Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,020 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1204465 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dmickdx: 3:38pm On Mar 19, 2017
yuddy2:
Hello House. I have a B.Eng in metallurgical and materials engineering. However,I have worked in a bank for 4 yrs now. If I apply as an engineer, I will be doing so without job experience. I know this is possible. The link I have from this thread for CdR samples, I have been unable to access. Please could anyone assist with CdR samples especially for individuals without post college experience. Thanks in advance.

please my dear...

I'm not yet cleared if this issue..

my agent told me I can't get a work visa to Australia again cos they don't grant that to Nigerians..

please

how may I get to apply for a work visa to Australia..

I'm a mechanical engineer and I've got a 7 already in IELTS. how may u go about applying afresh..

secondly, I have a brother who wants to migrate to Australia too from Dubai... would it be easy for him also to get it from there too??

thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 3:52pm On Mar 19, 2017
dmickdx:

my agent told me I can't get a work visa to Australia again cos they don't grant that to Nigerians..

I'm a mechanical engineer and I've got a 7 already in IELTS.

As a graduate of any Nigerian school, I believe you can do it yourself without involving any agent. What you need is on the first few pages of this thread. You will do yourself a lot of good reading it. Don't be in a hurry and desperate. Take your time, you will surely share your good news here. Kindly go through it and come with any specific question, the whole house will be willing to answer you.

Don't be a gimme pap crew. Peace.

Zany.

6 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by simayg: 4:22pm On Mar 19, 2017
sammywemmy:
Good morning all. U know dat sweet feeling where u feel pretty and just wanna kiss urself?
I woke this morning feeling dat way; I still do.

23 January 2016 : IELTS (L R W S - 9, 8.5, 8, 7). I immediately requested for a remark of the speaking section.

24 February 2016: PTE (L R W S : 90 85 90 66)

22 April 2016: IELTS speaking bumped to 8. Plus I got my refund.

31 May 2016: CDR submission to EA

17 June 2016: Positive outcome (Engr. Tech)

18 June 2016: EOI submitted

06 July 2016: Invitation to apply

09 August 2016: Visa application lodged

12 September 2016: CO contact for wife's functional English (she wasn't satisfied with letter from her school)

25 September 2016: Uploaded wife's PTE scores. L R W S 82 74 66 81

13 October 2016: Grants received in mailbox, for me, my wife and daughter. IED 9th Aug 2017. Processing team - Brisbane.

I didn't use work experience points. Just d minimum 60 points.

After worrying and fuzzing over nothing, I finally have it. At work right now, but it is a sweet feeling. Still thanking God for it all. I read contents on this forum and expatforum, and it has rili helped. Grateful to everyone for their contributions. I wish us all success in our endeavors. May our dreams come true.
pls can you help me with you cdr format and career episodes. My email is mayorsilas3@gmail.com
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 4:35pm On Mar 19, 2017
234ng44uk:

Really? My life don't better be that. Link please.

The results of one of the following English language tests, undertaken not more than 36 months prior to the time you were invited to apply for this visa, can be used to evidence your English language ability:
• International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
• Occupational English Test (OET)
• Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT)
• Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189- Check point test/English language ability.

Zany

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 234ng44uk(m): 5:00pm On Mar 19, 2017
Thanks Rett0 and Zannyzara. Just imagined I've wasted 68,000 Naira for wrong assumption.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vinsmuft(m): 8:53pm On Mar 19, 2017
sunvick:
Its funny When some folks just visit the thread for the 1st time and see goodnews of Grants, they start thinking that it was a 3-4 weeks process.

They start asking.....gimme the steps, gimme the process, gimme ur number, gimme all the details you used...........and the gimme spoon.....gimme pap crew. cool cool cool
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:37pm On Mar 19, 2017
234ng44uk:
Thanks Rett0 and Zannyzara. Just imagined I've wasted 68,000 Naira for wrong assumption.

It is one of the reasons I always encourage people to read thoroughly and digest information before starting at all.

Well, the 68k will help pay salary of at least one staff. Thank you for the business... cheesy

Your 20points is solid standing if you don't wait till another 12 months.

