Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,400 members, 7,830,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1212065 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 2:27am On Mar 12, 2017
@ virtual3xpert

Thanks for the information shared above. Could you also share the link or links to this if available. Cheers.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 4:06am On Mar 12, 2017
mamajaz:
Mctowel1
Lol.. nawa o... All these mentions, yet you no spell anyone correctly. Its "01"... lol.. How can I be of help?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by favouredme: 4:48am On Mar 12, 2017
virtual3xpert:
cc mamajaz, BrisbaneQueen

Most Australian assessing bodies follow the AEI-NOOSR CEP which is done according to institution. Institutions can fall under section 1 or section 2.

For section 1 Institutions, BSc (4 or 5 years) is equivalent to an Australian BSc degree while for section 2 Institutions, Bsc (4years) is equivalent to an Australian associate degree but a 5year BSc degree is equivalent to an Australian BSc degree.

Simply put, if your institution falls under section 2 and you studied for 4years, you'll most likely get a negative outcome. VETASSESS follows this to the letter. The others, not so much.

I wonder if anyone knows if BABCOCK falls under institution 1 or 2. Has anyone had a BABCOCK degree assessed as equivalent to an Australia Bsc ?
I checked the aforementioned country education profile and it appears I'm required to pay AUD 318 to get this info, anyone with access to this platform please? Willing to pay ( though less than 318). Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Pekadust: 8:13am On Mar 12, 2017
favouredme:

I wonder if anyone knows if BABCOCK falls under institution 1 or 2. Has anyone had a BABCOCK degree assessed as equivalent to an Australia Bsc ?
I checked the aforementioned country education profile and it appears I'm required to pay AUD 318 to get this info, anyone with access to this platform please? Willing to pay ( though less than 318). Thanks

i think it falls under 2....I went to Babcock ACS have me associate degree and someone else I know......

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 40manlappy: 8:39am On Mar 12, 2017
virtual3xpert:

Most Australian assessing bodies follow the AEI-NOOSR CEP which is done according to institution. Institutions can fall under section 1 or section 2.

For section 1 Institutions, BSc (4 or 5 years) is equivalent to an Australian BSc degree while for section 2 Institutions, Bsc (4years) is equivalent to an Australian associate degree but a 5year BSc degree is equivalent to an Australian BSc degree.

Simply put, if your institution falls under section 2 and you studied for 4years, you'll most likely get a negative outcome. VETASSESS follows this to the letter. The others, not so much.

Thanks for this information. Please share the link whenever possible.

Looping: vcole
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 10:50am On Mar 12, 2017
BrisbaneQueen:
Fam, Goodevening Everyone!
It's been a long time I came here. From most of the pages I've been able to read through, I saw success stories and I'm encouraged.

Hearty congratulations to teewhysafe, Hordunayot, Jamson, Bolaobby and those I might have failed to mention who have gotten their Positive assessment, ITA or grant. To those of us who are still trying to get it right, I say, Keep on.

Please, something has been making me feel fear. I haven't seen anyone from Uniben that received a positive assessment. Please is this normal? Has there been a success story that I missed reading? Do you know anyone who has received a positive assessment with a degree from UNIBEN? Please share with me. Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bolaobby: 1:41pm On Mar 12, 2017
Happy Sunday to all. This week will be glorious for us all. ITA will flow for many, all delayed grant will surface and positive assessment for those waiting.

Thanks for all love and prayers for me and family.

I pray for more speedy grant. Shorter than my own 10 days grant.

@Bellong Your humble and selfless spirit is one of a kind. The Lord will reward your labour of love.

I need help with a sample of Australian CV format. How does one state Nigeria qualification on the CV. Also need help with Melbourne suburbs where one can get 2 bedroom accommodation that is not too expensive btw 300-350AUD but with easy access to CBD and good for family.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by virtual3xpert: 3:23pm On Mar 12, 2017
cc 40manlappy, SegunWamiri, favouredme

Unfortunately, the information is not free. I subscribed to the Nigerian Country Education Profile last year but my subscription has expired. The subscription gives you access to view the CEPs online.

Distributing or reproducing information contained therein is illegal else, I would have taken screenshots before my subscription expired.

