Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Share Your Experiences As A Younger Senior Management Staff - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Share Your Experiences As A Younger Senior Management Staff (6902 Views)

Two Senior Nigerian Lawyers Punished, SAN Title Removed / We Are Still Recruiting For Management And Non Management Staff (20 Positions) / Senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped Of SAN Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experiences As A Younger Senior Management Staff by nwaire: 2:21pm On Apr 18, 2016
seunajia:
I grew into my role, being a software developer in the financial services sector meant I had some autonomy, I reported directly to the MD/CEO/CTO too. I formed a good rapport with my colleagues and bless them they are excellent people too. They think I perform magic, but I don't. Without being conceited, I try to do a good job at always performing. There're no hard and fast rule but;

1. Know and respect your limits.
2. Be amiable, ask about the wellbeing of your colleagues.
3. Be a man of your words, don't talk too much.
4. Be at the top of your game, always.
5. Notice I never used the words junior or subordinate, always, remember, they're your colleagues.
Nice point I relate with that, lots of interesting comments.
Cheers
Re: Share Your Experiences As A Younger Senior Management Staff by pedrilo: 4:18pm On Apr 18, 2016
i am actually in dis same situation right now. the bad belle is legendary!
Re: Share Your Experiences As A Younger Senior Management Staff by Sampunk(m): 10:12pm On Apr 18, 2016
oriflamebaby1:
My first job was a manager at a 3 star hotel. Without an experience I did so well that it made the staffs I met there uncomfortable! This made them gang up against me expecially cos of my age then... that was then sha.

Now all I do is to make money,look good and have fuN! Ask me how grin
How...... "?
Re: Share Your Experiences As A Younger Senior Management Staff by dont8(m): 3:23pm On Apr 19, 2016
seunajia:
I grew into my role, being a software developer in the financial services sector meant I had some autonomy, I reported directly to the MD/CEO/CTO too. I formed a good rapport with my colleagues and bless them they are excellent people too. They think I perform magic, but I don't. Without being conceited, I try to do a good job at always performing. There're no hard and fast rule but;

1. Know and respect your limits.
2. Be amiable, ask about the wellbeing of your colleagues.
3. Be a man of your words, don't talk too much.
4. Be at the top of your game, always.
5. Notice I never used the words junior or subordinate, always, remember, they're your colleagues.
Nice points.

I especially like your 5th point, I think if people see themselves more as colleagues rather than boss to subordinate, the working environment will be more conducive for everyone and less office politics.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are The Employment Oppurtunities For Biochemists In Nigeria Today ? / No Job? No Skill? No Problem - Become A Small Business Consultant Today / What Re The Requirements For Obtaining Citn Certification With Aca Certification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.