7 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by nikkycool(f): 10:20pm On Mar 19, 2017
bellong:

The issue with your case is the occupation requires that you have a bachelor degree to get a positive assessment.
Since it is AIM that is in charge of the assessment, go to their website and read if they substitute 5years experience in lieu of qualification.
Thank you for your response
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by piusford: 10:50pm On Mar 19, 2017
Vinsmuft:
Yes!!!
Direct Grant for me and my family just landed in my inbox. I am still in shock cheesy

Timelines grin

27 Jul 2013 Submitted ACS assessment application
27 Sept 2013 Received positive assessment from ACS
27 Sept 2013 Had to bust the whole Aussie hustle cos wifey was not keen on moving to Australia undecided
11 Oct 2016 Was able to get wifey to believe in this cause. (Buhari's govt helped me out wink ). So I submitted an application for ACS report renewal.
09 Dec 2016 Obtained favourable ACS assessment
23 Dec 2016 Obtained favourable IELTS results for 10 points
23 Dec 2016 Submitted EOI with 65 points for subclass 189
15 Feb 2017 Obtained ITA for subclass 189
02 Mar 2017 Visa lodged
17 Mar 2017 Direct Grant received for subclass 189!!

CONGRATULATIONS, BRO. May you prosper in the land.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:55pm On Mar 19, 2017
@40manlappy,

How far?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 11:01pm On Mar 19, 2017
Bro mercy I sight you, will meet you sharperly in the other room.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by penitential(m): 11:23pm On Mar 19, 2017
grin grin grin....mamajaz..
mamajaz:
Answer my callooo x60, emi naa fe gba English bnimz ati mctowel01 o gbegba eboo naa beg I dey begooo ,olorun orun, mo fe gba ITA Ozymigrant olori meji na beg I dey begiii oluwa wa da mi lohun oh, mo si fe gba Grant ooo, Jamson Olori mejo, na beg ai dey beg ohhhh, oluwa answer my callooo.
Mamaje Ki PTE-A ati IELTS fowo mi ko mansion, nah kneeling I dey ohhhh, oluwa come& have mercy ooooo.
Wey my band members @ sunvick, alphadoor, Utcheylee, catchwind, jukeblam, nkechima @everybody.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KrimanOlivia: 6:43am On Mar 20, 2017
Good morning good people here. Thanks all for your free help in this forum,I have a question pls. Is it possible for someone who has ONLY his O level result and TOEFL result to score well and qualify for this skilled migrant program. I learnt Electrical Engineering, but no certificate to show for it., but i can prove it practically. Or is there any certification course i can take to qualify for any of the three visa classes? I have funds about 2.5million in account, will it be helpful to my application process? Age is 21
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by frank043(m): 7:43am On Mar 20, 2017
oluwaseun2016:
@Yuddy2
Kindly PM me or drop ur email address, I have a material for you
@segunWamiri
Noted ***

Please, I also need the materials... Here's my email ID fenusn@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by frank043(m): 7:57am On Mar 20, 2017
jamson:

Ok. I work in a bank (IT Network and Comms). I assessed under EA and my assessment outcome was fantastic. 2 of my 3 career episode was based on work experience (inside the bank ooo).

EOI....check
ITA....check

Long story short, it doesn't matter where you work. It is what you are doing or have done (as reflected in your reference, resume and episodes, if you are an engineer).

Are you a banker?

Hello Jamson, I'm a civil/structural engineer, with over six years experience. I need you to please make out time and answer these few questions regarding EA assessment:
1. Do I need to have NSE/COREN license before applying for assessment?
2. How long did your assessment take?
3. Is IELTS required for assessment? If yes, which did you take, academic or general? I'm guessing general.
4. How much did you pay, and what's the breakdown?
5. Do you mind I have a sample of your CDR?

No offence. Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kumkar: 9:23am On Mar 20, 2017
Dear e-family,

For those who've successfully been through VETASSESS, did you also (or is it neccessary to) upload primary and secondary school certificates? As I thought I only needed tertiary transcripts and work-related documents but the portal is asking for info on primary and secondary schooling. Pardon me if this is a no-brainer but I need to be sure. Thanks all.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SUJYDEE(m): 9:23am On Mar 20, 2017
...Another gimme pap crew up there! grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kumkar: 9:39am On Mar 20, 2017
Lol. Very funny. I think @Yeeshas can be of help here. Meanwhile...
SUJYDEE:

...Another gimme pap crew up there! grin grin grin
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SUJYDEE(m): 9:47am On Mar 20, 2017
^^^^^^^^^^^

Ehya, wasn't meant for you bruv. That means your comment drop before mine.

