Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1207416 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mcslize: 1:13pm On May 27, 2017
Was checking out some info on driving in Australia and discovered they operate Left Hand Drive as against the Right Hand Drive. That means steering is on the right instead of left. That seems cool sha. Na to relearn driving go sure pass!

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 27, 2017
Hi everyone, has anyone had positive assessment with EA and claim job experience. If there's such person please pm me as I want to clarify some info for a friend, thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iriferi(m): 3:59pm On May 27, 2017
Mcslize:
Was checking out some info on driving in Australia and discovered they operate Left Hand Drive as against the Right Hand Drive. That means steering is on the right instead of left. That seems cool sha. Na to relearn driving go sure pass!
Australia uses the right hand drive method. In other word, they drive on the left hand side. Steering is on the right hand side.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by majiouk2002: 8:06pm On May 27, 2017
doyen06:
Hi everyone, has anyone had positive assessment with EA and claim job experience. If there's such person please pm me as I want to clarify some info for a friend, thanks.

Sent u a pm
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cecegal: 9:30pm On May 27, 2017
Congrats Vinsmuft: More success for you and yours,Thank you for the very detailed updates its very well appreciated notes updated.

Vinsmuft:
Updates:

The Journey
We came in with IOM arranged tickets. The discount they gave us really made sense. If I had gone directly, I would have paid N2.7m for myself and my family. But with IOM I ended up paying N1.3m. Although I had to send them plenty reminders after filling their form and the initial one week they gave me had elapsed.

The journey though long, was very pleasant on Emirates. IOM waited for us at Dubai and took us to an all expense paid lounge where we waited for the connecting flight to Melbourne. In that lounge was a small buffet where we ate and drank without paying a kobo. Summary: Please if you can, go ahead and book with IOM. I highly recommend them pls.

In Melbourne
I came into Melbourne and met some serious cold weather. Though I was warned, the height of the cold (permit the english) was beyond me. So please when coming here, make adequate preps for yourself and your little ones. Buy thick jacket, gloves and thick socks. No go do Ijebu like me and go buy some lame sweater from Naija. I spent one day in Melbourne and had to buy a serious and expensive jacket. I was told that winter is about coming and so things would get colder . No dull yourself.

The transport system in Victoria is very organized and similar to what is obtainable in UK. They have prams, trains and buses. All can be paid using a Myki card. If you would be coming into Melbourne, pls get more info here https://www.ptua.org.au/2009/11/18/myki-qa/. Children above 5 years and the elderly pay half the price. In order to move around town, you would need this card. Then download this app on your phone https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.gov.vic.ptv&hl=en. This app is a must as it gives you bus/train directions on how to get from your current location to anywhere within Melbourne (or Victoria as a whole). Earlier today I go enter wrong bus and don miss road already. But with this app, I found my way back. Using this app requires you to have a SIM with a data plan. I was told Optus is a great GSM line with good data plans. So ensure you have good data before stepping out of your house.
Finally please if you have many children you have to know that the law requires them to be in car seats from ages 16 and below. Get more info here https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/safety-and-road-rules/road-rules/a-to-z-of-road-rules/seat-belts-and-child-restraints. Omo if them catch you carrying a child without car seat, you go pay heavy fine (as much as $350). I plan to sort out this car seat wahala tomorrow so that we can all go for necessary registrations.

Cheers guys. Will update you as I go along.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cecegal: 9:41pm On May 27, 2017
Finally!!!!!!Congrats dear its been a long long time coming,so glad for you

Bnimz:

On this day, the chronology of a successful endeavor reads thus:

24th September 2016 - Wrote IELTS

10th October 2016 - IELTS result - L / R / S / W - 9 / 9 / 7.5 / 7.5
- Submitted for Assessment (EA) Fast Track.
- Booked PTE-A

19th October 2016 - wrote PTE-A

24th October 2016 - PTE-A Result - L / R / S / W - 90 / 90 / 90 / 90

28th October 2016 - Assessor requested a new episode.
- Wrote a new episode and uploaded.