I know for sure that UNILAG is a section 1 school, OOU is a section 2 school, UNIBEN is a section 2 school. The link to the site is https://internationaleducation.gov.au/Services-And-Resources/services-for-organisations/Pages/Services-for-organisations.aspx.

Subscription to the profile for Nigerian schools costs 45.45 aud.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 4:34pm On Mar 12, 2017
Virtual, thanks a lot.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by praiseisgood: 4:55pm On Mar 12, 2017
@ Virtual3xpert

God bless you for this wonderful piece of information.

Please I would like to ask if someone with a degree from a section 2 school has additional qualifications such as ICAN, (I.e B.sc Accounting from OOU + ICAN) will it in anyway contribute to successful outcome?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 6:52pm On Mar 12, 2017
Kingbukaz:
presently, yes as HR person but my job title is administrative officer. As a manager that I mention, was a station manager for an oil and gas company.

If you have at least one year experience in the HR position, you can nominate human resources adviser Occupation. It is sponsored by Northern territory.

Read through the thread for the steps to follow.

@Brisbanequeen,

If your degree is a 5 year course, it will be assessed as equivalent to Australia bachelor degree but if it is a four year course, it will be associate degree. At least that is what people with a four year degree from UNIBEN got from VETASSES.

@Praiseisgood,

Yes the ICAN will be a good advantage to getting bachelor equivalent assessment.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by praiseisgood: 7:06pm On Mar 12, 2017
^^^^ Many thanks Bellong.
You have provided a succour of sort to this soul of mine.
May the good Lord continue to water you.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 7:36pm On Mar 12, 2017
[quote author=bellong post=54523090]

If you have at least one year experience in the HR position, you can nominate human resources adviser Occupation. It is sponsored by Northern territory.

Read through the thread for the steps to follow.
Thanks slot boss @Bellong! God bless you. Am already reading up the step. Please do not be offended as I want to ask another question. Since I have a BSC in public administration. What am I going to assess now my bsc or 3years work experience as HR person or both as the same time. I know I am asking plenty questions, am sorry.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 40manlappy: 7:58pm On Mar 12, 2017
praiseisgood:
@

God bless you for this wonderful piece of information.

Please I would like to ask if someone with a degree from a section 2 school has additional qualifications such as ICAN, (I.e B.sc Accounting from OOU + ICAN) will it in anyway contribute to successful outcome?

My wife got a positive assessment from CA with the profile that you indicated above i.e. BSc (OOU) + ICAN.

@Virtual3xpert: Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 8:30pm On Mar 12, 2017
Page 8 ACS skills Assessment Guidelines

Skills Assessment Guidelines for Applicants

Am sure it's more than section 1 or section 2 thingy..

Each assessing body has its own system.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dunsinogundele: 8:36pm On Mar 12, 2017
Dear Bellong and other Gurus, please I need clarification on the following questions;

1. I secured my flight to Aussie for mid April with IOM and they booked emirate for me and my family. Do we need to contact Emirate so we would be guaranteed sitting together on the flight?

2. Is it possible to renew my passport before expiration?, I am traveling next month and pasport would expire in May.

3. What amount of cash are we allowed to travel with, considering we are a family of 4?

Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bolaobby: 9:56pm On Mar 12, 2017
dunsinogundele:
Dear Bellong and other Gurus, please I need clarification on the following questions;

1. I secured my flight to Aussie for mid April with IOM and they booked emirate for me and my family. Do we need to contact Emirate so we would be guaranteed sitting together on the flight?

2. Is it possible to renew my passport before expiration?, I am traveling next month and pasport would expire in May.

3. What amount of cash are we allowed to travel with, considering we are a family of 4?

Thanks.

Let me answer your question tp the best of my knowledge.

1. You don't need to contact them for that, most airline opens their online check-in 24hrs to departure. Go to their site and do an online check-in. You will be able to select where you want to sit in the sitting arrangement section.

2. You can renew your passport when it is 6 month to expiration legally. Kindly do that before your departure.

3. Australia allows you to travel with 10,000AUD or its equivalent for someone 18yrs and above. If the entire family have more than 10k, divide it among yourself because the money should not be carried by one person for all. The rule is 10k per head.

Please, how much did IOM get the flight for you and their any infant or 2 adults and 2 children.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:16pm On Mar 12, 2017
@dunsinogundele,

Bolaobby has provided answers to your question.

