Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,611 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Is There A Difference Between Temple, Tabernacle And Synagogue - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There A Difference Between Temple, Tabernacle And Synagogue (1556 Views)

Dead Man Revived By Bishop Oyedepo's Prophetic Mantle - Faith Tabernacle Press / Bus Carrying Synagogue Church Members Falls Into Ditch While Avoiding Cows / David Oyedepo Jnr To Pastor The Faith Tabernacle In Ota (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is There A Difference Between Temple, Tabernacle And Synagogue by cnwokike(m): 7:12am On Apr 17, 2016
Good morning my Nairaland family.

This days as Christians we go to Church for worship on our days of worship be it Sundays or Saturdays.

While studying the old testament, I found out that the places of worship are used interchangeably. Temple, Tabernacle and Synagogue.

Are these three the same?
Re: Is There A Difference Between Temple, Tabernacle And Synagogue by Aizenosa(m): 1:27pm On Apr 17, 2016
They are not the same, there was only one temple in the whole of Israel which is in Jerusalem, there were many synagogues as these were built to teach about the laws to the people, the tabernacle was the moveable tent in which the ark of the covenant was placed this was later moved into the temple when it was built.
Re: Is There A Difference Between Temple, Tabernacle And Synagogue by Kobojunkie: 3:53am On Mar 26
cnwokike:
Good morning my Nairaland family. This days as Christians we go to Church for worship on our days of worship be it Sundays or Saturdays.
While studying the old testament, I found out that the places of worship are used interchangeably. Temple, Tabernacle and Synagogue. Are these three the same?
You must not have been paying attention to detail as you read through the book. undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Checkout Peace Ibiyeomie Distributing Food Stuffs, Clothes To Widows (photos) / Mama @ 60: 20 Facts About Bishop David And Faith Oyedepo That You Didn't Know / Question Seun Has Refused To Answer For The Reason Becoming An Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.