3rd November 2016 - EA Positive Outcome, Electronics Engineer
- EOI submitted - 189 with 60 points

9th November 2016 - Electronics Engineering went Pro-Rata with 65pts
- Booked Medicals

16th November 2016 - Did Medicals..

3rd January 2017 - Electronics Engineering Pro-Rata returned to 60 points

14th February 2017 - ITA received
- Visa Application lodged.

28th February 2017 - CO Contact for already uploaded document.
- Uploaded the document again

26th May 2017 - Grant.

IED - 22nd November 2017

Special thanks to everyone who has contributed to this chapter in the story of my life. I really appreciate.

in conclusion - I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. (Ecclesiastes 9 : 11)

God Bless

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 10:37pm On May 27, 2017
Congrats Bnimz. So happy for you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 10:45pm On May 27, 2017
This night before I go to bed, Oga justwise, nah beg I dey beg oooo #bringbackoursunvick#.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 10:56pm On May 27, 2017
mamajaz:
This night before I go to bed, Oga justwise, nah beg I dey beg oooo #bringbackoursunvick#.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mcslize: 11:37pm On May 27, 2017
iriferi:

Australia uses the right hand drive method. In other word, they drive on the left hand side. Steering is on the right hand side.

You are right!

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/right-hand-drive

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yeeshas: 12:02am On May 28, 2017
Big congratulations to Bnimz. May you be blessed in the land. Holla everyone....
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 12:43am On May 28, 2017
Bnimz:

in conclusion - I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. (Ecclesiastes 9 : 11)

God Bless
The way I was smiling while reading you'd think I know you personally. Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by saddyn: 12:45am On May 28, 2017
Bnimz:

visa is 3,600 AUD for a single applicant

Pls if you pay the 3,600 AUD does it mean your visa application is successful?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OlalekanKad(m): 12:54am On May 28, 2017
Smiles, your application is not successful until they allocate a CO (case officer) to look into your documentation and the likes. But if you do everything you're suppose to do, you will definitely get the grant. There are only few cases of people I read online that did not get the grant due to some false documentation but if you are straight about the whole thing, you 90% sure of getting it while the remaining 10% lies in baba God hand but make no mistakes 100% dey baba hand oooooo.

saddyn:

Pls if you pay the 3,600 AUD does it mean your visa application is successful?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by saddyn: 1:33am On May 28, 2017
OlalekanKad:

Smiles, your application is not successful until they allocate a CO (case officer) to look into your documentation and the likes. But if you do everything you're suppose to do, you will definitely get the grant. There are only few cases of people I read online that did not get the grant due to some false documentation but if you are straight about the whole thing, you 90% sure of getting it while the remaining 10% lies in baba God hand but make no mistakes 100% dey baba hand oooooo.

[quot
OlalekanKad:

e aut
OlalekanKad:

hor=OlalekanKad post=56944199]
Smiles, your application is not successful until they allocate a CO (case officer) to look into your documentation and the likes. But if you do everything you're suppose to do, you will definitely get the grant. There are only few cases of people I read online that did not get the grant due to some false documentation but if you are straight about the whole thing, you 90% sure of getting it while the remaining 10% lies in baba God hand but make no mistakes 100% dey baba hand

So if your application is refused you will get a refund or something??
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by classichsy(m): 1:36am On May 28, 2017
amebostudent:
Husband occupation IT, with more than three years work experience

You had 8 in each band for IELTS? Yes

Hello. I sent you PM..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OlalekanKad(m): 1:54am On May 28, 2017
Brotherly, I know it is always a good thing to think about positive and negative back to back when planning a journey. Don't let unnecessary

thought come your way. The fear of losing something make us lose it (example: people who are over protective of their lovers end up losing

them). To answer your real question, you are not going to be refunded. But hey, nobody pays that sum of money an expect rejection. What will

a family man who pays 7200 AUD for his application do? If he thinks about losing 2.2 million Naira in Naija currency then he should not even

sit for English Exam in the first instance. We are all goal achievers here, so forget about the money..do your thing jare.

saddyn:
[quote author=OlalekanKad post=56944199]
Smiles, your application is not successful until they allocate a CO (case officer) to look into your documentation and the likes. But if you do everything you're suppose to do, you will definitely get the grant. There are only few cases of people I read online that did not get the grant due to some false documentation but if you are straight about the whole thing, you 90% sure of getting it while the remaining 10% lies in baba God hand but make no mistakes 100% dey baba hand

So if your application is refused you will get a refund or something??

