Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (540) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1208039 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jazinogold(m): 4:38pm On Jan 04, 2018
lakola:
Good day everyone, just wanted to let the house know that I got a positive assessment (Agricultural Scientist) from vetassess as at this morning.
It took 9 weeks and some days, had assessor contact. I want to appreciate @belong for his help, @josh for guiding me through this phase, @koleefem05, @segunwamiri, funbi and everybody that has contributed directly or indirectly. I want to say God bless you all. Love forever
1 year work experience
LU 5 years
B.Agriculture (Animal Science)

congrats...how many years of experience did u submit and how many was approved? was ur degree classified as bachelors degree?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jazinogold(m): 4:47pm On Jan 04, 2018
jazinogold:
good luck

Please if one is not claiming work experience point from VETASSESS but his occupation needs at least one year work experience, will vetassess still contact his former employer to verify if he worked dere before? angry angry angry

no answer sad
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 5:16pm On Jan 04, 2018
TRed:
My observations going through their websites are that these two(Queensland and Tasmania) requires a valid job offer on the 190 visa for overseas application. The occupation is only available for overseas application on the 489 visa of Tasmania and South Australia without job offer.

Please house, is there any info on nsw stream 2 for this year as I am planning to nominate ict project manager for Victoria and NSW on stream 2.

How do u know which stream you're applying for?

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 5:16pm On Jan 04, 2018
bellong:

UNILAG doesn't give student copy?

No, they don't. Happy new year sir
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by THOP: 6:28pm On Jan 04, 2018
Eladua:

I am sorry for the misleading information, it is because I have never seen anyone get an upgrade on listening after remarking. So it is possible but the possibility is low I guess.
Thanks a lot!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by TRed: 6:45pm On Jan 04, 2018
[quote author=jayooh post=63894246][/quote]
@jayooh
From what I've read on different platforms, I'm assuming you just create an eoi for nsw and they will invite when they start with stream 2, usually around January/February if your occupation is in demand in nsw based on mid-year industry consultations.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 7:59pm On Jan 04, 2018
jazinogold:

no answer sad

You don't claim experience during assessment.

Yes, the assessing body has the mandate to verify your claim whether you are claiming points or not, your experience will be verified.

jayooh:

No, they don't. Happy new year sir

That is bad for such a university. Same to you bro.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Dahyur119: 9:50pm On Jan 04, 2018
I need a clarification on this is Aqf levels in Australia equivalent to diploma program since they are not counting a 4years degree as BSc?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Gr8fulHeart(f): 10:00pm On Jan 04, 2018
trastar:

If both jobs are on the list and u can afford it, both of u should assess.
If both assessment is positive, submit two separate eoi one with u as principal applicant, one with him as PA. Thereby giving each other extra 5 partner points.

Whoever gets ITA first..�
Thanks so much
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Gr8fulHeart(f): 10:01pm On Jan 04, 2018
bellong:

Sorry, I missed the reply. I think trastar mentioned what I intended to tell you.

There are medical administrator, primary healthcare manager and health/welfare services manager that he can nominate. He should look through the descriptions of these occupations and choose the best that suit him or one closely related to his experience.
thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by udz: 11:06pm On Jan 04, 2018
Gr8fulHeart:

Thanks so much

Why do u block other people chances use one EOI with highest point for u and ur spouse. Simple!! !
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 11:18pm On Jan 04, 2018
udz:

Why do u block other people chances use one EOI with highest point for u and ur spouse. Simlple!! !

Lol. How is that blocking other people's chances?
It's like saying when you submit a 189, don't submit a 190. The second EOI is withdrawn immediately u get an invite for the first. So explain again, how is it blocking other people's chances?

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 04, 2018
wapu:

Won't student copy suffice?

Sure it would...just notarise(certify as true copy)

Unilag is a unique case because they dont give out student copies..wonder why.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by udz: 2:26am On Jan 05, 2018
trastar:

It's like saying when you submit a 189, don't submit a 190. The second EOI is withdrawn immediately u get an invite for the first. So explain again, how is it blocking other people's chances?

Use one eoi for 189 and 190 . Which ever ita comes first u apply. Simple. Most people say they withdraw but it's not true.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Joyfree: 6:10am On Jan 05, 2018
Pls any nurse professional in the house, I need guidance for the assessment. Thanks awaiting your prompt response
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Joyfree: 6:31am On Jan 05, 2018
OmogeNG:

Here you go http://www.anmac.org.au/assessment-process
This site is not opening pls can you guide me on this nursing assessment.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 8:11am On Jan 05, 2018
udz:

Use one eoi for 189 and 190 . Which ever ita comes first u apply. Simple. Most people say they withdraw but it's not true.

It doesn't work that way sir/ma.
If you are trying to get 190 from more than one state, you might have to submit more than one eoi.

Also, the person and her husband are accessing for separate occupations. Why put all their eggs in one basket when there's no guarantee on occupations and. Cut-off these days?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stepo707: 11:27am On Jan 05, 2018
Eladua:

@trastar you see why I went with 489.
Has anyone here gotten a direct job offer from Nigeria?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Dahyur119: 12:48pm On Jan 05, 2018
Eladua:

Don't get me wrong o, I did not mean that. I said that based on the context of your question. If you are assessing an occupation that requires a degree and they expect you to have work experience and you don't, that is automatic negative outcome. But that occupation we were talking about requires a diploma degree and you have a Bsc from UI, so I said you are overqualified already and they won't bother to assess your work experience since you would have met the requirement with your degree, however, if you have any experience at all, pls include it in your application even if it is 6 months or NYSC experience that is in that line.
That was why I advised you check the TRA sites for what you need. AUD$1,000 no be beans o.

