Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,538 members, 7,823,351 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1209962 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 12:49am On Oct 08, 2016
omar000:

okay but what about ACS nomination ? i read that to have major in ICT one needs to be having minimum 2 year work experience . is this correct ?
No idea sir. Na knowledge me self find come here
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 12:50am On Oct 08, 2016
mamajaz:

If you carry this anointing go PTE-A, you will have 90 round, and your result will be available within 24 hours or 5 days in the maximum.
PTE
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 5:28am On Oct 08, 2016
Cottyekundayo:
PTE
Itumo?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 9:32am On Oct 08, 2016
Cottyekundayo:
PTE

we dey call am PTE-A cos it has to be the Academic one...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by vcole: 9:45am On Oct 08, 2016
In my opinion, I would advise you to apply for a remark for your writing and speaking. You have nothing to lose. It will take you 6-10 weeks to get the result but the average response comes in 7 weeks. It costs N15k which is refundable if your scores are upgraded. I do not think that your assessment body accesses your ielts result online. I may be wrong but if that is the case then you only need a clear coloured scan of your test report form which you can do by using your phone to snap it just before submitting it for a remark.
If you wanna play safe, then you can apply for your assessment first and after which, you apply for a remark.
There is no guarantee that you would ace PTE. While it is a more likely option that you would, it's better to not put all your eggs in one basket.
Bnimz:
guys my IELTS just got released... viewed online

Listening: 9.0
Reading: 9.0
Writing: 7.5
Speaking: 7.5

Overall: 8.5

Too bad. what do you guys think, should I call for a review of the last two or just register for PTE-A straightaway
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 11:20am On Oct 08, 2016
Quick question Engineers.. Has EA ever asked someone to submit extra documentation to support an Academic-based career episode?

e.g, Final year project report, I.T report or coursework report?

Asking to know whether I need to compile the documentation in case they have doubts. After-all, how exactly can they determine that you haven't written an elaborate work of fiction? grin grin
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 1:12pm On Oct 08, 2016
New information, I don't know whether this is a myth or not, there's no way of confirming this, however...

If you want to write IELTS, when registering and it asks the reason for taking the exam, put any reason that is NOT immigration...

It appears to affect their judgement hence the reason people seem to fall short of what they need by just one section or 1 point..

I specified that mine was for immigration, it asked which country, I wrote Australia...

as i said IT MIGHT BE A MYTH OR MERE SPECULATION but it seems to occur a lot and i've been seeing it online so it might be worth taking note of.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by vinoc: 3:03pm On Oct 08, 2016
Who else wrote the IELTS today.. The reading section for Academic really dealt with me couldn't concentrate.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bimpsy99: 5:00pm On Oct 08, 2016
All the best. Please what were your questions for writing and speaking?

vinoc:
Who else wrote the IELTS today.. The reading section for Academic really dealt with me couldn't concentrate.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ddaniella: 7:14pm On Oct 08, 2016
Good evening everyone,
I really appreciate this forums effort to enlighten prospective migrants. I am a chemical engineering graduate and have been working for 3 years as a process engineer do we have a chemical/process engineer in Aussie who has passed through the same PR process because i am about starting. So far i have read posts and discussions but need someone specifically in my field to put me through.
Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ddaniella: 7:19pm On Oct 08, 2016
vinoc:

Please,how was the speaking question because i am preparing to write early next month?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 7:42pm On Oct 08, 2016
vinoc:

Dat thing was something else

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 10:07pm On Oct 08, 2016
vinoc:

Me! Me!! Me!!!

I did my IELTS GT today @ Mauve 21, Ibadan. Quite impressed with the level of organization. I recommend the centre for u all.

Did my Speaking yesterday. Me and the woman just dey smile for each other like say dem use smile swear for us. Wonderful session though.

Listening....mwah!!!
Reading.....mwah!!!
Writing......hmmmmm(it is well)

I hope to return with Good news sha.

#offtofinishCDR

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by femidudu: 10:48pm On Oct 08, 2016
bellong:

How long have you been practising?