The only addition is when you renew your passport, contactl DIBP immediately so the visa can be transferred to the new passport.

Renewing passport here is stressful.

@kingbukaz,

You will assess both. You need to read the thread carefully because you are assessing with VETASSES and the body requires one to be meticulous.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by piusford: 10:31pm On Mar 12, 2017
bolaobby:
Here is my timeline

2 November 2016 - ACS Skill Assessment Submitted
15 November 2016 - Positive ACS Skills Assessment Result
5 December 2016 - Wrote PTE
11 December 2016 - EOI Submitted with 65 points
14 February 2017 - ITA Received
20 February 2017 - Medicals and PCC
28 February 2017 - Visa lodged with all documents frontloaded
10 March 2017 - Direct Grant with IED 20 February 2018

Visa granted to me, my wife and our two sons.

I want to thank all those who made this possible starting with my first post on this forum asking for advice whether to make payment for a master's programme or wait for ITA.

Thanks to you all...it has being a wonderful experience bonding with you all here.

Congratulations @ bolaobby. You shall prosper in that land.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by AussieBebe(f): 10:54pm On Mar 12, 2017
It is great to see more and more people getting grants right left and center. Congrats to all recipient of ITA and grants, The lord will crown all of our efforts. And a big thank you to all the contributors so far.

As for me, a lot of things have happened so far,like someone mentioned earlier a lot of water has gone under the bridge. I am still in the process of getting my documents together.

So far.....Took me five weeks minus a two or three days to get my transcript from Delsu. International passport is what is stopping me from moving to the next level which is test writing and assessment. Applied since Dec 19th and I was called back for recapturing on the 21st of Feb which I could not go for as a result of a loss that occurred. Went for it on the 27th and till date no booklet sad angry sad

Na to just dey prepare for test while hoping that the passport comes out on time.

@dunsinogundele if you are going to renew your passport in Nigeria before leaving and you are yet to do so, please carry your kaya and go do it ASAP. Even with express you don't get it same day except you are going through a very 'top' officer there.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by JERRYMAG4(m): 11:01pm On Mar 12, 2017
piusford:

Congratulations @ bolaobby. You shall prosper in that land.

@bolaobi and the gurus in the house. I am about to start the assessment with ACS but i need a sample of reference letter. I need to be sure that the JD is perfect. Please help with the sample of the JD u used. Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by AussieBebe(f): 11:07pm On Mar 12, 2017
Forgot to add that I will be assessing my B.Sc accounting degree as an External Auditor and will be using CA.

Has anyone who studied in delsu with the above gotten a positive assessment?

Ghost readers if you have, biko come out of ghostmode and comment.

Danke.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jukeblam(m): 11:26pm On Mar 12, 2017
dunsinogundele:

In addition, know that there is a charge (CHF 25) per seat selection based on the class of tickets purchased through IOM (economy special, I believe). However, Emirates usually try to seat families with kids together.

With the current scarcity of Nigerian passports at Immigration offices nationwide, I'd suggest you contact Emirates and re-confirm that you can travel with this almost-expired passport (as it's a PR visa not short-term)- the travel requirement states "a passport valid on arrival''. This is so you don't start the passport renewal process and it isn't complete before your travel date, leaving you in a quagmire- whereas your travel could have been done with the almost expired passport.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dunsinogundele: 12:56am On Mar 13, 2017
Thanks a lot for the response, I have contacted Emirates customer care and they arranged for our seats to be together for free, I guess this is part of their company policy to arrange family seat together, they even arrange bassinet for my infant.

I think I would have no choice than to travel with my about to expire passport and go throgh the stress of renewing in australia.I called an agent and he confirmed booklet scarcity and he can't guarantee me getting it even in 3 months. It's better safe than sorry.

I appreciate your contribution.

ote author=jukeblam post=54531511]

In addition, know that there is a charge (CHF 25) per seat selection based on these class of tickets purchased through IOM (economy special, I believe). However, Emirates usually try to seat families with kids together.