No offence!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 9:57am On Mar 20, 2017
frank043:

Hello Jamson, I'm a civil/structural engineer, with over six years experience. I need you to please make out time and answer these few questions regarding EA assessment:
No, you dont, but you can include it in your CPD. Read msa booklet for more info.

The time frame has changed from what it used to be. Currently, its 26working days for fasttrack
3. Is IELTS required for assessment? If yes, which did you take, academic or general? I'm guessing general.
Any of the two is accepted, TOEFL is also accepted.

About $A1100 with fast track. Check the EA website for accurate details.
Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 10:00am On Mar 20, 2017
Lolz! I thought so too

SUJYDEE:
^^^^^^^^^^^

No offence!

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:03am On Mar 20, 2017
Kumkar:
Dear e-family,

For those who've successfully been through VETASSESS, did you also (or is it neccessary to) upload primary and secondary school certificates? As I thought I only needed tertiary transcripts and work-related documents but the portal is asking for info on primary and secondary schooling. Pardon me if this is a no-brainer but I need to be sure. Thanks all.

No you don't. You only fill in the details on the application page.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 10:15am On Mar 20, 2017
frank043:

5. Do you mind I have a sample of your CDR?

No offence. Thanks.

Perfectly answered by Mctowel01

There is a link already on the thread for a library of CDR samples posted by Bnimz, pls search for it.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KrimanOlivia: 10:32am On Mar 20, 2017
KrimanOlivia:
Good morning good people here. Thanks all for your free help in this forum,I have a question pls. Is it possible for someone who has ONLY his O level result and TOEFL result to score well and qualify for this skilled migrant program. I learnt Electrical Engineering, but no certificate to show for it., but i can prove it practically. Or is there any certification course i can take to qualify for any of the three visa classes? I have funds about 2.5million in account, will it be helpful to my application process? Age is 21
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kumkar: 10:42am On Mar 20, 2017
Heyyyy, no offence taken at all! One love...
SUJYDEE:
^^^^^^^^^^^

No offence!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kumkar: 10:43am On Mar 20, 2017
Thanks, Bellong!
bellong:

No you don't. You only fill in the details on the application page.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 10:46am On Mar 20, 2017
[quote author=KrimanOlivia post=54765207][/quote]
Our Engineers should please attend to this passionate plea oh. Can he get something worthwhile from EA, TRA, or he should not bother to bother
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by korlahwarleh: 11:30am On Mar 20, 2017
chebyshev:
@vinsmuft, congrats!

Thanks for the second PTE materials you sent. They have been so helpful. I particularly like the describe image practice videos.

Please send the PTE materials to my mail too or if you can preferably send me a link to them. My email is mofoluwashokolawole@rocketmail.com. Thanks so much.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 11:48am On Mar 20, 2017
KrimanOlivia:
result and TOEFL result to score well and qualify for this skilled migrant program. I learnt Electrical Engineering, but no certificate to show for it., but i can prove it practically.
mehn, this is a tough one... I'll advise you to read TRA's website..... EA is only concerned with qualifications... I believe TRA will have something for you.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 12:27pm On Mar 20, 2017
Bnimz:
mehn, this is a tough one... I'll advise you to read TRA's website..... EA is only concerned with qualifications... I believe TRA will have something for you.
Thanks@ Bnimz. nkechima, please, do you have something for this man? You may pm him if you need to discuss Nicodemusly.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SUJYDEE(m): 12:51pm On Mar 20, 2017
[quote author=KrimanOlivia post=54765207][/quote]

@KrimanOlivia

How many years work experience do you have?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yeeshas: 1:17pm On Mar 20, 2017
Kumkar:
Dear e-family,

No,you do not need your primary and secondary school certificates. You only need to fill in the details where asked. I hope this helps.

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.