guys
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 4:02pm On Nov 23, 2016
Rett0:

You are really a comedian. You got me laughing out loud. How far have you gone with your English test.
preparation mode
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ibiyemiara: 4:05pm On Nov 23, 2016
mamajaz:

E Ku irin o

Thanks a lot
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ibiyemiara: 4:07pm On Nov 23, 2016
Amen. Thanks

Folatem:

Congratulations!
I wish you & your family a successful stay in OZ.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ibiyemiara: 4:08pm On Nov 23, 2016
Rett0:

Wow! Thank God for journey mercies. I know you've been very busy. All the very best.... I pray you find a job soon.

Thanks a lot
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ibiyemiara: 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2016
Ifexsco:
Thank God for safe journey! I and my family are entering next month by God's grace. How much did IOM charge you? How that area? How did you go about initial accommodation? I pray for favor to meet you!

IOM charged my wife and I 678k in total. 2 bags of 20kg each per passenger. Emirates airline. You can book initial accommodation through airbnb.com.au .
We are just settling in.
Wish you safe trip bro
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sunvick(m): 4:20pm On Nov 23, 2016
Its funny when you stay at a place, you will think nothing is going on other places!!!

Guys you wont believe the percentage of Indians chasing up this PR too. Those guys got no chill at all.

So guys, try and double up your PR pursuit ohh.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 4:40pm On Nov 23, 2016
sunvick:
Its funny when you stay at a place, you will think nothing is going on other places!!!

Guys you wont believe the percentage of Indians chasing up this PR too. Those guys got no chill at all.

So guys, try and double up your PR pursuit ohh.

hhahhaha..so true..Go to expatforum..that's where they reside. The only thing is that majority of them have issues with English tests, otherwise, they ll sweep most of the available invitations with ease. Still many take IELTS/PTE 5-6 times...no chill atall

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by James2016: 5:08pm On Nov 23, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:
Correction

The confusion came from the fact that her husband who had band 6 was to be the principal applicant. He had hoped to receive Experience skills but EA MSA deducted most of his years. Hence, the choice of making the wife the principal applicant.

English: Band 7: 10 point
Experience: 0 point
Qualification: 15 points
Partner's point: 5 point

Total:. 60 points

cc:
@

Hi,I need some little explanation from you.I intend to apply for the 189 PR visa and I check the Sol list and I couldn't find my occupation.I just finish my MBA general management some few months ago and no working experience.i will like to know if it's possible to apply for any other PR with MBA and no working experience
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by funkyjo: 5:15pm On Nov 23, 2016
I bless God for my result. It can only be God. I am soooo happy. I retook my PTE test yesterday as i was short by 8 points the first time. My results now are;
L81 R83 S79 W87

79 on the dot! This is what they call "oriyomi" lol

To God be the Glory.
Unto EOI tinz yaay!!!

Thanx everyone.

9 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sunvick(m): 5:18pm On Nov 23, 2016
Congrats Man. You have nailed your 20points.

funkyjo:
I bless God for my result. It can only be God. I am soooo happy. I retook my PTE test yesterday as i was short by 8 points the first time. My results now are;
L81 R83 S79 W87

79 on the dot! This is what they call "oriyomi" lol

To God be the Glory.
Unto EOI tinz yaay!!!

Thanx everyone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.