The process is long but very profitable for medical practitioners. You need to pass the medical examination set by the medical board. The exam is in two stages. I think South Africa and Egypt are the only centres you can write it in Africa.

Meanwhile, there is a possible pathway for medical practitioners for those with at least three years of experience.
@bellong please fill me in on this 'possible pathway' i'm a general practitioner with more than 3years experience. Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by vinoc: 11:10pm On Oct 08, 2016
Ddaniella:

Please,how was the speaking question because i am preparing to write early next month?
Just study every aspect u can, it normally starts with questions about ursef, Part 3 is tough though but the whole tin is how fluent your are and correct pronunciation

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by vinoc: 11:12pm On Oct 08, 2016
jamson:

Me! Me!! Me!!!

I did my IELTS GT today @ Mauve 21, Ibadan. Quite impressed with the level of organization. I recommend the centre for u all.

Did my Speaking yesterday. Me and the woman just dey smile for each other like say dem use smile swear for us. Wonderful session though.

Listening....mwah!!!
Reading.....mwah!!!
Writing......hmmmmm(it is well)

I hope to return with Good news sha.

#offtofinishCDR
Exactly this is the most organize exam I have ever written. I wrote mine at Nike Lake Resort Hotel in Enugu.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 11:34pm On Oct 08, 2016
I don come again.. you'll be seeing me a lot in the next few days o... Anyway.. where is that man that got 90... Yes, Chidike, show abeg.. And everyone else wey don do PTE-A

PTE-A Writing. I gat small headache about one thing. My typing speed is not fast o.. I have to look at the keyboard while typing. in short, I can write about two to three times faster than I can type...

how big a problem is this? How fast do I need to be? can someone with average typing speed still do well?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ladon7: 1:42pm On Oct 09, 2016
Please wat does CDR means
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 2:40pm On Oct 09, 2016
Bnimz:
I don come again.. you'll be seeing me a lot in the next few days o... Anyway.. where is that man that got 90... Yes, Chidike, show abeg.. And everyone else wey don do PTE-A

PTE-A Writing. I gat small headache about one thing. My typing speed is not fast o.. I have to look at the keyboard while typing. in short, I can write about two to three times faster than I can type...

how big a problem is this? How fast do I need to be? can someone with average typing speed still do well?
Hahah.. Guy no burst my head with laff
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 2:56pm On Oct 09, 2016
Bnimz:

Hi Bnimz; like I have said in the past visit practicepte.com and practice the PTE with a 2 free mock exams on the site.

Some tips that helped me.

* Be confident and sound confident, i.e try not to be tensed, it will come out in your speech. Sit up straight, don't slouch.
*You need to be audible, I was lucky to be the only one in the room so I spoke out loud.
*There are part of the exam where you have to read something or repeat what has been said, there's a countdown to when the recorded will open for you to speak. I would usually repeat the sentence or read it out before I am required to, this way, I am already conversant eith the words and you won hear 'er'.
You will be asked to interpret graphs and charts; do your best to say all that you see. for example I had one where the graph was on rainfall and I started like this; "The graph shows the distribution of rainfall in XYZ, from 2002 to 2008 with January and December having the highest rainfall while March and April experienced low rainfall" ...you need to identify key points.
*It also helps to listen and take notes, you may be asked to summarize a lecture or interview that will be played only once; ensure you're taking notes of key points and don't try to write down everything cos then you may may miss out on important points.
*When writing your essay; Start with an introduction; possibly give statistics (If you are familiar with the topic). Argue for both sides and choose a side in your conclusion.
*Check your spellings and grammar (Carefully read what you have typed; sometimes you may need to read twice before you even see that you typed Wdnesday and not Wednesday).
I can go on and on; but the key thing is to listen-very important , take down important points, try to relax,pronounce the words correctly and be audible.

Oh and lastly; it does help if you can type fast, I also look at my keyboard, but I'm quite fast and only look up to review what I have typed when I'm done. I read somewhere that they don't care if you use British or American spellings i.e realise and realize

Goodluck!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 3:18pm On Oct 09, 2016
cry

DiaRisGod oooo.. no wahala.. A man shall scale through. .. In the meantime, a man shall figure out how to finish this summary statement..

na the current stage of headache be that... embarassed

una go see me again when I jam another puzzling something grin
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bimpsy99: 4:47pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hahaha.. You sure need to have a reasonable typing speed cos the timer will be in your face and that alone can destabilize you if you are not careful.