Don't play with your money.

Bro...the company I worked for during my NYSC don't pay me but TRA is requesting to 3month payslip can attach my payslip for NYSC?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by idNG: 1:11pm On Jan 05, 2018
Misoke:

I filled an eoi with 189 and 190(vic),other 2 for state nomination only(Sydney ,Tas)...needed at least extra 5pts to add to my 65
as soon as my PTE came through didn't think I needed thier state nomination so I updated my eoi and withdrew the 190s... got 189
sorry for delayed response...been crazy busy.thanks
came for 189

Congrats
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by paulooma(m): 1:24pm On Jan 05, 2018
Hello Seniors,

For the 489 Hardware technician, Is it advisable doing it as a single applicant? I'm married and will want my wife and kid to join me.

How visible getting job offers from Nigeria for the state Nomination?

Cc: bellong, trastar, Eludua, Stepo707
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by udz: 2:31pm On Jan 05, 2018
trastar:

It doesn't work that way sir/ma.
If you are trying to get 190 from more than one state, you might have to submit more than one eoi.

Also, the person and her husband are accessing for separate occupations. Why put all their eggs in one basket when there's no guarantee on occupations and. Cut-off these days?

Well why am pointing this is that I have read here someone submitted fake eoi with high points so he can see how ita looks like. This practice has grown and has destabilised the system. It doesn't affect me directly cos I have PR already but I have friends it's affecting. One eoi is OK especially for 189, if one wants to add one state for nomination they can still use the same 189 eoi . Dibp recorded more than 27% unaccepted ita last excercise. These are people's chances and might have kept them in the pool till date. Don't advice a couple to have two eoi for 189. One eoi with Max point is enough.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2018
udz:

Well why am pointing this is that I have read here someone submitted fake eoi with high points so he can see how ita looks like. This practice has grown and has destabilised the system. It doesn't affect me directly cos I have PR already but I have friends it's affecting. One eoi is OK especially for 189, if one wants to add one state for nomination they can still use the same 189 eoi . Dibp recorded more than 27% unaccepted ita last excercise. These are people's chances and might have kept them in the pool till date. Don't advice a couple to have two eoi for 189. One eoi with Max point is enough.

There's a couple who the husband has been on the queue for months and no ITA because pro rata. Then the wife accessed her own job and submitted eoi and she got invited in weeks.
My point still stands, if a couple can both access different jobs, go ahead. Whatever comes first.
Just remember to delete the other EOI.

Also, someone submitted 189 when Victoria nomination had closed last year so couldn't add them. Added just NSW.
4 months later,July..Vic nomination is opened for IT. Do u really think they will go and edit the 189 to add 190 for vic which means joining the queue from scratch again?
4 months later?

Also What if July comes and the occupation they submitted is taken off the list? As long as the EOI u are submitting isn't just for fun or testing or multiple eoi for same occupation/ same person/same visa..go ahead and submit.

The fact that someone has more options to pick from is nothing unfair. There are even ppl who have positive assessment from more than one occupation.
The only thing to say is, remember to delete when u get ITA for one.

Also, ppl not responding to ITA is sometimes because they are doing Canada and Australia at same time..or 190 clicked b4 189.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oriadephilip: 3:50pm On Jan 05, 2018
trastar:

Pls explain
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oriadephilip: 3:53pm On Jan 05, 2018
bensky:
Please any response will be appreciated .

Your work experience doesn’t correlate with your nominated occupation
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lakola: 4:17pm On Jan 05, 2018
jazinogold:

congrats...how many years of experience did u submit and how many was approved? was ur degree classified as bachelors degree?

1 year work experience. My degree was assessed as an Australian bachelor degree
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lakola: 4:17pm On Jan 05, 2018
Tuteso:
@lakola
Congrats.

Please did you pay for priority?

No I didn’t. As stated earlier it took about 9 weeks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lakola: 4:20pm On Jan 05, 2018
Hello house!!! please for those in Australia what English test is better to go for? Considering someone who is aiming at 20 points
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jazinogold(m): 4:24pm On Jan 05, 2018
lakola:

1 year work experience. My degree was assessed as an Australian bachelor degree

can we chat jazinogold@gmail.com got some questions to ask you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Eladua(m): 4:34pm On Jan 05, 2018
paulooma:
Hello Seniors,

For the 489 Hardware technician, Is it advisable doing it as a single applicant? I'm married and will want my wife and kid to join me.

How visible getting job offers from Nigeria for the state Nomination?

Cc: bellong, trastar, Eludua, Stepo707

You don't need job offer for South Australia. And there is no problem adding your partner if you can afford it.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 05, 2018
though I don't have the money at present but. I still have faith I can be in this country.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yettyRoot(f): 5:03pm On Jan 05, 2018
For people who have accessed with ACS, got a question as I've been reading that they cut years of experience. I haven't gotten the logic of cutting experience. I have a BSc in computer science and I have exactly 3 years experience as a software engineer(started the job Jan 2015). Luckily, there's a skilled migration code for that. I would like to believe my 3 years experience should not be cut off. I'd love to know why they cut people's experience off?

(1) (2) (3) ... (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.