Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,186 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? (9581 Views)

Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) / Church That Uses Calabash With Red Pieces To Collect Offering In Nigeria (Video) / “I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by KingOfAmebo(m): 8:33am On Apr 17, 2016
I was caught up in a heated argument about Church flyers, so I believe bringing it on Nairaland will help shed some light on this topic.

A friend narrated a story of how a 'sister' who was sharing flyers looked at him with disdain as if he has committed a terrible crime for not accepting a flyer from her. Is it a sin if you refuse a Church flyer from someone? How about collecting it, move a few meters look back if the sister is long gone and trash it without even looking at it? (most people are guilty of this, including me.)

1 Like

Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by lekkie073(m): 8:37am On Apr 17, 2016
Must everything from the church be accepted for d sake of it?

7 Likes

Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by Dekatron(m): 8:38am On Apr 17, 2016
I actually collect it, but throw it away right in their presence

Christians are hypocrites. They cannot collect flyers from a Muslim (NEVER!!) but wants Muslims to collect. . . Egocentric, Egoistical, two-mouthed people

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by babybrace(f): 8:56am On Apr 17, 2016
Its either i collect and give it to someone else or fold it and throw it away. What's the use,its nt like am gonna attend.

6 Likes

Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 17, 2016
I simply tell em I'm atheist and don't get invited to listen to children stories.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by Motherfucker2: 9:55am On Apr 17, 2016
Religion is a scam
Is refusing a fuccking piece of paper a sin ??

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by fowlyansh181(m): 9:55am On Apr 17, 2016
I collect them

1 Like

Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by Motherfucker2: 9:56am On Apr 17, 2016
I collect it and clean my ass with it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by Aviero: 9:56am On Apr 17, 2016
A lady wanted giving me a flyer one time, I simply told her, I don't need it. She said "Why"? I told her I can only collect it if she gives me her contacts and agree to go out with me.

She just smiled and started walking away. I followed her up.

The rest is history..

19 Likes

Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 9:57am On Apr 17, 2016
If its not in the Bible, its not a sin.

It is not a sin if u dont collect but if you collect by your own will then throw it away, it is not right and can be classified as a moral wrong but still not a sin.

Better not to collect at all sef

14 Likes

Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by Igholize(m): 9:57am On Apr 17, 2016
Wat an irrelevant nd Childish question....

4 Likes

Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by goingape: 9:58am On Apr 17, 2016
KingOfAmebo:
I was caught up in a heated argument about Church flyers, so I believe bringing it on Nairaland will help shed some light on this topic.

A friend narrated a story of how a 'sister' who was sharing flyers looked at him with disdain as if he has committed a terrible crime for not accepting a flyer from her. Is it a sin if you refuse a Church flyer from someone? How about collecting it, move a few meters look back if the sister is long gone and trash it without even looking at it? (most people are guilty of this, including me.)

shall thank God those days if them give me flyers I dey use am take go toliet.

Keep collecting it! One day you may find use in it by putting your cooked food or using it to clean the ground
Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by PsalmieD(m): 9:58am On Apr 17, 2016
no if it is coupled with money

2 Likes

Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by Vince77(m): 9:59am On Apr 17, 2016
Sin ke? The last time i got a flier i was in d bus and d woman started preaching and sharing it. I left d flier inside dsame bus. Sometimes i dnt collect especially if its bn given by young girls or guys. I only collect frm elders for respect sake.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by ronald4lif(m): 9:59am On Apr 17, 2016
I never collect those stuff coz it's a waste of time since I don't read them and will never attend even if a bulldozer forces me to. But I love to engage them in religious argument.

Once I tell anyone who accost me that I'm not religious and don't believe in magic sky fairies they, in their bid to 'win' souls for Christ starts quoting scriptures and innuendos about how real God and hell is. This is based on bible accounts o, not like they have any substantial facts.

One told me how he left Ghana for Britain empty handed but he's today a British citizen and doing well for himself. I quickly reminded him that securing British citizenship and flaunting it about is not only perfidious but traitorous to his country.

Even though, Britain may be better than Ghana you don't have to gloat about it while betraying your country. Also, told him that his securing of a British citizenship had nothing to do with God as there are unbelievers who also secured same. His countenance changed immediately seeing that I'm not one of the sheeple individual he encounters daily.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by helphelp: 9:59am On Apr 17, 2016
It's just a flyer like every other medium of passing info...

Is changing TV station when a xtian program comes up a sin...Answer that

3 Likes

Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by Jhosh(m): 10:00am On Apr 17, 2016
cheesy Them dey force person collect am sometimes..
They nogo just backoff frm following you..

Forcing people to do something against their will is a sin too? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by Aspiregreat: 10:00am On Apr 17, 2016
it's not in anyway a sin. I simply decline their offer with a smile.
Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 17, 2016
if jesus is really coming soon, to take these people to a paradise in the sky,

why are they expanding there enterprises here on earth??

3 Likes

Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by Olukokosir(m): 10:00am On Apr 17, 2016
If person no collect am, dem go turn yu to Devil ..... Xtian persons cha... Der wahala too much

Its bn long I go church last oo

2 Likes

Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by 9jatatafo(m): 10:00am On Apr 17, 2016
Observing things
Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by Harmored(m): 10:01am On Apr 17, 2016
NOPE
Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by okeke00(m): 10:01am On Apr 17, 2016
When I was a christian. I have that fear in me that if I offend anything related to Jesus or God. that my own is finished. but now that I have seen thr truth. I messed up with pastors when ever they wants to threaten me with punishment and hell fire

2 Likes

Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by SPG4U(m): 10:02am On Apr 17, 2016
mess that sin
Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by Beesluv: 10:02am On Apr 17, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by SpotlezDonald25(m): 10:03am On Apr 17, 2016
See jamb question oh!! As a matter of fact I just rejected one in my church ATM..
Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by winner01(m): 10:03am On Apr 17, 2016
The downside of the internet. Stup!d people can now reach a larger audience and share their woes.
Of all the educative christian topics on sunday, this could only make front page for one reason; Mockery and contempt for christianity.

Weekdays, we got topics defaming pastors and christianity. Sundays, we got topics mocking God and religion.

The reason/plot why this forum does not have a christian section gets more obvious, and no, not because it is pro-islam.

Good Job though, Giving atheists and anti-theists the freedom to prey on weak and innocent minds who choose to know more about God by visiting the religion section and leading them to destruction.

I only got one message for my brethren in the Lord. "Guard your heart with all diligence, for out of it flows life's issues"

Bless.

3 Likes

Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 17, 2016
Dekatron:
I actually collect it, but throw it away right in their presence

Christians are hypocrites. They cannot collect flyers from a Muslim (NEVER!!) but wants Muslims to collect. . . Egocentric, Egoistical, two-mouthed people
h

3 Likes

Re: Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? by shaddoww: 10:04am On Apr 17, 2016
Since i knw i wont read them, i dont bother collect dem so dey can have copies for dos dat will really need it,dat way i believe i av done something good

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! / 8 Important Ways To Manage Your Time As Christians / Yahya Toure Preached Islam To Me; Didier Drogba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.