Well I did the test as I see say my brother get 90 in each. E no pure.. Had 60 in speaking, 65 reading, 90 writing and 85 listening. It was my first time of being exposed to CBE.

My advice is stick to what works for you once you can study ur area of competence. I had written ietls gt in the past n had a 7.5 average so this PTE may not have worked for me cos I maybe a better speaker in a face to face interview.

Please don't get me wrong. The PTE A exam is more objective cos na computer go mark am. So if you are not fluent or fast enough its a negative point. You can't go back to proof read or correct your errors unlike paper based.

Practice practice and practice so you can improve on your weakness as per PTE. You will be fine. grin

Bnimz:

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 5:22pm On Oct 09, 2016
Bimpsy99:

Well I did the test as I see say my brother get 90 in each. E no pure.. Had 60 in speaking, 65 reading , 90 writing and 85 listening. It was my first time of being exposed to CBE.

SHUOO!! shocked Seems your speaking scores affected your reading scores... Which raises another question... This one wey be say na computer dey mark.. what kinda accent should we use to talk oo?? Make we dey rehearse am in advance.. Cos i'm absolutely sure default naija accent no go work... never been able to use voice commands cos my own computer doesn't understand me grin
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by manucho: 5:59pm On Oct 09, 2016
Chai!! With all these I'm confused which one to write between PTE-A and IELTS. I've got both on my laptop studying. Will VETASSESS accept PTE-A for agric consultant ?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 6:33pm On Oct 09, 2016
manucho:
Chai!! With all these I'm confused which one to write between PTE-A and IELTS. I've got both on my laptop studying. Will VETASSESS accept PTE-A for agric consultant ?

Pls send PTE-academic to me diggy2gud@gmail.com...... the IELTS on academic I wrote wasn't smiling.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by manucho: 6:42pm On Oct 09, 2016
diggy4real:

Pls send PTE-academic to me diggy2gud@gmail.com...... the IELTS on academic I wrote wasn't smiling.

sent bro
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bimpsy99: 6:58pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hmmn.. Not sure u have to talk like oyinbo per se..
Just read fluently and dont do mmh, pause, repeat words and then the part that may have made me get the low score for reading is describing a graph and all sorts. You must be fast and spot on.

In reading, time management is key cos you will see long passages on your screen and you have limited time. Before I knew it I was rushing to finish up, in fact the last two question I didn't even read through well I just selected something. There is also negative marking in the multiple choice questions.

I can assure you from my experience that the computer didn't lie. My take on PTE is that you should master the tricks and trick the computer grin

even though I wished I had at least 65 to even start my skilled assessment while I think of how to get 20 points in English.

PTE may be the way to go if you have practiced and mastered the trick. I can't say its more difficult than ietls, you just must be smart. You can do it smiley

Bnimz:

SHUOO!! shocked Seems your speaking scores affected your reading scores... Which raises another question... This one wey be say na computer dey mark.. what kinda accent should we use to talk oo?? Make we dey rehearse am in advance.. Cos i'm absolutely sure default naija accent no go work... never been able to use voice commands cos my own computer doesn't understand me grin

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by manucho: 9:23pm On Oct 09, 2016
manucho:
make una reply me now
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by metrecube(m): 9:44pm On Oct 09, 2016
manucho:

make una reply me now
Vetassess doesn't require English proficiency before you are assessed. You only need it to increase your point.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by manucho: 10:36pm On Oct 09, 2016
metrecube:

Vetassess doesn't require English proficiency before you are assessed. You only need it to increase your point.
thanks bro
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by joyuzo(f): 8:27am On Oct 10, 2016
manucho:

sent bro
Pls bro do send same to my email too abeg as I'm bait confused with this Pte unlike IELTS.....oluchidave03@gmail.com
Thanks n Gid bless u. Does it mean it all about using the computer for the exams.

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.