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 7:02am On May 28, 2017
Bnimz:

On this day, the chronology of a successful endeavor reads thus:

24th September 2016 - Wrote IELTS

10th October 2016 - IELTS result - L / R / S / W - 9 / 9 / 7.5 / 7.5
- Submitted for Assessment (EA) Fast Track.

26th May 2017 - Grant.

IED - 22nd November 2017

Special thanks to everyone who has contributed to this chapter in the story of my life. I really appreciate.

God Bless

Congratulations Bro

Shey u see as d grant landed in grandeur of style grin

Go ahead and prosper in the land...Ecc.9:11 "perfecto"

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by saddyn: 8:35am On May 28, 2017
Hello good people, am new here an I have intention of applying for the skilled migrant visa and would need a little guidance as per the circumstances surrounding my work experience.

I have an Msc in engineering and had worked for a year in a uk bank before returning to Nigeria 4 years ago. When I got back to Nigeria I didn't border to look for jobs but opened a consulting firm fully. Although the company has not really done any engineering job or contract but we really into petroleum marketing/supplies and I have a petrol station I am managing as well. The only engineering experience I have is my 6months IT and 1year NYSC.

So my question is, do I use my company as my current work experience or do I have to look for a full engineering company to say I am working with them for the past years I have been in Nigeria after my Msc??

I just want to be sure before getting into the process as the visa fee is not a joke and am planning to apply with my family.

Thanks for your quick response.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 1naira50kobo: 9:36am On May 28, 2017
Hello, I have done my assessment with ACS and got a positive response.

Here are my points claimed.

Age 24 -------------- 25 Points
BSc degree --------- 15 Points
Work XP (5 Years) --10 Points

IELTS ----------------10 Points
**awaiting IELTS result but am hopeful of getting 7 across the 4 sections.

Is PTE-A also accepted?

Now the company I worked for, I did some work for them before I got into Uni and was also working for them while in Uni, I graduated in 2016 and stopped working for them January 2017. You know all these small companies that aren't fully registered but handle web design and all that. I was being paid though but was paid in cash, not through the bank and no pay slip.

Now someone said when I do my EOI and get my ITA that I'll have to produce either a payslip, bank statement or tax clearance. Truth is, there is no bank statement (wasn't paid through bank, and no tax clearance as well). But I can produce a payslip with the company letter head and get the MD to sign.

My question is, can that be accepted, and if it isn't accepted what alternatives do I have as I'll be left with 50 points if I drop my work experience.

Thank you all

PS: Please if there's anyone here that has a template for payslip format used in Nigeria, here is my email 1naira50kobo@gmail.com

I just opened that email for this purpose so no fear of being spam/scammed

CC: Bnimz
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ABUkAkA: 9:51am On May 28, 2017
My Oga Bnimz, I sent my Career Episode for review to your mail. Thank you Sir.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by saddyn: 10:03am On May 28, 2017
1naira50kobo:

Now the company I worked for, I did some work for them before I got into Uni and was also working for them while in Uni, I graduated in 2016 and stopped working for them January 2017. You know all these small companies that aren't fully registered but handle web design and all that. I was being paid though but was paid in cash, not through the bank and no pay slip.

Now someone said when I do my EOI and get my ITA that I'll have to produce either a payslip, bank statement or tax clearance. Truth is, there is no bank statement (wasn't paid through bank, and no tax clearance as well). But I can produce a payslip with the company letter head and get the MD to sign.