With the current scarcity of Nigerian passports at Immigration offices nationwide, I'd suggest you contact Emirates and re-confirm that you can travel with this almost-expired passport (as it's a PR visa not short-term)- the travel requirement states "a passport valid on arrival''. This is so you don't start the passport renewal process and it isn't complete before your travel date, leaving you in a quagmire- whereas your travel could have been done with the almost expired passport.[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dunsinogundele: 1:04am On Mar 13, 2017
Dear Bellong, unfortunately I have no choice now than to come and renew when I get to SA, their is current scarcity of booklet in Nigeria now and I would not want to be stranded due to delayed renewal.

Please what is the process of renewing in Australia?
Thanks.

[quote author=bellong post=54529656]@dunsinogundele,

Bolaobby has provided answers to your question.

The only addition is when you renew your passport, contactl DIBP immediately so the visa can be transferred to the new passport.

Renewing passport here is stressful.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dunsinogundele: 1:10am On Mar 13, 2017
IOM charged me N1,071,000 for 2 adults, 1 Kid and 1 infant. You could get a cheaper price now because of the slight improvement in exchange rate

Is the allowable travel amount of 10,000 suppose to be in USD or AUD?

Thanks.

bolaobby:

Let me answer your question tp the best of my knowledge.

1. You don't need to contact them for that, most airline opens their online check-in 24hrs to departure. Go to their site and do an online check-in. You will be able to select where you want to sit in the sitting arrangement section.

2. You can renew your passport when it is 6 month to expiration legally. Kindly do that before your departure.

3. Australia allows you to travel with 10,000AUD or its equivalent for someone 18yrs and above. If the entire family have more than 10k, divide it among yourself because the money should not be carried by one person for all. The rule is 10k per head.

Please, how much did IOM get the flight for you and their any infant or 2 adults and 2 children.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 3:10am On Mar 13, 2017
dunsinogundele:
Dear Bellong, unfortunately I have no choice now than to come and renew when I get to SA, their is current scarcity of booklet in Nigeria now and I would not want to be stranded due to delayed renewal.

Please what is the process of renewing in Australia?
Thanks.

Why not check States like Kwara or Osun where demands are not as high as in Lagos?

For renewal in Australia, you will have to travel to Canberra to get it done. Sometimes Nigerian association in each state organises group renewal by bringing them over to your stats for.a fee.

This is the embassy website....

http://nigeria-can.org.au/e-passport-services/

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by duuduu(m): 3:56am On Mar 13, 2017
bellong:

Just seeing this..

Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia do not request for proof of fund.

If you can get 60 points, I don't think you should be bothered about state nomination except your occupation is only on CSOL list.
Thank you for the response.
I need ur kind advice on this: I have gotten a positive assessment from ACS for computer Network and Systems Engineer, with the look of things I think I can only get 60 points (age:30pts + Experience 5 pts + qualifications 15pts + language 10pts) just like u mentioned, but I noticed that peeps that were granted PR recently got 65pts for the same occupation "computer Network and Systems Engineer". My questions now is should I apply for state nomination so that I can get 65pts or I should lodge my EOi with my 60 points?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bambizzle4k4556: 5:33am On Mar 13, 2017
bolaobby:
Happy Sunday to all. This week will be glorious for us all. ITA will flow for many, all delayed grant will surface and positive assessment for those waiting.

Thanks for all love and prayers for me and family.

I pray for more speedy grant. Shorter than my own 10 days grant.

@Bellong Your humble and selfless spirit is one of a kind. The Lord will reward your labour of love.

I need help with a sample of Australian CV format. How does one state Nigeria qualification on the CV. Also need help with Melbourne suburbs where one can get 2 bedroom accommodation that is not too expensive btw 300-350AUD but with easy access to CBD and good for family.

i think Tarneit is close enough. u can check footscray. houses are expensive though

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bambizzle4k4556: 5:35am On Mar 13, 2017
please an engineer in the house that applied for PR should holla me. am in aussie already under students visa but i think its time to do the PR thing
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bambizzle4k4556: 5:38am On Mar 13, 2017
please am an doing a masters research in aussie already but wanna apply for the PR. i have engineering undergraduate cert from naija FUTO
incemay:

You could depending on what route you choose.

You could assess your Engr certificate based on your undergraduate projects, that's what's refered to as CDR.

Write English test and aim for the maximum score.

Your age could also assist.

Please check the details on the 1st page. Read further there are several information for engineers available on this thread.

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.