My question is, can that be accepted, and if it isn't accepted what alternatives do I have as I'll be left with 50 points if I drop my work experience.

Thank you all

PS: Please if there's anyone here that has a template for payslip format used in Nigeria, here is my email 1naira50kobo@gmail.com

I just opened that email for this purpose so no fear of being spam/scammed

CC: Bnimz

Oga Bnimz this seems like the answer to my question
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 10:05am On May 28, 2017
1naira50kobo:

Now the company I worked for, I did some work for them before I got into Uni and was also working for them while in Uni, I graduated in 2016

Your experience should be post graduation.....don't think you can claim any experience prior to 2016.

I'm sorry that might sound like a bad news.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 1naira50kobo: 10:09am On May 28, 2017
OzyMigrant:

Your experience should be post graduation.....don't think you can claim any experience prior to 2016.

I'm sorry that might sound like a bad news.

OK thanks

So if I can get a 20 from my English test making my total point 60 without work experience,

can that fly?

PS: Can I also write PTE-A (Is it valid instead of IELTS)
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 11:17am On May 28, 2017
1naira50kobo:

OK thanks

So if I can get a 20 from my English test making my total point 60 without work experience,

can that fly?

PS: Can I also write PTE-A (Is it valid instead of IELTS)

yes, 20pt in English (either IELTS or PTE) will fly.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 11:50am On May 28, 2017
saddyn:

I just want to be sure before getting into the process as the visa fee is not a joke .
I understand. However, nobody can convince you.... Its necessary for you to do your own research and compare with your unique circumstances...
If it helps, from my research before jumping feet first into this, I was only able to determine three reasons that guarantee rejection..
1. False/Falsified documentation
2. HIV/AIDS
3. A police character problem/Conviction/Terrorism

If you don't have any of these issues, you're as fine as anybody else that has gotten the visa..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 12:03pm On May 28, 2017
saddyn:
do I have to look for a full engineering company to say I am working with them for the past years I have been in Nigeria after my Msc??.
Now this would be false information...

You didn't specify which branch of Engineering you had your BACHELORS in..... They don't really reckon with masters...

In addition, you don't need work experience as an engineer.. Jamson didn't use his, I didn't, Mctowel01 didn't, Funkyjo didn't, Iceberg54 didn't... To name a few.

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 12:11pm On May 28, 2017
1naira50kobo:
Hello, I have done my assessment with ACS and got a positive response.?

Now the company I worked for, I did some work for them before I got into Uni and was also working for them while in Uni, I graduated in 2016 and stopped working for them January 2017. .

Please how were you able to get +ve assessment from ACS if you graduated in 2016.
Because ACS requires you to have 2 to 8 years minimum experience after date of graduation.

Except you have an Australian bachelor degree which requires 1yr.

What school and course is your degree related to

5 yrs experience (10pts). Am sorry sir but you might have calculated wrong.

Age points is the only thing looking right here...

Please help me understand better because am not understanding
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jeezy: 12:14pm On May 28, 2017
Hi, My first degree is in Accounting but most of my work experience is in IT. I want to claim experience from Australia Computer Society, but will this be acceptable since my first degree is in Accounting? Please assist a newbie.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 12:16pm On May 28, 2017
Jeezy:
Hi, My first degree is in Accounting but most of my work experience is in IT. I want to claim experience from Australia Computer Society, but will this be acceptable since my first degree is in Accounting? Please assist a newbie.

How many years of experience do u have?
What year did you graduate?
What field of IT are you into?
Do u have any professional certificates?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by akereconfi: 12:21pm On May 28, 2017
Alphadoor:

Please how were you able to get +ve assessment from ACS if you graduated in 2016.
Because ACS requires you to have 2 to 8 years minimum experience after date of graduation.

Except you have an Australian bachelor degree which requires 1yr.

What school and course is your degree related to

5 yrs experience (10pts). Am sorry sir but you might have calculated wrong.

Age points is the only thing looking right here...

Please help me understand better because am not understanding

What about the BSc ---- 15 points?

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.